This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I don't care about sunny days.
RP Wanted The Portal 
Lohengrin
Currently championing:
I've got myself trapped in the black of your heart
An imposing form moved purposefully through the smoke; a giant among shadows, towering over the jealous leering eyes that watched him pass through the murk of the forest. The soft lilting song of bells followed the traveller, a gentle and cheerful foil to the cruel and merciless landscape. For a moment, he paused and the music ceased after a moment of unsoundly clangor. A fork of lightning illuminated the wood for the hair's breadth of a moment, uncloaking the vagabond of the darkness that enveloped him. The light revealed a rough-looking, wind-tossed sort with a dark wet coat that may have been a pleasant golden color if it had been dry. He bore an engraved harness that was slick with rain, all hung with bright little bells. Two lethal-looking horns rose from his noble profile (if his Roman nose could be called that) like twin thorns, glittering gold in the flash. The slow drag of his breath caused the shock of whiskers sprouting from the soft skin of his nose (perhaps the only soft thing about him) to quiver erratically, as if they were electrified themselves. And as soon as the lightning lit up the skies, the darkness claimed him once more, casting the dark shroud of night over his world-weary body. He sighed heavily, perhaps more out of frustration than exhaustion, and continued on his pathless way, not entirely convinced about the choices that brought him to this strange and wicked place.

Please excuse the rusty post! I'm getting used to him haha.

Here are his thingss:

Magic: Knowledge - Can communicate with birds.
Enchanted item: Four golden horseshoes that will stay on his hooves no matter what.
Normal item: Leather harness engraved to look like wood, attached with bells that jingle softly as he moves.
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
The large stallion had always favored the darkness. He had been born in the dark, cast down into the world of shadows by his parents. He lived, slept, and breathed within the blackness of the caves that ran beneath his kingdom like a giant labyrinth. Even when he entered the Rift he had been cloaked in the night. For six years the only light he had ever known was the flames the others used to light the main portion of his prison where he was allowed to interact with the guards, servants, and his surrogate mother. I was not until he came to the Rift that he truly knew the light of the sun.

It had been a miraculous thing to behold. A warm ball of light and fire that shone in the sky high above. Like the flame of a giant torch that moved across the heavens. He had only heard of trees, rain, snow, and fog. All he had ever known was stone, wet, damp, cold, and dark. He was filled with awe and wonder every moment he spent within this world. Everything that others found familiar and routine was new and excited to the stallion. He savored the feeling of soft grass beneath his hooves. The way the heat seemed to cause the air to swim in the distance. The simple twinkle of a star or touch of the breeze. Even as the rain pelted him and the lightning flashed he found himself filled with a child-like glee.

Smoke and rain mixed together as he moved through the darkness. His claws digging into the moist mud. He did not mind the strange sensation as the mud squelched between his fingerlike toes. In fact, he quite enjoyed it. It was far more preferable than hard, unforgiving stone all the time. Beside him his piece of hope floated along. Its dim light wavering in the rain. As the lightning flashed across the sky, it lit the world instantly. The darkness fled from the light, leaving the stallion standing in stark contrast against the forest around him. His orange horns, spines and scales glittered in the fleeting light, like fire that refused to be extinguished by the falling droplets of water.

His pelt, slick with water, shone nearly black when it was in fact a dark brown. His white and black mane clung to his neck in clumps as his long hairy tail swayed, casting drops of water this way and that. He was massive beast that moved through the forest with an unsettling silence. His eyes, grey and stormy like the sky above, took in the world before it fell into darkness once more. He could have sworn that he had seen someone not far ahead. "Hello?" His rich voice reached out, somehow seeming to carry over the sounds of the storm despite the fact that he had not yelled. Projecting like that of a captain used to being heard over the chaos of the sea.
"Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Lohengrin
Currently championing:
Amidst the rain and thunder, the lone traveller heard a call echo through the wood. White-rimmed ears swivelled with uncertainty as they attempted to locate the direction of the voice. He had not encountered another soul in who-knows-how-long, and justifiably felt a bit wary to meet anyone who haunted dark forests in the night, conveniently forgetting that this stranger may very well think the same thing about him. For a moment, he wondered if he should even reply; however, it occurred to him that whomever had called out already sensed his presence, so it was useless (or even dangerous) to feign ignorance. Perhaps he was being cynical, or even worse--paranoid. Why should he assume that anyone doing the exact same thing as he was doing had ill intentions? Plus, if they sought to harm him, why would they be making their presence known in such a conspicuous manner?

