This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
All The Way To Hell We'll Roll
RP Wanted The Portal 
Calhoun Ryder
Currently championing:

“Human… oid.  To be exact a demon.  And given the simple fact it’s fuckin’ cold here but it sure as fuck isn’t bother yeh I’d venture to say part of that still exists.  Least that fuckin’ remains.  Can’t say I’d enjoy the thought of more of me taken away.”

A breath was forced from the lungs of the large beast, his ears shifting as he picked up the sounds around him.  Haunting tunes that seemed to do little to phase him.  There was no sign of fear in him at what perhaps should normally terrify one to the ends of the Earth and back.  Instead that anger burned hot in his eyes and it failed to leave, the gale in his expression fierce but outside of that he showed no sign of aggression or desire to make any further threats.  He would have to let these two make their choice.  From their it would be his play.  It wouldn’t matter their choice was.  

He would find Arronax.  

But there was a hint of mirth that tugged at the edges of the man’s lips.  Just for a fraction of a moment.  The words that fled the male before him bringing a bit more out of the pirate that had first shown itself.  He understood better than most he had a hair trigger temper.  And when faced with the thought of something happening to the one person he loved.  Well Ryder’s nature stood ass too strong.  His soul, one tied to the devil and the sea, replaced the unending, bone filling dread with a rage that tainted his entire body.  It burned itself into every fiber of his being and lashed out at whatever was within his reach.

Such rage was not something one could let go unchecked.  And often the only balance to such a thing was Arronax.  Truly it had led it his own foolish choices more than once when he had did not have the man at his side.  His body bore the scars that told of such things.  His back littered with older marks that seemed to be around the same age as the brand on his broad left shoulder.  One ear turned, seemingly by itself towards the stallion before him, watching him.  However before he could  really begin to respond to the male the other shifted.  It set his muscles to pull tighter as the teal hued pirate snapped his attention around in a sharp gesture, rage dancing over his features for a long moment.  But it faded.  Tapering off back to the point anger was boiling in his gaze but he lacked any other signs of aggression.

Slowly he let his head shift, turning back to face the other before him, regarding him with some thought before nodding.  Snapping his tail just a bit he closed his eyes for a moment only to lift his head.  Something about him changing.  A more confident stance taking hold.  Well perhaps more to the effect of pride and bravado.  The anger did not change, that was always there, but other emotions were snaking their way back as he reminded himself of the one thing that mattered.  “Love to say I’ve seen wierder fuckin’ shit but I can’t say I have.  Humans and other humanoids?  That is easy to understand.  But this?  This is goin’ to take some fuckin gettin’ used to.”    A slight smirk would tug at the edges of the Captain’s lips at the answer the smaller male gave him. “Think he can keep up?”    A proud grin, all too confident, pressed to the pirate’s lips and he quickly took a stride that almost seemed naturally.  Long and holding all the confidence and danger that seemed to belong.  There was an air about him that held a powerful intimidation factor.  Perhaps his confidence accounts for some of it but something told you there was a violence in his soul that was apt to turn on anyone at anytime unless they meant something to him.  

“So yeh got a name kid, sure as fuck can’t keep callin’ yeh kid.  And short shit won’t do much good either.”  Ryder sighed as the words thrown his way only to be quickly followed with an attempt to reassure him.  Ryder took look comfort in such things but he cared not to divulge such information . Instead he focused on the questions.  “Fact is I don’t remember anything after ordering my crew to run up the red flag.  We were on the tail of a Ship of the Line.  I had them run it up early.  The first reason being seeing the black is one thing but even the King’s Navy knows to jump ship when a pirate crew runs up the red.”    He dwelled on the thought for a moment as the muscles began to adjust to the new style of movement.  It was interesting but perhaps not as difficult as he had thought.

“The type of terror that it instills causes men to turn on each other, to leap into open waters even when they can’t swim.  It’s a powerful weapon and a signal a crew plans to show no quarter to those they are after.  It also runs the chance of causing them to make a mistake.  Especially if you run it up earlier than needed.  If the men have the balls to face yeh they likely will try to rake yeh bow to stern to give themselves a chance.”    He smirked slightly at the the thought, his hooves making firm contact with the ground as he focused on the overpower smell of fear his mind reminded him of.

“But The Ranger’s more than what she seems and I had hoped if she would attempt to come about and make a broadside volley.  We’d turn hard on her at the same time and rip her apart before she brought he guns to bear.  But after the order… the memories are there but I can’t grab hold of them.  Out of reach just far enough to mock me.”    A growl at the thought left his throat, sinew bunching and stretching as tightly corded muscle flexed and released with each massive stride.  

He was adapting.  

Perhaps a bit too well.  But it was a forced situation.  His mind was set.  Arronax was his first priority.  Without him Ryder had no idea what exactly he would do.  As pathetic as it sounded he needed the male more than Arronax needed him.  Shoulders rolled with each step, the strides becoming more natural as he let himself just adjust.  He’d get used to it.  That much was certain.  If he would find his way back to humanoid form he could not know.  But that mattered little at this moment.

A single brow arched at the words the other male offered.  It did make some sense.  Arronax would think of such a thing.  He knew where Ryder’s soul was tied to.  If he was here Ryder suspected he would at least consider the option.  “If he’s not here?  Then I would suspect so.  My soul is tied to the sea.  It’s a lengthy story but he knows that and it goes without sayin’ he’d go there first.”  

Shifting his head slightly Ryder let his neck stretch out just a bit before shifting it back so it might be held with the same proud arch as it had held before.  In the odd lighting the teal hide shone slightly, hints of light dancing off the pelt offering an almost otherworldly glow.  Long, thick waves of deep sea green shifted, the braids heavy against the left side of his neck but not uncomfortable.  It was all an adjustment period and one he was not too keen one.  But Ryder was not exactly incapable of it either.  If nothing else it was his own stubborn will that kept him going.  A stubborn will that had gotten him through much worse than this.
1319 WORDS - @Ricochet / @Roscorro - Ryder is an ass, I am sorry folks

Messages In This Thread
All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Calhoun Ryder - 05-02-2018, 03:57 AM
RE: All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Ricochet - 05-02-2018, 05:00 AM
RE: All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Roscorro - 05-02-2018, 05:18 AM
RE: All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Ricochet - 05-03-2018, 12:07 AM
RE: All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Roscorro - 05-03-2018, 12:32 AM
RE: All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Calhoun Ryder - 05-03-2018, 01:51 PM
RE: All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Ricochet - 05-08-2018, 09:20 PM
RE: All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Roscorro - 05-11-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Ricochet - 05-13-2018, 03:33 AM
RE: All The Way To Hell We'll Roll - by Roscorro - 05-15-2018, 05:40 PM