This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
shadow play
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Roskuld
Currently championing:
roskuld
Still ignorant of all the trouble I'mma get us in

“No, it’s MINE.”

I didn’t even know what the kid was talking about.

“Back the fuck up off it, kid.”

But I mean, whatever.

I stepped out of the wetness, and the only reason why I wasn’t bloodstained was because of the incessant rain pouring down all over my body; besides that, you could still see the raised notches of skin under the pricks of ruined coat, the only signal of the claw-scars that raked across the front of my body.

I dunno, man. I don’t know why I decided to fuck with some kids--maybe it was because I was reaching (reaching, reaching--) for that familiar melted glow in my heart whenever a kid skipped in my path; a warmth that hadn’t belonged to me, but had belonged to a heart that was so twisted and linked to mine there was no way none of that loving ooze would find its way to my breast.

Don’t know why Chico loved kids so much--he would just spark up and glow at the sight of them. And now here was some kids, and he wasn’t around to glow (cuz he was dea--), and I guess that’s what pulled my spirit deeper into the harassed smoke of the dark, sunken place I’d fallen into.

Anyway, I uh. Came outta nowhere, my head down, pushed forward like a foraging snake; I snorted at this shot of gold-dust while his Ma (I guess) and his sister (or whatever) stood by not too far away. “Fuck off my tree, jerk,” I growled; my eyes were insolent and dark, raking from one face to the other, and the air above my back sizzled and sparked faintly in the pounding of the rain. For no real reason, honestly. I wasn’t even mad; I just wanted to see what would happen. I’d never tried being an asshole to kids before (I’d never had the heart to try it--)

My eyes fell on the silver-plate collar that circled the mare’s neck. Something about it--the way it glinted in the light, the vagueness of the gold on her coat and the way it played with her blacks and whites--something about it stirred in my memory, in the deepest recesses of my memories to something close and tender and sweet. But I wasn’t in the headspace to be able to recognize a piece of my past like that, a piece of me, so I just smirked something dirty at the mare and decided to fuck with her anyway. Ooooooh, you stole somethin’,” I sneered, my voice coming out like oil.

{OOPS CRASH OOP}

You know, the one at W. 103rd and Broadway?

x

Messages In This Thread
shadow play - by Gwyn - 07-14-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: shadow play - by Zahra - 07-17-2017, 05:07 AM
RE: shadow play - by Galahad - 07-17-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: shadow play - by Gwyn - 07-17-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: shadow play - by Zahra - 07-17-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: shadow play - by Galahad - 07-17-2017, 09:01 PM
RE: shadow play - by Roskuld - 07-18-2017, 12:13 AM
RE: shadow play - by Gwyn - 07-18-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: shadow play - by Zahra - 07-19-2017, 11:10 PM
RE: shadow play - by Galahad - 07-20-2017, 04:29 PM