This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» Together
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Valkyrie the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Caevoc
No more than a week had gone by since her descent into the Rift.

It often still felt like one big strange dream, yet no matter the number experimental bites or deliberate bruises she’d dealt herself to be sure, Valkyrie was still unquestionably trapped in a world that was as frightening and new, as it was thrilling and wonderful. The days teased by her wonder-struck gaze in a drunken-like blur. Blinking eyes, creeping shadow and nauseating light - all those colours - soon melted into a backdrop less overbearing, and the tension she’d not realised was wrought beneath her sullying coat, began at last to unwind.

The calm, wise words imparted by Roscorro as they’d chatted by the Portal, played a key role in grounding her thoughts and energy; though the unnerving blend of adrenaline and cortisol in her blood begged for upheaval, her mind battled hard to stay focused and in tune, drinking in lessons along the way, as she delved  into her surroundings a little deeper. The Daughter was glad to spend the meditative period alone. If she’d spent another moment longer with the man, Vynter, she might very well have sliced his good for nothing head clear off that muddy, messy throat and returned then through to Portal into the familiar world behind it - task completed, thank you very much High-Maiden…

She stepped thoughtfully, each hoof placed with decent consideration as the enormous rainforest whispered around her. The discovery of Screaming Moss had been a rather distressing event, so too, the moment she’d brushed past Medusozoa Hedera, and burned bracelet-like tracks around two of her, unfortunately, stained limbs; so careful in fact had the adventure become, that she seemed to be travelling nowhere, fast. It was an uncomfortable feeling for one so young and brash, so she frequently she reminded herself that safe was better than sorry.

At last, she paused, seeking respite from penetrating shafts of sun-rays and humidity, where the shade of an enormous, lichen licked tree fell dank and dark across the floor.

After thorough inspection (should it screech at her or drive a knife between her ribs), Valkyrie relaxed and slumped right, sighing, against its surprisingly cool girth. Propped up appropriately, she craned around to better inspect the raw, red burns circling both lower left, front and back legs. The pale hair was barely visible above it. “Ouch…” she whispered, wincing and sucking in the moist air, at even the most delicate touch of her own pink lips; that plant was a true menace.

The still air around her gave birth suddenly to the low humming drone of conversation, and furry ears lifted curiously in response.

Finding her feet (and enduring the aching wound), she turned towards the direction from whence the sound seemed to come - the south perhaps. With shining eyes inspired and searching, she picked a gradual path between fern and timber until foliage gave way to smile-coated rock, rubble that threatened to send her careening forward. In circumspect fashion, she investigated the space ahead. It looked very much to just fall away - like a cliff, so for the time being she chose to keep a sound distance in between.

The voices spoke on, rising varyingly from somewhere below.

After a small time spent stumbling and strolling along the ridge, the granite split to reveal a well-worn path. It looked to descend, to cut downwards into the face of the cliff, and Valkyrie was instantly intrigued, for her entire world before the Trial of the Shield, had consisted of winding tracks, just as precarious as this. A smile leaked into her engrossed expression - challenge accepted!

In a remarkable display of expertise and dexterity, the white-creamy horse made her way to the bottom.

The scene there on the beach as she arrived upon it, was unexpected, to say the least. Though she’d noted a number of bodies along the way, some stranger than others, she wasn't even slightly prepared for the queerness she would behold - not like anything which had crossed her path previously. Except maybe Roscorro…

There was a monster - it caused her sensible hesitation - beached just past the shallows. Stark, frightful razors, much more than she could hope to count, glinted in the burning light as its scaled lips rolled and curled around words beyond her reach; its long glowing green body trailed like a limp fish behind, ending in a sharp, pointed tail. The image would haunt her for a long while - and rightly so, anything so savage looking, ought to be locked into the forefront of one's mind. She would be wary, for sure.

Very intriguing…

There was a second monster, more hideous than the first, but perhaps not so scary. As she examined him from her secure space nearby, Valkyrie could almost imagine the context of his ‘creation’ - clearly the universe, gods or whatever modelled the world beneath their toes had an abundance of leftover pieces. The giant before her (one of many it seemed in this world of absurdities), seemed to consist of them all! Behind his bleeding, gruesome existence trailed a sort of unsettling creature made from shadow.

