This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
[SWP] we could be legends
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta

K I A D A
A GIRL HOLDS A GUN. FEARLESS.

It was a huge trek to get to the Rainforest Cliffs from the Siren's Summit. Yet, the duo managed to make it with fairly good time, and not really an understanding of just what a Forest Walker was. The Matron had mentioned that they were hard to find and dangerous and it still managed to make Kiada’s stomach churn with uncertainty. She felt especially on guard as the words reverberated in her mind, of making sure they didn’t catch them as well. Khairi remained on her back, unwilling to leave her unaware on the ground – yet the more the vulture thought of it, perhaps he had a better grasp of seeing the creatures if he were to take to the higher branches of the trees.

The unease sat heavily in her chest, but Khairi let her know of his plans as he helped her settle her face plate into place, and he took off to a higher branch as she expanded her armor to cover her top half. Then, after a few moments, she glanced to Rixen. “I’m not sure what we’re looking for but Khairi’s going to look from above and let me know if he sees anything up there.” He informed him with a small smile before looking ahead and sighing quietly as she willed her winged armor to spring open. The pale rose gold spines she wore along her own spine (it was actually a part of her, embedded into her own spine) expanded, puncturing small holes along her withers and down her back as it drew blood, but encased the rest of her body in spiked bladed feathers.

After a few moments of standing still, she summoned her magic, the animals springing to life along her back and helping cauterize the wounds opened by her bladed feathers that had been corrupted upon her entrance to the Rift. Then, when she felt alright to move again, she glanced up to Khairi as he moved to another branch and looked back over to Rixen. “Should we wait for more to show? Or get started?” She questioned, tilting her head slightly as she banished her flame magic as to not draw attention to them.

Kiada and @Rixen traveled together (okay'd by Yoko <3) She basically covers herself in all the armor she has, summons her magic to cauterize her wounds, and tries to figure out what to do next.

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Tola the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

"What is the difference between your light and a cancer?"

The voice was like a rusty bell caught in a blender. It had a bizarre musical quality beneath the layers of spine-shivering tones. Tola, who had no real business being near the cliffs and yet was, appeared from the shadows. As the light that filtered through the trees fell onto her body, the shadows seemed to emphasize the hollows and valleys that made up the topography of her aged form. She was all angles and sagging skin, crowned (literally) with a bed of leaves and twigs that homed a few hundred spiders. On her face they ran, their glowing bodies blinking like firefleis as they settled into her various nooks and crannies.

"EH?" Tola cackled, her one good eye bulging with cataracts and some sort of off-white fluid that dripped down her cheek. "PLENTY." She honked, not giving either of them time to answer. "But nothing of importance. You both spread thoughtlessly, for your own sakes." She concluded, a tendril of snot dancing between her lip and her flared nostrils as she stood, entirely crazy, staring at the pair.

tola

The world is full of monsters with friendly faces
& angels full of scars
Image Credits
Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N

I fell into stride alongside Kiada as we headed to the Rainforest Cliffs. It was a smooth journey. The wind in my mane and an opportunity to stretch my legs after swimming for so long were much appreciated. For the duration of our travels, my mind was occupied with what a Forest Walker was. What did one look like? How were we supposed to bring them our hope if we did not know how to identify them? These things would work themselves out, I reassured myself. As we approached and eventually entered the grove of tall trees, I slowed my pace. My hoofsteps became more deliberate and cautious, my ears flicking to and fro so that I might be able to hear the sounds of anything that approached us. I glanced up briefly as Khairi flew from Kiada’s shoulder and disappeared in the canopy of leaves. The mare remarked with a small smile in my direction that it was to get a better look at our surroundings, and I gave a nod of acknowledgement. The vulture had just finished helping Kiada put on her rose-tinted armor. This reminded me that I had no protection of my own. No magical powers, and most definitely no armor. I was completely exposed, vulnerable to the will of these so-called “Forest Walkers.” 

Or so I thought. Upon wishing that I too had a set of armor to protect me, the pendant that the Matron had given me unfolded. With a whir of gold and a clang of metal, I found myself outfitted in a set of golden armor that matched my helmet. I could not have been more surprised, but I managed to stifle the gasp in my throat.

The armor was a better surprise that I could ever have imagined, yet I played it off as if I had produced an entire gleaming set of armor from my delicate golden necklace a thousand times before. Now, without a doubt, I looked the part. Silently thanking the Matron again for the gift, I followed the black-and-gold mare as she started up again. "We ought to have a look around, and see what we can find. The Forest Walkers probably aren’t going to come looking for us.

But before Kiada could answer, the air was filled with a strange sound. The words were almost a completely different language in themselves. To my ears, the voice (if you could call it that) sounded like nails scraping on a chalkboard. It was a voice that made me wince upon hearing it, and one that I recognized. Sure enough, I turned to see an old grey mare wearing a crown of sharp branches upon her head. I had met her once before by Unwaritace, a burned tree in the west. Her one remaining eye bulged in its socket as it examined us. 

"I beg your pardon?" Was all that I could respond.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Aside from the three horses, the Rainforest is calm, and quiet. Not much more than usual stirs. A few birds caw, irritated by the grating interruption of Tola's voice, or perhaps the mere presence of equines.

But perhaps, the calm is deceptive. Perhaps that rustle is not as benign as something simply caused by the wind.

Yet, it is hard to find that which does not want to be found. It is hard to spot a creature so elusive some natives have never seen one, much less believe them to be real. What ever creeps among the trees..? Who knows, who knows, and maybe no one will.

Or perhaps you will know, but forget, and then die.

Whatever the case, with each passing second, your certainty grows:

something is watching you.
the Rift
life between worlds

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «

Explorer Kiada

K I A D A

She nodded when Rixen began to speak, agreeing with his statement. The Forest Walkers probably weren’t going to come for them, and the idea seemed to add a knot growing in her stomach at the uncertainty of what they were looking for and how the Matron had specifically acknowledged that they were dangerous creatures and to not get caught. She passed a sigh through her nostrils, offering her best smile to the now armored man beside her. “We look quite the pair, don’t we?” She tried to lighten the mood as she gestured with her armored head to his extended body armor.

But before she had much of a chance to do anything there was a horrible sound, grating and sharp and making no sense. Her head whipped around to the source, spotting a clearly unhealthy creature with something crawling over her face and body. A shiver was sent down her spine as she opened her mouth to reply. “We… what?” She stammered as she was cut off by Tola again. Her ears flickered in uncertainty.

There was a change in the air, however, and Khairi surveyed from the tree tops passing information through their bond. She couldn’t see anything, neither could Khairi – but the feeling that they were being watched began to make Kiada stand on the defensive. “Something’s here.” She breathed, ducking her head lower to her chest and activating the blades on the top of her faceplate – the sharp points glowing in a teal flame.

i love Tola omg <3 Kiada basically is confused and then feels that something is watching them and takes a defensive stance!

@Tola @Rixen

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
This one swept through the forest on quick legs; a lithe movement that belied the relative bulk of her frame. She—if, indeed, such a thing had a gender—was top-heavy, yet built for the confines of her forest home. Roots and rocks and gullies and hillocks were of no concern to her; with ease, she could take them at nearly full speed. The long tendrils upon her back glowed faintly in the dark beneath the canopy.

She was hunting. Her kind almost always were. They were ambush predators and picky eaters, disinclined to take too many risks. Their strengths lay in their powers, their weakness in their thin, transparent skin. They had little in the way of natural armor, and relied on surprise attacks.

But, picky as they were with their targets, their choices were also, at times, limited. She knew that; her gut, rather empty, knew that. Not many creatures wandered into the dark depths of the Rainforest, where the shadows pulsed and boomed and bloomed like the Portal's, and the neon eyes flickered in the trees. It was an uncanny place to others; home, to her.

So the three horses were a welcome intrusion, but she couldn't take them all alone. Too risky.

So, she screamed—a harsh, shrill sound, piercing the heavy near-silence. A black cloud left her mouth, drifting into the clearing, but she was fairly certain it would disperse and lose its potency before reaching them. Stunning them wasn't her reason for crying out anyway.

She did it to gather the hunt.
the Rift
life between worlds

The Walker remains out of sight, but has released a (at this distance, probably harmless) cloud of black toxin. The toxins cause amnesia and 'disconnect' you from your body. She's called out their location to the other walkers nearby, so they're gathering for a pony hunt. ;)

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
Explorer Kiada

K I A D A

There wasn’t much time for conversation after that strange feeling crested across their gathering. Khairi, remaining in the trees, continued to survey the world around them. Even he didn’t spot the Walker that approached and remained within their general direction. It wasn’t close and she felt a bit of comfort at that – but it was near; enough so that the girl felt a strange crawling sensation under her skin. She shivered, her armor plates clinking against each other as her ears perked to listen for any hint of attack.

