This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
young volcanoes
Private Siren's Summit 
Vulkán
Currently championing:

He is the son of mother and Zekle. The yearling blinks once, twice. "Oh." For one as usually eloquent as he is, it's quite a surprise to see him left speechless. He doesn't really have any emotions on the subject save for being slightly taken aback at the notion his mother had gone through an entire pregnancy without him noticing, but he supposes that he can be prone to missing the obvious details in his hunt for the bigger picture. Deep inside him, in the part that tries its best to feel the emotions that he knows he should feel, there's a small stab of jealousy. He'd thought he and Otem were special in the fact they were the only children to be born of the Mountain's womb - now, it turns out they're not special at all, that they weren't even her last ever offspring. They're just....numbers.

Thankfully, the stab is just fleeting. The colt is soon back to his usual unflappable self, gazing benignly between Mauna and Otem. The younger foal declares his good fortune in having such a large family, and Vulkán is close to pointing out that he and Otem are even luckier, then, given how many paternal siblings they possess, but for once he manages to bite his tongue. Not because he wants to be polite, but because he's not sure if having many brothers and sisters should be considered lucky. That is a debate for a different day, however, and he continues his stone-faced stare between his sister and his new brother.

Otem asks Mauna's reasons for being here, and Vulkán listens with half an ear. He only interjects when the younger colt states that he wants Isopia to be proud of him. "I do not think the dead are able to feel pride, so that is not possible." Again, he's being far too literal - he does not stop to consider that his words may hurt his siblings, because he's simply not capable of putting together actions with consequences. He does not mean to be callous, yet his inability to stop himself from correcting what he thinks is an erroneous statement means that he often hurts without meaning to.

Finally, the subject turns to something that he can truly join in with, as Mauna muses over why the stones are here. "That is an interesting question. At first I was inclined to believe that they were placed here on purpose, however their haphazard nature makes me conclude that I may have been hasty in assuming that. I am now leaning more towards thinking that they are natural phenomena, and that the symbols have simply been etched into them after their creation. What do you both think?" He's almost excited at the notion of getting into a good debate about the background and meaning behind these stones.

image: naia-art

@Otem ohgod vulkan is such a smart arse I wanna slap him in the face :|

Messages In This Thread
young volcanoes - by Vulkán - 07-30-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: young volcanoes - by Otem - 07-31-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: young volcanoes - by Mauna - 07-31-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: young volcanoes - by Vulkán - 08-04-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: young volcanoes - by Otem - 08-06-2017, 01:21 AM
RE: young volcanoes - by Mauna - 08-06-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: young volcanoes - by Vulkán - 08-12-2017, 06:13 PM
RE: young volcanoes - by Otem - 08-14-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: young volcanoes - by Mauna - 08-17-2017, 10:47 PM