This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Spurious Confessions of a Discontented Heart
Trial Mangrove Tidepools 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
He knew it. The Rift had a sick sense of humor. It took great pleasure in torturing any who asked it for help. Not only did it now pester him, quite literally with the ghost that haunted him now, but it was going to attempt to emotionally scar him. Jokes on you Rift, he was already scarred. But that didn't mean he was going to walk up to someone and confess his love to them. Not only was ne not the type, it was wrong. One shouldn't try and convince another that they loved them on a dare. It was cruel and dishonorable. Love was not something to throw around. Nor were words.

If he said something, he meant it. He wouldn't confess a love he did not feel. He'd much rather cut his own tongue out than do that. Or burn his tail off, as his other trial happened to be. He'd even get into another fight with that dark colored idiot slung magma around. Accuse him of being old fashioned, or a hopeless romantic. But Ruwin did not mess with love so frivolously. He had been raised in a world where love was not nurtured or taught. Yet he had seen it in the eyes of his mother and sister. He had felt it when he gazed upon them. For him it had become quite sacred, love. He would not trample all over it like this. Even if he believed he would never encounter such an emotion again, he wouldn't attempt to elicit that feeling from another to further his own power.

Stubborn, moralistic, call him what you may. He was not the type to care what you thought. Because in the end the only opinion about himself that mattered most was his own. That opinion was rather low at the moment as the pain of loss still bit at him. He was a sore loser. Having been taught by his father that a loss in battle was unacceptable. Any loss would have resulted in punishment. During the trials for his name such a loss would have meant death as he challenged his father.

Now, losing to the young and cocky magma-boy, struck a low blow. He didn't mope or complain to the world about it though. He used the anger of his loss and set it to work. That was how this all came about. How the rift sent him a ghost that would haunt his every move until he completed its trials. How he now decided he would not because he held his word as his highest treasure. For what did you truly have if not for your word? Let the pesky ghost continue to pester. He could handle its antics easy enough. In the mean time he would have request a new trial. Receive new challenges. He wished to grow stronger and gain power to challenge anyone else. A power that would also serve to fuel his wings and the engines attached to them. Flight like unto what his father achieved with these wings was within his grasp.

He walked among the tide pools. Careful not to step into any of them and disturb the little worlds below. As he did so the ghost would continue to poke at his shoulder or tug at his ear or tail, anything to try and get him to pay attention. But he ignored it. Only focusing on the form that suddenly appeared over the horizon.

"Talk."

You have three choices in Life:
Get up, give in,
Or give it all you've got!
image || coding

Ru is supposed to convince someone that he loves them. @Ricochet is the unsuspecting volunteer.
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Ricochet
Currently championing:

It had taken much longer than the stud preferred, but Ricochet was finally healed. On his right shoulder now lay a massive, gnarled scar; thick and ropy along the outer edges, a bulbous circle for its center. Infection and lack of care had left him ail for weeks, and if it hadn't been for the draconian stallion he likely would be dead. As much as he hated to admit it, he owed that damn horse his life. But he wouldn't ponder on that now, instead he would continue walking among the tidepools, in hopes of finding something to entertain his useless.

What he didn't expect was to find the man whose ass he had whooped to be standing there. Studying him for a moment, it was clear that he lad left an eternal mark on the man; but his scars were still cleaner than his. Maybe he knew enough about medicine to tend to himself before problems could occur. It didn't matter, what mattered is that they were both in the same god damn place again, and this meant Ricochet had full rights to gloating.

So with a sudden saunter in his step he made his approach, a smug smirk upon his dark maw as he did a simply once over of the fellow unicorn. When there seemed to be enough time for the man to recognize him, he finally took the time to speak,"Well look what the pussy drug in. How's the sun burn buddy ol' pal? Magma can do some wicked damage." He was such a smug bastard. He was going to hell and he would burn to a crisp there. Oh well, might as well fun in this life before he did. YOLO.

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

@Ruwin
Permission to do anything and whatever to Ricochet aside from maiming or killing. Tag in all posts.
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
Long ago he would have given into the ribbing. The gloating words that spewed from the black man may have lit a fire in his belly and convinced him to start a whole new fight to prove him wrong. But time had tempered his fire. He was no so easily ignited. Though there was a prickled of irritation at seeing and hearing the one who had trounced his ego, he held one note of satisfaction. He had not been brought to his knees before this arrogant juvenile.

Though he wore the tattoos of their fight, a reminder that he had lost. He had not fallen, and took a measure of pride in that. Not counting him collapsing from the exhaustion and pain later, that was a given for either side. Plus, judging by the gruesome way the other's shoulder had healed, he had fared far better on the recovery end. "I'll take lava over infection." He said. "She tends to be a far more wicked and sadistic mistress."

