This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Sooner or Later it's Over
RP Wanted The Portal 
Apollo
Currently championing:
A P O L L O

When everything’s meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Breathe. Just breathe.

There was no use fretting over once was, no use of mourning losses or questioning existences. There was no time, no point. It had all happened so fast and it would be useless to cry, to fret, because this was not Helovia and there was no point in pretending that it was.

Instead, he would just breathe. Inhale, exhale. Rinse and repeat.

… But they were gone. Nothing could change that. Nothing could rid the images from his mind. They were all gone, all lost, valiantly trying to defend their home and losing their very lives for it. Kaos had slain them,murdered them, familiar names and faces and souls that he had once called family. The usurper of lands had cast them out and wrenched their lives away, twisting and warping until there had been nothing left save vaporous wisps, disposing of them like a horse swatting a fly with their tail.

Legs trembled beneath the Merciful’s ebony bulk, chest heaving in the wake of his panic and sweat mottling his flanks, foamy and hot. Nostrils flared, ears swiveled forward at attention, honey-brown eyes wide with wonder and terror as he remembered, and oh,Godsdid it hurt.

When the portal had opened, the gateway to this land of mystery and after the killings had started, Apollo had watched with wide-eyed terror, shocked and hooves rooted to the spot, unable to move. Some stayed, some fled. Some, like him, were completely blindsided with terror and seemed to be unable to move. It had only been Zola’s voice screaming in his head that his petrified body found motion. 

’Run!’The cat had howled, tail puffed to twice its size, the blind feline tucked securely into the latched pouch that hung off of his shoulders and secured about his neck, the sleek black of her head poking out of one of the bag flap corners,/’Apollo, run!’

With a choked sob, Apollo the Merciful had done just that. He ran and didn't look back.

And now…

Breathe.

The world around him was a new, strange, frightening one. Eerie glowing eyes peered at his trembling bulk with judgmental gazes, watching him through the furling mists and shadowed trees, like darkness incarnate. His youthful fears of the dark had returned with a vengeance, but at least he wasn't  alone. Zola was with him, her tiny body warm in his shoulder pouch.

“This place,” he breathed out upon a whisper, lips quivering, “... I-I don't know where to go, Zola. I don't know.” Inside his satchel, Zola gave a small ‘meow’, her voice resonating anxiously in his head.

‘We must try, Apollo. We have to. Maybe Lyanna is here? We must find her. Ktulu and Eytan? Safety in numbers, yes?’

No one was here, and no one would help him. The Grey was not here to sweep him away into their comforting folds of brotherhood. The Foothills and Falls were no longer there as a safe haven. The Edge was gone forevermore. This… This place, this world, he would need to discover on his own.

“... We can try.” He murmured, tone uncertain.

It was all he could do.

----

Magics:
{SAFE} EarthxLight | Able to dig his horn into the dirt, and touch said dirt-covered horn to a wound to heal it ] 
:: [ Restrictions | Dirt must have touched the horn to activate the healing properties; larger wounds will require more dirt, energy expense, and focus ]

Enchanted items
None

Rift-god / Kaos items
None

Amulets : 1

Companion/s : 
{SAFE} {Zola - Black Cat | None | 2yrs 9 mos | Mid-Drench 1169, October 14 2014}

Requests: I would like to have all of Apollo’s regular items transferred from Helovia, please!
Regular Items:
:: [ Item: Band of the Tree | Bracelet of gold leaf and green stones (from the Giving Tree 2015). ]
:: [ Item: Satchel | Hemp satchel on shoulder ]
 :: [ Restrictions | Of no use in battle ]
:: [ Item: Jewelry | Blue beads in mane ]

I hope I did all this right since Apollo only has one magic and one companion, and no enchanted items! Let me know if anything needs changed, please!

Messages In This Thread
Sooner or Later it's Over - by Apollo - 07-16-2017, 12:08 AM
RE: Sooner or Later it's Over - by Rift Presence - 07-16-2017, 03:52 AM
RE: Sooner or Later it's Over - by Requiem - 07-16-2017, 06:41 AM
RE: Sooner or Later it's Over - by Rift Presence - 07-16-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: Sooner or Later it's Over - by Anuya - 07-16-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Sooner or Later it's Over - by Apollo - 07-17-2017, 04:44 AM
RE: Sooner or Later it's Over - by Requiem - 07-19-2017, 01:59 AM