This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The cripple walks when the moon is shining
Trial Green Labyrinth 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

Find a Palubov tusk. I was supposed to find a Palubov tusk. I followed a row of bamboo deeper into the Labyrinth's depths. The last time I'd come here was quite a while ago. Something told me that this was the place I'd find what I was looking for. 

I was on alert. My silver-tipped ears swiveled back and forth, listening to the sounds of the forest. My green, akin to the vibrant color of the bamboo leaves, eyes were wide, scanning my surroundings as I walked on nimble thoroughbred limbs. You could see the alert, searching expression even in my step. But what was not visible to the naked eye was my mind, still cloudy even after I'd completed the first of my three tasks. 

The Green Labyrinth smelled of rain. It was a damp, earthy scent, because it was the rainy season. Young shoots of grass rose up, reaching for the blue sky, which was mostly covered by the overhanging branches belonging to a variety of larger trees. Still, they knew it was there, and the new life drank in the rain that fell without pause so that it might grow. Everything was calm; peaceful, even. Birds chirped softly to themselves above me, and occasionally, one would dart out of the leaves in front of me. 

Where would I possibly begin? I did not know where to find a Palubov, assuming it was some sort of creature, much less what one would look like. Some sort of animal with a tusk was what I was presumably searching for, and I definitely had not encountered a beast that matched this description thus far. For all I knew, I'd be searching forever. Thanks, Rift. What ever were you thinking?

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Tech here it is! Anyone is welcome to join in on the fun :D
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
A mist of silver swirled around the large figure as he moved through the forest. Intertwining with the smoke that wafted from his body. Dark a light mixing together in a swirling dance. The earth, full of the fresh scent of rain, had cooled considerably since the season of Scorch had passed. Moister hung in the air, condensing upon the bamboo leaves where they glittered in the light like tiny diamonds. The light song of birds flitted through the air, much like the forms of their creators as they went about their life.

With water still clinging to his hair and cloak, the lone roamer breathed deeply. He held his breath for several seconds, enjoying the clean scent of the forest. Washed anew by the rains that had tumbled through not long before. It left the soil dark and damp and the heavy weight of the tribrid left deep prints within it. Clawed feet and massive hooves made up the tracks of the loner as he wove his way deeper into the labyrinth. He seemed to find himself returning to this place, despite his unwillingness to face the Metus again. Its mysterious pathways and beauty called to him. In the light after a rain it held a tranquil air that left his soul feeling at peace. A rare delight within this chaotic world. If time could only pause so he could enjoy the moment longer.

As he walked a familiar scent began to mingle with that of rain and forest. A light smile touched his lips, growing when he rounded a corner to find a blue-tinted stallion. "Rixen!" Roscorro called as he approached. When he came closer he would reach out his nose in a gesture of greeting. "Are you out for a stroll on this beautiful day?" He looked about, wondering if anyone else was accompanying the pleasant fellow today. Seeing no one his bright gaze returned to the man. Aware of the fact that he may want to be alone the Clydesdale asked. "Do you mind if I join you?"

"Talk."

I may not be the most important person in your life.
I just hope when you hear my name,
You smile and say "That's my friend!"
image || coding

@Rixen
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
He paced. He had wondered from his normal home; searching always searching. He was hungry, so hungry. A primal growl rumbled in his muscular chest. He would eat soon. His hairless skin was dominantly a stunning lilac. The feathers that were raised on his back flashed a brilliant blazing orange. The same color seems to bleed down to his powerful primal stripped legs. His head and eyes are covered by a black exoskeleton, trademark to his proud breed.

He paused lifting his head scenting the air with his mouth slightly open to draw in the faintest trace of prey. A stale aroma drifted on the slight breeze. His head whipped around before racing off. Tucked up against the side of one of the towering walls lay a tusk. He fell upon his snarling softly in his aggregation mixed with glee. If he couldn't have flesh he would have to settle for this. He knew marrow could and would hold him over, but the hard part was cracking it open. He gnawed at the tusk testing it's strength. Satisfied he would be able to do the job he rose and pulled the tusk deeper into the shadows.

