This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
hello, alone
RP Wanted The Portal 
Persephone
Currently championing:
Persephone
From somewhere in the neon forest, a soft, shaky melody emerged.  It slipped quietly through the leaves, only just reverberating against the trunks. If one were to move too quickly, they would miss it; but if they stopped to listen, they might just be entranced. It was an old song, one that had been passed from generation to generation. Oddly enough, it was a song that had history here. If a local wandered by, they might recognize its haunting melody.

Persephone rather hoped that a local did not stop by. Her eyes had been closed all through the transition from Helovia to the Rift, her fear leading her to hum the old Estanzian melody that always brought her such comfort. It brought little now. She had returned to the one place she'd sworn never to go back to, and she'd had no choice in the matter. Seeing the Helovian gods fall had been bad. Watching those innocent lives snuffed out by Kaos had been worse. But knowing that she was back home (or close enough as made no difference) was terrifying. What if her magic returned? What if her father found out she was here? The darkness Kaos had brought to Helovia had been awful, but they had never seen armies of the dead. She wouldn't wish that on her worst enemy, and yet that's exactly what her father had envisioned. What she had been forced to create.

A shiver ran up her spine and decided to stay a while. As she shook, she realized that her companion had been oddly silent. Normally, Alecto was a happy creature with an optimistic nature. This new silence was odd and frightening. The sunset mare reached for the bond that tied them... and found nothing. Panic gripped her as her eyes snapped open, searching for and (thankfully) finding the small form that she sought. But there was something wrong. Alecto was crouched down, her tails lying limply beside her. Her eyes looked swollen and her nose runny, and she seemed to be having a hard time moving. Persephone carefully lay down beside the kitsune, fear and exhaustion in every ounce of her being. Lying down was stupid. She knew that. But she'd not leave Alecto to face the Rift alone.

Even if it meant she had to watch the kitsune die.

"Speech."

OOC ;; x
Lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

Magics:
{*]SAFE Magic: Light (P) | Coat pulses with light when a soul is born into the world; interval and intensity depends on proximity. Restrictions | Of no use in battle. Must have permission from a player to know about a specific birth.\n\nCompanion/s : \n{*}Companion: Kitsune | Mythical, common. Birth date: Mid Drench, 1172. Obtained 8-25-2016. \n\nSpecies change (if applicable) : n/a\n\nRequests:\nFor her magic, I know that it needs to change since it\'s passive.  I was wondering if I could use something like this to make it a healing magic:\n{*}Each time a soul is born, her coat pulses with light energy, which she can store and use later for healing.\n[*}She glows constantly now and is able to use the light for healing; she just happens to also pulse when a new soul is born.
I'd really like it to be healing somehow, and I'd really like to preserve the whole pulsing-when-a-soul-is-born thing, if possible!  I don't know if it is but -flails-
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
There's thunder rumbling somewhere, and the cloud-covered sky pulses with sickly green and bright, bloodied reds. The rain sluices down mercilessly.

It wasn't going to stop. Not anytime soon. Not until everything froze over and was covered in deep, deep drifts of snow.

The presence lingering the bones of the earth did not consider her a friend—it was, perhaps, vaguely aware that her hooves had touched its corrupted shell before, but she had left. It didn't matter how or why or when.

She was one of them. She was one of the many, many who would bring life back to these dying, agonized lands.
the Rift

[ TRANSFER NOTES: PERSEPHONE ]

Magic:
Healing: Stores the excess energy of nearby births as a light in her coat. The light can be used to heal.

Companion:
Alecto: Kitsune
Obtained: 25th August 2016
Birth Date: Mid-Scorch, 1172 (adjusted slightly!)
Kratos
Currently championing:

My heart's an artifice, a decoy soul
Who knew the emptiness could be so cold?
I've lost the parts of me that make me whole
I am the darkness, I'm a monster 

They were home, but they did not want to be.

