This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
& all there is to see
Open Riptide Isles 
Tilney
Currently championing:

THROUGH SHADOW TO THE EDGE OF NIGHT
UNTIL THE STARS ARE ALL ALIGHT

Squinting through one eye, Tilney noted her comment about breathing underwater with a good measure of scrutiny though it came with a quirky brow and twisted chops. How she came to that conclusion from eating a hallucinogenic cacti was far beyond him, though he could see how perhaps she may have meant it as a figure of speech.
"Hm, I don't know about that" He managed to mumble in response, lurching forward once more to lean upon his shoulder and elbow now stuck in the sand.

What the little one spoke next came as a surprise, though he wasn't totally shocked. Perhaps deep down he had an inkling that she was familiar and reminded him of the others from home, though honestly, he had no clue that the Mountain had any children. And, while Isopia's monolithic appearance clearly influenced that of her daughter, it was certainly not as obvious as to who this filly's father was. Whoever he was, Tilney had little doubt that he would know the man also.

Questioned about his own experience of Isopia, Tilney simply blinked in contemplation. It occurred to him that he did not know her, not at all. A herd-sister she had been for a time, though nothing more. Still he could recall how beloved Ultima preached of the Mountain's wisdom and how the home she built among the waterfalls was so superior to the one he had made for her - perhaps it still stung even today, the parting words of a child by choice who saw more life and truth in a mountain than in a moon.
"I did not" Tilney spoke bluntly, truthfully. "I knew of her. Isopia was, for a time, a prophet of our mother moon in a herd where I governed the healing ranks for many years."

Tilney almost didn't notice the youngin stand as slip away from the sand, and it was only when she introduced herself and the owlet accompanying her that he turned his attention toward her oak-stamped face. Otem and Pandora - names that reminded him of home.
"I am Tilney of the Wor-" He paused, lowering his saddened gaze "Formerly of the World's Edge". Without another moment the stag had risen from the sand himself and shook the salt from his coat.  "It's a relief to meet someone from home. I hope my daughter has met with other Helovians... wherever she is."

rhiaan | neverrmind | Guesswho
@Otem !!!!

Messages In This Thread
& all there is to see - by Otem - 07-27-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: & all there is to see - by Tilney - 07-27-2017, 05:07 PM
RE: & all there is to see - by Otem - 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM
RE: & all there is to see - by Tilney - 07-27-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: & all there is to see - by Otem - 07-27-2017, 06:21 PM
RE: & all there is to see - by Tilney - 07-27-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: & all there is to see - by Otem - 07-27-2017, 08:05 PM
RE: & all there is to see - by Tilney - 07-27-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: & all there is to see - by Otem - 07-27-2017, 09:39 PM