This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Blood for Magic
Trial Rainforest Cliffs 
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
Aurelia
Aurelia needed to collect blood. She didn't from where or from who, but she needed to do it. She'd found a oddly shaped rock as she searched around for something to draw blood from that was perfect for the task. It was about the size of a fist, but curved in a way that should be able to carry liquid, in this case, however, specifically blood.

She wasn't sure what led her here, but here she was. Her body weaved in and out of the trees easily. Occasionally, a twig would poke her as she passed it, but she didn't mind too much and pushed on. She had a task at hand and had yet to even attempt it yet. The aurelian babe had to collect blood from something. She wasn't sure what the something was going to be yet, but eyes scanned the forest for all sorts of things.

Only a few minutes ago she had seen a weird Rift-mutated squirrel thing and lunged at it, desperate for its blood, but it scurried away and climbed up a tree. Despite being a pegasus, the idea of flying to the top of a tree in this crowded scenery was comical to the mare. Her search continued from there, her eyes watching for any sign of life.

As the minutes began to pass, she eventually quit looking for small vermon that lived within the forest. It would simply be easier to converse with another horse and simply beg for their blood than chase small animals around all day. With this new approach in mind, she halts, glances around, and then fucking whinny-screams like a lunatic. Surely that would get someones attention. It wasn't a 'help I'm in trouble' sound, so surely no one would rush over thinking she was being attacked, but the whinny had still pierced through the air, echoing through the trees with a sense of urgency that simply couldn't be ignored.

oh, tell me, what's the matter?

image credits

@Roscorro
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
Roscorro
A shadow fell of the trees, traveling at a high speed over the jungle canopy as the tribid flew through the air. His massive wings beat against the air, stirring the leaves as they propelled the stallion forward. He passed over Aurelia position with a might whoops, the trees swaying and groaning in his wake. As he soared over her head he heard her great cry. Unable to see the mare down bellow fore the thickness of the trees, he was not expecting to hear such an explosive noise. He rolled in the air, thrown off balance by the surprise. Wings splayed out the catch himself he barely managed to avoid colliding with the tops of the trees. They groaned and the leaves thrashed and his hooves and scaled paws sank within their depths, snapping a few twigs as the tribrid regained control.

His nostrils flared, his heart pounding against his chest as he cast his gaze around about. "Hello?!" He called, his powerful voice easily spanning the gap between them. "Are you okay down there?" He hovered above the trees where he had heard the initial cry. Head lowered, long ears angled forward to better hear the voice of the horse below over his powerful wingbeats, he waited for a response. He had no way to immediately land at the horse's side, unless he wanted to plow through a painful mass of branches and risk his wings. Not something he wanted to do.

The cry had not been a 'I need immediate help' cry. But it had certainly sounded urgent. So he waited for a response from whomever was below before searching for a way down to them. Smoke billowed outward from his wings, sent wafting outward with each down thrust. To an observer it would look as if the stallion were creating a storm cloud within the air around with that cast a dark shadow upon the treetops. If any light had seeped down to the horse beneath him, it would be blocked now by a massive shadow. Giving the impression that something far, far larger was above her.

talk talk talk talk
You Can be king again
image credit

@Aurelia
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Aurelia
After she rather abruptly hollers to now one in particular, the trees above her head shuffle and twigs snap. She was far from expecting her hollers to make something literally fall from the sky, but I guess anything is possible.

Shortly after the clear dissarray she caused, a voice, that didn't seem mad at all, floated from the sky. She assumed the animal she spoke to was a pegasus or hybrid or something, but the shadow he casted was massive. Either he was at an impressively high altitude and was literally screaming to talk to her, or he was just large- massively so.

"SORRY!" She screams upwards at the sky, perhaps her voice slightly louder than it should be (again). "I was calling to see if anyone was around, I never thought someone would be above me!" Of course, Aurelia is a pegasus and should've realized that it was very plausible a bunch of horses were flying above her, the canopy of green simply blocked her view.

"I just need help with a.....a.." Still yelling, she stuttered for a moment. What were they called again? "Trials!" As soon as she remembered the word, she hollerd it upwards to him.

