This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» In The Deep
Open Siren's Summit 
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
( I'm assuming everyone swims back to the shore, let me know otherwise!)

The matriarch had seen—and felt—the hope as it was rekindled. It had swept through the lake, and while the surface had muted much of the blaze, for a moment it had still radiated up on the shore. She had smiled, then, content in the knowledge that her own faith had not been misplaced. They, along with that wicked deity of theirs, had been chosen to restore hope.

One by one, they returned to surface, paddling back to shore. Taivas, collapsing, but Kiada and Roscorro both there to offer her support; Waker, smelling of fresh blood, with K'yarie sharing her warmth and strength with him. Rixen, Aurelia, and Otem. The matriarch smiled at them all, and the little vulviper wriggled happily into the shallows. It smiled, clearly pleased with the change in the waters. "You're awesome!" it chirped happily, disappearing beneath the waves.

The old Loricatrunc laughed, a deep sound, and then turned her dark, gentle eyes to the equines. "Well done," she said, "you were all very brave. Rest for a while, for there is more to be done. There are more who do not yet believe that hope is restored. We must bring it to them." A smile stretched across her wrinkled and lined face.

"There is the Magnus Metus of the Green Labyrinth; the Forest Walkers of the Rainforest Cliffs; and the Protector of the Pinnacle. As long as there's at least two of you, you should be alright, but it will not be easy. The Metus is always ravenous, so be careful, and the Walkers are hard to find—not to mention dangerous. Don't let them catch you. The Protector.. thinks much, speaks less, and values perception. I will await you on the beach, where we left the creatures of the deep."

Your success revealed a Hopelight on the banner! :O

There are THREE new tasks! You're welcome to split into groups of at least two characters. Decide the groups IC or OOC and then create one thread per task! The Rift Presence for the corresponding creature will post after about 48 hours of the thread being started. :)

The tasks are to bring hope to..
.. the Magnus Metus of the Green Labyrinth
.. the Forest Walkers of the Rainforest Cliffs
.. the Protector of the Pinnacle

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
The beautifully outlined face of black and white appears by the quivering and weak shaman, her starlit eyes looking up with relief and warmth as the girl offers her aid.  She recognizes her face, having seen it many times, but this is the first time Taivas had directly interacted with Kiada.  "No, thank you," she says softly.  "I just needed a moment."  Taking a deep breath, the painted girl rolls onto her knees.  From the corner of her eyes, she sees the hulking body of Roscorro walking toward her.

The first equine she met when arriving in the Rift, such a precious gift of a friend to have made on her first day here.  She smiles as she notices him hovering around, in case she needed help to stand.

The healer manages to stand on quaking legs, her eyes glancing around the gathering to make sure everyone was accounted for on the beach.  Her dark eyes linger on Waker, who is already being tended to by a mare painted like the night sky.  There is no outward change of appearance, not even the slightest hint of emotion on her face, but inwardly  something is stirred.

She does not know well enough how to label the emotion.

Instead, her attention is turned to the Matron as she speaks, providing instructions for their next excursion to bring hope to the land.  She describes the areas and targets to deliver the light to, and Taivas nods along silently.  "I will go to the Pinnacle."

Without much warning or waiting for the others to decide, the starry eyed maiden unfurls her wings and launches herself easily into the air, heading toward the peak far in the distance.
So seize the day 'Cause you have come so far
Watched a million frowns turn into smiles
Lost all track of time Felt the energy of a million stars
You'll feel love again after the rain
Taivas
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
otem
Trouble is as a trouble does, when it's on a troubled mind
Reasons come and reasons will go when the blind are followin' the blind

Her actions seem to have little effect on the siren, but luckily she wasn't the only one in attendance. A brilliant light suddenly beamed around her and the siren's bent on attacking seemed to pacify immediately, and swim away.

Wha- Otem opened her mouth to say, realized her mistake, and closed her lips around the briney water.

Back on shore, Otem listened to the next task the Matriarch set them too, immediately mentally shying away from the thought of meeting the Metus again. But ... perhaps he would be kinder to her, knowing that they had met once before?

Or would he instead merely crave her blood?

"I've met the Magnus before..I can go and see him." She offered shakily.

Image Credits

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

Our task completed, I joined the other horses in swimming back to the shore. Relief washed over me as my antlered head broke the water’s surface. The first thing that I did as the adrenaline wore off was take several large breaths of air. In, out, in out. I was alive. And breathing. I’d managed to escape the siren’s malicious fangs unharmed. With any luck the sirens would no longer be a threat, now that they shared our hope.   

