This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I don't play by the rules
Private Ultima 
Ki'irha
Currently championing:

Fucking. Rain.

Ever since they had been thrust into the portal, the rain had been nearly relentless. It soaked her to the bone. She shifts her shoulders, thankful for the pelt that hands around her, as it provides a small bit of protection. But as if that wasn’t enough, as if all she was forced to endure since her entry to the rift wasn’t sufficient, she found herself deaf. She had been wandering through the forest, unable to find her daughter, and had been wishing for wings. Perhaps if she could take flight, could find herself airborne, it would make it easier to spot the daughter of moon and stars. As if the forces had been cherry picking prayers, she found herself suddenly consumed by pain and unsettling sensations, and then was suddenly deaf. The last thing she heard was a whisper, telling her what she needed to do to get her most favored sense back.

She snorts, shaking her head, as she pushes her way through the forest. It is dizzying constantly turning her head to cast vigilant glances over her shoulder, but she doesn’t trust this land enough to leave her guard down whatsoever. Her ears continue to pivot and swivel in vain, but her silver gaze is keen as ever, and she is trusting her sense of smell to lead her some of the way.

She is finally able to capture a whiff of a smell, something that stood stark against the wet mildew smell of the rainforest. She had been traveling along the dust of the forest, remaining hidden from the ocean seascape, and had yet to see anybody, friend or foe. She turns her body to follow the smell, slipping carefully through the brush. Soon enough a form appears through the trees. She remains hidden, watching the filly, and it isn’t remarkably hard to assume who she may be related to. Certainly, the star swept mare could be wrong, but how common was that deep chocolate pelt, stained with veins of gold? Sure, she could be wrong, but chances are the guilded prince has been busy.

She releases a soft nicker, announcing her presence, before her galaxy form slips into view. She doesn’t want to startle the girl, but it certainly isn’t smart for someone so young to be so alone during this treacherous time. Leave it to Rikyn to allow his children to just wander about in a dangerous new world? And even then, that was giving him a lot of credit, that he didn’t just find a warm hole for his goods and then leave to never be seen again. With that boy, anything was possible.

“Hello,” she begins, voice a little louder than appropriate. To be fair, she can’t hear a thing, and on that same hand, why was she trying to hold a conversation with someone who she couldn’t listen to? “It’s dangerous out here. You should return to your parents, where it is safe.” Again, a little louder than appropriate.

A scowl mars her previously friendly face, and she flicks an ear. She doesn’t to charades, but she should at least warm the child that she won’t understand any speech. “You’ll have to excuse me, and my tone, I’ve recently come down with some hearing issues. I don’t mean to yell.”

If stealth was on the filly’s side, it isn’t any more. The mare had been loud enough to wake up every soul between here an the portal. At least the presence of the rift hadn’t stolen her horn, as well as her sense of sound.
- when a shooting star streaks through the blackness - - turning night into day- - make a wish and think of me -

image || table

@Gwyn

Messages In This Thread
I don't play by the rules - by Gwyn - 07-18-2017, 04:03 PM
RE: I don't play by the rules - by Ki'irha - 07-18-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: I don't play by the rules - by Gwyn - 07-19-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: I don't play by the rules - by Ki'irha - 07-21-2017, 01:31 AM
RE: I don't play by the rules - by Gwyn - 07-21-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: I don't play by the rules - by Rikyn - 07-21-2017, 04:28 PM
RE: I don't play by the rules - by Ki'irha - 07-22-2017, 02:18 AM
RE: I don't play by the rules - by Gwyn - 07-26-2017, 11:44 AM
RE: I don't play by the rules - by Rikyn - 07-26-2017, 11:55 AM