This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Like a river
RP Wanted The Portal 
Rowan
Currently championing:
I had somehow found myself in an even scarier place than the rainforest. My heart pounded, as I cautiously moved through the trees. I wasn't even entirely sure how it had happened. One moment I was following mama and Selene, and the next they were gone. In fact everything up to this point seemed hazy. My body shook and my eyes skittered around in confusion and fear. Where was I?

Mama and I had only just left our cave, and now... How can these things happen so fast?

Mama?! MAMA?!

Panic began to set in, my lessons of safety from mama getting thrown out the window, my limited experience getting the best of me. Tears streamed down my face as I raced through the dark wood. The dark movement of a shadow ahead caused me to come to a screeching halt. My poor young heart pounding so hard it was it was trying to escape my chest.

My breathing was heavy, and my body trembled as I tried to back away in a scrambled disorganized manner. I managed to get my legs under me and try to make my escape by jumping over a fallen log, but I don't clear it, and my knees catch causing me to come crashing down on the other side. It is at this point I give up. Sobs escape my maw, as I pull myself up against the back of the log I had so gracefully come crashing over. My legs fold beneath my small frame and my maw presses into the corrupted earth. I close my eyes, but the tears continue to stream down my face. I shook awaiting my fate, the pain, to be torn apart limb by limb. I just wanted mama. I could be imagining it, but I swore I heard a figure approaching. It was my end. I tried to remember the warmth of mother. The gentle steps of Selene as she traveled my back. Please, let me make it back to them. I'm not ready to go yet...

Notes;
[ Magic: SparkxWater (U) | Ability to summon webs of electrically charged frost that cause electrical burns on contact. ]
Restrictions: 5m radius, severe electrical burns.
talk talk talk talk

Rowan
Feels like we're on the edge right now
I wish that I could say I'm proud
I'm sorry that I let you down
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
you and atlas are one and the same, my dear

The sobs draw him from the shadows. His hulking frame trailing smoke in its wake. He moved towards the log, head low eyes full of concern. "Are you okay little?" He asks, his bulk hidden by the log as he peers over it. "Are you hurt anywhere?" His large face was full of tenderness and concern, though whether the yearling saw this past his monstrous physic may not be the case. Still he spoke in a soothing, tender tone. He had been within this land many times. So much so that he had begun to become used to the eyes that watched his every move. But a young one like this could easily become frightened, and so far from their mother.

"One so young should not be traveling out on their own. Are you lost?" He looked about him, hoping to spy his mother. Even if she came charging towards him in order to defend her child. At least he would know that someone was watching over this little stranger. As he spoke his piece of hope drifted down towards the yearling huddled up against the log. Its warmth and comfort filling the space between them. The giant beast watched, hoping that this light would help ease her fears. He knew that she would most likely panic again when she laid her eyes upon his terrifying figure, but that could not be helped. Hopefully, like children seemed to do, she would come to trust him quickly enough. Seeing past his vicious appearance to kind person that lay within.

"Talk."

cursed to hold a weight you can't bear and still standing
not because you can — but because you have to

img

@Rowan
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Rowan
Currently championing:
It wasn't my imagination. My eyes squeeze tighter as the sound comes closer and then suddenly stops. A small whimper escapes my maw as I prepare for the tearing of flesh and what I believe is my certain demise.

But it doesn't come. What comes instead is a deep gentle voice. "Are you okay little?"

I am rather surprised, and my eyes open to look on a rather terrifying face. I wonder, is it Kisamoa? He had destroyed mama's old home, but we had heard rumors of him being kind here in the rift... But like all gods, they could turn. Did Kisamoa play with his food? Was this all an act? But concerned lines were etched all over his huge monstrous face. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

For the moment my crying had been subdued, and silently I shook my head. In truth I hadn't checked. If I had I would have noticed the scraped knee's, but I had yet to even feel the pain. Despite his features, the creature spoke to me in kind soft tones. I felt inclined to trust him. But I was one to err on the side of caution.

"One so young should not be traveling out on their own. Are you lost?" The creature asks, and I spend a few moments wondering if I should grace him with my voice just yet. I decide not yet. I nod quietly, my eyes watching his every move, before slightly moving to watch the orb that had moved towards me. I recognized it. It was like the orb that the Watcher had given us. It's warm light exposed my tear stained face, but brought me some sense of peace. I watched it for a moment before looking to the behemoth once more.