Less obtrusive were equine-type folk, unusual animals and even an assortment birdlife.

The Daughter drew a long breath. She was unsure what to do.

Drawing slowly to the conclusion that there was no hostility between to crowd before her (that there was a slim chance she could slide in without notice), she inched curiously closer; slowly to begin with, unobtrusively, totally casual. Curiosity  By the time she was strolling among them - as one of them - small bands were already dispersing hither and thither, and though she strained to observe both with sight and sound to gage the meaning of the occurrence, she could find no logic. It seemed an unfortunate coincidence that the nearest to her, and possibly the last to depart (to whatever burning thought summoned them), was the second monster - and less disconcertingly a horse-type like she, a man unbeknownst to her.

Forcing back her good sense and swallowing down hard on the great bubble which had risen in her throat, the Daughter stepped lightly behind the duo, pressing her ears forward should any words exchanged offer good insight into their movement.

tl;dr - Valkyrie is following along behind Kisamoa and Ruwin

Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
kiada
golden child, lion girl, tell me what it's like to conquer
They had been quite possibly, the furthest location away from the rendezvous point with the Matron. So it seemed to take them forever to get from the Tree to where the shoreline was. However, when they did, Kiada offered Rixen a bright smile before stepping toward the Matron and announcing that the hope had been restored in Uwaritace, before settling and listening. They had arrived somewhat later than the others, and it seemed to go in stages, each group picking out which next location to go. And even if it was just her and Rixen, she didn’t mind. She adored spending time with the stallion, and she’d be willing to go to the ends of the earth with him if he’d allow it.

When the Matron suggested the next set of tasks, she listened as a colt whispered something she couldn’t quite hear toward Roscorro and began to run off in that direction. Curiously, Kiada turned toward the antlered stallion with a smile. “I know I like the Tidepools as that’s where we met, do you want to go there?” She asked him as humor laced her voice. She was completely willing to change her plans should he wish to go somewhere else instead, and she waited with her white rimmed ears perked forward to listen if he had any objections or agreements.

"Talk."
— fearless child, broken girl,
tell me what it's like to burn.
image credits

@Rixen <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N
I was also fond of the Tidepools. Kiada made a good point, that was the place where we'd first bumped into each other, and this made it an even more memorable and pleasant location than it already was, with its scenic rocky shores that were shaded by groves of mangroves. "I don't see why not. The Tidepools it is." I nodded, directing my green gaze first to Kiada and then to the Matron. A few other unfamiliar faces had shown themselves among the group since the last time we'd congregated. Of course, I was interested to meet them, but now was not the time. There were more tasks to be completed first. 

No sooner had we arrived than we turned to leave yet again. As I began to move away from the Matron and the other horses, I wondered how we were to untangle the mangrove trees. More distraught than I let on upon hearing that such beautiful instruments of nature were in so a sorry state, I was eager to reach the oceanside and see what I could do to help. Casting a glance back at the golden mare to make sure she was behind me, at the same time I looked to see if any other horses had elected to come along with us. I certainly wouldn't mind if anyone did. However my pace did not slow, instead picking up as I traversed the land toward the ailing mangrove trees, the distance from the Rainforest Cliffs increasing with each purposeful stride. 

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits

@Kiada
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Zoeya the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

The duo had all but given up on finding their family. They couldn't understand where they had gone and why they had been left behind. The pair had hidden themselves away until their grief was only a dull ache. Now they were searching for others to fill the void  their missing blood and created. At one time in her life the lighting girl would have sworn blood was the strongest tie in life. Now she knew how wrong she had been. Light brown eyes drifted down to gaze at Ajax silently thanking him for not leaving her as well. He made an odd sound in reply, somewhere between a coo and a growl. 'I would never leave you.' She smiled softly to herself.

Ajax paused mid step one foreleg held aloft as his head lifted. She stopped as well sniffing anxiously at the dry Scorch air. The scent of many others drifted towards them. Gulping hard she looked down at the griffin again, which caused him to snort.She could feel his aggravation at her fear of others. Impatiently he raced off towards the smells leaving her to trail in his wake. her anxiety grew as the came upon the group. Those already gathered seemed to be waking up. She swallowed again as Ajax called to her.

