This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
chemical kids & mechanical brides
Private Green Labyrinth 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
Kiada

He agreed with her idea that the two orbs might not have been enough, and it caused a strange stirring of emotion in her chest she couldn’t quite place. It was nice to be able to speak to someone so freely, without feeling judged because of what you said. The only other time she felt similarly was with Otem on the rare occasion she spoke to the Autumn hued girl. It was welcome, especially considering growing up in Helovia where she felt like she shouldn’t be asking questions for fear of sounding stupid. But she was a child then, and children were inexperienced and needed to learn, even if asking bad questions got you there. At least this way she didn’t feel chastised, and yet she found her friendship in Rixen growing even more from the idea that he could be someone she could rely on – like Erebos had been for much of the spotted mare’s life.

As Rixen continued his thoughts, considering whether or not there was more out beyond the black walls, she nodded with him. “I’m sure there is.” She began quietly, her head lifting up slightly to smile at him. “I remember similar walls before the East was available for us.” She paused thoughtfully. “Hopefully when we complete the task we can venture to the wall and see what changed, if anything.” The Harpy offered him with a brilliant smile.

But then the conversation shifted once more to her trials, and she laughed softly as he explained that a remedy existed so she wouldn’t burn her tongue off. She aimed to flash him a wink with her roguish grin until his next set of words caught her somewhat off guard. Her roguish grin turned into a genuine smile and she seemed stunned at his words for a brief moment, her ears wavering in the surprise she felt. Had anyone told her that they enjoyed talking to her? The only thought that came to mind was her brother – and since he was her brother, didn’t he have to enjoy it? Suddenly, she grinned to him. “I really enjoy talking to you too, Rixen.” She added, slightly softer than her original boost of her voice. Her eyes lingered on his for a brief moment before she looked forward again. “Perhaps I won’t burn my tongue off just so I can keep talking to you.” She turned and winked at him once again before continuing moving forward. You could feel the mist as it swelled around them and Khairi swooped from his previous location over the group to croon that he was there. His eyes were far better suited than hers were in the mist, and she thanked the vulture for keeping an eye out for them.

Khairi says there’s a small cave up there, perhaps we should rest there for a few moments.” Her head swiveled over toward Rixen to see what he’d say. They had been traveling for some time now, and perhaps it was good to take a break. “There’s a small stream nearby, we can drink so we don’t get dehydrated as well.” She added in, listening while the vulture mentioned what he could barely see from above.

"Talk."

img by Mar <3 || coding by Smitty <3

@Rixen MY HEART ;-; <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N

"You had walls similar to these in Helovia?" I never saw such strange barriers in my own homeland. They were another part of the Rift’s magic that I had yet to understand. Though it would have been reassuring if there were more obvious answers to so many of the mysteries I’d encountered, it did not take long for me to learn that was not the way of this strange world. All I could do was continue to scour the Rift for answers in hopes that one day something would come of my efforts. It was both frustrating and exhilarating, how in the dark I still was. By no means had I been here for a time that was sufficient to understand every aspect of the Rift. One could not possibly live here long enough. I lived each day one at a time, observing what I could and attempting to draw a conclusion from it. In all of this, of course, lay the bigger picture. Sharing my orb of hope with whoever I could, wherever I could, made me feel like I was doing my part. Even if the Rift was nowhere close to healing fully, there was solace to be found in the thought that as the light of hope touched each new region or being, the land was ever so slowly edging closer and closer to its former healthful state. 

As we walked side by side through the misty maze and the barrier crafted of Riftian magic came to mind, I wondered if perhaps spreading hope elsewhere in the Rift would have any effect on it. Or perhaps it was the reverse - what if there was a way to heal the wall and in doing so heal the Rift? Whatever the case might be, I sought answers, and there was no hesitation in my voice as upon volunteering to accompany the gilded mare. "In due time, I’d gladly accompany you there to find out if you’d like." Pausing with an effort-induced snort, I tossed my antlered head to move a thick piece of alabaster mane that had fallen over part of my face like a silken curtain. My vision clear, I scanned the straight line of bamboo that stretched before me to form solid green walls. Each stalk was so perfectly aligned with the next that the unnatural formation was undeniably the work of something or someone far superior to nature. Possibly even that of a god like the ones Kiada spoke of. 

