This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The king is dead.
Open Solanis 
Raein
Currently championing:
I wished impossible things on blue stars that never came true
Vibrant leaves protrude from every corner and crevice, every trunk and branch.  My eyes are darting uncertainly from place to place, as if uncertain which brightly colored plant needs my most immediate attention.

I had been through Solanis briefly before, meeting Kisamoa and being given the ball of hope which clings desperately to my side.  Then, the forest was just awakening from a brutal winter, and the colors were dulled by the sheer lack of life between the trees.  Now, however, the area was overrun by a kaleidoscopic mixture of life.  The effect was nearly dizzying.

Humidity clings in the harsh summer air as well, drawing out streams of sweat from my golden form and resting uncomfortably on my skin.  I think about the last summer I experienced that was this uncomfortable, though it had little to do with the weather.

I had just been thrust into a position of power to replace Cyphre.  Unfortunately, I felt the unending pressure from my father to fill the hole left gaping in his chest and failing at every attempt.  I was not a soldier before that summer.  I was not a part of the family.  I was not good at speaking.  I was not well trained.  I was not used to being so close to others.  I existed, a sore reminder of all he had lost, a thorn in his side, and the weight of it all was left upon my shoulders.

If only he knew how suffocating it was.  Not that it would matter.

My thoughts drift along the unpleasant stream, as my eyes collect all sorts of sights and try to categorize them neatly and become familiar with their strange appearances.  I had to adjust my life once more; however, being usurped by a whole new universe was somehow easier than my previous adjustments.  I had no expectations to meet.  I had no places to fill.

I could be whoever I was here.
As scary as that thought could be, I actually felt relieved.

The weight carried on my shoulders since the day Cyphre's head was delivered home had been lifted.  I could breathe, despite the humid air, despite the choking heat, and despite the unfamiliar world I landed in.
""
RAEIN.

[ ooc -- @Requiem

Sorry this is so bad, ali.  I tried  ;-;  I'll leave it open, but let me know if you would prefer it to be private.  <3  ]