This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
is anybody out there
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Savera
Currently championing:

Player is absent until

s a v e r a & d e v i
we might be hollow but we're brave
and i like you
We escape the portal relatively unscathed, though my senses remain clouded, nearly useless, and Savera is still scared. We are fortunate, though - Neaera's Nix has fled into the darkness, and though I am too busy focusing on survival to care, my morning star is deeply perturbed by the zephyr's absence. She frets, agonizes, that her sister is hurt, that anything should dare touch her precious twin; yet at the same time a deep, wretched part of her is pleased, grinning cruelly as it whispers to the back of her mind that perhaps now Neaera will need her even more, that she will be invaluable to her sister in this dark hour. The ivory damsel presses her shoulder periodically to her twin's, runs her muzzle in the flaxen mane, checks on the ugly Charon's well being. I notice this, but I don't much care. She is the third in her trifecta, the final star born, the last to rise. This bothers her, though I could not say why - I am superior, so she must be. All other arguments are moot.

Onward we wander, Savera trailing her sisters as she struggles to comprehend without being overwhelmed. This world is big and strange; she wonders at it without digestion; she loathes it for its vastness; she is awed and afraid. Trees like giants stretch around us, ancient creatures full of dark secrets. From their boughs we see the glitter of stars - or is it eyes? It is hard to say in this murky light. My morning star shudders, viscerally unhappy by the absence of sky, her small wings yearning to carry her away and out of this dark phantasma, this hell. She tries to stay close to the others, to remain within eyesight and earshot, but it is difficult, so difficult, and without me to guide her she quickly becomes lost.

She pauses when she realizes, suddenly, that she can no longer hear Neaera or Vesper. The princess' body grows suddenly rigid, heterochromatic ears erect. I can feel the terror rising within her, the overwhelm rising behind her eyes. She turns her head, gold eyes saucer wide, heart racing, hair on end; my attempts at purring to calm her down yield no results and I resign myself to sitting among her horns, waiting for her to settle down. They'll come to us, they'll find us, if only my partner can be still - but Savera doesn't settle, isn't still, and before I can protest she is inching forward, following a promising flash of light.

The light, it turns out, is the reflection of another - and Savera begins to sigh her relief before the realization strikes her, this is not her sister. "Oh!" she squeaks, her voice bright and brittle in the neon gloom, her expression hopeless as she tries to comprehend this stranger, to soak her in and commit her to memory and maybe understand her, so she need not be afraid. She does not know yet to run from strangers, to flee danger, and so she does not try to escape - she only stares, and I do to, though from my position on her head the newcomer is little more than a hazy, uninteresting blub resembling every other outside our family that I have ever seen.

idk I'm sorry
@Neaera @Vesper if you want

Messages In This Thread
is anybody out there - by Vinati - 07-15-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: is anybody out there - by Savera - 07-16-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: is anybody out there - by Valdís - 07-16-2017, 05:08 AM
RE: is anybody out there - by Otem - 07-16-2017, 03:09 PM
RE: is anybody out there - by Neaera - 07-17-2017, 01:06 AM
RE: is anybody out there - by Vinati - 07-18-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: is anybody out there - by Savera - 07-19-2017, 03:04 AM
RE: is anybody out there - by Otem - 07-26-2017, 03:02 PM
RE: is anybody out there - by Valdís - 07-27-2017, 01:54 AM