By the way her smile widened when I expressed that I enjoyed talking to her, Kiada appeared both surprised and pleased by my words. Her expression lit up as brightly as the orange flames that danced along her spine in the grey mist. I didn’t know what response I’d expected to evoke. I’d simply intended to share my honest feelings, but something about the reaction I did receive made me feel warm inside. In the wake of my compliment, the girl did not reply immediately, instead taking a moment as she seemed to consider how to respond. 

Then, a more intense bout of happiness tugged at the corners of her lips. I blinked slowly as her blue gaze fell upon me, an uncontrollable reflection of my good mood washing across my features like an incoming tide. "I would not mind that for several reasons, and I suppose you wouldn’t, either, for an equal number of reasons." I returned her playful wink with a sort of lopsided half-grin and a mirthful chuckle, "In that case, it seems we are in agreement that it is in your best interest not to burn your tongue off." The youthful confidence in my voice was worn in a light raise of my brow above a quizzical, joyful eye.

It wasn’t long before Khairi swept down from where he had been flying above us and shortly thereafter Kiada informed me of a cave and stream that lay up ahead. "Admittedly, your offer is quite compelling. My legs would appreciate a rest, and I wouldn’t mind a drink, either..." I did not give a complete answer right away, as if more time was needed to ponder the idea; as if I didn’t want to leave the Labyrinth’s somehow tranquil gloom and the comfort of the bamboo stalks. Though I had arrived at an understanding of what beauty Kiada did find in this place, and would have liked to spend more time exploring the maze, my mind was made up nearly the instant she suggested that we head in the direction of the cave, and then the stream. To me, it sounded like a good idea. Though my mind wanted to keep moving, I knew my legs could use the rest. Besides, a break in our exploration of the Labyrinth could do me no harm. Nowadays, I was always on the move, travelling from one place to another across the expanse of the Rift with but an occasional period of downtime as compensation for the buildup of weariness constant movement caused. With a motion of my vine-covered antlers, I agreed to her suggestion at last. "I think I’ll take you up on it. After you." We'd been walking side by side, but as I spoke I shifted over slightly to allow Kiada to step ahead of me. The edges of my mouth curled slightly upward and my ears perked forward, bowing my head in a chivalrous manner that was both polite and comedic at the same time.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits

AWH <3 -also slaps self for writing unnecessarily long post-
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Explorer Kiada
Kiada

You had walls similar to these in Helovia?” He asked and she considered what she had said before shaking her head solemnly and offering him a gentle smile. “No, we didn’t. But when we came to the Rift we were only allowed to explore the South. So this place was unavailable to us until we released it by exploring when Kisamoa opened it up for us. If he hasn’t pushed the shadows back, I wonder if his power is too strained to do so hence the meaning of having us use the orbs to explore.” She offered him thoughtfully with a small grin before he offered his help once again to their plight. “Yes!” She exclaimed happily, smiling gently toward him in agreement.

But as the words he said before registered and she responded, she watched as his own smile reflected across his as though it washed away any of the darkness that the Labryinth’s swirling mists had dampered on them. Her heart shuddered slightly at the sight and she felt the need to look away as he teased her and winked to her, a small breathless laugh leaving her lips at his voice. His chuckle filled the void she had felt yawning in the months past and she returned her bashful gaze toward him with the same cheerful smile placed upon her lips. “I suppose we are. Hopefully it won’t be too terrible.” She offered with another small laugh.

Then, she was pleasantly surprised when he agreed to accompany her to the cave that Khairi had found. She noted as he moved aside to allow her to lead and she looked up to spot Khairi waiting patiently with a strange look on his face. “What?” She thought to him, he merely chuckled through their bond and took off toward the cave. “Nothing.” He responded to her and she shook her head slightly toward the bird before looking over at Rixen and grinning. “Let’s go, then.” She mentioned to him briefly, laughing quietly at his comedic bow, before taking the lead and dimming her flames slightly so they were small flickers of barely formed butterflies floating across her spine.

