This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
paint roses red
RP Wanted The Portal 
Zenobia
Currently championing:

I found it a little odd that the green eyed bloke with antlers seemed content to keep his gaze almost past me rather than focused upon me. Perhaps he found it to be more welcoming, less threatening as they were two large stallions and I a small, meek mare alone here in these strange lands. A small part of me appreciated the gesture while another part of me wanted to jump forwards and start a fight now just to show him that I wasn't just some small, meek mare here to be rescued. I was the first born child of the Wildfire and the Transcended, which unfortunately wouldn't mean much of anything here...but I assumed traveling through the portal didn't have any effect on how I knew to work my hooves and teeth. Inner self and physical self fought with each other in a battle of wills to keep myself from lashing out at the hopefully helpful stranger, Rixen, and it appeared that whichever half held more self control was winning as inky limbs remained embraced in the mists.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Zenobia. I am Rixen, and this is Roscorro." His voice distracted both "selves" bringing them back to a world of reality where you don't attack strangers just because they won't make eye contact with you, no matter how awkward of a situation may be. Didn't his mother ever teach him manners?! I allowed a warm smile to creep across my features as I nodded to each of them in turn, curiosity peaked once again as I wondered why the much larger one preferred the company of shadows over that of his friend (?) and myself. While peering at the shadows, trying to make out the giant stranger, Roscorro, I could almost feel the other's green eyes move across my frame before settling once again in what I assumed to be the distance...again. "It’s easy to lose your way if you are unfamiliar with the Rift's ins and outs. I’ve been here quite a while, and even I still manage to take the wrong turn from time to time." Rixen spoke again, followed by a chuckle that seemed to dance off of whatever surface it met until it took over the silence of the dark forest.

It was in this time that the monstrously large stallion decided to free himself from the grasp of the shadows, he moved slowly, carefully, as if afraid to startle something...afraid to startle me. Dark tipped ears flicked forward as electric blues took in the creature's odd frame. His front hooves and limbs were replaced by scaly trunks that resembled much larger ones of the dragons I had met in Helovia. Fangs and spikes protruded from his overly hairy body, I could see why the faint of heart could find this creature disturbing. But I had watched horses turn into full-on dragons, I had seen stranger hybrids emerge from these curious lands into Helovia when their merging first occurred. A smile graced my features as I wondered, and kept my wondering to myself, if his paws and scales were warm to the touch as the flesh of the tiny dragons who had been our companions in Helovia. "It does tend to throw a few surprises our way, does it not?" His deep voice reverberated, not quite dancing like the smaller, antlered stallion's had but still filling the clearing with warmth where before only mist and glowing lights had been.

"If you don’t mind my asking, where is it that you are headed As Roscorro mentioned, we might be able to point you in the right direction." Rixen's voice drug my attention away from his strange, yet still even stranger handsome friend. Blues settled on his tri-toned frame and a smile forced it's way across my inky lips again. Surely I would be sore later from all of this smiling, an interaction I hadn't allowed myself to have in quite some time. "I am not headed in any particular direction, Helovia was my home, and now I am in search of a new one." I shrugged, feathered wings ruffling with the movement. They didn't need to know I had traipsed into their homeland in hopes of finding my family just yet, who knows maybe they would inadvertently lead me right to them. My gaze flowed between the two of them before a light giggle slipped forward, "If you two have room to change your duo into a trio I would be more than happy to travel along with the both of you until I find a place to rest my head."

"Speech."

tag; @Rixen
ooc; --
words; -7-7-2

ZENOBIA
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
paint roses red - by Zenobia - 04-21-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: paint roses red - by Rixen - 04-21-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: paint roses red - by Roscorro - 04-21-2018, 09:29 PM
RE: paint roses red - by Zenobia - 04-21-2018, 10:43 PM
RE: paint roses red - by Rixen - 04-22-2018, 12:29 AM