This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
To Burn a Tail
Trial Siren's Summit 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
Drenchfloods, Thunderbolts, Hurricanes, Monsoons, Mudslides, Flashfloods, and the ever annoying mud were a constant threat within the season of Drench. Like with ever season within the unforgiving realm of the Rift the Drench came with its own list of disasters and terrors. And these were merely the weather and none of the medical dangers that arose with the constant wet of the world. It was difficult to find any dry shelter within the world. But necessary to avoid Rain rot or any other condition brought about by being constantly exposed to moister. One had to be sure to thoroughly dry out from ear to hoof. Or risk consequences later. That necessity became even more vital when dealing with open sores. The constant moister made it hard for things to heal and easy for infection to set in. As such the reclusive bay dun has retreated into the shelter of caves such as ultima to allow himself the time to properly heal. And escape the discomfort of constant wetness.

The burns upon his body, inflicted by Ricochet in their last fight were all but scars. Ugly things that were hardening upon his legs just above his hoofs, winging up the inner part of his legs in splotches and spotting his underbelly in a complex, twisted pattern. They were still bright and red, angry things that reflected the stallion's inner feeling towards the one who bestowed the injuries upon him. But that was another tale to be told. Fore today the like colored man was strolling among the young pines of the summit, enjoying the scent of fresh pine after a storm. The skies were temporarily calm. Thankfully. No rain fell and the sun even reared its absent head as it peeked through a gap in the clouds to warm his hide. All in all it was a pleasant day to be out.

A soft touch poked his shoulder. He resisted the urge to sigh as he ignored it. Another poke, then another. Still he did not look, even as someone began to whisper to him. He knew no one was there. It was the ghost that had haunted him ever since he asked the rift for more magic. The darn thing would not leave him alone until he completed his trials. One of them he knew he would never do. But how was he supposed to get someone to burn his tail off? He supposed he could ask Aurelia, assuming they could get the darn thing lit when he ran into her again. For now his tail was dry, having been protected from the worst of the moister by an overhang that Ruwin had taken shelter under.

Then again it was more likely that his tail would be dry than his chances of running into Aurelia. He certainly wasn't going to ask Magma-boy for any help in burning off his tail. he had enough scars to remember him by, thank you very much. Perhaps Vynter could be of some help? He build a fire of some sort and burn his tail. The lad would certainly be fascinated by it all. Especially if he knew of the what would come after completing the trials. He would have to bring the subject up to the boy when he saw him. He was easy enough to track down, anyways. The rocky mountain horse pondered the possibilities as he walked, passing closely by a young pine tree the stood next to his path.

"Talk."

You have three choices in Life:
Get up, give in,
Or give it all you've got!
image || coding

@Kyros. You're free to do a little PP when you accidently ignite Ru's tail on fire!

Ru's trial is to have someone burn his tail off. xD
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Kyros the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
Kyros
I am not the sun...
Rain; it seemed to rain every day in the Rift. He couldn't believe the whole world hadn't flooded yet. He shivered as he thought of how cold, wet, and lone he had been. He hated being alone, but he hated the horrible weather even more. He scowled as he stood in a small cave hiding from the seemingly never ending rain. After what felt like years it finally ceased. He stood for a little longer making damn sure it had quite.

When at least the sun peaked out he ventured from his shelter. He flapped his rapidly growing wings, riding them of any remaining moisture. With a heavy sigh the yearling strode forward. He had never been to this area before,but it was beautiful. He looked around curiously as he watched drops of water slip from branches and grass around him. Suddenly he was struck with an idea. He knew he could easily set flame to dry plant life, but would wet do just as good? He studied the ground around him quietly. The sound of hoof beats drew his ears up,but not his black eyes. Instead he focused harder on a young pine tree.

Seemingly without warning the tree caught ablaze. The colt moved back quickly watching in horror as he saw the fire leap from sapling to blue and grey tail. He gasped frozen in shock. How had the another gotten this close without him knowing?! "Oh fuck..." He whispered to himself as he watched the hairs singe away. He was frozen, never had he imagined his fire burning another creature. This would opened doors for him when he was older.

Suddenly it his him what was happening before him. He was burning another person for no reason! Working on instinct his wings flew open hitting battering other small trees and plants sending water flying toward the buckskin stallion. He prayed the trick would work and that it put out the flames, before they reached the man's flesh. "I am sorry sir!" His voice was awkwardly deep for someone his age. He stood bravely before the other waiting to face his punishment for being so foolish. Boldly he turned black eyes to meet the other's blue gaze.