It didn’t take too long to reach the location Khairi had pointed out – it was a bit brighter here as well, not as close to the center of the Labyrinth where the mist was thick and almost tangible. Here, there were small amounts of sun that filtered through the green leaves and a small river cutting through the edge from the cave entrance. She paused near the river to lower her inky head to take a few sips of water while Khairi surveyed the entrance of the cave. When he was pleased that there were no dangerous creatures inside, he came back out and hopped on the ground beside Kiada, crooning a guttural call that didn’t pass through the bond, as though he wanted to speak only to himself with nobody understanding what it was.

After a few moments, Kiada looked toward Rixen and grinned mischievously before pressing her head into the back of Khairi and thrusting him into the water. He cawed loudly before barreling into the water, spouting curses at Kiada through the bond. “He’s not going to trust me anymore.” She offered to Rixen with a grin in between fits of giggling.

"Talk."

@Rixen I couldn't miss the opportunity to throw Khairi into the water ;) <3 have my unnecessarily long post as well !!!

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N

The heavy mist cleared away some as I followed Kiada deeper into the bamboo maze. At first everything had been so grey that I could hardly see a thing. But now the sun peeked in here or there, and our laughter echoing off the leafy walls wasn’t the only thing that brightened up the gloomy setting. Though everything had been bathed in silver, it wasn’t the kind that was dark anymore. It was a soft, ivory light shimmer, mixed with yellow overtones of the sun’s gentle rays. 

Before I saw the stream, I could hear the sounds. The murmur of the water could only just be heard, a backdrop to the crunching sounds of our hoofsteps and music of our voices. After a few more seconds, the trees peeled away to reveal the water that Khairi spoke of. The thick bamboo walls slowly transformed into clusters of limber, young bamboo stalks. Peering between the branches, I caught a glimpse of open space and the glimmer of water. As I stepping closer, my hooves followed in Kiada’s path, allowing the gilded mare to guide me closer to the stream’s edge.

When at last no trees obscured the view, I paused behind Kiada for a moment to take in the scenery that surrounded me. My emerald orbs widened subconsciously as I swung my head back and forth slowly, surveying. Even when everything appeared serence, the vagabond side of me was still on the lookout for any sign of danger. "So, this is it, huh?" As I made the remark, my voice sounded overly pleased, almost childishly so, without really meaning to. I mean, I wanted Kiada and Khairi to know that I thought the location was nice, but I would’ve liked to have been slightly less obvious about it. As I watched the flowing water, my eyes twinkled almost like reflections of the water in the faint sunlight. My brows quirked, that ridiculous half-smirk plastering itself across my maw. All of this was in an idiotic manner and I was powerless to control it. Oh well.

The stream passed through the Labyrinth wide, for a stream that was, and opaque. The water was a grey-blue color, darker in the shadows and more pale in the light, but still that kind of pretty grey-blue that was clear enough to see the pebbles beneath the gently babbling current. It wound through the Labyrinth disappearing in either direction, welcoming stray flora that came its way and carrying it by the place we stood. It was part of this place, integral to life, yet also a thing unto itself - a slice of mellow harmony amid the limber bamboo trees. It flowed like time, always onward, always toward its destiny.

Kiada stepped forward, to the edge, and lowered her head to drink. Maintaining a small distance between us, my tiger-striped frame followed, drifting to the water's edge. I stepped closer, my hooves stopping just before the soil gave way to the lapping waters. Letting myself relax a little, a gentle snort escaping my nostrils before I craning my neck and sipped the cold, liquid surface. 

I raising my head again, just in time to catch a glimpse of Khairi standing on the bank and Kiada casting a look in my direction that signalled she was up to no good. Then she proceed to give the bird a push, not too forcefully, but just enough to send him into the water in a flurry of feathers and vocal protest, accompanied by a loud splash. Though I tried not to show my amusement, obvious hints of it were carried in my voice, "I wouldn’t trust you anymore, either." I couldn’t help but chuckle softly alongside the black-and-gold mare. 

With a smile manifesting across my features, I stepped into the water, which wasn't too deep, slowly wading toward the bird. The the sudden shock of cold rising around my knees made my muscles tense. As the bottom of the stream was rocky, each hoof was carefully placed, my movements more graceful than expected despite the slippery terrain and the current tugging at my legs. It was only a few steps before I could reach out over the water and attempted to gently nudge Khairi back in the direction of the bank. "It's cold, but not bad. You coming in?" I looked up expectantly at Kiada from where I stood before her in the water. 

"Talk."

