This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
A Time To Relax
Open Siren's Summit 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
The rain had let up. A short reprieve from the normal, constant, storms of the Drench. As the clouds stepped back to take a breath before resuming their assault upon the world, a single horse found himself atop the summit. He lay in the grass beneath a pine, the wind attempting to toy with his damp mane. Ice blue eyes gazed out of the water of the lake. Still as glass save for the occasional ripple stirred by the wind. He lay, relaxed and pondering, his body resting from the rigorous travel and climb.

Hidden about him were mechanical spiders, acting as sentries for their master. The stood guard, creating a perimeter around Ruwin as he rested. Should another approach without warning, they would alert him. Protected by the sturdy bows of the pine it would be difficult for another to see him, let alone attack from the sky. He could rest, as secure as he'd ever be. Though that accounted for little in this land. Still, one had to take comfort where they could less they lose their minds. It was here that he found a bit of solace. Alone. Isolated atop the mountain with only the wind and machines for company.

He had spent much of his time wandering. Constantly moving from place to place with no home nor family to return to. And he was completely comfortable in solitude, he found himself pondering the pleasantries of actually having a place to return to. A place that not only wanted, but welcomed him. he was familiar with such a place. Warm memories of his mother and sister were still within his heart. But that time had come and gone. He was alone, having burned down his old life.

His gaze lifted to the heavens. Still, the sensation of genuine warmth would be nice. But would he actually accept a place into a new family? he was an old dog, could he really learn a new trick? the company would probably put him on edge. He let out a sigh, lowering his head and closing his eyes. He never liked crowds anyways. Too noisy, too nosy. He remained there, with eyes closed, savoring the silence as his own thoughts stilled.

talk talk talk talk
Watcher
Take me as I am, or don't.
Cause I don't give a dang, no.
That's who I am.

Open to anyone. @Vynter
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Vynter the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

His nose brushed along Ruwin's ear in a polite greeting. He had smelled him on the breeze during his approach to the summit; and with Leroy's help he immediately had pinpointed his location. The spider was making its way among its peers, greeting and tittering with them cheerfully. The boy paid it no mind, simply looking at Ruwin with his own eyes of icy blue. He had managed to make it through the rainstorm, and had arrived just as it had begun to disperse. His coat was soaked, wings pressed tightly to his back and his mane covering his left eye. He wasn't bothered, because in all honesty he needed the bath and he was content with being wet.

When he was certain the man was okay with his presence, he casually plopped himself down beside the brute, eyes looking between the thick pines silently to inspect the needles. He hadn't really planned on making it to the Summit today, but as he was walking he had seen something that had brought him in the right direction. Now he was here, wet and tired and in good company. Vynter had been craving that lately with his sister not being around as much. It was true that he really did wander, but even then his fiery sibling always found a way to keep up with him. They would spend their nights beneath the stars and awake in the morning to explore. She would always worry about him, but he never once worried that she might not find him.

It was in the passing days and weeks that he had for once begun to worry. He would often look into the sky to see if she was flying up there, looking for him as she always did. The first time he had returned to their spot with his wings fully repaired and working; she had been nowhere to be seen. Even as time went on, there was less and less of a trace of her. The boy was very aware of how loss worked; he had experienced it twice with his parents. Yet even then he hadn't been as attached to them; he didn't know what would happen if the one who had died was his sister.

These thoughts were  too grim for a child of his age, but it was the way of his world and entire existence. It was what he knew and understood, and he understood too that mothers did not always die after childbirth; and that fathers did not get decimated by an immortal being that sought to cause chaos. He knew that the beginning of his life was not the norm but even then it was something he had to face. So he did and then continued with his life like nothing had happened. Because even knowing that what he was, and what had happened wasn't normal; it didn't feel like it wasn't to him at all.

Vynter
My will is a sword that cuts down anything in my way

@Ruwin
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
They told him of the young lad's approach. So he was not at all surprised when Vynter appeared, brushing his nose against his ear in greeting. He turned his head to acknowledge him, but otherwise said nothing as his gaze slid from yearling to the lake once more. Words were not spoken. They were not needed. The amiable silence and comfort that was shared between the two was more than enough. At times one may feel the need to speak, to express a point or desire. But for the most part t hey could go about their entire time together without sharing a single word.

It was there way. It was enough. Two kindred spirits who much preferred the words of action that the spoken tongue. Though one girl had managed to coax more than a few from the lips of the older stallion. The follies of becoming older perhaps, he felt the need to lecture the young when they irritated him. Or that girl just had a way of rubbing him the wrong way. It mattered little. The past was the past. Learn from it and move on. Though not all memories could be brushed off or escaped so easily. This he knew.

He lay there next to Vynter. It had been sometime since he enjoyed being in the presence of another. His conversation with Rixen had happened long ago and the feisty mare Aurelia and her daughter had all but vanished. He didn't have friends. Just acquaintances he could stand being around. Though between Vynter and Rixen, he may very well come close to developing bonds of friendship. The storm clouds overhead rolled along as the storm shifted. It would not be long before the clouds opened once more and unleashed their torrent upon the world. Until then, he would enjoy the company of his little companion. The silence warm and pleasant. Far more so than it had been before the yearling had arrived.
talk talk talk talk
Watcher
Take me as I am, or don't.
Cause I don't give a dang, no.
That's who I am.

@Vynter
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D