This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Things That Never Die
Open Ultima 
Tristan
Currently championing:
T R I S T A N
Perhaps it wasn't the wisest of ideas to wander away from his mother and father nor their companions when still so inexperienced with this land, but Tristan knew that he could not live in their shadows forever. This land was new. Foreign. Exciting. He could taste heroic adventures and puzzling mysteries on the tip of his tongue and it was addictive, pulling him onward like an addict and setting his sooty breast alight with the prospect and promise of the bards singing his name in their songs with his triumphs.

One day...

The prince paced himself evenly as he traveled at a leisurely trot, hooves dragging long lines in the granules of sand as he crossed the shoreline. This place at which he found himself still had no name, at least to his memory, but that was fine. It only added to the mystery. A rocky cliff-face to one side, the ocean to another. Sand beneath his hooves and rain cascading around him. The perfect beginning of a new tale.

It rained a lot, here. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing, of course, but Tristan did find himself missing unrestrained sunlight. Yet another thing that caused his wayward heart to sing for Helovia...

Rambunctious crashing and the churning of waves caught his attention from the pitter-patter of rain as it pelted across his crown. The young stud paused, sharp turquoise eyes searching, only to level upon a petite youth thrashing about in the shallow waves. He appeared to be having quite a merry time and the sight of his joy brought a smile to Tristan's lips.

"Hello, there!" The sooty prince beckoned as the distance between them lessened, hoping that his presence wouldn't be unwanted. "Is the water not cold in the rain?"

So focused on the youth as he was, Tristan was unaware of the gaping maw of a cave nestled within the cliffs at his back, and equally unaware of the horned stranger that made to emerge. It was only with a cautionary glance around, perhaps instinctively searching for this youth's parents that he spotted the pale-headed blight amidst the darkened interior of the cave's innards.

"Pardon, sir," the prince greeted somewhat sheepishly, always one to mind his manners, "I hope my shout didn't disturb you."

image credits

@Rixen @Varuna

I hope it's alright that I had Tristan spot Rixen. :D If you'd like, I can change anything.

Messages In This Thread
Things That Never Die - by Rixen - 07-31-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Varuna - 07-31-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Tristan - 08-01-2017, 02:08 AM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Rixen - 08-02-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: Things That Never Die - by Varuna - 08-08-2017, 09:37 PM