LOL poor Khairi xD
Explorer Kiada
Kiada

Kiada had a bit of a rebellious soul, her mind and heart working in tandem to try and create the best opportunities she could think of – yet somehow in all her past they ended up working against her. Up until recently, with her attempts at fixing the Rift working and meeting new people, she felt as though with the shakeup Kisamoa had caused by bringing the Helovian’s here, it was one of the best things that could have happened to her. Her and her ideas felt unwelcome to the status quo of Helovian culture, and as much as she loved the place she was born, she knew she’d never fit in. And even so, here in the Rift she felt as though she had some issues adapting, until she shared ideas with Otem and created a friendship with Rixen.

He made her feel as though her ideas weren’t stupid, that she could talk about something that interested her for hours and he’d never get bored – likewise, his interests and ideas were something she felt as though she could listen to forever as well, even when he apologized for talking so much. His rich voice paired with his optimism was something Kiada could never get bored of. So when he agreed with Khairi, the bird cooing angrily that he did in fact, not trust Kiada anymore, she offered another small giggle with a shake of her head.

But then, to much of her surprise, the man stepped into the water. She watched him carefully, her eyes calculating and wide, but warm beneath their icy hues, as he gracefully stepped in and pushed Khairi toward the bank. Then, with his attention to her, she felt almost bare in front of him as he asked if she would join him as well. The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to, her limbs sore and warm from their constant excursions, and she nodded to him quietly before reaching her head out and lipping Khairi by the wing and pulling him to the shore. She offered him a snort of warm air before looking back toward Rixen, noticing the way the light seemed to dapple his cold hued pelt.

She offered him a gentle smile before removing her shoulder plate and the face plate she carried often around her neck, the only armor left on her were the rose gold spines that jutted out from her skin just above her own biological spine. Then, as she relinquished her flames and stepped into the water, she first felt the soothing chill as it ran down her body from her inky legs as they were battered by the cold. A shiver ran down her spine and she flicked her charcoal tail out of habit before stepping further in. The water rushed up, washing away the glowing teal goo that seeped from her chest marking as she waded further in and looked back toward Rixen with a smirk and her teeth clattering for a few moments as she addressed him. “It’s cold, huh?” She offered with a laugh. “I’m not sure cold is a good enough description.” She laughed once again, shaking her head, but feeling it become more comfortable the longer she got used to it.

Kiada moved slightly closer toward Rixen, though, lowering her head so her neck and face were doused in the cold water, and when she lifted her head again the white parts of her face had darkened into a cream and the black seemed as though it were liquid starlight as the droplets glistened in the light. She looked over toward Rixen with a bright and content gaze. “I don’t remember the last time I actually enjoyed something.” She said to him quietly, a bit personally. It was true, she felt as though she was constantly on the move, unable to simply enjoy little things here and there such as a little swim or enjoyment in taunting Khairi. The bird, meanwhile, splayed himself in a little patch of sun, grooming his feathers and sunning them in the warmth.

"Talk."

@Rixen ;__________; <333

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N
Kiada did not step in right away. I did not say anything more to convince her, though I hoped she’d join me. She seemed thoughtful, though not necessarily hesitant, contemplating my offer for a little longer than I would have expected. Certainly not everyone liked water. Perhaps Kiada fell into that category. Then again, it could be something else. All the while I awaited her company patiently and with a kind sort of expression: a subtle, but warm smile, ears perked forward, head lowered slightly in invitation. My emerald gaze switched from the gilded mare’s face to the gently flowing water beneath me to the brilliant green backdrop provided by the bamboo. Sunlight was still able to filter between the tightly-packed stalks, creating a soft glow that made the whole place brighter, and in turn, my mood. 

Yes, I generally appeared to be happy and in good spirits. But no one could attain that level of constant happiness; such a thing was illusive, no matter how possible it seemed. Life was never about constant happiness though. That was what made living interesting. Over the course of my travels, I’d accepted that living was about the ups and downs. It astounded me with a sudden feeling of wonder and astonishment at times, or struck me nefariously, without a warning. Sometimes living was a blend of bliss and felicity and at other times it was outrageously wicked. It let me experience mirth at the fullest, then left me despondent and in a state of melancholy. Yet here I was, waiting to enshroud life’s deepest mysteries, knowing not the perils it withheld.

