This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The man on the mountain. [SWP]
Open The Pinnacle 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
Oh great, another riddle. The Watcher groaned inwardly. This guy must be real lonely up here. All this word play was making his head hurt. But somehow he had gotten the answer right. He had to have been lucky. Perhaps that luck would hold out for another riddle? He could feel a migraine forming in the back of his head. Though his face never revealed his frustration as he watched the giant before him. As the words to the riddle tumbled out into the air, something struck deep within him. The first few words made no sense to him, it was only the last that caused something inside him to ache.

I am what stories and dreams are made of.
And you might encounter me once in a lifetime,
Yet I am never perfect.

He had a nagging feeling that he knew the answer. But he could not quite grasp it as he struggled with the all too familiar pang that had started in his heart. Why had this riddle upset him so? There was a longing within his heart as the memory of his little sister flashed before his eyes. It was something she said that sounded familiar to what the Protector said. But what had it been. His ears flicked back as a new expression crossed his otherwise expressionless face. Thoughtful. She had been teasing him at first, before she had grown serious about what ever it was. He had been flustered by her jabs at him, before growing sad because he knew that she would never be able to find this thing that she spoke of. Because she was no more than a tool in the eyes of their father. A broken tool, but one that might serve a purpose. Then again, he was also a tool to his sire and would have likely never find this something. He never placed any hope in it anyways. But what was it? "It is something that most everyone desires, even as foals..." He muttered. "A feeling.... A connection..."

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
Place a name upon the night, one to set your heart alight
And to make the darkness bright
Paint the sky with stars.
Taivas listens with rapt attention to the last riddle, her ears perked forward waiting for the Protector to speak.  All of this focus and dedication gets her... nowhere.

The shaman never understood the intricacies of social emotion well enough to grasp the meaning of the words.  She stands, face a blank canvas, with eyes oddly mimicking small voids, as the words roll from beneath his mask with eloquence and an upbeat tempo.  The chords of her heart should have tugged and pulled.  The only thing she could think she desired so much as to weep was to see her family again.  Looking at the small, floating orb, she felt that family was not the answer he sought.

Surely, you encounter family in every blood relative born and every friendship forged.
Not once in a lifetime.

It is not until the muttering from behind her catches her attention that the healer begins to think more deeply and on the correct path.  It is something that most everyone desires, even as foals... A feeling.... A connection...

A... feeling?

Now, the painted girl may appear like a pretty image with an unbending expression and emotionless heart.  However, she has felt much, despite how little she's expressed.  Feelings.  She wonders what the feeling she harbors for her family would be called.  It happens just that fast.

The warm, bright, soft, chaotic, powerful, brilliant emotion floods her heart and causes her to release a breath she did not know had been trapped in her lungs.

"Love," she says, confident in her announcement after being reminded. 
""
Taivas
image credit
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
He listened and waited while they contemplated the answer to the riddle he had given them. After a few moments, his tendrils wavered slightly in their consistent movements so he could listen to the voice of Taivas as she raised her guess to him. There was a small moment of silence before he shook his great head. “While that is a beautiful answer, it’s not quite right. The answer I was searching for was a better world, however love can definitely fall into that.” He added in, his tendrils sweeping up to create a strange smile once again. “I’ll still give you half a point though for being almost right.” There was that rumbling laughter again as he swished his tendrils briefly.

Then, as silence fell again, he lowered his head to the equines. “And all these things have created a sentence. You are the hope for a better world.” He added in, that humorous rumble escaping him yet again. Then, he looked to those gathered, beaming and glowing. “Thank you for sharing time with me.” He added in, lifting his head as well as one giant claw-like paw as one of the creature’s orbs split and moved toward the Protector. As it approached, his tendrils snaked upward, touching the warm strange ball of light before it simply broke into multiple little balls and clung to a few of his tendrils while the others wavered toward the slit in the Pinnacle, disappearing into the brilliant glowing light that erupted from it. His attention slipped back to those gathered before him, gesturing with that same large paw. "Go spread more hope, this world needs it." He answered before standing to his full height and moving before the Pinnacle's opening.

“Talk.”
THE PINNACLE'S PROTECTOR

Not quite the right answer, but close enough for the Protector! ;) Either way, hope has been restored to the Pinnacle! Feel free to wrap up here and post to the continuation SWP!

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «

Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
Well, you can't get everything right all the time. Their answer was wrong, but the giant creature still gave them brownie points. A consolation prize? That did not sit well with the stallion. He had little love for trophies for simply showing up. But what ever the others had come here to do had been accomplished as the Protector took an orb. Watcher looked to Taivas and the other one that had come before turning away. Well that was weird.

He had little intention of joining them as they returned to where ever they were going. He hadn't meant to run into them in the first place. Thinking all of that was strange he plodded off, tail swishing as he went. The air seemed lighter around him. Did that have something to do with the blob of light bouncing beside him? He eyed it suspiciously. What ever this was all about, it certainly was having a major effect on this world. Perhaps he should follow this Pegasus back to where ever she came from? Maybe he would get a better idea as to what was happening to his home. He stopped and turned back to Taivas. "Who set you up to this?" He asked gruffly.

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

@Taivas
Feel free to say she led him back to where everyone is meeting. ^^
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
Place a name upon the night, one to set your heart alight
And to make the darkness bright
Paint the sky with stars.
The strange, curling smile of the Protector draws out a shy, meek expression from the shaman.  Even if their answer was wrong, the guardian accepted it with a joyous expression.  A better world they would build together, indeed.

The healer nods to him gratefully, even as the man laughs with an ethereal sounding boom.  Taivas was uncertain what sort of creature the Protector was, but he seemed jolly, even if a little lonely at times.  Taivas glanced around at the gathering before him, happy that so many had come to attempt to restore hope to the Pinnacle and the the Rift in general.

You are the hope for a better world, his voice booms along the edges of the mountains.  "Thank you," the painted girl answers genuinely to the man on the mountain.

As the hope split and danced around the Protector and the peak, a sense of accomplishment fills the girl's soul.  The command to go and spread more hope jolts her into action, and Taivas makes her way back down the peak.

Looking at plainly colored stallion as he addresses her, Taivas's face is like a blank canvas.  Her expression is dulled at best, but she answers his question with a soft, gentle voice.  "Kisamoa gave us the task, but the Matron, a guardian of Uwaritace, offered specific instructions."

"Otherwise, I am doing this of my own will."

And with that, the girl continued to plod down the mountain and head back toward the meeting place, whether or not Ruwin decided to follow.
""
Taivas
image credit