Taking a shaky breath she picked her way through the crowd. She didn't recognize anyone there so she stepped towards the creature at the front. A soft smile played over her alabaster lips before she bowed. Ajax gave his own halfhearted bow before righting himself to gaze up at the creature curiously. They listened intently eager to catch up on what had been happening while they had hidden from the other equines. She cocked her head at the odd tasks they all needed to complete. She watched as other spoke then headed off. She watched a colt close to her own age look at a very strange stallion before racing off. Slowly she followed after him, Ajax at her side.

------------------------------------------------
Speech
Words :: 336
Kisamoa
Currently championing:
Kisamoa stepped out of the waves again, an inky blot resolving into the towering, shifting creature. With a snort, he blew the water from his lungs and nostrils, blinking a few times in the slanting evening sunlight. His world was a vast and strange place; he couldn't say he had ever been to Akvo before, yet it was his. He had memories of it, as if it had been his, like he had memories of almost everything in the Rift, but the vast, vast majority of them were not actually his.

He had spent most of his life in Helovia, hunting vengeance, and now he was ..spreading hope? Helping? He just felt elated, empowered, like he could do this—he was an engine running at full speed, ready to go, to watch more places light up and relax like the sunken city.

But, the matron dashed all his hopes, declaring a communal nap time. Kisamoa scowled at her, frustration and resentment bleeding off his presence like an unpleasant smell, but the matron's eyes brooked no argument. He supposed that she'd just sic about every Rift creature present on him if he chose to command them all to go immediately, so he held his tongue and strode off to brood and wait in the shallows.

As the stars came out, a small, colorful cat put its soft paws against his nearest knee, and the shadowbeast's black eyes slipped open. It meowed happily at him before dashing off.

He didn't know how he felt about it.

But, the matron was busy describing the new tasks, and Kisamoa lingered at the back of the gathering. It broke apart, two children running off to the Portal, Kiada and Rixen heading to the Tidepools; Kisamoa glanced at the others. He might as well head to the Portal, it had been a long time since he'd been there, anyway. Saying nothing, the tall creature strode off after the foals.
beauty in darkness
kaos in light
.. and kaos opened up its eyes
Glacia the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

Glacia

I am ready for the rest. As I arrive with Kiada and Rixen I listen to the creature. Absently however. But my eyes sweep across the faces, hoping maybe I'd see Rowan's young face. My heart sinks as I don't see her. So does my body. Slowly into the ground. Rest. I feel claws move across my body and Selene finds comfort by my shoulder. My eyes slide close, and I slip into a slumber.

----
My eyes flutter open as a paw taps my muzzle. It was time to move again I guessed. She cat moves on, and I nudge Selene into a secure place before standing up. I look to the creature, listening to her words about more work to do. I guess I was part of this now. I only hoped I would find my child on the way. My eyes turned towards the horizon, admiring the purple haze and the twinkling of stars as the night began to set in. I look towards Rixen and Kiada, moving to them. They briefly mentioned the Mangrove Cove, and that was where we were headed. I quickly scanned again just in case, and still found nothing. 

"Talk."

image | bckg
Kyros the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
Hooves pattered on the jungle floor as he swerved through the undergrowth. He could smell a gathering not to far up ahead and he was anxious to be with others of his own kind. It didn't take him long to reach them. He watched from afar as a large feline moved through the crowd. It seemed to be waking them up and he tilted his head curiously. Had they all been sleeping? His little tail twitched in his confusion. How strange. Then he noticed the matron and stepped close to the crowd in case she had anything to say. He dipped his head to her a smile playing softly over his face.

She did start to speak and he pricked his ears listening intently. His heart swelled at the thought of helping this land become better than it was. 'Wouldn't take much effort to make this hole better.' He thought still smiling his fuzzy tail swishing excitedly behind him. He listened to what needed to be done intently before they were dismissed. He nodded to the matron once more before looking around to find a group to join. He noticed Kiada, one of the ladies he had almost ran into at the tree. He turned and trotted after her.

------------------
talk
Words;; 209
Kyros

aI am a child of the moon
Born of the sun
{Image: GXaleou.png}{Image: 7fHJvV8.png} 
Waker
Currently championing:
WAKER
You are, again, surrounded by giants. Dragon Man stands to your one side, and he bumps you with his shoulder—which feels like it is leagues above your withers, but you understand his intention. On your other side, Night Sky hovers. You still don't quite understand what you did to deserve such care, but it's touching. The affection shows in your eyes as you glance at them.