As his powerful body touched the grass the breeze shifted directions. Power muscles flexed with anticipation as his mouth watered. Horses. He could almost taste them already. His instincts screamed at him to chase them down, rip them apart, and devour them. He was not home, this was no place to try and sneak up on prey. No. No he would wait for them to come to him. His lip lifted in a silent patient snarl. Bright eyes flashed from under their protective screen at the though of flesh. The Harpax waited silently for his prey.
the Rift
life between worlds

@Rixen
» Presence of the Rift «

Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN

"Hello!" I responded, smiling at the dragon-like creature. I knew he was familiar. We’d met somewhere before. At the same time, though, I could not quite place his name. "Not at all, feel free to join me. Company is something you can never have enough of here in the Rift." I paused, making a last, fatal attempt to recount who it was that I was talking to. But it was no use, and so I was forced to cave in and ask. "If you don’t mind my asking, who are you again? And how do you know my name?" I tried to word my questions in the politest way possible, lest he be offended that I’d forgotten who he was. It troubled me to know that his identity was so close, yet so far away. His name was on the tip of my tongue, ready to be spoken, but for some reason I could not speak it. Was this the doing of the Rift? 

Despite not clearly remembering who he was, I saw no reason not to tell him why I was here, in the Green Labyrinth. What was the worst that could happen? Perhaps he’d help me, if he could see past my forgetfulness. It was very strange that all of a sudden I could not remember things, faces. I’d never been a forgetful creature, at least not that I knew of. "I wish I could say that." I smiled sadly in his direction, shaking my head. The Green Labyrinth was a beautiful place, and I’d love to spend hours admiring the intricately formed bamboo maze. Today was a nice day, too. The sun was shining, and its yellow beams filtered down through the treetops, casting everything in a warm glow. But that was not why I’d come to this place today. "I’m actually looking for a palubov tusk… The problem is, I’m not entirely sure what one looks like." I’d never seen a palubov before. Perhaps my companion could offer up some idea as to what one looked like or where such a beast might be found. The forest was quiet, save for the occasional singsong-y chirps of the birds. There was no obvious trace of any other animals wandering here aside from ourselves.

"Talk."

img

@Roscorro
ROSCORRO
"You are too right." He said with a smile, coming to stand beside the other man.He was not at all offended by the fact Rixen could not remember his name. Though it was rather funny to have someone not remember him entirely. He usually pretty unforgettable. He had never experienced the sensation of someone giving him a confused look, as if they were struggling to place where they had seen you before. It was new and somewhat exciting. No, he took no offense. Even though he did not know who he was Rixen was his same, friendly self. Inviting him to join him on his walk.

"I do not mind at all. I am Roscorro. We saw one another during the tasks given by the Matron." He said, giving an amused chuckle as he added. "Though we were not formally introduced until you came to see if I was okay, after falling from the sky." His head titled as Rixen moved on in their conversation. Speaking of how he was supposed to find a tusk of a creature he also never heard of before.

"I'm afraid I don't know what one looks like either." He admitted. "I'm not native to this world, so much of it is still new to me." Like snow, rain, and general weather. "Pardon me asking, but is this for a trial?" It made sense why the gent would be searching for a creature he did not know. Or else the tusk held some sort of medicinal or magical properties Rixen had learned of and wished to use.

"Talk."

image || coding

@Rixen
Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN

"It’s nice to meet you, Roscorro. Strangely, I do feel as though I’ve seen you somewhere before." I said somewhat awkwardly, knowing that something was not quite right but being unable to figure out exactly what it was. "The Matron…? You fell from the sky?" In a softer voice laced with puzzlement, I muttered under my breath, trying to register exactly who that was. A frown spread across my lips when no answer came to mind after my efforts. It was quite possibly the most frustrating feeling. When the frustration built up and I thought I might explode, the temporary cure was a deep breath. I wanted to shout, have a tantrum and beat my hooves against the earth like a child. Of course, that was against my better nature, and I did no such thing.

