This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Checkpoint: Alpha
Open The Pinnacle 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
Otem was open to her suggestion of Halyven, and it caused the young woman to offer a thankful smile to the pegasus girl. She caught Roscorro’s own nod of approval and happiness settled in her chest at the success of her idea. But then after a few moments, Rixen began to speak. Her head shifted toward the antlered man curiously, listening as his ideas spread across the group as well. He mentioned of what to do in case of emergency and Kiada tilted her head curiously. She, too, was wondering what would happen if someone required immediate action. After a few moments of contemplation, she opened her mouth to speak, but before she could, she heard Otem speak to something. Was it the charm hanging around her neck? What – or who – was she speaking to?

After a few moments, a strange voice emitted from the necklace and Kiada’s ears pinned back as the shrieking ensued. Her head pulled into her chest for a brief moment, listening to the mocking sound as best she could, catching Otem’s apologetic glance before a more familiar voice crashed over them. Her ears lifted and her eyes widened as she stared at the trinket around Otem’s neck. “The Mountain That Knows?” She breathed, tilting her head in uncertainty. She recognized the voice, knew who it belonged to. But that large mare hadn’t crossed into the Rift, had she? The mare had offered her helpful advice once upon a time, and Kiada felt herself wanting to shift closer to Otem to ask about it, but before she could, she listened to the words with a frown crossing her lips.

It was true, nobody had delegated tasks or responsibilities. As Otem spoke, she nodded to her. “I’m willing to help anyone who needs it.” She offered quietly. “I was training to be a healer before we left Helovia. I can try and find some useful things here and we can convene in Halyven to find places to put the items?” She added, the young woman offering up her services as best she could if they were to be a herd one day. At least in their meeting place, having some healing salves and herbs couldn’t hurt, especially with all the things the Rift tended to throw at them.

"Talk."
Kiada
she had a wild, wandering soul
but when she loved, she loved with chaos
and that made all the difference.

image | coding

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Waker
Currently championing:
You are out of your depth—not necessarily because you're young, but because your world keeps cracking at the foundation. You can almost hear it, almost feel it, like the thunder rumbling in your veins, but this one is accompanied by nightmares and death. It's like the last vestiges of your childhood, whatever had survived the wailers, dies in that moment.

You're with a group of strangers, in a sick, warped world, on top of a mountain split down the middle and emitting a blue light so bright you can't see anything but the light.

And you're all just trying to survive. You're all just trying to find your footing.

Something grates on your mind, pounds around inside your skull; a thought you're close to catching, but can't quite pin down. Frustrated, you bow your head, and begin to rub the side of it against your left knee. It's so close, that stupid bit of information, something about the whole idea of a herd and how or why they aren't one, meetings—

While you're busy fretting, trying to rattle whatever it is into focus, they decide to meet at the ruined castle instead. Every half moon. But how does the moon's phases work here? Grateful for the cover of your bent neck, you open your mouth and peel back your lips in frustration. It's brief, but it counts as baring your small fangs, and you hope no one notices. You want to take a time-out, but the Rift won't wait for you.

"Maybe you should leave trails of BREADCRUMBS TO FOLLOW," a new voice starts, a sound so shocking and grating that you whip your head up and hop backwards. Startled, you stare at Otem, because that's where the cutting voice is coming from. It goes on, and, dumb with confusion and wonder, you just stare. There's only bizarre not-ideas coming from the small charm. But then, it suddenly changes, becomes an academic voice, scholarly; not wise in the ways of elders, but wise in the way of knowledge. Pure, raw facts, without sentiment attached.

“The Mountain That Knows?” Kiada asks next to you. You have no idea what she's talking about, and simply mutter, "sounds handy but hard to carry around". But, it brought up good points, and Otem seized onto them, and you're so close to figuring out what the fuck it is sitting on your tongue.

But you don't. It's there, mocking you, something like, but shouldn't we stay together? and not split again? isn't that how you protect others?. Not even Kiada's mention of this Helovia again, or being a healer-in-training, catches your attention. To be honest, what you feel like doing is repeatedly hitting yourself in the face with a wing, but you don't.

In the end, you say, voice kind of subdued, the only thing you can say. "I, too, will help."
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

Otem, who appeared just as perplexed as I was at my own question, turned to her necklace. I had seen its magic once before, when I first met the ram-horned mare by the decaying spires in the east. Thinking back to the event, I remembered the oak leaf's magic worked in such a way where the charm was able to respond when Otem called upon it. It was the charm - and not Otem - who had answered my questions about the Rift and Kisamoa, though that was not to say that I hadn't immensely appreciated her help. Although, if I recalled correctly, the voice that had first replied with a shrill sound that made me wince, harsh and corrosive in tone, before transforming into the gentle and knowing voice of worldly wisdom. Such an item must come in handy in times like this. How nice it must be to have a charm to consult for guidance. I would certainly like to have one like it, if I could. As Otem awaited an response, I wondered if the same, sardonic voice would answer the girl this time.

