This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Rikyn
Currently championing:
Яikyn
Fuck you, and you, and you...

Each syllable in my head is met with a strike of my horn or clatter of my hooves against leaf, trunk, stone… anything it can come into contact with.  Any hapless creature or plant that can't come back to bite me in the ass is given a healthy dose of every bit of frustration I feel roiling inside of me.  I’ve been doing this for about an hour or so now, according to Duir, who morosely plods along behind me, nervously watching a glowing light that trails along after us, wondering if it minds that I’m pretty well trashing its forest.

Oh, and you too.

This thought is had as I lay eyes on a pair of small eyes glowing in the shrubbery; reaching out with my magic I’d quested to improve, I fully expect the shrill sound of pain which is due to burst out of the shrubbery to be one that fills me with glee.

It’s not.

My stomach lurches, and everything starts to spin.  My legs sort of get a life of their own, moving to find purchase in a world that tilts and spins and warps, and something warm feels like its flooding down my legs.  Sure enough, the sound of something shrieking in pain and scampering away as fast as it can meets my ears, but it’s not satisfying, not when everything is lurching aimless about, like it is now. 

The ground feels like up and everywhere as I feel my shoulder impact it.  With a damp splash of mud and gritty rainwater I lay there, breathing heavily, waiting for the world to stop revolving.  When it finally does, Duir's face is hovering directly before mine, his green eyes glittering with far too much mirth, vines tickling my face.  As I blink and shift my head out from underneath them with annoyance, I flash him an aggressive glare, and I kick out with a fore leg, which he dodges (having expected me to be aggressive and petulant on a day like this).

Wh…what happened? I blearily ask, and his ears lift up, the gold flecks in his gaze illuminating with amusement as his lips tilt upward in a deer’s smirk.  Seeming to be aware what he's about to tell me won't be taken well, he continues to dance giddily away, even after he's well out of the range of my horn or hooves.

You pee yourself! he chimes, his laughter ringing through my still boggled mind like wind rushing through noisy leaves; he clearly disapproved of my mistreatment of the creepy jungle natives, and fall down!

Glad you’re so worried for me, I grumpily groan, scooting myself out of my pee puddle by some many feet, but choosing to remain where I am, watching the glowing… thing that had followed us all this while whirl in the air above me with hatred of everything about this cursed place coiling inside of me like snakes.

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit
just want one thing - just to play the king
but the castle’s crumbled & you’re left with just a name

please tag rikyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only

Messages In This Thread
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers - by Rikyn - 07-18-2017, 03:23 PM