This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Rikyn
Currently championing:
Not the five feet of water to your chin

It is, of course, only a matter of time until the sound of hooves is heard, squelching in the mud. Laying in the murk and mire, I don’t even bother looking at whoever it is when they come, half way hoping they won’t notice me. I forget, of course, that I’ve got a great big, bronze shoulder plate, and gold markings, to boot. Blending into the ground probably isn’t all that possible when you have glaringly obvious markers.

Duir, well, he reacts, like he always does; moving behind the ridge of my back, as if I’m keen on doing more than just laying here, he radiates worry that the stranger is malevolent. All the trust in the world which had been garnered in the safety of the Basin was probably blasted into bits with the mountain, I guess. He’s back to not trusting anyone, even pretty ladies who are clearly as wary as he is.

"It was the whatever it was, not me," I remark from the damp, assuming she means the shriek of the creature I’d struck with my magic; Duir quietly appears in my mind. You did too. Sighing, I don’t ask if it was womanly, like the creature’s. Duir just answers. Not sharp, like animal. No worry. Just the pee. The sigh I’d been unleashing becomes a groan, my head somehow managing to sink all the further into the mud as I flatly state: "I’m fine."

but the inch above the tip of your nose.
just want one thing - just to play the king
but the castle’s crumbled & you’re left with just a name

please tag rikyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wasn't born with enough middle fingers - by Rikyn - 07-20-2017, 01:41 PM