For them, home was the fuel of nightmares, the very reason they had sought salvation in a foreign land in the first place. There had been peace there, a chance at another life, but just as quickly as they’d been thrust into Helovia, it seemed that they were hurled violently back to their birthplace. So many outsiders had filtered into the Rift, similar to how they had ventured into Helovia years ago to flee their corrupted Gods. Many had been slain in their last stand against Kaos’ madness, but none could rival his might, and those who remained had no choice but to step through the portal and pray to their dead Gods that they would be alright.

Kratos trailed closely along at Persephone’s side, cerulean eyes peeled and ears twisting with every sound that echoed through the trees. Her voice was soothing to the soul, the song hauntingly familiar, yet the tremor that her melody held was concerning. The Prince could not fault her, and while he had no words to offer her, he hoped that his presence alone would bring her comfort.

However, there seemed to be something deeper going on, something beyond the horrors of countless, meaningless deaths and the conundrum of being back here. The furry creature that followed the sunset mare with every step she took was dragging, concerningly so, and the Prince’s brows furrowed as the pair curled around one another on the ground. He knew little of the relationship formed by companion bonds, how they happened or why, but it was clear to see that they both meant the world to one another.

Stepping closer, he moved to stand behind her, lowering his head to press a velveteen muzzle into Persephone’s side. “… Is she alright?” He asked softly, eyes shifting from his childhood friend to the lethargic kitsune at her side. Although they were native to the Rift, that didn’t mean they were safe; no one was ever safe here under any circumstance. “We should keep moving, if she’s able. Does she need carried?”

"Talking talk here."

Code:
Here

Magics:
{*]SAFE - Magic: Dark | Able to transform into a melanistic jaguar that retains his coloring and markings ] \n:: [ Restrictions | Transformation is painful. ]\n{*}SAFE - Magic: Passive | The markings of his coat pulse at irregular intervals, representing when someone dies. The intensity of the glow represents his proximity to the soul.\n\nEnchanted items\n{*}SAFE - Item: Enchanted Cloak | Defensive. Dark mauve in color, decorated with black and dark purple roses at the front of it. Allows the wearer to move without a sound and the cloak is unable to be damaged. ]\n:: [ Restrictions | Offers minimal protection. ]\n{*}SAFE - Item: Lance | Offensive. Able to be controlled at will. ]\n\nRegular Items\n{*}:: [ Item: Jewlery | Two circular earrings piercing his right ear. ]\n{*}:: [ Item: Jewelry | Silver chains tangled around each of his horns. ]\n{*}:: [ Item: Jewelry | Silver chains tied around the base of the tail, dangle approximately 1/3 down the length of the tail. ]\n{*}:: [ Item: Jewelry | Silver bracelet that sits above his right front fetlock. ]\n\nRift-god / Kaos items\n{*}None\n\nAmulets : None\n\nCompanion/s : \n[*}None

Species change (if applicable) : None

Requests:

Since his passive magic needs to be changed, I’m not really sure how I’d like it to be changed. Maybe when somebody dies, he absorbs their last bit of energy unto himself, and it can be stored to attack/cause damage later on?

Note: He is a native Riftian!
Persephone
Currently championing:
Persephone
Truth be told, the sunset mare had forgotten that Kratos was with her. It had been so long since she had been accompanied by anyone for any length of time, and then they had been dragged through the Portal, Kratos nudging her along forcefully as she dug in her heels, terror overriding any sense of self-preservation she might have had. She had closed her eyes against the darkness that threatened to overwhelm and crush her, and had not opened them until she sensed Alecto - or, rather, the lack thereof. The possibility that the Portal would have spat the pair of unicorns out together had not crossed her mind. She had assumed that she would find herself alone. Again.

So when the dark stallion spoke softly, she jumped, her head whipping around to regard him with amber eyes wide as saucers. "O-oh," she squeaked, realizing who it was. Gods, he must think her quite the fool! Not only had she failed to notice him about, lost in her own worries, but then she had allowed him to scare her. It was Kratos, for crying out loud! He would not hurt her, and he did not deserve the look of horror that she had thrust upon him with her surprise. The mare looked down, allowing her lashes to cover the tears pooling in her eyes. In Helovia, she had grown comfortable. Her laughter had come easily there, her panicking less so. Back home in the Rift, there was nothing except her fear. How long would it be until he saw what a liability she would be and left her to her own devices?