Roscorro seemed amused at my questions, though the reason why was unbeknownst to me. I certainly couldn’t remember any of those things happening before. Nevertheless, I continued to plot along through the bamboo beside the giant creature, surprised at how friendly he was considering his sharp teeth, spiked spine, and overall intimidating appearance. He did not seem threatening, and therefore I saw no reason not to accept his company. 

As it turned out, he was not from the Rift, or at least not this part, and he did not know what a palubov tusk looked like, either. How was I supposed to find one now? My hopes sunk, and I tried to decide what my next move should be. There was no harm in continuing to search for one, at least for a little while, while the weather was suitable. 

At Roscorro’s question, I smiled. I was glad he asked, because that was the one thing that I could remember. The one question in all of the Rift that I seemed to possess the answer to. "I believe so. The Rift sent me here, although I do not know why." I confessed, thoughtfulness trickling into my speech. A silence fell between us for several moments as we continued toward some unknown destination. All the while, my mind whirred, gears turning so loud that it was surprising their clanking didn’t fill the whole forest. Amidst the works, a distant voice that was perhaps another Riftian entity compelled me to shatter the quiet. This stranger can help you. We haven’t all day! At last, I blurted out, "You seem to be the benevoltent sort. Would you help me look?"

"Talk."

img

@Roscorro
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
He lay silently eyes open wide under his face shield watching. He curled his claws in impatient longing as the scent and sounds of equines flooded his senses. Their words made no sense to him. They chattered away like spring time birds; annoying. He stifled a growl as they strode closer. Muscles tensed in anticipation his claws flexing eagerly. He knew he would get his chance, if he could just wait. Instincts screamed for the cat like beast to stalk them, but intellect won over. They would hear or scent him long before you was in a position to pounce.

He was growing impatient as they slowly, so slowly, moved into range.His gaze fixed on the stripped male, seeming to pose less of a threat. Antlers were easy to avoid when you jumped on a creatures back or ass. Talons and fangs were much harder to dodge. Their smell intoxicated him. Tentatively he pulled his legs further under him hunkering down. Within one breath they were close enough.

With claws extended, jaws spread wide he exploded from the shadows. He was truly fearsome. With his sharpened claws flashing and hairless neon colored body. He was a hunter in his prime, ready to bring down his next meal. A feral sound burst from his open maw as he lunged at the stripped male aiming for his back.
the Rift
life between worlds

@Rixen @Roscorro
» Presence of the Rift «

ROSCORRO
"Yes I did, it was rather embarrassing really." He chuckled. He was an accepting horse and took no offense as Rixen seemed even more confused. But he was also surprisingly smart and began to piece things together as time went on. This was a trial, and the memory issue was probably a side effect of it. Like how he had lost his voice Rixen had lost his memory of him. Fascinating, and terrifying to know that the Rift had so much power. The idea that he could forget his loved ones was frightening. Rixen was handling it a lot better than him. Then again he would never know how he would truly handle a situation until he was facing it. He had always expected to panic and lose control when faced with serious danger. Yet a cold calmness always settled over him. The fear was still there, but it was a fuel that sharpened his senses instead of weakening him.

"I would be happy to offer my services. Perhaps the Rift will give us some guidance" He said with a nod and a smile. The Rift had its way of planting these trials in one's head. Surely it could tell Rixen was this tusk was. "Shall we?" He gestured for Rixen to take the lead. He was the master of this quest after all. He hadn't been walking long before something burst from the mist and bamboo. He reared with a shriek, a mash up of a horse and dragon's cry. The bestial mutation of noise often escaped his lips when furious or surprised. Otherwise he tended to have more control of how he sounded. But a massing creature lunging out of nowhere towards Rixen warranted his garbled sound.