Are you Kisamoa?

Notes; Lols. She thinks he's Kisamoa cause he's really big and a little scary x'D

talk talk talk talk
Rowan
ROSCORRO

Her crying subsided as she was momentarily distracted by his gruesome mug. She did not scramble to her feet or cry out in fear. perhaps she was simply frozen with terror and unable to attempt such things? He truly hoped not, she had been through quite enough without his ugly self bringing her more trouble. Still she managed a shake of her head in response to his question. He looked over her with a quick glance, just in case she was unaware of her injuries, or too frightened to admit to them. But other then some scraps that he could spy on his knees, she seemed fine. Good. She continued to stare at him with those wide eyes, and he offered a gentle smile, ever careful to keep his lips closed over his fangs. She still did not know what he was not here to eat her. Being a stranger she was no doubt weary about him as it was. Best not give her more reasons to think he was here to hurt her.

When she did finally speak he chuckled. A deep rumbling noise filled with pure warmth and amusement. "No, little dove, I am not Kisamoa. Though I have met him before. He gave me this floating light, actually." He nuzzled the piece of hope before it floated closer to the girl. "I think it likes you." Quietly the orb would begin to glow brighter before splitting in two, gifting the girl with her very own piece of hope, like unto her mother's. "And it has decided to give you a gift!"

He looked back down at her. "My name is Roscorro." Slowly he lowered his frame to the ground until he was kneeling in the dirt, his neck resting on the log as he continued to converse with the filly. He hoped that reducing his actual size and taking a less threatening position that she would feel more comfortable. "And I actually look after a filly that is a about the same age as you are."Little did he know that Gwyn was related to the young lass laying before him.

"Talk."

img

@Rowan

Rosco always find all the lost babies. xD She's too cute.
Rowan
Currently championing:
A chuckle rolls from the creature, my ears swerving to the side nervously, despite it's warm tones.
"No, little dove, I am not Kisamoa. Though I have met him before. He gave me this floating light, actually." My eyes look to the orb. So, Kisamoa was nice? I watch with wonder as he nudges the orb
"I think it likes you."
A nervous smile lifts my features as the warm orb comes closer, and so gently splits into two. The one closest to me ebbs closer, and I lift my muzzle to its warm light. A sense of hope fills me. Just as it's meant to.
"And it has decided to give you a gift!"
My nervous smile relaxes and I look at the behemoth and give him a true smile. I don't think he shall eat me. Then he slowly began his descent to the ground, whilst doing so giving me his name. Roscorro.
"And I actually look after a filly that is a about the same age as you are."
I was still pondering his name. Wondering how it felt to roll off the tongue.
My name is Rowan... I tell him, while much more at ease, I still do not fully trust him. It's in my nature. I wonder about the filly however. What is the filly's name? I ask, simple curiosity getting the better of me. And I suppose I think it's the polite thing to ask, after all. It is now that I feel the sting of my knee's and tenderly I stretch them in front of me, only grimacing slightly. I believe I will be safe with this Roscorro.
Do you happen to know where we are?

Notes; GWYN <3
talk talk talk talk
Rowan
ROSCORRO
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Rowan." He rumbled, his chin resting on the log. Ears perked forward he gave another smile, ears perked forward. She asked more questions. Good, that meant a bridge of trust could be built further. "Her name is Gwyn." He replied. "I found her lost in a forest not much different than this one."

His gaze looked around him without moving his head from its perch. "This place is called the Rift. The forest is known as the portal where people come from other worlds." He explained. "Did you come from another world Little Dove?" He was curious to know if she came from another place. "Did your mother come here with you?" He hoped that the Rift had not taken her and not her mother. The poor thing had been through a lot. He would hate to think that she was alone in this world. Tail flicking in the leaves, stirring them like the wind.