--------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 372 I am soooo sorry I took so long! I promise to be faster next time! @Ruwin
{Image: GXaleou.png}{Image: 7fHJvV8.png} 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
The pine he was passing by exploded in flames. His heart leapt into his throat at the shock. Then he felt heat near his legs. Instinct kicked in. He bucked and kicked, trying to rid himself of the flames that now devoured his tail. He angled towards the lake, seeking the water as he broke into a mad dash. Water droplets fell onto his pelt, but it did little to quench the flame.

A splash sounded, followed by a sizzle as the fire was put out. Ruwin found himself standing belly deep in water, sides heaving from his breakneck run. He stood there, in stunned silence. Not that he was a very talkative creature to begin with. But what the heck happened. One moment he was contemplating how he would catch his tail on fire, the next a tree exploded and his tail was on fire. Had the rift decided to help him out? A voice, deep but young. He turned, metal wings spreading out to avoid the water's touch. They were massive, shining copper and bronze in the sunlight. They flexed, the metal feathers singing as they unfurled. They were impressive items, moving with their master's will like real wings. Mechanical spiders crawled upon his body, disturbed by the water, their frames catching the light as well.

He locked eyes with the young man. Then, slowly, a sound rose within his chest. It started as a low rumble, before growing into a deep rich laugh. "It seems your actions have made you an unwitting helper, young man." He chuckled, amused by the absurdity of it all. Luck had shone down upon him by landing a boy in his lap that would happen to set his tail on fire. Trail complete. Though he did not care to look back to see the burnt, mangled remains of his beautiful tail. The stench was enough to tell him that the sight would not be pretty. His laugh soon subsided, replaced by his normally stoic expression. "Magic, huh." He commented. There was no other explanation. It was either his abilities, or an enchanted item that had caused this. Either way, magic. He surveyed the other who stood before him. Facing him bravely. He did not have to make himself known, or apologize. It would seem he had found himself a brave, honest soul. Curious.

"Talk."

Get up, give in,
image || coding

@Kyros.

ooc: S'alright. <3 Life happens.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Kyros the Hopebringer
Kyros
I am not the sun...

He watched horror struck as the stallion bucked around before racing off. His splash of water did nothing to ease the flames. He burst through the brush chasing after the stallion. His heart raced faster than his legs as he sped after the other. With a massive splash and sinister sizzle the man landed in belly deep water. Kyros slid to a stop just in the nick of time. Gasping breaths shook his sides as he watched the other worry clear on his face. As he spoke giant metal wings extended from his sides staying clear of the water. His orbs widened in awe as the sun caught the cooper and bronze feathers. Black eyes watched the mechanical spiders scurry over his hide. 'Wow, he is really cool!' He thought quietly as he watched the stud.

Their eyes locked and he braced for a good tongue lashing. To his utter bewilderment the larger man laughed causing his ears to flick back in confusion. After a few moments he spoke and his words weren't any less confusing. He had helped him, but how? His ivy marked head tilted with an an spoken question. He couldn't imagine how burning the man had helped with anything. He peered around the stranger and swallowed hard when he noticed how damaged his tail was. Quickly he looked back at the man as soon as he laughter started to subside.

Is was like a switch had flipped. He went from laughing to straight faced, void of all emotion. The grullo tensed wondering if it finally set in what had happened. Instead he spoke simply, magic. He nodded, "Yes I have magic." He paused for a moment trying to gather his thoughts. "I didn't mean to light your tail on fire. I can light plants on fire and I wanted to see if it worked in this Gods forsaken rain." He hoped the other would understand it really had been an accident. He would never light another on fire for no reason. Hell he wasn't even sure his magic would have even worked with everything so wet! "My name is Kyros." Since he had the metal winged stallion on fire, the least he could do was offer up his name. The colt still had no idea what was going on here, but it didn't seem like he was going to get into trouble. He still felt guilty, but it was done now, and he didn't seem upset. Instead he shrugged it off and focused on the man taking committing him to memory.

Talk
Words;; 425 @Ruwin
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
The boy was perplexed. He had no idea what Ruwin was talking about. He was most definitely an unwitting helper. Ruwin was to amused by it all, and pleased to have one trial done and over with, to be mad. Yet the other still felt the need to explain himself. The poor guy must be worried he would turn on him, now that he had fallen silent. Ruwin nodded as the power was explained. Fascinated by the boy's abilities. There were so many different kinds of magic in the world. Ranging from obsolete to devastating. This one in particular was particularly destructive. As his tail could testify. "Watcher." Ruwin said, introducing himself with his given moniker. "You're experiment saved me the trouble of finding someone to aid me. I was given a trail by this world to have another light my tail on fire, which you unknowingly did."

