This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» Together
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
Speaking of the last group. Somehow the only one that had not originally be apart of the party ended up appearing beside Kisamoa. He looked less than thrilled to be there. Especially when he noticed that none of the party he had been following were there. Somehow he had come before them. he had traveled in the general direction everyone went, and it had not been hard to guess that this was the gathering place for everyone. The gathering of large and small creatures that would normally not coexist together was a dead give away.

The wanderer was left standing beside the deformed god, keeping a respectful distance as he cast him a sidelong glance. What was Kaos doing here? What was he doing here? Why exactly did he care to follow this thing through. For the sake of witnessing what became of his home as these do-gooders ran about with their balls of light, trying to save the world. But, he was here. He couldn't back down now. So he looked to the familiar form of the matron, expecting some sort of explanation as to what was going on. He was in the dark on this matter.

talk talk talk talk
I used to recognize myself

Funny how reflections change
image credit to Marcus Castro
@ unsplash.com
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Kisamoa
Currently championing:
His wait was not particularly long, for barely had he declared his intentions before Ruwin—one of his poor natives—found himself standing before the mangled deity. Not much else was happening, to the point that he felt like opening his mouth again and yelling at them to get going.

It was like he couldn't stand the inaction, the slow rhythm, the lack of a fast heartbeat and instant results. But, he was fairly sure that if he opened his mouth again, he'd simply get rebuked by the matron. Instead, his lips and shoulders twitched.

"Well," he said after a few seconds, turning his dark eyes to Ruwin, "let us go, then." He was fairly sure he'd caught sight of the grumpy stallion over by the Protector, and from that, he drew the conclusion that Ruwin was part of the fabled, missing third group. With a flick of his long tail, Kisamoa strode into the shallows, straight past the Baleano—who snapped half-halfheartedly in his direction—and into the gentle waves. They were soothing and cool against his aching skin.
beauty in darkness
kaos in light

Kisamoa commandeers @Ruwin and goes to Akvo City.
.. and kaos opened up its eyes
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

Looking up and beyond the group of horses, I noticed yet another figure approaching, one that I had not seen before. She was a dark grey mare with darker points on her legs and face. Three twisted horns protruded from her skull, and one side of her face was marred by terrible scars, the cicatrices running toward her muzzle like silvery-pink snakes. She stepped in among us, her voice nothing more than a confused interjection that was not followed by any further words.

As soon as I determined that the unknown mare did not seem to be a threat, my gaze fell back upon Kisamoa, who had begun to speak again. He was a god. I had never seen a god before, but from what I’d heard, interactions with gods was fairly common around here. Gods were more than supernatural beings watching from the sky. One walked among us now. And I wanted to hear what he had to say. 

After Kisamoa indicated that he would head to Akvo City with the stallion who called himself ‘Watcher’ and the remainder of the third group, I turned back to Kiada, who was standing beside me, while keeping one eye on the ghastly Riftian deity at the same time as he faded away into the shadows. Though disappointed to see the god leave without having properly introduced myself, my thoughts quickly returned to our duty, the very reason we gathered here: to spread  hope across the Rift. "Shall we head to Unwaritace?" I asked the golden mare rather loudly, as if the question was also an invitation directed to the horses who had not yet decided on a group.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
He received diddlysquat. Nothing. No explanation as to what the heck they were doing. He was just expected to know as their dearest god, bade him come. A slight frown touched his lips. Did he really want to follow Kaos anywhere? He did not trust deities or any beings of such power. Finding them fickle at the best of times and destructive at the worst. But he was curious. What would happen if he used his piece of light? This would also give him an opportunity to observe the chaotic being before him. And so he kept his trap shut for now. He watched the patchwork being move towards the waves and disappear beneath them. Okay.... He hadn't the slightest idea where the Kisamoa was going, having not heard the matron before. But there were few places one would go beneath the waves. So he began walking, taking the land route to the most mysterious place under the sea. Akvo.

talk talk talk talk
I used to recognize myself

Funny how reflections change
image credit to Marcus Castro
@ unsplash.com
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
kiada
golden child, lion girl, tell me what it's like to conquer
As Kisamoa began to suggest to go with the third group, there was a new creature that captured Kiada’s attention as she walked into the group. Curiously, Kiada angled her head to where she could better view the newcomer. After a brief moment, recognition crossed her features. She remembered the mare from Helovia, albeit during a time where they had both been attacked by griffins as children. But she remembered the creature’s name, something that was easy to remember especially for the mare before them. Her eyes widened slightly and she turned from Rixen slightly to view the mare. When Rixen suggested rather loudly to head toward the huge Tree to spread the hope, she offered him a small smile before slipping from his side.

Oizys, right? You can join Rixen and I on our attempt to spread hope to Uwaritace? We can take you there.” She offered the mare for a moment before turning back to point out Rixen with her dark head. She looked back at Oizys with a bright smile cascading across her lips while Khairi crooned his hello to Oizys and Kier. Then, after a few moments of letting the mare decide, Kiada moved back toward Rixen to head toward Uwaritace. “You’re welcome to follow us if you choose to!” She called toward Oizys with another smile before she began to head toward their designated land.

"Talk."
— fearless child, broken girl,
tell me what it's like to burn.
image credits

@Oizys Kiada and Rixen offer Oizys to join them in spreading hope to Uwaritace! :D I'll get the thread up, if you want to join us Snow, feel free :3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Waker
Currently championing:
Awkward timeline. Assume x amount of hours has passed since Waker and the others departed for Halyven. xD

WAKER
You're tired. That's like, the only thing your world is composed of right now: tired tired tired tired. Excitement, blood loss, travels, outbursts, being washed repeatedly in the soothing waves of exploding hope—it's a surprise you haven't tripped and fallen asleep where you, hypothetically, fell. Instead, you sigh, putting one foot in front of the other. Even your wings ache, despite their lack of recent use. They just hurt from gravity, you suppose.

Slowly, the sea claims the horizon. Waves roll in, gentle, peaceful, but you don't trust them. You've seen enough storms to know what a killer she is, the ocean—wild and ferocious, never spiteful, never merciful. She's just... wild and violent, but it's nothing personal.

You're not sure what you're going to find. The Matron, yes, she's waiting for you, but the others? You look around. That... giant, sort of glowing monstrous sea-creature is still lying in the shallows. It seems very patient, but under any other circumstances, you're sure it'd have eaten you long ago. You drag your tired prey's eyes from the predator. Some colorful creatures are still running around, playing or napping. You look around for the colt you snarled at earlier. You're dog tired, but you've remembered your manners, and you want to apologize.

"Halyven's happy again," you mumble at the matron once you're closer, sighing as you drift to a halt. The waves lap against your hooves and fetlocks, soothing the ache in your legs. You tip a hind hoof up on its tip. Saving the world be damned—you need a nap, and you need it bad.
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
you and atlas are one and the same, my dear

He was not far behind the exhausted form of Waker when he entered the beach ponce more. Though he had not experienced the same amount of trauma, the great stallion was also feeling tired. His footsteps were slower than before, heavier. His head not held quite as high, wings drooping slightly, as he wearily trudged on. But he was sure he was fairing better than the stranger he wanted to call friend. He had not lost blood or been attacked, He had not experienced the trauma or terror, though he had been quite terrified for All those under attack. His mad swim/dance through the waters had taxed his muscles. Add the constant trekking back and forth and it was no wonder he was so tired. His wings were swore and unresponsive, he doubted that he could lift them at this time if he needed to take to the sky. Like Waker, he wanted a nap.

Though he was less crusty about the whole things. Though who could blame the man, after nearly being killed by a siren, then sent off on random errands to bring light around the world. Who wouldn't be upset after all of that? These places were not close and Rosco knew they would only have to go further as they were sent to more destinations. As jovial and kind as the stallion was, even he would eventually find himself feeling irritable as exhaustion and stress took its hold. Until then, best keep their spirits up. With an inward groan he picked up his pace until he was beside Waker. Moving closer he offered a gentle, encourage bump to the shoulder as he smiled warmly at him. The light of understanding glinting and respect in his eye. He knew he probably wanted nothing more than to curl of and sleep, to escape the real world for a time. He was impressed, that after all he had been through, the dark stallion was still keeping on. Just a little further and then they all could sleep and he could heal. Hopefully from more than just that wound on his neck.

"Talk."

cursed to hold a weight you can't bear and still standing
not because you can — but because you have to

img

ooc: Rosco comes up to @Waker and bumps him in the shoulder in a friendly jesture to try and encourage the stallion.
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
K'yarie
Rigorous, frantic swimming coupled with constant walking back and forth between this beach and Kaos knew where was bound to wear down even the most hardy of horses. K'yarie was no exception. Her body ached and groaned with every movement. Her hooves felt heavy and the large draft, who had been born with stout endurance, found it hard to lift them. She heaved a sigh and carried on. The beach was not far. Rosco and Waker were ahead of her and she followed them not only to the beach, but into the water as well where she stood on the other side of Waker. She remained near him, protective of the weakened stallion despite her own growing weariness.

As much as she wanted to deny it, she had a soft spot for the young and the weak. Waker was no exception to this tender, motherly side that pestered the star cloaked mare. So she hung near him, watched over him. And if needed, would provide a shoulder for him to lean upon. The silent stallion seemed just as willing to aid the dark stranger as well as he offered a shoulder bump in some odd form of encouragement. She supposed that, being unable to speak, the Clydesdale must rely a lot upon physical contact and facial expressions. Still, it was sweet that he was attempting to lift the other's spirits. Her eyes fell upon the matron and she frowned, biting her tongue to keep herself from giving their quest giver a piece of her mind. They were all tired. Waker had suffered blood loss and injury on top of the constant, physical exertion they were all facing.

She did not know what the other groups were like, but surely they too were beginning to feel tired. Swimming was extremely taxing on the body, more so than moving upon dry land. And then they were sent off to explore other areas of their world, adding a lot of walking into the mix (assuming that was all everyone had to do.) Add in fighting, fleeing, or what have you and your body had to be feeling it by now. Then again, maybe some people were super-equine and felt perfectly fine even after all they had gone through. If that was the case, let them continue on and leave everyone else to rest and get a second wind.

talk talk talk talk
Fear not this Night.
You will not go Astray
Though shadoes fall, still the Stars find their way
image credit to Achiha-Azteca.

ooc: K'yarie is getting tired and grumpy and is trying to not the chew the matron out for not letting those who need it (Waker) rest. She is standing on the other side of Waker like a protective mama.
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
It pleased her greatly to see Kisamoa depart for Akvo City. She—like most others—remembered the days before the four Gods had been slain. Soon, it would be three years ago that the foreign gods from Helovia had torn the four lands from the Rift and killed the Gods. Soon, Kisamoa would have his third birthday. A young deity, indeed, and the matron's face wrinkled with a smile as she watched the shadowbeast slip out into sea.

[ Insert time lapse here. . . ]

Upon the horizon, equine blobs were refined into equine silhouettes, and then, into faces, bodies. The matron shifted away from the huge Baleano to meet them were they were less close to the glowing predator, her eyes kind and gentle as they fell on the tired trio. That Waker seemed the most affected was not strange; he had, after all, been bitten, but the other two displayed signs of exhaustion as well.

And while she was excited to save her world, there was no rush. The good they had already done would tide them over until some more permanent solution could be found. "Well done," she praised them, fanning herself with her large ears. "Rest a while, now. You've earned it."

[ Assuming another time lapse; you are welcome to have your character arrive and take advantage of the nap-time too! ]

The sun had set, and the stars were out—they twinkled far overhead, mirrored in the gently undulating sea. It was a calm, young night. A sense of peace had fallen on the Rift, like tension slowly leaving a tired, injured body—relief, or, perhaps, Hope that everything would be alright. The matron smiled, and a Pavo cat ran between the horses, gently touching paws and its nose to their legs, waking them up.

"It is not only the lands themselves and the creatures inhabiting them who have lost hope," the matron began once the horses were all awake. "It has affected the plants, too. The Knotty Mangroves by the Tidepools have begun tying themselves into tight knots, slowly strangling themselves. A young Living Tree, and let me tell you that that is rare, has gotten lost and wandered off into the vicinity of the Portal. And lastly, the Solar Flowers in Solanis have dimmed, and we're not sure why." Concern painted her face and colored her voice as she spoke. "Please, they all need your help."

The three tasks are:
* Untie the knotty mangroves in the Mangrove Tidepools
* Find the lost Living Tree in the Portal and herd it back to safety
* Find out - and fix - what's been dimming the Solar Flowers in Solanis

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «

Vynter the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Although the lad hadn't met the group too long ago; he had wasted no time in lagging behind them to join in on this great adventure. When he had seen the orb of light come into his vicinity he had been elated; attempting to lift himself up and touch it eagerly. It was only when it would continue to drift just out of his reach did he finally grow tired of their game, and had focused on the next task at hand.

They had all moved as one, going in one direction together to a place the boy wasn't entirely sure of. Before he knew it he could smell the salt on the breeze, bringing him to the feeling of home. The Edge had been salty, and although it held more vegetation the taste of ocean was on his lips each morning as he explored the cliffs eagerly. This place; although much hotter, was a nice reminder of what once was. He managed to keep pace with his companion Roscorro, eyes attentive and looking in every direction.

Although they had walked quite a ways, the colt wasn't nearly as tired as everyone else. Whether this was because he was younger with more energy; or because he spent all of his time walking one couldn't really answer. But as every else laid down to sleep he simply couldn't, and thus opted to soothe his hooves in the cool ocean. The blue landscape was calming to him, something that he could piece back to happier times. Although he didn't think he had ever really been happy, not as happy as when he had been with his mother December.

As time passed and the others had been awakened by the cat like creatures; Vynter made his way back to the crowd and settled himself beside the dragon once more. It was with the utmost attentiveness did he listen to the special creature's request, eyes filled with wonder as he attempted to piece together just what their main goals were. It was only when the Matron had completed assigning tasks did he spring into action. He knew exactly where he wanted to go, and nothing was going to get in his way.

"Portal," he breathed out quietly, glancing at Roscorro for only a moment before he was off. Running ungracefully the colt passed everyone else, focused straight ahead towards his destination. He was now hyper-focused on the task at hand, and there would be very little that would cause him to stray from it.
Vynter
MY WILL IS A SWORD THAT CUTS DOWN ANYTHING IN MY WAY