No matter how I felt, I treated others with the same kindness and heightened level of thought put into my words and actions. Contrary to what one might be led to believe, however, doing so was not always reflective of how I felt on the inside. Happiness was a complex thing: sometimes, it was as simple as a wide smile on my features. Other times it was so much more than that. I knew the feeling well. It often started as a tingle of my grullo-blue coat, much like the feeling you’d get when anxious, but instead of worrisome, it's… warm. It would pass through me like a warm ocean wave, washing away my troubles to leave me refreshed inside. As the wave faded I’d savor the memory of its gentle touch....

I returned Kiada’s smile with another of my own, watching as she removed her rose-gold armor, setting each piece gently on the bank. She did not have to reply a ‘yes’ or a ‘no.’ I already knew the answer. "Perhaps not." I agreed with a soft chuckle when at last she stood in the water beside me. "The water’s nice when you get used to it, though. Then refreshing might be a better word.

The gilded mare’s warm hues of her body contrasting brightly with the blue shallows, curved horn projecting from her forehead glimmering, damp forelock sticking to the side of her face where droplets of water clung, sparkling like diamonds. Her charcoal-colored limbs soaked through until they gave way to golden buckskin. Where the wetness touched it, her coat clung to her frame, accentuating each delicately-carved feature. She was radiant, and the water having soaked through her coat here or there simply made her colors richer. Her entire being shone, a brand of fire in the sunlight. 

"What about now?" I asked gently, genuinely curious to know what she was feeling. My eyes searched for a sign of reassurance. With its warm embrace cradling me, I refused to let my own lightheartedness go. Everywhere and all at once was the inevitable pleasure that came with wading in the cold stream on a sunny day. The world around me seemed to spin a million times faster, like everything around me was set in motion. Everything was alive. This was a place where anything and everything seemed possible (the Rift was so far, far away from that). With all of this, there was something else- another feeling was also brimming in my chest, nearly spilling out of me along with my good mood, something I couldn't quite make out. 

"Talk."

@Kiada <3
Explorer Kiada
Kiada

She wasn’t really sure what she was doing, and why she was feeling so bashful around him all of a sudden, but she knew that if her cheeks could heat with the color of blush that they would’ve been stark red. Thankfully, the girl had a dark face and there was nothing really noticeably different other than her quiet fidgeting. She hoped that Rixen didn’t notice her little twitches as she began to get used to the water, feeling the coolness of it while it relaxed her sore and hot muscles. Her bronze pelt turned into a coppery shade, her face a dark almost navy blue, and the white on her rump seemed to shine in an opal hue as the wind brushed the leaves of the bamboo above them.

The gold from the sun that managed to cascade through the darkness of the Labyrinth was refreshing, and pleasantly warm despite the chill in the water, and she glanced over to Rixen to spot his own hues darkened beneath the water. His pale ivory coat seemed a bit creamier, those diamond shapes on his face were stark against the paleness surrounding them, and she spotted the barring in that dark tealish hue turning a darker blue. “What about now?” He asked, and she almost forgot what she had been saying as she gazed upon the stallion who seemed nearly chiseled out of marble. His features were sharp but his smile was kind and gentle.

She offered him a brilliant grin, swishing her tail slightly in the water despite the tension of it making it a slow movement. “It’s better.” She offered quietly. “It makes the sun this time of year nearly bearable.” The grin that crossed her features was bright as a small laugh escaped her lips, her tar-coated heart feeling lighter than it had the entire time she had been in the Rift. There were the feeling of light-ness, bubbling and billowing in her stomach, and Kiada found herself having to look away for a few moments, back to the mouth of the cave that she was sure they’d spend the night. “After this, we should get some rest and we can continue in the morning. What do you think?” She questioned him, returning her gaze and tilting her head to him, her ivory forelock falling over her ebony face as it stuck to part of her crescent shaped horn.

There was something pleasant and exciting about spending as much time with him as she could, but she couldn’t quite place it.

"Talk."