With purposeful indiscretion, Lohengrin snorted out rainwater from his nostrils. He paused once more, trying to discern the stranger from the hundreds of little lights that dotted the shadows. After a moment of squinting into the night, he caught a shadow much bigger than the others--so big in fact that it seemed to loom over him. Now, although the traveller had seen his fair share of years and had walked more miles than nearly anyone he knew, but in all the miles his hooves had covered and all the cities he had once prowled, he had only met four beasts larger than himself: his three brothers, and a legendary gladiator in the Fighting Pits who they called the Mountain, but only in whispers. All four of these creatures had beaten him smartly in combat, and when he had fought with the latter, he had nearly lost his life. With this fact in mind, Lohengrin eyed the shadow warily, tensed muscles tracing taut lines beneath his wet skin, ready to fight or flee or what-have-you.

In case the stranger had not heard him, Lohengrin called out into the night. "Hail," he replied, doubting that his hoarse, barely used voice was any match for the summer storm that raged on about them. He couldn't remember the last time that he had spoken to anyone; perhaps it was better that way.
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The portal smokes from the direction of which you came, the tendrils licking out in the darkness as it races to reach you. Once it does, it crawls across your back, touching in a surprisingly gentle caress as it subtly touches and changes your magic and your magic item. When it’s finished, it recoils, returning back to the darkness where it came, leaving you behind with all items and magic in tact other than the slight changes.
the Rift

| ACCEPTANCE NOTES : Lohengrin |

Magic:
Knowledge: Can communicate with birds, but doing so makes him thirsty.
The Rift slightly changes your magic.

Items:
Offensive: Four golden horseshoes that stay on his hooves no matter what, but squeak when he walks.
The tendrils touch and change the horseshoes.

Normal item transfers fine! Just link it to this post in your profile :) The Rift changed your magic and your enchanted item a bit, if you don’t want the changes you can trial to have it fixed! <3
» Presence of the Rift «

ROSCORRO
Had the giant known of the other's thoughts, he would have been amused. They were but two souls caught in a midnight storm. Unfortunate and alone. He had just as much right to be concerned about the traveler's intentions, especially having seen what he had within the rift. Things were not always as they seemed. A small, insignificant looking creature could posses enough power to level a mountain. He had learned to treat carefully around that which he did not know, though he had never lost his pleasantness or child-like fascination of all that is new. He looked towards every encounter with another equine as a chance to make another friend. Though he was not so foolish as to think that all were kind hearted wanderers. He knew all to well the cruelty that could lay within the hearts of others. And so he had chosen to hail the other rather than slip up to him in the dark and the rain. He knew they were there, now they knew he knew. If they were of the unsavory ilk.

Having seen movement of the other he had a general idea of their location, though they could have moved on. But the voice soon proved that they had stopped when he had called out to them. The sound was faint and hoarse, as if the voice had not been used in a long time. But his long ears did indeed pick it out from the hiss of the rain. A small smile traced his lips. He moved forward a step, wishing to lessen the distance so he could hear the other without coming too close. No sense putting either of them within the other's personal space. Best to keep things at a comfortable distance until they both had a chance to gauge the other. Though it was rather difficult to get a reading on another in this rain. "Ho there! Quite a miserable night to be out for a stroll isn't it?" He said in amusement. "Do you seek shelter? If so I know a place where one can dry their bones." He had seen the large tree in one of his other visits here and was certain he could find it again. He moved a step closer, his head cocking in curiosity as he looked to the other for an answer. He could now see a distinct shape darker than the world around him.