Instinct took over and he was rushing forward to offer his assistance. His neck shot forward, fangs barred as he tried to grab ahold of the attacker and throw it aside. If Rixen hadn't already dislodged or managed to dodge the attack. If their assailant was either sent flying by his actions or Rixen's he would stand beside Rixen, head lowered, teeth bared. A low rumble vibrated within his chest as he growled. The presence in the back of his mind salivated, straining at its chains. It wanted to tear, rip, and shred. it want to kill. Roscorro did not. His snarl was a defensive measure as he looked as imposing as possible. Eyes flashing angrily. If he looked terrifying then he may be able to a void a real fight. Though he couldn't deny the anger within him that simmered at seeing someone try to hurt his friend. He brandished his horns, the his tail lashing as the mace on the end glinted in the light. The message was all too clear. Stay back!
"Talk."

image || coding

ooc: This took WAY to long. Rosco is mad, no one hurts his friends.
@Rixen
Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN

"How interesting. I cannot seem to recall it, but that is not to say that I do not believe you." I said to the dragon-stallion with a bob of my head, a glint in my emerald eye. Though I tried to think of when I’d encountered this Roscorro character before, nothing in particular came to mind. My thoughts were a big, empty void, and fishing for memories proved to be impossible. This seemed strange to me, but for some reason I was not panicked. When I couldn’t even remember the things that had happened to me or the horses I’d met in the first place, it was rather difficult to be upset about not remembering them. I was simply filled with an almost overwhelming feeling that there were things, faces, I did in fact know, despite not knowing them at present. 

At his gesture, I stepped in front of my comrade, hoof-falls assured even when I hardly knew where I was going. "I’m grateful to have a being so imposing as you to accompany me. After all, this may be a fool's errand." My response was cheerful, reflecting the good mood that had settled over me now that I did not have to search for the tusk alone. We plodded steadily through the bamboo, which carved a sort of path through the Green Labyrinth. I was glad to have bumped into Roscorro, for he was willing to accompany me in finding the tusk without much question. Despite his ...unusual appearance, he seemed friendly enough. Although I thought that his sharp fangs and great many fangs could probably be useful should we encounter any danger. 

It was just then that a beast flew from the shadows. "What in-" I could hardly get a look at the animal before it was upon me, aside from the flash of its large white fangs in the sunlight. Roscorro let out a loud, horrible shriek but there was little time for any sound to escape my own lips. With a grunt, my powerful hind legs kicked out, in an attempt to dislodge my attacker, who was nothing but a dark shape latched onto my back. I my peripheral vision I could see Roscorro lunging toward the animal, trying to pry it off with his own dragonlike fangs. Pain. It shot through me as the claws dug in, drawing blood. Sweat was quickly rising to the surface of my skin, felt alongside the throbbing of the fresh wound, a ringing shriek vibrating in my ears, and the thumping of my heart against my chest as I tried desperately to free myself. Whatever kind of creature it was, it was heavy, and it was difficult to fight back beneath its weight. 

"Talk."

img

@Roscorro No worries!
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Claws dug deep, hoping that Rixen’s attempts to shake the creature would end up futile. But what the creature hadn’t taken into consideration, was a secondary target. Roscorro lunging and aiming to bite down with his sharp teeth and fling him off. It took some work, but the Harpax wasn’t easily denied. A sharp hissing snarl left his lips as Roscorro connected, and blood began to seep out of his wounds. The Harpax was a large predator, but he was nothing compared to Roscorro and Rixen. Both would easily trample the male if given the chance.

The protective shield that covered his head and eyes did little to protect his back against Roscorro’s assault and the attempts from Rixen to remove him. But it worked. After a moment, the Harpax began to lose his grip, his claws springing free briefly before he slipped off. Blood dripped from his back as he glared at the equines, snarling and daring them to come closer. He could attempt to take one of them on, hoping to be successful in having two large meals.

But when the Harpax lifted his paw to step forward, the muscle began to give out on him. That’s when the fear began to set in, a tendon torn within his shoulder. A sharp shriek slipped from his lips under his protective shield, the feathers sprouting from the shoulders had a long gash in it, witnessed as they flared under the Harpax’s realization that he couldn’t win this fight. So he slunk back, trying to get away the best he could in the hopes the creatures wouldn’t pursue.

As the wings flared, something fell to the ground while the Harpax left. Something the creature had been hoping to hold onto to fill his hunger but left in his fear. There, surrounded by a surprising amount of blood, sat the Palubov tusk.
the Rift
life between worlds

@Rixen @Roscorro the Harpax has ran after the attack from Roscorro and being shook off by Rixen! He's left behind the Palubov tusk.
» Presence of the Rift «