@Rixen <33 it's not great, I apologize D:

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N
Despite the icy coldness of the flowing water around my knees, everything somehow felt warm. The sun was now poking through the leafy canopy above us, and I could feel its gentle rays caressing my striped back. But the physical warmth on my skin was not the only warmth I felt. For it ran even deeper, beneath my flesh, seeping into my bones and radiating throughout my entire being. Although I couldn’t pinpoint what the cause was, there was no real need to do so. Such a feeling could probably be attributed to a combination of things, and for once my time was better spent accepting the way things were rather than questioning every facet. Like Kiada said, though, a long time had passed since she or even I had genuinely enjoyed myself in the way that I was now. 

It was my belief that happiness could be found in most things, if one searched hard enough. The feeling came to me here, standing in the stream, the sunshine showering down to warm my dampened body. I invited happiness in like the first rains, cool and fresh, after a long and parching drought. Because I was genuinely glad to be standing with her, enjoying the moment together, being present for that gift that was living and allowing it to intensify. This forest was so far from the home I'd left, but right now that was no matter; this moment was our own and right now, in this flash of the time continuum, I felt at home.

"The coldness certainly does." I agreed with Kiada, shivering upon thinking of the water’s frigid temperatures. It probably came down from the mountains, where there was snow in the colder months. Then, when the snow did melt, it rushed down the side of the mountains and into the valleys, awakening the dormant land and shocking it to life again in icy waves. "We all deserve some peace every now and then for all of our troubles." Lowering my antlered head toward the current, I stopped just before my chin broke the translucent surface. My emerald gaze followed and analyzed the way the stream flowed around us, gently tugging my ivory mane downstream like a playful child, babbling gleefully and beckoning me to splash in its depths. 

A soft breath emitted from my lungs like a slight spring breeze, soft and gentle, almost lost against the drone of the stream. "I like the beautiful shapes and configurations that the water makes. It is never the same twice." My words were slow, as if my brain needed that time to process each and every undulation at my knees. As were countless aspects of the Rift, the stream was free and wild and fascinating. Though ordinary in appearance, there was a mysterious feel to it. Peaceful, quiet but powerful and unforgiving, surrounding us was visible proof that we couldn't know everything about the world, even if that was what we were sometimes made to believe.

A smile crept and the air grew thick with a tenderness that couldn’t help but make me breathe slower, deeper, happier. "I see no reason to decline a rare opportunity to rest." I nodded to Kiada in agreement before turning my head to see if the cave she spoke of was anywhere in sight. All the while I became increasingly aware of my heart beating erratically in my chest. Was it a shiver from the icy droplets or- was my skin tingling when her gaze touched me through a curtain of pale hair? Feeling her blue eyes still on me, I silently inhaled and exhaled, hoping that her thoughts about me were at least good ones.

"Talk."

@Kiada no worries <3
Explorer Kiada
Kiada

There it was, the voice that illuminated her – breaking out of the darkness she endured when left too long to her own thoughts. The cold water melded around her, flowing with a grace and warmth of the suns heat that also helped to chase away those negative thoughts as she turned her head to the antlered man beside her. “We all deserve some peace every now and then for all of our troubles.” Then, she watched him as his head lowered to the stream, effectively stuck in place as she watched his pale mane dance within the small ripples as his chin stopped a breath away. She felt her lungs catch for a brief moment before finding the effort in her to look away and nod her inky head in agreement. “That we do.” She offered him cheerfully, aiming to keep her vision from him for a moment as to not be captivated once more.

But then he spoke once more, slow and gentle as though he was figuring out what would be the most beautiful way to describe something. Her breathing hitched briefly once more too as he began to speak of the water, and she nodded once again in agreement. “There’s something beautiful about consistent change. I find water to be the most interesting of them – it can be something as small as mist or something torrential and terrible.” She thought back to their previous conversations about the Tidepools and their flooding, to the mist that hung in each corner of the Labyrinth they now stayed in. And she offered him a wide smile, as if some part deep within her knew she spoke more about herself than the subject at hand. That while she could appear gentle and calm, there was a storm roiling beneath her skin, something that could potentially destroy if fueled.

And so she blew out a soft breath, tucking it deeper as he agreed to rest and she found herself lowering her head into the water, her inky head dipping below the surface making it appear as though it absorbed all light when she lifted it out of the water. Though she did it to try and clear her mind, it had a little effect of working toward pushing her warmth away. And she beamed to Rixen as she took a heavy footstep forward to the bank of the water, ready to make their way to the cave. When she reached the shore, she stepped out, shaking out her body the best that she could, but the water had indeed shifted her golden hues to a bronze, coppery color and darkened her black to a starflecked night, the way the droplets clung to her fur.

