This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
don't be afraid to leap
RP Wanted The Portal 
Ki'irha
Currently championing:
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night

Everything was silent.

The star swept mare trembles, stripped of one of her most utilized senses, and in this new and violent world, she feels trapped and horrified. Ears twist constantly, desperate to catch the smallest whisper, but there is nothing. Silver eyes roll as she tries to watch her back, watch her sides, watch all of the blind spots she now has thanks to her sudden deafness. Something brushes her haunch, and whether it was a fern or death she didn’t know, didn’t care, because she was careening into the darkness, crashing through the underbrush.

She misses the gentle voice calling out into the darkness, turning from a murmer to a desperate yell, and she nearly tramples past the small form begging her companion to move. The starlit skids to a halt, shaking the debris from her coat, still hidden just a bit away within the trees. She certainly didn’t sneak nearby, no, because the amount of noise she had made was probably akin to a rhinoceros thrashing around in a china shop. Ears continue to lean, spin, pivot, but it doesn’t take sound to know that the girl is trying to wake something that may never wake again.

Slowly she emerges, walking carefully on long legs, and blows a gentle nicker to announce her presence. Despite being uninvited, she makes her way to the side of the fox, and drops her own muzzle down to investigate. It is alive. She pulls her head away, smiling at the girl, and takes a step back.

“HE’S ALIVE, IT’S OKAY.” Somehow, yelling was what came naturally. She could feel the force with which her words emerged, and cleared her throat, shifting uneasily. ’Well,’ she thought to herself, ’this is embarrassing’. Softer then, barely above a whisper, she continues. “Sorry, I’ve lost my hearing, I don’t mean to yell. A lot has happened today. I’m sure it’s taken a toll on him, just as it has you.”

She pulls her lantern from its holder and lowers it to the ground between them, allowing its stardust to cast pallid light across their scene. “My name is Ki’irha, I am from Helovia.”

It’s not as though she would be able to hear any response, but perhaps she was better at reading lips than she thought. She would hopefully provide some sense of safety in this world, maybe provide enough comfort for the girl and her bonded to get through this initial shock.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
don't be afraid to leap - by Bellanaris - 07-15-2017, 10:51 PM
RE: don't be afraid to leap - by Rift Presence - 07-16-2017, 04:08 AM
RE: don't be afraid to leap - by Ki'irha - 07-18-2017, 02:38 AM
RE: don't be afraid to leap - by Bellanaris - 08-21-2017, 11:06 PM