This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
A Secular Haze
RP Wanted The Portal 
Uriah
Currently championing:
The stallion watched the mare intently as she explained the world around them, as well as the Portal that had transported them here. Uriah wondered if she had seen the same brilliance while traveling to this dark realm. The longer he stood in the soft gaze of the lights the more stifled and oppressed he felt. It was as if something wet and sinister was wrapping around him like a veil. It invaded his lungs and whispered dark and soothing things in his ears, though he could hear no words. However, Uriah’s face remained neutral even as he process everything around him. He was perceptive, and became adept at discerning all that was around him. A lifetime sentenced to being merely an observer on the sidelines.

The winged mare began to bombard him with questions, and for good reason he supposed. One couldn’t be too cautious in a place like this. “I am called Uriah, and I come from nowhere.” He had a habit of withholding information. Perhaps it was a defense mechanism, another way to keep himself safe until he could trust someone. That, and he really didn’t like to pour his whole sad life story on any who were within earshot. “I was a simple nomad by necessity, and to tell you the truth, I thought I had died when I first came here… although that could still be a possibility. One can never be certain about their own mortality.” He rambled off, hoping the little tidbits of information would suffice. He didn’t think the mare dangerous. She was certainly smaller than the bedraggled stallion, but he knew to be wary of strangers.

“And what about you my dear? What is your name? And why haven’t you left this mire if you despise it so?” He inquired with the same calming voice, gold rimmed eyes flashing a quick glance at her wings. She could have easily flown off, gotten her bearings in the sky while he and others sank in the ground. His eyes never once betraying the slight bitterness he felt nagging at the back of his mind.  

---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
A Secular Haze - by Uriah - 05-20-2018, 12:18 AM
RE: A Secular Haze - by DragonHeart - 05-20-2018, 12:59 PM
RE: A Secular Haze - by Uriah - 05-21-2018, 01:28 AM
RE: A Secular Haze - by Rift Presence - 05-21-2018, 03:09 AM
RE: A Secular Haze - by DragonHeart - 05-21-2018, 09:41 PM
RE: A Secular Haze - by Uriah - 05-28-2018, 07:39 PM
RE: A Secular Haze - by DragonHeart - 06-23-2018, 11:07 PM