It was the first time he had spoken to the other. Honestly he probably should not have. He should have remained silent and left. But suddenly he felt the urge to speak. The ghost that had pestered him earlier took power as the rift entered his body, until Ruwin found himself moving towards Ricochet rather than away. He slowly circled the other, pausing at the end to eye his horn's handy-work. "I must say..." His smooth, rich voice flowed from his mouth like silk. "It adds a certain, ruggedness that was lacking before." Inwardly he recoiled at the words that left his lips. But he felt compelled to speak them. His body was not his own and he could hear the little ghost giggling in the back of his mind. He was is serious trouble.

His head cocked to one side, his light colored forelock falling in front of his left eye. "I failed to get your name." He inquired. "I truly sad mistake on my part." He was still fighting, still resisting the forces that propelled him forward. He had not lost entire control yet, holding back the flood of sweet words that wished to flow from his lips. No, there was no way he was going through with this! But he couldn't get his body to move away as he fought and kicked against the ghost.
"Talk."

Get up, give in,
image || coding

@Ricochet
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Ricochet
Currently championing:

He could see in his eyes for a minute and damn was it satisfying. That small glimmer of irritation surfacing before disappearing again. A cheesy grin displayed itself across the dark complexion of the brute, snickering mischievously as he stared the fucker down. His attempt at a jab did nothing to phase the molten unicorn, in fact he found it to be rather amusing. He snorted, looking at him casually and responding with an arrogant nonchalance,"Eh, I've always been a kinky bitch. You're nothing but a prude if you don't like things a little rough. I bet you're the kind of guy who needs wining and dining before getting into the sac. Don't forget the warm cloth for easy cleaning afterward."

He wasn't even angry, no, simply biding his time and enjoying a bit of banter with a man he couldn't help but have mild respect for. He was always down for a fight, and if someone could leave a mark then more power to him. The fact that he still managed to stand so tall after being marred so badly was rather admirable. But the man sure as fuck wouldn't hear that coming from his mouth.

He was waiting for some irritated grunt or grumble, a snide remark to help soothe his ego. Yet instead he was being approached by the man who seemed to be effortlessly roving his form. His eyes had landed on his handy work, and out of instinct Rico also looked down to inspect it. It wasn't the greatest looking thing, but it made for a great conversation piece with the ladies. When he looked up again he found the dun to be even closer, causing him to take a half step back in confusion. The words falling from his lips were entirely unlike something the brute would have expected of him.

"Uh, he began, looking rather dubious as he for once tried to form a response,"I guess yeah. Chicks seem to dig that kind of shit."

It was as if everything was in slow motion, watching this man turn from aloof and disinterested to almost... flirtatious? With a simple tilt of his head his forelock swept over his eye, his expression giving away something Ricochet still couldn't entirely comprehend. But he didn't shy away, because he wasn't a fucking pussy, and instead he stood firm and kept eye contact with him. When he asked his name he blinked, face almost serious now as he attempted to study the ulterior motive. He wouldn't question it, because what if this was all a mind game? But he would certainly keep his guard up.

"Ricochet. Most call me Rico though," he responded after a moment, still calmly looking at the man and trying to figure out just what was going to happen next.

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

@Ruwin
Permission to do anything and whatever to Ricochet aside from maiming or killing. Tag in all posts.
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
"Oh?" Ruwin said, sounding almost hurt. His head drawing back as he cocked it. "Oh my dear man. Have you misjudged me that much?" he was closer now, his lips a breath from the man's ear. "If you hadn't notice in our earlier meeting. I tend to cater to the, rougher side of things." He withdrew, a sultry smile upon his lips. Inside he was dying. Shriveling up and wishing his body would just disintegrate right then and there. But he was no longer in control. The ghost had full reign, and it gave no quarter. "I even go so far as to leave them with, parting gifts. Something to remember me by." His gaze once again dropped to the scar before he moved off to make another circle around the man.

"Unless that is not what they desire. Some tend to need a more, tender touch." His tail flicked, brushing the other's hind leg. "What of you then? Rough, or tender?" The man's body broke into a light chuckle at the comment Rico gave and he stopped at his other side. "I'm sure they do. I myself look upon the tattoos you have given me with a, measure of fondness." His gaze dropped to the burn scars on his belly and lower legs. 'Chaos, please kill me now!' Ru's soul screamed.

Ice blue eyes lifted to gaze at the other once more. "Rico." He said, letting the name roll fluidly off his tongue. And if he were speaking a forbidden, dirty word and was excited by it. "This world has called me Watcher. Though you, and only you, can call me Ru-" It took everything in the stallion's power to stop the ghost from uttering his true name. Take over his body and humiliate him, sure, he could deal with that. Tell some random guy he had fought his most precious secret, not going to happen.

He'd bite off his own tongue before he let this ghost utter that word. To the loner, a name was an intimate thing that should only be shared with those closest to you. And Rico was most certainly not one of them. The ghost played the abrupt halt off with an easy smile. "You have made a rather, special impression upon me, after all."
"Talk."

Get up, give in,
image || coding

@Ricochet