He lifted his head, nostrils flaring. Water streamed down his body, running with his muscles and scales. Another flash of lighting forked across the sky. The world was thrown in stark contrast as light and shadow seemed to fight for supremacy. It was in this brief light that the two wanderers were revealed. Again his spines and scales glittered like fire. The orange feathers upon his wings seemed to glow like embers as the true magnificence of the giant was revealed. Stormy eyes would look upon the other in the short span of light, taking in the equally massive wanderer, gauging his reaction before the world grew dark. It was very likely that the traveler would see him as a threat, even more so now that he had gazed upon his visage.

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding
Lohengrin
Currently championing:
Through the rain, Lohengrin saw the other's silhouette drawing ever closer. He could make out the faint outline of giant wings curving over a powerful frame, reddish in the faint light. The stranger paused several lengths away from him; quite a respectful distance, he noted, although he wouldn't let his guard down quite yet. White rimmed ears flicked forwards as the other spoke, considering each word carefully. Curiosity bloomed into skepticism on the buckskin's face, and the ears curved away in contemplation. "Yes," he said hesitantly, although it was unclear exactly which question he was answering. Lightning split the sky in twain once more, momentarily illuminating the other. Golden eyes beheld a behemoth of a creature, neither horse nor dragon but some strange amalgamation of the two. In a subtle motion--although not too subtle as to avoid being noticed by a practiced eye--Lohengrin tilted his head downwards so that his twin horns aligned with the hybrid's neck.

He did not notice the tendrils of dark smoke caressing his very soul, but he did notice the sounds his shoes made when he inadvertently leaned back onto his hind hooves. "What in Mercy's name--" the wanderer cursed, momentarily taking his eyes off the dragon-kind and peering out into the darkness beyond. He stomped a giant forehoof, and was dismayed to hear the very same sound--a queer sound like two wet trunks rubbing against one another. Lohengrin glanced back up at the stranger, eyes narrowing suspiciously. His shoes had been all but silent just a moment ago--was this some kind of prank the other was playing on him, some kind of intimidation tactic? Perhaps the stranger was a trickster spirit,
meaning to steal his eyeballs or something. "What is the meaning of this?" he demanded brusquely, taking a step backwards (causing his shoes to squeak quite comically in the process) and curling his head even lower in an even less subtle defensive display. "What is this place and what are your intentions with me?"

If this rocky and winding road of a life had taught Lohengrin anything, it was to trust no-one and nothing. He had escaped many confrontations by the skin of his teeth many times, and not just by simple luck.

sorry for the delay -- i got sidetracked by computer issues @_@
@Roscorro
ROSCORRO
The stranger gave a single answer, though to which question he was not sure. Then the stallion felt a shift in the air, the same presence he had felt before had returned. But instead of caressing his skin and stealing his magic, it focused on the wanderer. Then a strange sound filled the air, causing his ears the fly forward. The other's exclamation told him that it was not normal. When the world lit up he was not surprised by the large male's reaction towards him, the way he blamed him for the strange sound. Each step reminded him a lot like a strange duck that he had heard over head before.  

It would be comical, if it hadn't freaked the other out so much. At his accusatory tone the Clydesdale merely remained calm, his lips slumping into a frown. "The Rift." He began. "That is what this place is called. A world between worlds. It has a habit of, messing with those newly entered into the land. I had once been able to keep others warm, and this land took it. Though it never modified anything physical to those I have met before."

"But there is a way to remove it. This land enjoys playing games and offers trials to those seeking to restore or gain magic, or remove strange effects like what it has given you." He made no comment about how he had reacted to his looks. Most everyone responded in this way towards him. He could do nothing about it. But that did not stop him from being kind or helpful. This fellow was it a strange land, he just had something unsettling happen to him. Not to mention he just set eyes on a giant monster in the middle of a thunderstorm.

"My name is Roscorro, I apologize for startling you. I tend to do that to people" The last sentence was spoken with deep amusement. As he spoke the piece of hope floated forward. It split in two, the second one moving closer to the other large horse while the original returned to him. "And the shining ball is called a Piece of Hope. It is a gift from the god of this world, designed to help restore this broken land."

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

ooc: A piece of hope has been shared with Lohengrin. Piece of Hope. A fist-sized ball of pleasant light, giving hope and light to whomever has it. Infinitely split-able. Mitigates the harmful and violent effects of the Rift.

@Lohengrin