Waker, on the other hand, was not so lucky. He stood with his head hung on the yellow sand some distance away from me, the darker, starry mare examining him carefully. The dripping red was barely visible against his inky pelt, but I had witnessed the siren's attack and I knew it was there. It came from a large, bleeding gash on the stallion’s neck were the siren had bitten him. The wound was a lasting reminder of the events that had just taken place. A physical wound, but an internal reminder of struggle and victory. 

Knowing that I could be of no help to Waker, and assured that he was alive and breathing alright, I turned my attention to the Matron in time to hear that there was more to be done. I listened as she gave the names of places and many creatures that were unfamiliar to me. Taivas and Otem announced they would each be going to the Pinnacle and the Green Labyrinth, respectively. Nodding my head to show the Matron that I accepted her task, I was the next horse to announce which task I would take on. "I will go to the Rainforest Cliffs." I volunteered, looking around to see who else might want to accompany me.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
Kiada nodded to Roscorro as he approached both her and Taivas. The pegasus told Kiada that she just needed a moment and that she didn’t need help, to which Kiada offered her a gentle nod, understanding. After a few moments, the Matron spoke to them all, giving them another series of tasks – breaking up into groups and facing other creatures. The Metus was one she could avoid again, the strange creature sending an uneasy feeling on her chest. The Forest Walkers were something that piqued her interest, and the Protector was another she was curious about. Yet, she refrained from going there. She waited for a moment as others announced where they were headed.

Taivas would go to the Protector, Otem, the young child, offered her help to the Metus, and Rixen offered his attention to the Forest Walkers. Nodding quietly along, Kiada glanced toward Rixen with a small smile before looking to the Matron. “I will go to the Rainforest Cliffs with Rixen.” She offered, glancing back over to the antlered man with another smile before heading to stand by his side so they could leave together should they wish.

"Talk."
Kiada
mama, i hope you get this
know the bed is warm and our hearts are cold
know never have i been better.

image | coding

Kiada's going to the Forest Walkers with @Rixen! <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Waker
Currently championing:
But you're not as alone as you think you are.

Companion pieces to your Hope hover by you, deceptively similar yet feeling very different. You decide to ignore them. You've had enough for now. You want to hide away, go to sleep, examine your bruised body and soul in a place of peace and quiet. You want to soak in the bitter loneliness, to feel something all the way to your marrow if only for a moment—you've held so much at bay, and now that you're feeling again, you don't want to stop.

But the black mare steps onto the shore next to you, and the stray orbs return to her. Without further ado she leans close to you, pressing her wet flank against yours. Beneath the clammy surface of wet hair you're both warm, and pressed together like that, it spreads through your cold skin. "I healed the worst of it," you respond. Your emotions aren't sure what to do with themselves anymore. Part of you is still craving that bitter isolation, but more than that, it's like you're just very tired and confused. It makes you sound a bit dead, actually.

"I'll be alright, but thank you for asking." The words are unwieldy in your jaws, but you get them out anyway.

And the matron lays three new tasks before you. For a moment, you glare at her, and her entourage of colorful, frightening beasts. Couldn't they do this themselves?!

But you already know the answer to that one. Hope chose you guys, for better or for worse.

"I will go to the Pinnacle," Taivas declares, and in her usual fashion, she's just gone. You're left staring at her pale body as it disappears in the sky. You could just have taken off after her, but you don't feel perceptive. You feel sad and angry.

You don't say anything about where you're going, you just try to catch K'yarie's gaze for a moment, a silent thanks, before turning and trudging north. The Labyrinth is the closest, and you kind of feel like getting eaten by a monster. It suits your mood.
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
Roscorro
Taivas disappeared in a flurry of feathers, while Kiada announced that she would venture towards the jungles. He wanted to go with them, but he felt called to another place. He had offered the Magnus Metus hope once before, but the hunter had refused the light. Still, the stallion refused to give up. He would help the silent hunter find warmth and hope. It was the least he could do after fighting him. So, soaked and weary, the stallion walked. He noted another moving in the same direction as the maze and angled his path towards them. He did not know Waker's name, nor would he be able to ask at this time. But he was glad to have another horse beside him. He did not wish to enter the labyrinth alone again. Head held low, wings heavy and sodden, he plodded on. Thoughts of his previous encounter with the Metus danced in his mind and his still fresh scars itched. Would they have as much of a fight on their hands as they had with the sirens? He looked to the sullen Pegasus who still bleed from his wound in his neck. Would they survive if they were attacked? With those happy thoughts running through his brain, Roscorro plowed onward, careful to never lose Waker or anyone else that may follow.

talk talk talk

ooc: Roscorro will be heading for the Green Labyrinth.
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though.