This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Time is the Best Medicine... Right?
Open Siren's Summit 
Apollo
Currently championing:

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

The trees were what drew him to this place. The young green pines that covered the earth and swathed the air with a delicious, earthy odor had drawn him from his wandering. Encountering one, then two, then many, Apollo had let the pines lead him along, gladly following them and inspecting many more, stopping to simply breathe in the scent of pine and earth.

It reminded him of home, of the deep forests of Helovia. The memory tugged at his heartstrings, pulling, beckoning him to return to the place of his youth... But it was not meant to be. Helovia was gone from his grasp forever, and Apollo knew that he could not continue to dwell on that fact. Perhaps that was why he allowed the mysterious pull of this place to hold so much sway over him. Perhaps, should he give these young pines a chance, they too could soon become home. It was an entertaining thought, one that both made his heart light with hope, and heavy with grief.

The Merciful stallion meandered through the trees, picking his steps carefully as to not slip from the frequent rains. Overhead, the clouds were overcast and gloomy with the promise of rain on the horizon. Through the infantile branches he could spot the spire of an impressive summit raising into the air a close distance away, but that was not his main interest, nor did he desire to venture any closer to its base. No. Apollo was quite satisfied here, among the trees, among those who did not look upon them with distaste or contempt, who did not pry for his misgivings and judge him for it. It was simply he, Zola, and these beautiful, wonderful trees.

"... Do they not remind you of home, Zola?" Apollo asked the black feline, and the cat gave a soft purr of contentment from where she was nestled in the hemp satchel slung about the overo's broad shoulders.

'Yes. I know you miss them, but this place, these trees... It smells very much the same here.' And yet so very different. Zola, blind as she was, could not see the world like Apollo could. Instead of seeing things visually, the black cat could only experience the world through touch, taste, sound, and smell. She could catch glimpses of the world through Apollo's honey-brown eyes, when their bond was at its strongest, but most of the time she lived in eternal darkness.

A breathy chuckle came from the Merciful's maw and he gave a shake of his head, brushing his muzzle against the spindly branches of the closest pine tree with unmistakableeable reverence. "Indeed, it does. Perhaps with time, my precious bundle of earth... Perhaps with time." Time, as they said, was the best medicine. Apollo only wished that it was not so bitter to take.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Open to anyone!

Messages In This Thread
Time is the Best Medicine... Right? - by Apollo - 08-06-2017, 04:35 AM