Alecto nudged the mare softly, her nose over-wet. The kitsune tried very hard to offer a cheerful yip, but the distance in her eyes made Persephone's heart squeeze painfully. "I can carry her," she whispered, carefully nudging the fox-creature until Alecto was safely upon her back. Carefully, Persephone stood. It was a challenge to do so without displacing the young companion, but she did it. "I can't feel her," she commented at last, troubled gaze settling back on Kratos. "There's just - nothing." It was impossible to mistake the touch of panic lacing her words.

Whichever direction the young stallion chose, Persephone would follow. But where would they go? She had known little of the Rift beyond Estanzia, having been pulled through the original portal shortly after running away. It wasn't like her father had been, shall we say, understanding about a desire to leave. He'd all but chained her to him to keep her at home, relying on her fear of him to ensure her compliance with his wishes. Luckily, her fear of the future she'd have with him was worse. What if he was still alive, still looking for her?

"W-where are we going to go?" Given her druthers, she'd have chosen anywhere but here. Perhaps life would have been easier for them both - but particularly him - if he'd just left her in Helovia.

"Speech."

OOC ;; x
Image Credit
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Another child who abandoned its dying mother. A prodigal son returned.

But this matriarch offered anything but a warm embrace. Flashing lightning paint the black-cloud laden skies with eerie light. As it fades, only more ominous fluorescence fills in the shadows in its wake.

Welcome home.
the Rift

[ TRANSFER NOTES: KRATOS ]

Magic:
Transformation: Able to transform into a melanistic jaguar.
Knowledge: Coat markings pulse when someone dies; intensity represents his proximity.

Items:
Vanity: Cloak, dark mauve with black and dark purple roses. Allows the wearer to move without a sound and the cloak is unable to be damaged.
The Rift consumes the magic of your lance with a decisively vindictive snarl. *

*You may only choose 1 safe pass for items. Your additional SWP pass was used on your 2nd magic.
Kratos
Currently championing:

Her reaction is unexpected, but he remains silently as her side like a sentinel, ever ready to assist. His brows furrow with concern when he notices the tears brimming in her golden eyes, and though he wishes to help, he does not know how. What they had just gone through was like a nightmare realized and the images would surely haunt their minds for a long time to come.

As she begins to move, the Prince steps back to give the pair ample room. Should anything give chase to them or attack, it would be difficult to keep the fox (for that was what it was, right?) out of harm’s way and even more so atop Persephone’s back, but they would manage one way or another.

“Feel her?” He repeats with incertitude, not risking a glance back to the tiny creature as he begins to lead the way despite his curiosity. The mauve devil walks only a hair in front of her, just enough to offer his guidance as they carefully pick their way through the dense, dismal forest. Never does he stray far, allowing his presence to comfort her when his words would most certainly fail him in such an endeavor. Still, he tries, anything to help soothe the sunlit maiden’s mind, especially when it was painfully clear just how dearly she cared for the furry heap upon her back. “Can you communicate with her? I saw a few such bonds in Helovia, but I know nothing of them.”

With her next question, the Prince’s jaw grows taut. To be honest, he doesn’t even know where they are now; despite his roots, Jaeger had been firm on not allowing him to stray into many sectors of the Rift. His Shield had been to them all and seen nearly every creature beneath the Rift’s tainted, blackened canopy, or so he had said, and if they were truly as dangerous as he’d told him, they needed to get to familiar grounds as quickly as they were able. “First, we need to get out of this place,” he supplied lowly as cerulean eyes swept the area around them, ever alert, ever ready. “I have never been here. I would suggest we find familiar ground, and if we are able, locate some shelter and a healer for your friend.”

"Talking talk here."