"Talk."

img

@Rowan
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Despite the sharp heat that covers the land this time of year, there’s a soothing cold embrace that stretches out to you. In it, you smell a scent faintly of cinnamon and vanilla as it seems to envelope you, reaching for something within you that it cannot touch. As it realizes that it cannot corrupt what is yours, it disperses as quickly as it came, leaving a cold hollow feeling in its wake that’s quickly covered up by the impenetrable heat of Scorch.
the Rift
simply explode

| ACCEPTANCE NOTES : Rowan |

Magic:
Offensive: Ability to summon webs of electrically charged frost that cause electrical burns on contact.
» Presence of the Rift «

Rowan
Currently championing:
Roscorro gave off a warmth that many didn't posses. A gentle giant. His voice rumbles as he tells me the name of the girl he found. The name, so familiar. It was probably a coincidence. "I have a sister named Gwyn too. Mama told me about her. And daddy. They disappeared. Mama still searches for them.

As he begins to speak of the portal my eyes looked at the surrounding area before looking at him again. No. I was born here. Mama isn't from here though. She's from... Hel... Helovia?
A soft sigh escaped my lips, and I wondered what kind of place mama had come from. She had told me stories of course, but I still struggled to imagine it. What was life without the scorching heat, and the terrible cold, and the eternal rain? What was a place without seeping corruption like? I just couldn't do it. I knew mama missed it though. She talked about the mountains blissfully, and you could see that it was all she wanted.

She's here... I don't know where though.. I don't remember how I got here.
But I know that she's here somewhere. Just... Not close.

It was then that I felt it, and I grew quite as a chill came over me. I wasn't sure what exactly was happening, just tat the heat was suddenly gone. And I was so cold. And a strange scent. My nostrils flare at the pleasant smell, warm in contrast to the cold, and my eyes search for the invisible cold presence that envelopes me. And just like that. The searching is gone and I am left in the heat. That... My eyes look at Roscorro questioning what just happened. N-Nevermind.. Could you help me find my mama? I think we should leave here.

talk talk talk talk

@Roscorro
Sorry this took so long dear!
Rowan
ROSCORRO

She perked up at the mention of Gwyn's name. At her words the stallion cocked his head, his chin jutting forward as it rested upon the log in a thoughtful manner. "What is your father's name?" he asked. He knew Gwyn's father's name, though not her mothers. If this girl was related to his little charge, then perhaps he could reunite her with her long lost mother and sister. Surely they were also worried sick about her, it sounded as if Rowan's mother was. It saddened him to think that he would lose his little friend, but he would be overjoyed to final reunite her with her true family.

His head returned to its normal position atop the log as Rowan told her story. "Gwyn is also from Helovia, as well as some of my other friends." he said. "It sounded like a neat place, though I am from another world." A world where he only knew dark, damp caves. Though like Rowan he had been told stories about the world above, though he had never been able to truly picture it until now. Now that he saw the sky, the grass, the trees. Everything. But it would never be like seeing the real thing. A part of him longed to fly through the skies of his homeland. But that was never meant to be. The Rift was his home now.

His massive head lifted as he felt a familiar presence, the same presence that always interfered with the new to the land. But Rowan had been born here. Did it effect its own residence the same way as well? Or did it afflict Rowan because it knew that she was not a true native to its soil? So much was still unknown about the rift presence, and the land in general. He truly wished it would converse with them. Fore then maybe they could understand it better. Understand what it needed and why it did what it did. But the presence remained ever silent as it came and went. Seeming to respond to the sudden chill Rosco's ball of hope leaped forward. It split in two as quickly as it appeared, sharing itself with the girl as it sought to wash her with warmth and hope.

"That was the rift." He explained, knowing what she had been referring to second ago. "It tends to mess with those who enter these woods. Changing their magic, or stealing it entirely. Someone I met even had his hooves changed so they let out this strange squeak every time he took a step." He chuckled at the memory. "Do you feel any different?" He asked on a serious note. "Did it change your magic, or you? If it did it can be undone."

He stood with a heavy sigh, wings shifting and shuffling. "Let us be off then." He replied when she asked to leave. "I know of a place where a lot of horses meet. We can start there and see if anyone has seen your mother and enlist their help if they haven't. The more eyes searching, the better." Before she stood, whenever, he reached down to her knees. A warmth radiated from him, spreading to her injures and absorbing them. "There, that should feel better to walk on." Weariness entered his bones upon healing her, but he did not let it show. When she was ready, he would lead the way to the fallen city.

"Talk."

img

@Rowan

Rowan has received a piece of hope!