Sure enough, the same thing happened as before. The burgundy mare’s inquiry was met with an angry caterwaul that pierced the quiet air. Well, it would be nice to have a charm like Otem’s, if I didn’t have to endure the same sort of scolding lecture. Hopefully that was not a quality universal among all talking charms. Poor Otem. I felt bad, seeing her wince, presumably embarrassed at the acerbic voice. Whoever spoke from the necklace could not lash out with flying hooves, but her words packed a powerful punch. It was a sound that was very unpleasant to my ears, and certainly much worse for her as the primary target of the charm's scathing words. As Otem looked around at us apologetically, I met her gold-and-burgundy gaze with a sympathetic look. 

Then the mocking laughter stopped. Like I had witnessed before, it was replaced by a gentler, more rational voice. Indeed, it was the same voice that first told me of the Rift and of Kisamoa. Apparently Kiada knew who the voice belonged to, for I heard her breathe the name as one voice faded away and another began. Of course, it was not a title I knew. I breathed a sigh of relief at the conclusion of the screeching that reverberated in my ears like a clap of thunder, and relief that Otem’s humiliation was over. Listening to what knowledge the charm now had to offer, I realized that she brought up good points, and nodded along in agreement. What was the purpose of a herd if we did not all agree to work together and help each other? The formation of a herd was set upon a foundation of trust, loyalty, and commitment to one another. If we could not agree to these things to begin with, well, we might as well forget about half-moon meetings or emergencies altogether. Not that we could call ourselves a herd yet, but we certainly could not become one (assuming that was the direction that we were headed) without a pledge to one another first. The voice of the oaken charm was right. 

When at last the voice said no more, Otem turned to us. Adhering to the guidance of the voice, she asked for our allegiance. Slowly, horses began to pledge their commitment. I had not said much since asking about what we should do in the event of an emergency, instead watching and listening whilst trying to think of what to make of it all. Without a doubt, I wanted to be a part of this alliance, or whatever we were to refer to ourselves as if not a herd. Following the others’ lead, I did not hesitate in my answer. As soon as Waker was finished speaking, I began. "Whenever and wherever you need me, I will come to your aid. You have my word." My voice was unwavering, with a dip of my antlers in Otem’s direction. Though my emerald gaze fell upon Otem, the words I spoke were intended for all of the horses who stood in the circle. Something in my gut told me that this was what I should do. I should trust these horses, and in turn they could trust me. For how could they rely upon me, if I did not make myself vulnerable and rely upon them, too? This was the right choice - for me and for all of us. I was sure of it. The life of a vagabond was growing old. In fact, such a life was one I no longer desired. It didn't suit me. It was time for change. An optimistic smile crept across my velvet lips. 

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
Roscorro
Long lashes blinked in surprise as Otem's necklace began to shriek. it hadn't done that before. As quickly as it was condescending it turned thoughtful, offering helpful words rather than hurtful one. Everything came down to the fact that without a pact of loyalty of some sort, one that was honored, this whole thing would collapse. Which was very true. Though this was not a herd, like he wished for it to be, it was a start. As they banded together to support and aid one another, sharing their knowledge and advancing their goal of bring hope to the world, perhaps a herd would grow. Maybe in the end this little ragtag group would form into the herd he was hoping for. As disorganized and shaky as it was now, he believed that it could stand strong if they worked together.

Though the question of how they would know when someone needed aid had not been entirely answered, he was not too concerned. Everything did not have to be figured out immediately. In time someone might come up with an effective way to get news to everyone. At this point it was all trial and error. He had faith that it would advance and grow as they came together every half-moon to share what they learned. So long as everyone stayed true to their word. He gave a bow of his head to indicate that he too would pledge his loyalty to this little group. On the half-moon he would be at their designated meeting place. He wondered who else would show. Having thrown his lot in with these horses, he looked to Otem for any more instruction. He was eager to get going and begin the work.

talk talk talk
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
this new air feels hard to breathe, is this how it's supposed to be?
if sweet dreams are made of these then why can't I be sure?

Otem felt her entire world begin to swim as Kiada mentioned the four little words that unmistakably meant her mother. The Mountain that Knows. "Yes," Otem breathed, as if not daring to say more for fear of dislodging whatever memory Kiada was experiencing. In that moment the sap and soil coloured mare simply wanted to lay down and rest her head on the memory of her mother. She would let the amulet do all the talking if only it would promise to answer only in Isopia's voice. But instead of crumpling to her knees as she longed to do, Otem made herself stand a touch straighter, nodding as Kiada offered to gather materials and store them in Halyven.

"That will be really helpful. " Otem agreed, letting whatever feelings of misgiving she had felt against Kiada earlier waft away from her. Other than Isopia's voice, Kiada was the only thing here that was from home, and Otem wouldn't let her youthful and easily-bruised feelings get in the way of that.

Glancing toward Waker, unsure of what it was his first comment was meant to refer to (mountains being hard to carry? Or... the breadcrumbs? Or something else entirely?), she nodded with relief as he too pledged himself to the cause. However it was Rixen's offer of fealty that really seemed to solidify that they were doing something. That they were something.

And that made Otem feel good.

The giant Roscorro, still without voice, nodded his head and Otem could only assume that meant he was in as well. Pride and the naive enthuisiasm and optimism of youth bubbles brightly in Otem's chest, rising up through her throat and exploding as a wide smile across her lips. "Okay then!" She began, her voice shaky with the joy and excitement she was trying to hold back.

"Next half moon we meet in Halyven. Until then, look out for one another...and if you find anything useful, bring it back to Halyven as Kiada suggested. "

Image credits

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.