But then, the matron offers you what you so desperately need: rest. You breathe a sigh of relief, and reach out to touch your nose to Dragon Man's chest, a silent thanks before stepping off to get some space. In the corner of your eye, you notice the colt you've picked up go stand in the shallows, but if he wants to sleep or not is none of your concern. You pick a spot in the sun-baked sand, figuring the setting sun will not overheat you, and fold your aching limbs. Despite the presence of all manners of creatures, you feel strangely safe, and sleep embraces you quickly.

You're woken from the depths of your deep, healing sleep by a soft touch on your chest. Blinking, you raise your head from its nest of sand to see a colorful, small feline pawing your chest. Once it sees you're awake, it meows and scuttles off to its next target.

It takes you a moment longer to convince your body to stand up. The sun has set while you slept, but the stars offer plenty of light—enough of it that you, to your surprise, notice that Kisamoa is among those gathered. What is he doing here?

"It is not only the lands themselves and the creatures inhabiting them who have lost hope," the matron begins, and you switch your attention back to her, as she describes the plight of the Rift's plant life. You frown a little as you listen. Most of the vegetation mentioned is unknown to you. You cast about, looking for Night Sky, but before you're able to ask her for insight most others are leaving. The colt from before takes off towards the Portal, followed by Kisamoa and another child; Kiada and her gray company, and a black mare you do not know, go for the Tidepools.

"I suppose it is Solanis for us, then," you comment, and start heading towards the place where you first found Kisamoa.
Kisamoa
Currently championing:
He cheated—for a while he'd walked with the group from the Portal, but at some point he had simply lost his patience and slipped into the veil between the worlds. One moment he had been there, a dark, looming presence bringing up the rear, and then, the next—gone.

It was faster this way, and his body didn't feel quite so heavy when slithering through the dusky, shadowy world. The not-quite-air was cold and soothing against his burning skin, like the sea—free of the mortal gazes, the deity groaned.

But he didn't stop. He had a sinking suspicion that if he did, he wouldn't get going again, and somewhere along the road, he had decided to see this through to the end. And, rather to his own surprise.. he found it, amusing? Entertaining? Fun?

With a whisper the fabric of reality parted, and Kisamoa stepped out onto the beach, well ahead of the others. The matron was there, waiting, and for a moment their gazes met; the Loricatrunc laughed softly, and Kisamoa turned his head away.

"See," she said, lowering her head to touch a bowl with a suspiciously glittery substance in it, "you have a heart, after all."

He stared at the ocean in silence. It felt pointless to argue about semantics; he had four, but that wasn't what she had meant.
beauty in darkness
kaos in light
.. and kaos opened up its eyes
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
The first to appear, unsurprisingly to the eldest Loricatrunc, was Kisamoa. As he appeared, slipping between the veils of the world, a laugh left her maw as their eyes locked. ”See, you have a heart, after all.” She grinned to the mix-matched god despite the fact that he looked away, staring at the ocean in silence. And so, before the rest of the party gathered, she dipped her trunk in the pot of glitter she had brought, her heavy steps thudding closer to the god, as she reached her trunk out to place a small glittering line along his forehead. They will thank you for this.” She murmured, quiet enough for only his ears before returning.

And so, she waited, quietly and diligently as the warrior of her family, waiting until the rest of the gathering appeared. When everyone had settled, she offered them a brilliant grin. ”Thank you. You have done remarkably well! Now, for the last leg of the effort, it is a party of sorts. While you were away, I went to Ultima and asked them for some glitter.” She paused, eyeing the crowd with a grin. ”But don’t you worry, this isn’t the kind that itches. It is sticky, however, so place it everywhere. And then, we shall head to the Pinnacle where music and dancing awaits.” She beamed at them, offering her large pot for them to dip into, though the Matron was willing to help in any way she could.

Congratulations! All of the hope has been restored. The Matron is offering a party of sorts. Cover yourself in the glitter and follow her to the Pinnacle for the full surprise! :) For this part, feel free to have either your character coat itself in the glitter, or PP the Matron placing the glitter on you. Then, post in the Pinnacle thread that will be accompanying this one! :)

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «