This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Deal With The Devil
Trial Mangrove Tidepools 
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Small fish darted to a fro in the small tide pool. Weaving among vividly colored plant life as they existed in their little world, clueless of the giant figure that stood at the edge of their universe. Ghostly constellations and galaxies faintly glimmered in her daytime pelt of ebony. Her silken mane tumbled down her neck and shoulder in elegant waves and curls, her forelock hanging over her left eye like a midnight curtain.

In the light of day her ethereal beauty was still captivating, but not as mysterious or magical as her nightly gown. It was by the light of the stars that her true beauty shone as those faint galaxies sprung to life upon her body. Her mane and tail dissolved into streaming, gaseous forms that glowed and wisped in the air like the tails of comets. Filled with stars and light. For now her dark pelt shown, but with a silken gleam rather than the light of stars. Her trim, beautiful form was appeared to be cut by angel's hands. She was a towering beauty, her violet eyes downcast as she watched the silver fish within their pool.

The dark Frisian mare continued to gaze upon the little world, contemplating her trials. She had been called upon by the rift to convince someone to steal, and then assist someone in stealing something valuable. Simple enough when you combine them, but still.... Where was she to find a horse gullible enough o steal from another? She had no doubt that she could convince a stallion to take something for her. Her looks alone could get just about any male to do anything for her. All she had to do was whisper some sweet words to them and bat her lashes. But she had found herself in a shortage of stallions. Just her luck. So now she was left to contemplate her next move. Where should she go to find someone to play? Once she had convinced said person to steal for her, who would they steal from? Such a simple task was becoming a lot harder as she found herself alone. But she was not concerned, her world had ways of giving her the means to finish the trials it gave her. Of that, she had faith.

talk talk talk talk
The moon bathes her in love
the stars kiss her skin
and the shadows bow at her feet.
As the sun looks on with jealousy.
K'yarie
image credit to Azteca @ deviantart.com

@Arioch
Arioch
Currently championing:

The demon was not all that impressed with this world. There wasn't enough fear here. Not enough distress or woe or heartache. Everything seemed more or less fine. The closest thing he'd come to finding even a sniff of hell had been the blackish walls that seemed to partition off one section of land from another. Although he couldn't force himself through the veiled barrier, he could sense a sickness within, and that sickness gave him hope that perhaps this place really was doomed in some way.

That, or perhaps he could find his way back to hell.

Investigating the rest of what the Rift had to offer, Arioch found himself by the tidepools, and immediately noticed that he was not alone. A mare, not unlike those found in hell stood staring into the pond. She was not a delicate thing, but was instead strong and stately, cast in so many hues of black that she seemed darkly iridescent. "My, my." The demon purred, stretching back his lips in a smile to reveal sharpened teeth and a grin that stretched too far back. Arioch's leathery wings hugged his lithe flanks tightly as he made his way over to her. She was taller than he was, but the stallion's masculinity was not so fragile that he was put-out by this. If anything, he was all the more intrigued.

With eyes so pale green that they almost appeared white, the demon came to a halt only a few paces away, head cocked slightly to the right as he inspected the creature before him. "What have we here? Come to do a little fishing?" He all but purred, glancing down at the silvery fish, and then raising his gaze again. His voice was like black velvet through water; smooth and confident.

ARIOCH

THERE'S A FEELING I GET, WHEN I LOOK TO THE WEST, AND MY SPIRIT IS CRYING FOR LEAVING.
IN MY THOUGHTS I HAVE SEEN RINGS OF SMOKE THROUGH THE TREES, AND THE VOICES OF THOSE WHO STANDING LOOKING.
Image Credits
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Her head turned, hips swaying as she turned every so slightly to take in this newcomer. His purring voice speaking so much with so little. Oh, the Rift might have presented her with the perfect accomplish. She offered a coy smile in return to his own. The shadows beneath her shuttered, wavering as the other came near. Something was certainly different about this one, to have the shadows themselves react to his presence. Her purple gaze never glanced back at the fish, her eyes were only for this stranger. "I've never found much joy in toying with fish." She said. "They're not ones to cry out or show much of anything, and what fun is that?"

"No, they merely serve as a distraction as I consider how best to go about toying with another." Her lips pulled back in a mischievous smile, her head angling towards him chin titled ever so slightly. "And what brings you to these pools? Hoping to torment the minnows?" Her voice was like silk. Her tail flicked and had he been closer she would have brushed it against his hind leg. But he had yet to come nearer. This was fine with her, she could weave her web from here.

Though the sense that filled her told her that this stallion did not need much convincing to make the lives of other miserable. He just had that air about him. They way he walked, the words he spoke, the manner in which they rolled off of his tongue. Oh yes. The Rift had gifted her with a viable candidate. One she could not have hoped for. Or so it seemed. "Or do you seek a more, entertaining way to pass the time?"

talk talk talk talk
the stars kiss her skin
K'yarie

@Arioch
Oh gosh K'yarie. >>
Arioch
Currently championing:

There were normally three ways Arioch was used to being interacted with. The first and most prominent way was with fear, for in the bowels of hell he had inflicted years of agony upon those who displeased him. The second way was with false confidence and bravado. The third and more rare of ways, was with a sort of meeting of minds; one who thought that perhaps they were the demon's equal. This way of course always intrigued him the most, and he spied it instantly in the wry grin upon the mare's lips and the sly tilt of her head.

"Oh no, like you I have bigger fish in mind." He replied cooly, the words slithering from his lips just as easily as the fish moved below the surface of the water. Just as K'yarie thought that the Rift had brought Arioch to her, so too did the stallion believe she had been brought to him. If he was removed from hell and risen to this land, he assumed it must be for some reason. Unsure of what that reason was, he was more than eager to interrogate its subjects to find out.

Her words drew his ears forward and his smile spread wider across lips that slit open nearly to his cheeks. "What pray tell did you have in mind?" He asked, his long limbs bringing him closer to the shadow-touched creature .

ARIOCH

THERE'S A FEELING I GET, WHEN I LOOK TO THE WEST, AND MY SPIRIT IS CRYING FOR LEAVING.
IN MY THOUGHTS I HAVE SEEN RINGS OF SMOKE THROUGH THE TREES, AND THE VOICES OF THOSE WHO STANDING LOOKING.
Image Credits
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Oh he was having fun. His interest perked by her actions and words. When he had finished speak she turned to him, a light hum rolling off her lips. "The Rift has tasked me to steal from another." She said, laying it all out as her chin tucked close to her chest. "I wish to steal from an acquaintance of mine. He possesses and enchanted satchel, gifted to him by a creature of this world. It is rare and irreplaceable, full of items equally hard to come by, and he will do anything for me to get it back..." She left the rest up to his imagination. Oh yes, she would have the stallion under her thumb if she could get ahold of his supply cache. Oh the trouble she could get that man into if she had power over him.

"Perhaps it is petty. But I've desired a toy to play with, and I think that he would be a delightful candidate." She cocked her head, her forelock falling in front of one of her eyes as she looked to the stranger. "Would you be interested in joining me?" She felt as if she could lay the cards out on the table with this stallion. Though whether he thought her actions childish and uninteresting would be determined by his next move. She wasn't seeking to kill anyone, but to force them into her service. Oh how she would hold that satchel over Watcher's head and make him beg for it. She doubted that he would, but the thought was nice enough. She was however interested to see what he would do in order to get that thing back. She had seen it gifted to him at the tree of light and she was sure he had filled it with all sorts of valuable items. Valuable to him at least.

talk talk talk talk
the stars kiss her skin
K'yarie

@Arioch
Sorry for the crappy post!
Arioch
Currently championing:

The demon listened, his interest immediately doubled as she mentioned a few of his favourite things: Theft, priceless items, and manipulation. Arioch's grin spread ever farther, his lips peeling apart like a snake's might. "What sort of gentleman would I be to leave a lady in such a predicament? If it's a toy you want, then it's a toy you shall have." He all but purred. Although he couldn't extend an arm to her, as one might imagine a gentleman to do, he did sweep one wing elegantly away from his flank and extended it before him, offering the path ahead to her.

"Where might we find this acquaintance?" As his excitement grew, the outline of his body began to waver and grow less opaque, as if he was becoming a ghost. "Have you much experience with the fine art of item extraction?" He was not one to make assumptions, and certainly women possessed a myriad of traits that made stealing things incredibly easy. They could distract, woe, court or intimidate with just a look. His tactics were much the same, albeit he had to work a bit harder than a beautiful mare would.

ARIOCH

Image Credits
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
There were very few instances where she had hooked a target by telling the truth. But Aroich was completely into this. She had to do little to nothing to convince him to assist her in her crime. It was sheer luck that a stallion with such a nefarious soul had happened upon her. Luck, or fate. She did not question it as that velvet smile caressed her lips. No, she would not question. But she would not trust either.

When her willing conspirator gave a sweep of his wing she bowed her head and began to move. As she went passed him her shoulder brushed his, ever so slightly. "How gallant of you." She hummed. Her head cocked in interest when she caught his form changing, becoming fainter as he spoke. "I know where he tends to linger." She purred. Oh yes, she had always been able to track him down when she desired to do so. "I have stolen a fair share of items, and hearts over the years."

"Though he would suspect something from me, he will not expect me to acquire the assistance of another to steal that which is his. I can easily distract him, while you take his satchel."That wicked smile touched her lips once more. Oh yes. She could keep his full attention while this devilish stallion relieved him of his precious satchel. She glanced back toward him, her head angled downward, chin tucked close to her shoulder. "If you can make your form that faint when we encounter him, he will have a much harder time seeing you."

talk talk talk talk
the stars kiss her skin
K'yarie

@Arioch
Late, very late. >>
I'll archive this after you reply and then get the next thread started. ^^