Then there was a scream. Her mouth parted for a brief moment, icy eyes surveying the dark forests around them with those unique glowing eyes in every corner. Khairi took to the skies to try and get a better look, surveying the area where the scream had come from. He didn’t see anything except for the remnants of a dispersing black cloud. “Run.” He passed through the bond, immediately Kiada lifted her head to the duo that accompanied her – no longer caring about the old woman alongside them. “We need to run, perhaps together so we can have each other’s back.” She mentioned to the two of them, though more toward Rixen. Her eyes landed on Tola, then, tilting her head slightly. “Do you know anything about the Forest Walkers?” She questioned, trying to get them to run with her as she picked up her hooves and started at a sprint in the direction away from the call.

sorry to skip but I figured it'd help it along :3 Kiada basically asks them to run as a pack, and asks Tola if she knows anything about the Walkers.

@Tola @Rixen

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N

Kiada looked just as surprised as I was by the sudden appearance of Tola, matted and malnourished. If the old woman had crept up on us that easily, then certainly a Forest Walker could spring upon us without any warning. Thankfully, I had a little extra protection from my armor, though there was no telling how much force it might withstand. These things crossed my mind as I awaited an answer from Tola, but the grey mare was unable say, or rather babble, anything more in response to my question, before Kiada alerted us to the presence of something - or someone - else. Was it a Forest Walker? There was no way to tell. I didn’t even know what one looked like.

I sensed a radical shift in our surroundings, although I couldn’t quite place it. I looked around, as if I might be able to spot what it was that made me feel so uneasy, despite knowing full well that I was not going to find anything. Even if I could not see anything else among the trees, I could not shake the feeling that we were being watched. My emerald gaze flicked from Kiada to Tola, trying to gauge what they thought we should do. 

The scream tore through the trees like a great shard of glass. It made the hair strand straight up all along my body beneath its golden shield. It was the loudest, most piercing sound I had ever heard, perhaps even worse than the sound of Tola. And that was saying something. I was just beginning to wonder if we were just being overly cautious. As if! 

"That’s not a bad idea." I agreed in somewhat of a deadpan voice, too distracted with the situation at present to really think about my delivery. My words were definitely not intended to be received in a mocking way. Quickly moving toward Tola, I aimed to shove the elderly mare in the direction we were headed. You know, just in case she was too old and crazy to respond fast enough herself. We couldn't leave her there.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
They began to run.

Good. She wanted them to trip on the treacherous roots, break their dainty little bones with a snap as they stepped in a hole they hadn't seen—she wanted to see that glassy stare in their eyes as oblivion took their minds but left their bodies warm for the feast.

She ran after them, lithe and silent, an otherworldly, alien hunter. A few of her kin had been nearby; two males suddenly flanked her, and the three of them tore after the horses.
the Rift
life between worlds

» Presence of the Rift «

Explorer Kiada

K I A D A

She dashed through the trees, hopping over the fallen logs and roots that threatened to reach out and snare her legs as her anxiety and adrenaline pushed her through. She felt and heard Rixen beside her, and after a few moments of contemplating what she could do, she saw the white shadow of her companion as he flew ahead of them. “None in front, three behind.” He offered her as information. Terror began to lace its way through Kiada’s chest, her armor clanking with each movement of her body as it pushed and pulled to carry her through the rainforest.

Suddenly, a thought hit her, and Kiada slowed slightly. Her icy eyes moved toward Rixen, a hint of sorrow laced within them before it was gone. “I have an idea.” She announced to them, “keep running, I’ll catch up.” The young Harpy panted as she stopped running and turned to face the three Walkers. In the space between her and where the Forest Walkers were nearly to her, she summoned three small fire tornados. They swirled and burned with a crackling rage, sparking white smoke up into the sky where they singed the earth and leaves around them. They grew slightly larger until there was a small wall of flame separating her and the other equines from where the Walkers hunted.

With a shake of her head, her headpiece ignited, the teal-black flame licking against the razor sharp blades. “We’re here to spread Hope!” She called out into the Rainforest, and as if on cue, she nudged her orb of light toward the wall of flame, lowering it slightly in the hopes that the orb would spread to the Walkers. And there she stood, her top half covered in blades and flames licking out from underneath the armor. She glanced back to see if Rixen had stopped and joined her, even if she didn’t want him to. This was their chance to offer them hope – and she hoped that the magic she used would show them that they could fight back too.

Kiada tries to offer the Walkers Hope!

@Tola @Rixen

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,