This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
there's a devil inside of you
Private Halcyon Flats 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
She listened quietly, while Valkyrie mused about the information Kiada had given. Her head swiveled to glance at the pale mare easier, a small chuckle building up in her chest. After a moment, she realized how it sounded, but things in the Rift were strange and perhaps asking for a brother was something possible. She was so surprised by that, and humored by it, that she figured the hindrance comment was mostly made in jest. “Oh, I didn’t mean that you could get a brother from the Rift. It… Might be possible? I’ve never tried.” She offered Valkyrie with a small chuckle.

But then she spoke of alliances and Kiada’s ears flicked forward in curiosity. “I’m not sure I’m following.” She answered the winged mare honestly, shifting her weight to better look upon the smaller mare. Somehow, the dots weren’t connecting in the spotted girl’s mind, she didn’t understand the feeling Valkyrie bore toward men, she didn’t even know that she felt that way. Only that there were a few strange things the mare had done, but Kiada had passed it off easily by thinking it was just the fact Seiji couldn’t speak – she didn’t even recall the events beforehand where there were males present and Valkyrie had only addressed her out of them all.

So she waited, curiously, her tail shifting slightly over the mirrored sands and water, trying to put the puzzle pieces together in her mind while realizing that she had been missing a few key pieces all along. Hopefully Valkyrie would be willing to fill in the dots where needed.

"Talk."
Kiada
she had a wild, wandering soul
but when she loved, she loved with chaos
and that made all the difference.

image | coding

@Valkyrie <333 I'm so horrible, i'm sorry for the wait D:

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Valkyrie the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Caevoc
VALKYRIE
She stood in the storm

In truth, Valkyrie had no interest whatsoever in obtaining a male sort of sibling, a slave, however, one that would grovel and do her bidding was a far more gratifying concept. Nevertheless, her thoughts had moved on. Aside from a unanimous chuckle, the pastel-pelted girl offered little more insight as to the inner workings of that thought. The conversation moved along smoothly, comfortably, though it appeared her coloured companion had not altogether gathered the meaning of the next query.

Striking eyes narrowed as she calculated the clearest explanation.

“I mean…like friends, foes,” rosy lips began gently, dressed in a smile with the potential to soothe back any surge of hesitation for the topic—Valkyrie considered Kiada to be a friend, she was after all female. “Do groups exist here, rivals…” Such enlightenment would suit her enormously and she gazed enquiringly at the other who had, by then, swivelled part of herself to converse, it seemed, more closely.

It would be well to know whose cause attracted Kiada’s loyalty.

—but the young Shieldmaiden too was growing restless.

The long, bound, white tail draped through the shining water behind, twitched one way and then the other. The heart beating within her craved to move forward, away, on with whatever adventure she’d plunged into and become trapped within. Fidgeting ears swivelled as the other’s words dwindled into peaceful silence, but Valkyrie had no interest in revelling in quietude.

“I’m afraid I must move on,” she sighed softly when it seemed at last appropriate, intending to emanate a sense of regret before the other. “Thank you for your advice, Kiada. Should you ever need my service, please call for me. I'd be honoured...” How she might do that in such a vast, ridiculous world was an obstacle the other would need to deal with if the chance ever arose, mind you—though Valkyrie’s stark eyes did venture after the feathered form of the enslaved avian.

and when the wind did not blow her way,
she adjusted her sails.

img

@Kiada - would this thread count towards teaching/learning RF? With one more from Kiada, that should be 4 teaching ones
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
Despite not understanding the question fully, Valkyrie began to move on and explain what she meant. Friends and foes, rivals, things that might be worrisome for those that lived within the land. Curiously, Kiada lifted her head a bit, gazing at the sky for a brief moment before looking back down to her pale, winged friend. “More than likely.” She began, shrugging her shoulders slightly. “I haven’t met anyone with ill intent thus far, aside from the things that live in this world.” Her mind flashed back to the creatures in the Rainforest Cliffs that had chased her and Rixen down, ready to devour them where they stood. It sent a shiver down her spine.

Offering Valkyrie a small half smirk, she cleared her throat. “Best to be prepared, though.” She admitted, gesturing lightly to the armor glinting along her spine with a flick of her head. But soon enough Valkyrie was moving on, speaking again. Kiada bobbed her head to the pale woman and offered a warm smile as the woman offered her services. Briefly, Kiada wondered what the services were, but perhaps that was a story best set for another day. “Of course. Thank you.” She offered before turning toward Valkyrie and lowering her head slightly to emphasis the thank you. “If you ever need of me as well, you know where to find me.” She offered her before looking back to Khairi who crooned his own sentiment.

Then, whether Valkyrie chose to leave or remain, Kiada turned her attention back to the sky, wondering perhaps where that brother she had mentioned before had gone – if he was still in the Rift or if he managed to find a way out, and if so, if she was given a choice; would she choose to follow him?

"Talk."
Kiada
she had a wild, wandering soul
but when she loved, she loved with chaos
and that made all the difference.

image | coding

@Valkyrie <333 I’d say so yeah! Also thanks for the thread <333 IT WAS A BLAST!

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Valkyrie the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Caevoc
VALKYRIE
She stood in the storm

The strikingly coloured and by all other accounts intimidating looking vulture who murmured against the waning note of their voices, a sound that she felt lacked worth or sense, yet intrigued her further; his possession, the concept that he was beneath the control of his owner’s thought and desire, was a fascination she just couldn’t shake. Eyes, icy-blue and glittering with intent, traced the vision of her own slender, white curves beneath the tender clasp of those otherwise deadly looking talons and her mind revelled vainly in an imagined scenario of their coupled capacity. With a slave, Valkyrie presumed she would invulnerable.

Invincible if she could convince this stupid Rift to grant her magic…

“Thank you,” Valkyrie was mumbling all the while, forequarters already swivelling towards the bank of sand which wove away between the gleaming water—though she was grateful enough for the gesture, the bold, brazen Shieldmaiden doubted need of her own would arise.

Severing the stare and forcing the distraction of her future from thought, her eyes briefly grazed the horned face of the other female. The light smile her rosy lips had adopted for the moment appeared to miss their target; Kiada’s own pale blue gaze had driven a course towards the heavens. Unbothered, the paler of the two shrugged her slim shoulders and stepped from the other’s fond company, into a wind that seemed all at once to blow colder. Turning towards the west (though the horizon in every direction available appeared discouragingly identical), Valkyrie began to fit the new, mutated pieces of her plan into place.

Hopefully, she would find others soon to bolster her cause.

and when the wind did not blow her way,
she adjusted her sails.

img

I really enjoyed writing with you and Kiada <3 She is an amazing character!