This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» The Great Families
Smitty
Currently championing:
Family Names
Hey all!

Since we now have the lovely "family" option in profiles, here is a thread to help keep them all straight!

Reply to this thread to either give/start a family name, or to be added to an existing line!

Families:
none, yet

if you don't know where to start,
go back to the beginning.
Chan
Currently championing:
Suggestion;

Templar (ie Erthë Templar, Van Templar, etc)
Valiance
Tyranus (wordplay on tyrant, after Riekahn)
Bellator (latin for warrior)

For the descendants of Riekahn in general and the offspring of Paladin the Valiant in particular.

I'd love to hear what others of the lineage think! @Själ @Ranjiri @Alvah @Roskuld Letha Murtagh... uh... who else is related to them? Ranjiri's new kids maybe?
charks
Currently championing: None

Player is absent until

What if we did a combo name? So foals got something from sire and something from mom and dad - say, as a really fast example, Zero would be like Zekle wildfire-zappyface, and Iso would be Isopia Sunshower-OfTheEarth (not a lot of thought going into this), making Mauna Wildfire-OfTheEarth?
Chan
Currently championing:
I really like that idea @charks ! :D
ChaoticMelodies
Currently championing:
I like that, charks. :3 It sounds like fun to combine the names. ;D and it helps with like... half siblings. Like maybe Gaucho x Soh babies would be fire crystals or something and then Gaucho x Ampere would be like fire sparks. So you'd see both sides of the lineage... I think that'd be awesome.

But I also think of family names as more of a "what makes a family memorable" type thing? Like... for the Riekahn line, I always think of Riekahn and tyranny. For the Gaucho line, I think fire... for Vol I think strength... idk, that's just me. xD

Chan, I personally like Templar best, but those are all awesome! :D <3
charks
Currently championing: None

Player is absent until

Yeah, Rayo, I totally get that - which is why in the offspring we kind of carry down the "stronger" lineage, if that makes sense. So in my example I gave Mauna the family names of Gaucho and Earthy, since maybe they're the stronger lines (SORRY AMPERE I LOVE YOU), and then Mauna could choose which to give his children, and so on. If that makes sense?
imi
Currently championing:
DeNuit — is d'Artagnan's family name that any of his family may choose to use :D (thanks to Sarah for suggesting he have one & helping) <33
Odd
Currently championing:
Gaucho's family name is Vorsa-Shoven which means fire marked

:)
ChaoticMelodies
Currently championing:
(07-14-2017, 12:22 AM)charks Wrote: Yeah, Rayo, I totally get that - which is why in the offspring we kind of carry down the "stronger" lineage, if that makes sense. So in my example I gave Mauna the family names of Gaucho and Earthy, since maybe they're the stronger lines (SORRY AMPERE I LOVE YOU), and then Mauna could choose which to give his children, and so on. If that makes sense?

Whoops, I think I misread the original post slightly. :x ignore me. I'm special.
Sarah
Currently championing:
please add Mesec to d'Artagnan's family line!

Alysanne & Iona's family line (as co-starters) will be Zosime

Anuya & Sidhra's family line will be Óadoh