This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
[SWP] we could be legends
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

My pace increased to a gallop as I wove between the trees, my heart racing as fast as my legs moved. I felt my whole body working; my leg muscles running warm, fresh air entered my lungs and blood flowed into all of my limbs. As I wove between the trees, I kept one eye on Kiada as to not lose sight of her and become separated. The other eye moved from the ground, watching for fallen branches or shrubs that might hinder my speed, and shifted to the trees ahead, to prevent me from crashing into anything and keep me on my hooves. The trees were packed tightly together, and it took additional effort to navigate between them while moving at a higher speed. For a good while, the mare kept a steady rhythm beside me as we fled. In addition to being able to see the blur of spots I could hear her hooves beating and her quickened breathing and her armor clanking as her legs moved. To where we might be headed, I didn’t know. But I knew we needed to get out of here. How were we going to give the Forest Walkers hope? Surely they would devour us before we could utter a word.

Then, Kiada's pace let up. Before I could ask what she was doing, the mare shouted out to me that she had an idea. She did not elaborate, but I knew that whatever she might be thinking was better than nothing at all. I didn't keep running, even though Kiada had told me to. Though still fearful of the Forest Walkers attacking us, I slowed too, turning back to join the mare as she created fire tornadoes with her magic and unleashed them onto the forest floor. I would not leave her to face them alone. Summoning my courage, I approached the burning wall of flame that she had build to separate us, nudging my orb of hope forward also. I did not see any Forest Walkers yet, but I sensed their presence in the trees. I called out into the forest. "We did not come to harm you! We want to help."

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
She did not hesitate, but one of the horses they chased suddenly seemed to. Why? Was there something up ahead, something blocking the way?

Their problem; she was a predator, they were her food, she was not concerned with what might prompt them to stop. She only wanted them to be in range, so she could send them into oblivion and rip open their skin. Triumph surged through her. The horses stopped, and turned.

Fools! Did they think to fight her, and her kin? They would be defenseless before they knew it.

Only—fire sprang up between the hunters and their prey, rotating, roaring, so utterly out of place that the Walkers all slowed. The columns spread to form a wall of sorts, and though it did not set the forest on fire, she didn't want to test if it would set her on fire.

Besides, the heat was loathsome against her thin skin, so with a guttural hiss the three of them hung back.

Most things they wanted to eat did not make fire. She thought it was pretty rude that these ones did.

“We’re here to spread Hope!” One of them yelled over the slow roar of the fire; she did not care. Angrily, she began to slink towards the edge of the firewall, to see if there was some easy way to get around, when the male yelled something along the same lines. Who cared about their intentions? The Walkers wanted to eat them, so that was how it'd be.

Until two blobs of light careened into the fire—and spun with the tornado's movement for a rotation or two, glowing brighter all the while. When they finally burst out of the spinning vortex they smacked into the males, before one of them bounced along, hitting the side of her head.

Confused, she cried out to her two now glowing brothers.

What the fuck?

She realized that she, too, was glowing, and that the glow of their tentacles was more warm and light than blue. And..that..she wasn't hungry anymore. She just felt content. And kind of confused, still. Dazed. She blinked, and watched the fire as it spun.

Her desire to feed on the horses was gone. Slowly, she turned, the two males falling in beside her again, and they disappeared into the forest's depths.

the Rift
life between worlds

The walkers gets hit by the orbs, and start glowing with hope!

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «

Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N

Something happened that I did not expect. The orbs floated forward. Slowly, at first. However, as they approached the fiery tornadoes, a magnetic force pulled them into the flames. A surprised spread expression across my features as I watched them spin in the orange blaze from my position on the other side of the burning wall. Without warning, our orbs flew forward, forcefully striking the strange forest creatures. I had only meant to offer my orb for them to take. I had not intended to throw the orb at them forcefully. But the little ball of light seemed to have other plans. 

When the orbs came into contact with the two forest walkers, their bodies began to glow with the light of hope. Then, one of the orbs ricocheted off of the side of one of the males and hit the female walker square in the head. For a moment, she was dazed. Then, upon realization of what had happened, an angry screech emitted from her maw.

What the fuck?  The sound was anything but natural. It made me wince.

Like an infection, the glow spread rapidly throughout her body. It crept down her head, along the length of her back, down her tentacles. It was a warm, bright light that radiated from the forest walkers. They fell back, as if they had completely forgotten about their intention to devour Kiada and me for their next meal. The forest walkers' focus shifted to the three swirling tornadoes and they stared at the inferno as if in a trance. An oddly satisfied trance. After a few moments of standing there, the now glowing forest walkers turned away. And just like that, they were gone, swallowed up by the rainforest shadows.

When they had disappeared fully, I turned to Kiada, wondering what her reaction to the events that had just taken place would be. Not even I was sure of the expression that remained on my face after the event. It was a mixture of astonishment and disbelief and satisfaction all at once. "Well, it seems that our work here is done." I said at last, relieved by the knowledge that we'd successfully delivered hope to the forest walkers without being eaten.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Explorer Kiada

K I A D A
A GIRL HOLDS A GUN. FEARLESS.

Her tornadoes churned and spun on an ever rotating wild of fury as she spotted the Forest Walkers through their orange blaze. Internally, shivered, while Khairi circled above to watch the event unfold. These creatures were horrifying and she wondered why she had even agreed to spread the hope to these beasts – she even began to question if it would work since these beasts seemed to be one of the darker parts of the Rift. Regardless, she watched, quiet aside from the crackling of flames as her and Rixen’s orbs floated slowly toward her wall of fire and were pulled into it.

Her ears wavered, flicking backward as her flames spun the orb and flung it into the Walkers. Surprise seeped into her chest, her icy eyes going wide as she surveyed what was surely going to get them killed. But as if her and Rixen’s luck with the Walkers were sent from the dead gods of before, they glowed and seemed disinterested. Not without that shrieking cry that had her ears pinned to her skull in an instant. She remained vigilant, watching as they began to glow and disperse, leaving them alone. Rixen’s attention switched to her and Kiada couldn’t contain the laugh that racked through her body.

After a few moments, she let her tornados die leaving small patches of scortched earth from beneath their points, before turning away from it as she removed her armor. The top half of her armor contracted into the small shoulder plate, and she activated her wing armor to shrink back into her spine, not without a bit of pain and blood that caused her withers to bleed slightly with the action – but she had gotten used to it. Khairi, then, landed on her spine as Kiada nodded to Rixen. “I guess so. Let’s go tell the Matron.” She offered him with a cheerful smile.

<3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)