This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
shadow play
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Roskuld
Currently championing:
roskuld
Still ignorant of all the trouble I'mma get us in

They were just so offended by seemingly everything about me--by my look, by the way I hissed at them--and honestly it added more fuel to the fire. Especially the mare, who was so indignant at being called a thief. Honestly I’d done it just to fuck with her, and it was clearly fucking with her, and I probably would’ve kept pushing it if the little girl hadn’t spoke up in a tiny, defiant voice.

My gaze is pulled to the smol-person, right as she starts emitting sparks from her back, the same way my wings constantly threatened to crackle into existence. The scowl on my face dropped; my face became slack from the shock of how fucking adorable she was. AWW~! I cooed, my once-angry brows now furrowed in an intense swoon. It caught me completely off guard--that this lil’ thing would have powers of her own, having a handle on them so early--and honestly it melted my heart to know that children could be such tiny, tiny assholes if you pushed them hard enough. I was conflicted; there was the sudden urge to cuddle her or push her over, I wasn’t sure which I wanted to do more, but honestly neither impulse was strong enough to compel me forward (She was just--over there, y’know, and I was here) so I was just stuck there for a moment watching her with dewy eyes.

*You don’t have to be rude.*

My attention was splintered again, this time by the short golden boy trying to chastise me with a stern brow. And then I actually laughed, braying like a donkey, folding in on myself until I stumbled to the ground. To be fair, I wasn’t actually laughing at him--it was the only weapon he had against me, to try and be right and proper--but he just accidently jumped on the theme of the party. “Lil’ boy, I ain’t gotta do shit,” I said with a voice shattered with laughter, “you’s right.”

I looked up at him from where I lay on the ground, my eyes indulgent and sneaky when, before, they were full of possessiveness (I’d already forgotten about that damn tree). “Kid, if you worried about people bein’ rude to you, you ain’t never gonna sleep at night,” I said, like I was giving him some sort of wisdom or something. “There’s always gonna be assholes and fuckfaces and a few of them are even gonna try an’ eat you, but even the worst ones use please and thank you before they munch your lil’ asshole. I mean, hell kid, even Kaos tip-toed is ass in our--MIDAS!!

I sat up suddenly, looking at the mare and her silver collar, my brain finally farting the random memory that was stirring under my eyes at the sight of her . Midas. “But--wait,” I stuttered, squinting at her, “Midas was a dude though.” And even though she matched the palette and the silhouette, there was just too much off for me to really be comfortable with my assessment. And, also. Midas was a dude and she ain’t got no dick.

“...who the hell are you again?” I asked, my brow cocked. Should I know you?

You know, the one at W. 103rd and Broadway?

x

Messages In This Thread
shadow play - by Gwyn - 07-14-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: shadow play - by Zahra - 07-17-2017, 05:07 AM
RE: shadow play - by Galahad - 07-17-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: shadow play - by Gwyn - 07-17-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: shadow play - by Zahra - 07-17-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: shadow play - by Galahad - 07-17-2017, 09:01 PM
RE: shadow play - by Roskuld - 07-18-2017, 12:13 AM
RE: shadow play - by Gwyn - 07-18-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: shadow play - by Zahra - 07-19-2017, 11:10 PM
RE: shadow play - by Galahad - 07-20-2017, 04:29 PM