This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Buoyant are her golden wings
Trial Solanis 
Eleos
Currently championing:

Fruition came rapidly; climaxing in a matter in seconds…

To my unenthusiastic delight, our ambushed host whirls on his toes, upgrading from ‘noble trophy’ to enraged cyclone. In the seconds just before that desperate, hobbled creature closed in -- my rain dappled face eagerly retreats; floating just out of reach to preserve my valuable, halcyon goblets from possible maim and...to serve thunderstruck alarm. 'What fantastic speed!' Ambush had been our victorious move; without ‘surprise’ in our deck, this lithe creature would've easily outmaneuvered us. Empty incisors snap close obediently, but their rearguard is grinding, resentful of this ordeal. With effort, I contain that instinctual flash of desire to give in...to gather readily available fury and wage unnecessary war against this beautiful, unfortunate thing. Beneath my firmly rooted foot, unbeknownst to me, a trio of jade shafts loosen from their socket(s). His furious spittle and needle-like teeth sink into the lower juncture of my leg with puncturing intent. A sharp burst of pain is flung upward; my innards consciously tighten, barely holding back their thunderous response.

Patched hindquarters swing in reverse, backtracking. Amid retreat, my offending hoof elevates; jerking forward and up, sharply attempting to dislodge him. Either the effort to shake him worked or he foaled second thoughts -- either way, the cat abandons our shuffle and disappears with lightning speed into the close-knit foliage around us. Wide eyes fix upon that spot it vanished through as tiny droplets of blood rise in greeting, their color blends against mud soaked skin. Zahra moves forward, effectively taking center-stage, "Aye," a steadying breath eases the load from my heart and encourages adrenaline to evaporate. Within moments, my expression is light enough to make room for a rare, triumphant smile. Below...I'm amused to find not one…but three of his glorious eye-pins.

{Him too!}

Messages In This Thread
Buoyant are her golden wings - by Eleos - 04-26-2018, 05:07 PM
RE: Buoyant are her golden wings - by Zahra - 04-27-2018, 07:47 PM
RE: Buoyant are her golden wings - by Eleos - 04-28-2018, 02:22 AM
RE: Buoyant are her golden wings - by Zahra - 05-02-2018, 02:39 AM
RE: Buoyant are her golden wings - by Eleos - 05-06-2018, 03:24 AM
RE: Buoyant are her golden wings - by Zahra - 05-06-2018, 03:37 AM
RE: Buoyant are her golden wings - by Eleos - 05-06-2018, 05:45 PM
RE: Buoyant are her golden wings - by Zahra - 05-07-2018, 01:56 AM
RE: Buoyant are her golden wings - by Eleos - 05-08-2018, 01:07 PM
RE: Buoyant are her golden wings - by Zahra - 05-10-2018, 09:53 AM