This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Unknowing Bait
Trial Floating Key 
Kahli
Currently championing:
KAHLI

Still livid about my magic being corrupted, I stalk around the pieces of our land not obscured by shadows. Everything is going to shit. My horseshoes are broken, my magics are paired with excruciating consequences, and I’m suck in this humid wet hellscape until our land’s magic can get itself together enough to allow us back home.

I find myself walking into clearer air with each step, and realized that I have managed to stumble upon the Floating Key. I’ve only seen this place a handful of times, but most of the days I come looking for it, it has seemingly been carried off. But today it’s just what I need. I need a break, I need clarity, to consider my next move.

And god dammit these horseshoes and their infernal buzzing are going to give me an aneurism. I’ve considered prying them off of my hooves, but they’re nailed in so tight that it’ll be a two person operation, so for now I’m stuck with them. And even more than that, I found myself snarling curses at the corruption of their magic, and a swell of voices filled my ears, taunting me, whispering secrets and vulgarities, but one promised a solution, and when the situation arises, I will be sure to hop on the opportunity as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, even though the lack of dark magic here is calming, the voices don’t seem to care that I’m just trying to escape them, and they follow me to the turtle’s back. I try desperately to ignore them, and have little success, and the anger that swells inside of me is threatening to pour over on the first thing I see.

And that happens to be a wall of coral.

I storm up to it, ears flat against my skull, and I raise up and claw at the open air with stoney hooves, and I claw at the living material, a terrible scream escaping through my teeth. I claw and scratch at the growth, feeling pieces crack and fall away at my blows. I spin, crashing down upon those front hooves, and my rear ones lash, kicking out, my haunches driving them into the damaged coral. I nearly fall as the heaving chunk gives way, and a sharpened piece deals it’s own damage as it buries into my muscle, tearing the silver-white pelt I wear upon my body. I growl again, shaking with anger, but before I am able to react to the defensive assault, I notice that the hole leads towards a small sandy hollow. Peering through with eyes that match the green blue of the surf, I see the smooth surface of water harbored from the waves and tide of the rest of the sea. Something has found safety in the pool, and I want to know what it is.

Pushing through the remainders of the mass, myself and my voices emerge upon the sands of the shoal. Slowly I make my way towards the bank, and the voices have begun to agree, urging me forward, beginning to chant haunting and murderous thoughts. Floating in the water, moving carefully, was a whale. But not a true whale, no, for one of those would never fit in this small area of water. I tip my head, finally coming to a stop within the water, feeling the lukewarm water lap at my knees.

“Well, hello,” I croon, nostrils flaring, a smile crossing my face. The voices speak now in hushed whispers amongst themselves, and I know what must be done. But before I can make this quick, I decide no better time than now to test the only magic ignored, scared to see how it had been ruined as my transformative magic had been.

I feel the flicker within my chest as I reach out towards the narwhal’s heart. “You float so slowly,” I whisper, “I wonder if the same will be true if your heart races?” I lash out, feeling my magic erupt forward. I am thinking of a pounding heart, a dizzying twist, a nauseating arrythmia. I want to see if the whale will jet away, or sink like a stone, or maybe its small heart won’t be able to bear the abrupt tachycardia.

But as soon as I send the magic out, my head spins and I want to wretch as I feel my own heart begin to thunder within my chest. I cough and sputter, falling to my knees, and as the magic is broken I feel my heart rate begin to decrease, and I take a moment to recover. However, my eyes never leave that little spotted asshole’s hide. I climb upwards, regaining my footing, and shake my body off. I don’t know if my magic even effected the companion, nor do I care. I lunge forward, teeth bared, head snaking towards the beast, trying to drag it towards me and my flailing legs. I rear, hooves heavy as clubs, and I come crashing down, hoping that the water that will splash back upon me will be filled with blood.

Cause I’ve killed before,
& I’ll do it again.
image || coding

@Aquila

Messages In This Thread
Unknowing Bait - by Aquila - 07-24-2017, 08:40 PM
RE: Unknowing Bait - by Kahli - 07-25-2017, 12:31 AM
RE: Unknowing Bait - by Aquila - 07-30-2017, 08:36 PM
RE: Unknowing Bait - by Kahli - 08-07-2017, 05:43 PM