This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
fallen stars
RP Wanted The Portal 
Savera
Currently championing:

Player is absent until

let me kiss you in the pouring rain

We float into the sky. It's not quite falling, not quite flying - there is no way to aptly describe it, because in the absence of gravity there is no way to understand where our bodies belong. My claws wrap and entangle in her soft gold mane; she is my anchor to this world, the one we're leaving behind, the one we're soon to find. We try to follow Neaera, to stay with our mother, to cling to the familiarity of family, but in that infinite second of belly-dropping float we are absolutely alone, and the feeling is unbearable.

We land unceremoniously upon the ground, a tangle of wayward limbs and bruised egos and petulant cries. I remain curled in the space between her barely budding horns, clinging to Savera's short forelock with all the strength of a newborn kitten (quite literally), while she moves and jolts beneath me, raising shakily to spindly legs, her face a mess of snot and tears. Her eyes are mirrors, as wide as saucers, as she stares into the murky dark, the strange light, the foreign cacophony of color and sound. Something moves to our right; Savera dances away on wobbly legs while I peer out past her ears, trying find the source of the uneasiness that this place wears like a blanket. My eyesight is impeccable in this brooding light - but even I am lost, blind, my senses muted and my intuition dampened to the point of near uselessness. Which is a problem, because my morning star is growing swiftly overwhelmed, the enormity and unfamiliarity and loneliness of this place encroaching on her already fragile mental state like sharp, too-skinny fingers.

I try to purr encouragingly, but all that comes out is a shuddering mewl, a piteous cry, and Savera is not comforted. Her heart is a butterfly, a caged cat, a dying star. She shies again from an unheard noise, fresh tears rising to hazel eyes, head waving wildly as she bobs and weaves, utterly unsure where to look, what to focus on, how to start understanding this new hell. Where is Neaera? Where is mother? Where are all the things she knows, the little pieces she has carefully put together, constructed into a small but comprehensible world? She steps backwards, gold legs quivering like her auerate lips, teardrops like crystals clinging to long lashes.

Another sound, and she spins around again, ready for a new wave of horrors to overcome, a new onslaught of strangeness - but instead, familiarity, a merciful and beautiful spot of comfort, a heartrendingly familiar figure beneath the oppressive gloom. "Aaa!" the filly vocalizes, her cry of relief punctuated by my own ecstatic screech, our joy at finding Vesper almost as absolute as our fear. She charges toward the older girl, stumbling, calling, pleading for this to be real, for her sister to be there; hoping that, when she crashes into the older girl's side, Neaera will be there and the sun will come out and this will all have been a terrible, wretched dream.

cause you and I, we were born to die

image credits

Magics:
:: [ Magic: Light | Able to heighten the emotions of others ]
:: [ Restrictions | Lasts 1 post in battle/opponent may resist; must be within 10m radius ]
SAFE PLEASE

:: [ Magic: Dark | Able to transform into a firebird ]
:: [ Restrictions | Transformation causes pain, immobilizing for 10 seconds. Retains coat colors. ]

:: [ Magic: Light (P) | Coat color changes to mimic the light of the sun ]
:: [ Restrictions | Of no use in battle ]

Enchanted items
:: [ Item: Leg Band | Made of platinum gold; can be worn on leg or tail dock; causes night to follow wherever wearer goes. ]
:: [ Restrictions | When removed, wearer experiences normal solar and lunar cycles. ]
SAFE PLEASE

:: [ Item: Moon Goddess Flower | Purple everlasting flower in mane ] (I think?)

Rift-god / Kaos items
None

Amulets
:: two sun, one moon, one kaos

Companion/s :
:: [ Companion: Griffin | Mythical, common | Draining Clutch & Molten Dagger | 0 months ]
:: obtained 07-08-2017, rift birth date early drench 1173

Species change (if applicable) : None

Requests: Feel free to do whatever ;D Especially with her passive?? I'm up for anything. If her flower mutated to just grow permanently in her hair that'd be cool, too.

Items:
:: [ Item: Ability to have 3 active magics | Genetic Mutation. ]
:: [ Item: Jewelry | A dainty net of silver and gold chains interspersed with moonstones, worn woven in her mane ]
:: [ Item: Jewelry | A dainty net of silver and gold chains interspersed with moonstones, worn woven in her tail ]
:: [ Item: Armor | Defensive. Silver breastplate decorated with moonstones and diamonds, with an 8 inch moonstone in the center. Stretches up her wings in chained cuffs along the humerus, also ornately decorated. ]
:: [ Item: Jewelry | Silver and moonstone anklet with small bells ]

Messages In This Thread
fallen stars - by Vesper - 07-14-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: fallen stars - by Savera - 07-14-2017, 03:34 PM
RE: fallen stars - by Neaera - 07-14-2017, 06:15 PM
RE: fallen stars - by d'Artagnan - 07-14-2017, 08:46 PM
RE: fallen stars - by Rift Presence - 07-15-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: fallen stars - by Vesper - 07-18-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: fallen stars - by Savera - 07-29-2017, 04:49 AM