This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
A Flame in the Dark
RP Wanted The Portal 
Galahad
Currently championing:

It wasn’t exactly how first meetings usually went. Yet, as the ice blue eyes melt into those of sea, he feels some sort of connection to the older mare. For one, it seemed she was just as slightly awkward as he, but because of such it fit. The proof of which was sealed when she finally looked up (from her examinations of him he noticed) and smiled at his attempt to smooth over the rather rough start. It gave the youth’s heart, so far feeling dragged through the mud on the second Portal trip of his life, a lift. There were so many comparisons to make to his father, but this one is most important. The pale gold found his mood greatly lifted to see his skill of a gilded tongue raise the mare’s spirit.

Then, she had to go, and hit a nail on the head….in the coffin. –One- of Thranduil’s sons. The youth could not hide a swallow. All the swirling questions, worries, concerns, and anxieties he’d been successfully stifling since he fell from that hell hole now came to the surface. It took every bit of skill he had to keep the small smile on his face and his tone lightened. “Yes, I am.” But then…it came in a rush of a realization. She…knew him. From before? Maybe even while he was Lord of the North…think of all the stories and tales and – “Do you know him?” Have you seen him….Do you know my mother…brother…so many unanswered questions. He covers any stumble he may have made with: “Never met me but know my name, and they say fame is hard to come by.” The grin returns. At least now, there was some excitement to mingle in all his thoughts, like milk in bitter black coffee.

The coffee date was soon interrupted, perhaps, the pale gold thought, for the better. The topic had been dangerously pushing past the skill set of ‘holding it together’ that he had. Though the colt was proud of himself, he thought he kept it rather concealed. The newcomer though, grabs his attention quickly. His horned head rises again and the feathers on his back answer in the same slightly. The creature’s beauty too stood out from the gloom of the forest beyond. With a proud head of knarled antlers, and a bold strip over blue and white he looked exotic. The pale gold youth turned to face him, sea eyes freezing over slightly again for he once more it was a test of friend or foe.

The question was put to rest as the creature speaks. The youth’s tail swishes against his hock, and his was mildly aware of the cold of the snow. The gold mare, Rexanna, he corrects, returns the greeting. Oh- it was his turn. Well, here he goes again,- “Greetings.” He dips his head to solidify it, and his own tone matches the others in friendliness and warmth. He supposed there was enough cold here, without them adding to it, though he did note (with some concern –as he stored the thought away for later) Rexanna move away.

What now…oh, the name- “I’m Galahad.” The youth states once more for their new comer. He looks to the gold mare, but does not force her into revealing her name. It was sudden and unbidden, but the whole youth’s body gives a shivering shake. Harks fall back. It was glad his old man wasn’t here. With all this friend making, and body language giving him away he’d catch hell for sure. A month of lessons, from the basics. He could almost groan…but instead he speaks an excuse. “Sorry, I’m not used to the cold.” You would think have feathers on his back (and being part phoenix) such trivial things would not be a problem. Maybe it was a portal side effect…He supposed no one made enough of a habit of travelling through them to find out. Perhaps he’s the only one to have done it twice…he could write a book, sell millions, and never have to travel through a portal again. Ah, but then he wouldn’t be here, making friends. A proposition, he was strangely warming up to.

OOC ::  I'm loving this- he's so happy to be social.
"speech"
---
credits

@Rexanna @Rixen

Messages In This Thread
A Flame in the Dark - by Galahad - 07-04-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: A Flame in the Dark - by Rexanna - 07-04-2018, 10:15 PM
RE: A Flame in the Dark - by Galahad - 07-05-2018, 01:46 AM
RE: A Flame in the Dark - by Rixen - 07-07-2018, 04:22 AM
RE: A Flame in the Dark - by Rexanna - 07-08-2018, 01:16 AM
RE: A Flame in the Dark - by Galahad - 07-08-2018, 05:31 AM
RE: A Flame in the Dark - by Rixen - 07-09-2018, 04:30 AM