This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
fallen stars
RP Wanted The Portal 
Vesper
Currently championing:

"I CAN'T PULL YOU CLOSER THAN THIS
IT'S JUST YOU AND THE MOON ON MY SKIN."

I wasn’t expecting to emerge on the other side of the portal.  Not if I was being honest.  Each and every step towards the unknown had been so final. Each and every step felt like they were bringing me closer and closer to my doom.  But I had Mama and Papa, so we’d meet our fate together.  I just wished Virga could be here.  I’m not sure if I could ever get over the guilt of leaving him behind, but I supposed that wasn’t important if we were stepping into the unknown anyway.

Could the dead even feel guilt?

But the time for thinking, for dwelling on the what ifs and the what could have beens, was over.  One step.  Then the next.  And another. And then a sensation of incredible pressure.  The air felt like it was being ripped from my lungs and pushed back into my nostrils all at the same time. Squeezed my eyes shut against the sensation and felt that I was anchored to the world of the living only by the sensation of Everly’s talons digging into the flesh of my withers.  

Then we were falling into the void of blue and teal light.  My eyes snapped open as damp, humid air rushed past. Instinctually, my wings opened, and I managed to land upright, quickly folding my wings tightly against my side.  The first thing that I realized is that I didn’t see Mama or Papa, even though we had all gone through the Portal together.  Had they made it through? Had they just landed somewhere else.

Everly, do you see them? I asked, doing my best to quell the fear brewing in my gut.  The Zephyr, though equally as hesitant about this strange place, took off from her perch on my withers and flew a wide circle around the clearing before returning to my side. See no one, she reported, with a distinct tone of helplessness.

I let out a soft huff. The time for grieving would come later. For now I had to survive. I had more to think about than myself. I had Mama, Papa, and two new baby sisters to consider.  They had to be here somewhere, and I needed to find them.

V E S P E R

image credit

{SWP Participant}

Magics:
{*]:: [ Magic: Dark | Able to transform into a shadow form of herself that can pass through physical matter ] \n:: [ Restrictions | Transformation is painful, can only pass through objects 10m or less. ]\n^ Safe Please.\n\n{*}:: [ Magic: DarkxLight (P) | Silver parts of body glow though more brightly at night. ] \n:: [ Restrictions | Of no use in battle. ]\n^ Safe per SWP participation. \n\nEnchanted items\n{*}:: [ Item: Enchanted Moonstone Arrow | Offensive. Moonstone arrow that is controlled by whistles. ]\n:: [ Restrictions | Moonstone has regular durability; 10m radius ]\n^Safe\n\nRift-god / Kaos items\n{*}None.\n\nAmulets : 1 Moon.\n\nCompanion/s : \n[*}Everly - Born 05-28-2016 - I'm literally useless at Rift dates. Ask Neo. :|

Species change (if applicable) :  Nope. She's still a Tribrid.

Requests:  If her glowy passive could be changed to something offensive that'd be fab. She had a blinding-type magic on her wishlist that she could control which would be kinda cool (can control her glow and blind people with it).  But I'm down for some star or shadow based creativity. :)

Regular Items she'd like to bring:
:: [ Item: Jewelry | Small glass charm bundle. ]
:: [ Item: Trinket | A figurine of the moon goddess that glows purple. (from Iona) ]
:: [ Item: Trinket | Miniature quiver with a black leather loop to hold moonstone arrow; foreleg accessory ]

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit

Messages In This Thread
fallen stars - by Vesper - 07-14-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: fallen stars - by Savera - 07-14-2017, 03:34 PM
RE: fallen stars - by Neaera - 07-14-2017, 06:15 PM
RE: fallen stars - by d'Artagnan - 07-14-2017, 08:46 PM
RE: fallen stars - by Rift Presence - 07-15-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: fallen stars - by Vesper - 07-18-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: fallen stars - by Savera - 07-29-2017, 04:49 AM