He was a little late in offering an explanation as to why he had been so pleased to have his tail burned. Hopefully now the younger stallion would understand. Or he would think him crazy for speaking of tasks and trials given to him by the world. Not everyone knew of the trials. For Ruwin it was common knowledge, being a native of this world. But so few were in fact natives. Leaving him speaking of things most were unaware of. A creature in the know talking to those out of the loop. It was an odd sensation. Stepping out of the water, Ruwin lowered his wings once more. His spiders continued to skitter along his body, as excitable as ever. It would seem he would never escape being drenched this season.

"Talk."

Get up, give in,
image || coding

@Kyros.
Kyros the Hopebringer
Kyros
I am not the sun...

They stared at each other silently for a few long heart beats. It felt like years before the man finally spoke, his name. He thought it was odd, but he would never say anything about it. Manners had been drilled into his head just as the need to live had been. His ears pricked curiously as Watcher went on. Relief visibly washed through his body as he relaxed finally knowing he wasn't going to get in trouble. Laughter bubbled lightly from his dark lips as he realized why the stallion had done the same earlier. "How ironic!" He chuckled warmly his wings lifting away from his sides in time with his laugh.

Getting himself back under control he smiled brightly at the older man. "Well, I'm glad I could help, and that you didn't get hurt." He dipped his head respectfully. He knew about trials, and had started one, but his depression had halted his efforts. He had barely had the focus to make himself eat, or do anything else really. He shook the thoughts away as the blue marked man stepped from the waters. His metal wings lowered and the spiders kept crawling over his hide. He eyed them curiously. "Did you make those?" He turned his ebony gaze back to meet Watcher's crystal blue orbs. Still being young and largely untaught the colt was full of questions, some of which he knew would be rude to voice.

An idea burst into his head and he grinned brightly. "I am not the sun!" His voice was warm and rich as he spoke. he watched the stallion's face hoping he would enjoy his item as well. The metal falcon burst through the bushes behind them. It's golden body floated above him for a moment before landing at his hoofs. he grinned proudly at Watcher. "The Matron gave him to me." He looked down fondly at the gold creature. He knew it wasn't a living thing, not as he was anyway. It ran on magic instead of food and water. He looked back up at the stallion wondering if Watcher liked his falcon as much as he liked his spiders.
Talk
Words;; 359 @Ruwin
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
Soon the other relaxed as he too laughed at the irony of the moment. "As am I." Was his answer to the colt. He still refused to look at his tail.The threat of punishment no longer present, the younger boy allowed himself open up more. The older man knew what was coming. Questions. He would be expected to be sociable and pleasant. He was in a good mood, so why not indulge the boy? He offered a nod to the question of his spiders. "I did." His voice rumbled. He took a great deal of pride in his spiders. Though his face and tone did little to express this or the fondness he felt for them. They were his creations. In a way, they were pieces of him brought to life. So much so that he could even feel pain when connected to them. Should one be destroyed, he'd experience that pain of its death.

Then, the boy spoke a puzzling sentence. Of course he wasn't the sun. That was a rather absurd statement. He just stared at him, stoic as ever. Thankfully the magical bird appeared before any sort of smart remark could leave the elder's lips. Ruwin cocked his head, a brow raising as he curiously inspected the enchanted item. His nose lowered as he studied the magical bird closer. Kyros was clearly proud of his gift. As he should be. It was an impressive piece. Far better than his bottomless satchel he had been given, though it was a useful thing he had desired. "Impressive." He muttered. As he looked further the stallion's lips became more loose.

"Does it communicate with you in any way? Can you see through its eyes or does it act on its own, like a living bird? I assume the sentence you spoke earlier activates it. Does it carry any other abilities that you can call upon?" He was curious about the items special abilities. Such things had always intrigued the crafter. He created his own living machines, after all. Though this one was far more smooth and life-life than his own creations. Though the man had never cared to fret over the minor details. They did what they were built to do, and effectively. Ascetics were never a concern.

Remembering the colt's interest in his own machines, he called to them. Several descended from his body on thin, metallic threads. They lighted upon the ground and scurried towards Kyros. Some were small and delicate, while others were the size of bird-eating spiders. They scurried around the metal bird, some even waving their fore-legs as if to show off or warn the bird not to try anything. Each one acted on its own, only prompted by the thread of thought sent by their creator. They settled at the colt's feet for his inspection.

"Talk."

Get up, give in,
image || coding

@Kyros.
Neowulf
Currently championing: None

To keep it from auto-archiving on Sundays.
Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man?