Persephone
Currently championing:
Persephone
The sunset mare paused for a moment with the kitsune on her back, waiting for Alecto to settle. Unfortunately, it was bound to be a difficult journey for the fox-like creature. The widest place for her to perch was upon Persephone's haunches, but the unicorn's gait would make it hard for Alecto to balance even at a walk. The kitsune could attempt to balance on the mare's withers, but Persephone was rather dainty and there was little space for the fox there. After some thought, the poor thing carefully settled in the dip of the mare's back, her paws splayed to either side in an attempt to anchor herself in place. Persephone's lips trembled as she mentally reached out to comfort her companion, only to find an endless void where Alecto's conscience normally was.

Persephone was grateful for Kratos' question, when it came, for it distracted her from the prospect of a forever-silent bond. "Companions and their bonded share a mental connection," she explained to her old friend, falling into step with him. Kratos led the way, never too far ahead for conversation, but ensuring that she would not have to make any decisions regarding navigation. The sunset mare was eternally grateful to him; many of the feelings she had harbored for him as a child came rushing suddenly back, unbidden. It had been rare that she had felt that someone would take care of her in Helovia, so she had grown used to a certain level of solitude. The ease with which Kratos sought to calm her brought a solace and companionship that she hadn't known in years.

"In Helovia, I knew Alecto's mind as well as I knew my own. I could always see what she saw, hear what she heard, smell what she smelled." A small smile lit the unicorn's petite features. "It's odd, but those creatures destined to be companions to our kind - they are always born from eggs. I found hers, and raised her from the time she hatched. She learned speech much like one of our own young would, except she can only communicate mentally, and only with me. She was a great comfort to me during a difficult time; now she is very nearly an extension of myself. She's much more cheerful and friendly than I, though. I wish -" Her face fell. "I wish you'd have met her under normal circumstances. She loves to make new friends."

There was a brief silence after Persephone changed the subject, asking about their destination. Talking about her companion had somehow brought her back to solid ground, and Kratos' care for her well-being had calmed her racing heart. She was still uneasy and frightened, but it no longer had control of her. When the stallion suggested that they head for familiar ground and shelter, she nodded, hoping that he knew more of the Rift than she. If it was to Estanzia they were bound, she would find herself parting ways with her old friend far too soon.

"Speech."

OOC ;; x
Image Credit
Kratos
Currently championing:

He was silent as he listened tentatively to her answer, genuinely interested in the knowledge she beseeched to him. In Estanzia, he could recall seeing such bonds a handful of times, but as a colt, he’d paid little mind to them. After all, the Prince to an autocratic Kingdom whose people were on the verge of rampaging through the streets and had the murder of their monarchs on their minds had much, much bigger things on his mind.

But now, despite his solicitude for why they had been thrust back into the Rift after growing accustomed to Helovia, Kratos found he was still deeply interested to learn of what his childhood friend had been up to, what she would do now, and how he could help to ease her disquietude.

Something she says throws him for a loop, and in his utter confusion his next step is delayed. “From eggs?” He asks incredulously, a gentle chuckling escaping his lips as he casts his cerulean gaze to his sunset companion. The Rift was an outlandish place to call home, for sure, but to think that this little fox upon her back had come from an egg was a strange concept indeed. ”Bizarre.”

When next she speaks, though, Kratos’ own expression falters. He yearns to reach out to her, to get closer, but the Prince is a fickle creature and knows not how to properly show it, or if he even should. Drawing in a deep breath, he instead looks forward once more and instead speaks with the intent to soothe. “Well,” he begins, “I’m certain we can find help somewhere along the way, but we must stay vigilant – night is drawing near.” Of course, the Rift seemed to be tainted by perpetual darkness nearly everywhere, but that didn’t mean that the midnight hour did not exist. “And then, perhaps I can truly meet your Alecto.”

With that, the mauve stallion continued to lead the way, cutting through the dense vegetation to leave the portal far behind them. Where they would end up, he had no idea – he had no particular destination in mind – but anywhere would work, so long as it was far, far away from Estanzia.

"Talking talk here."