Then with a glance to Rixen, she grinned. “Shall we?” She questioned, hanging around for him to join her in their movement toward the cave.

"Talk."

@Rixen sorry it took so long omg <3 but I figure Kiada will take her leave and just lead him there to the cave! You can post a closure too if you want and then we can archive :) so much has happened!!

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N
Savoring the moment, I briefly closed my eyes and focused on the cold water soothing my legs, sinking into my coat and making my skin tingle underneath. My ears swiveled slowly back and forth listening to the babbling of the stream, the subtle rustling of leaves, the sounds of our splashing and breathing. The Rift, as daunting and dark a place as it was, seemed to also harbor the enjoyable things - even simple instances of them, such as right now. The birds had begun to chatter from the treetops overhead, emerging from the protection of their nests as the fog thinned and the sunshine's golden fingers reached down through the bamboo branches. They too wanted to share in the comforting warmth of the sunlight, not that sunlight was rare in the Rift. It wasn't. But from what I'd experienced thus far, with the Rift's sickness Kiada spoke of and all, moments that were truly enjoyable were few and far between. As such, it was all the more important to make the most of them. 

When my eyelids fluttered open again, my emerald orbs graced the stream's surface once more, admiring it. In the soft light of the autumnal afternoon the surface was like a semi-molten mirror. I could feel its coolness running far deeper than my skin; it coursed through my bones. The water's depth was deceptive, mostly because it was as clear as a mountain spring even as it went through the motions of flowing steadily downstream. Every rounded stone on the bottom, every tiny fish darting around my ankles, was rendered in perfect clarity. Even after taking several steps in the direction of the grassy, sun-warmed bank I was still immersed in water knee deep, the liquid flowing around my four tiger-striped limbs, drinking away my body heat. I wanted to stand here all day but I knew that doing so was not feasible or practical in the least, and that there was somewhere more sheltered, where I might even be able to lie down and sleep awaiting me. The mere thought was enough to coax me from my tranquil state. 

Kiada was right. Time and time again, there always proved to be good in change. And even now, I was beginning to think that maybe the Rift wasn't such a bad place after all. Kiada was here, after all, and being in her presence seemed to lessen the heavy, tedious burden of carving my path this strange new world. I was glad to have met the golden girl in the Mangrove Tidepools, for her company was warming in itself, and I hoped that we would share in many more adventures together. "It is interesting." I agreed about the water, tacking the faint murmur to the end of her description of its potential to be torrential and terrible. Continuing to gaze at the ripples in front of my chest, I continued to muse, "Nothing, not you nor I, can be protected from change. Then again, some things simply need to be changed… even if the reason why cannot presently be understood." Though not sure what the words might allude to, my pinkish lips curled up slightly, accompanied by a lighthearted exhalation of breath that was not quite enough to be a snort. "For a time, I used to wish that the Rift had never dragged me in. My initial and only thoughts were of my homeland - what was left of it, that is. But now - now I'm not so sure that I'd ever want to go back. This place isn't half bad. I might even be keen to see what it offers me next." How did I really feel about my new life? It was certainly growing on me.

"Go ahead. I won't be far behind." I gestured in the direction of the bank with my muzzle, allowing her to pass before stepping across the stones in giant motions. My limbs were no longer as stiff, especially as I followed the mare and they began to warm again, my eyes trained keenly on the bamboo-carved path a short distance in front of Kiada. It was odd for me to make a connection so fast, to give my trust so easily, tentative though it was. There was something in the way the spotted mare smiled, a burst of energy, a genuineness, a softness of spirit I found I just couldn't pass up. Kiada wasn't the fire, yet she brought a warmth that was new to me. Over the course of our conversation, she'd listened like she was absorbing my words and found them to be interested, rather than simply getting my turn to speak over and done with so she could return to some other topic. Despite having just met her, the more time I spent with Kiada the more my spirit lifted, and the presence of such a feeling got me thinking that perhaps she was a part of the change I'd needed for so long, found only upon first setting hoof in the Rift. 

"Talk."

@Kiada It's been fun <3 Archiving the thread after this post!