She wasn't sure what he would think when she told him she needed his blood. Would he understand? Or would he rush away from her the moment she told him? Or the worst.. would she end up wanting to take it forcefully? It was uncertain what would happen, but she had hope in some magic, perhaps twisted way, she would complete this quest and regain her beloved fire magic.

image credits

@Roscorro
Roscorro
It was not long before someone answered, screaming at the top of their lungs. His ears pinned back to protect from the noise. It was a tad bit too loud, but how would she know that. She spoke of needing assistance then struggled to find the word. She paused for only a moment, however before she belted out the word trials. Ah, so that was it.

He himself had just finished his recent trials, the large gashes on his chest still not yet healed. Scabbed over and irritating t hey itched and hurt and had been reopened more than a few times by his movements. Taivas would probably be telling him not to fly for risk of reopening them yet again. But he was born to fly and he had remained on the ground for far too long. For his sanity, he had to take to the skies. He probably should continue onward, letting his wings carry him far away from this mare. But his tender heart was never one to turn someone away simply because it was hard or dangerous. He could at least hear her out. If it was something he could help with, he would. If not he could assist in finding someone capable of helping her. He rose a few feet, searching for a way down. It did not take long before he spotted a break in the canopy not far ahead.

"If you can, follow the sound of my wings. There is a small break in the trees not far off where I think I can land. We'll talk more then." Angling himself towards the clearing he gave a thrust of his wings and was off. Careful not to fly too fast so as not to lose the mare down below, he made his way towards the break in the trees. The hole was not large, barely large enough for him to squeeze through. More branches cracked and leaves rustled as he descended in a shower of twigs, jungle leaves and smoke. Landing lightly on the ground he looked up to see if the mare had indeed followed him. If she had she may have run off in fright at the sight of his monstrous form.

talk talk talk talk
You Can be king again
image credit

@Aurelia
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Aurelia
The horse she converses with through awkward yells has an amazing suggestion that Aurelia thinks will work well: "If you can, follow the sound of my wings. There is a small break in the trees not far off where I think I can land. We'll talk more then."

She nods her head dutifully, prepared to follow him until she realizes he can't actually see her nod her head, so she offers him a verbal agreeance. "That sounds good!"

Quickly, her legs begin to move, her ears listening for the sounds of his wings and her eyes focused on his large shadow on the ground before her. She would certainly be able to follow him, especially using her sight and hearing.

She felt her fur bristle with excitement, a surge of adrenaline coursing through her veins. She was going to do it- she was going to get her magic back. The thought brought a small smile to her lips. Aurelia, though often believing fire is an element of chaos and hardship, is deeply and completely attached to the element. She lives, breaths, exists fire. The world is a dark, evil place which makes it fairly easy to fall in love with such a warm, bright element like fire.

When the beast drops through an opening in the trees, he is not at all what Aurelia expected. He had wings and a horn, like many horses around here, but that is here the similarities ended. He looked like a dragon. Where front hooves should be are immense paws. He was huge and intricate.

"I'm Aurelia." She smiled kindly, her gentler more welcoming side showing as she greets the stallion. "So.. for my quest, it's okay if you don't want to do this, but I need to collect blood from something or someone." She offered a lopsided grin as he wing unfurls at her side, the cup-like rock dropping to the ground as she does so. Reaching down with her snout, she grabs the cup in her ivory teeth. "It doesn't have to be a lot, perhaps only a single drop?"
She moves towards him, now placing the cup in front of him. "Again, I understand if you don't want to do this. It's so I can reaquire the magic the portal monster stripped from me." Perhaps the explanation and the demand being thoroughly explaining would make him more open to the suggestion.

image credits

@Roscorro
Roscorro
He hadn't been on the ground two seconds before the mare was bombarding him with a jumble of words after her initial greeting. He blinked, absorbing all of it as he looked down at the oldly shaped rock. "I'm Roscorro..." He answered slowly, his face ponderous.

She wanted blood, blood. Deep within him the voice writhed and screamed. Do not give it to her! He flinched as his gut tied itself in knots as that force within him raged. What was the fault in giving another a drop of his blood? He had dripped a bunch of it on the ground when he found the Metus. He knew the legends of dragon's blood, but his was not pure. It wouldn't grant great healing powers. Plus, she'd have to actually kill him and drink his blood to gain immortality if they were going off of the legends.

His large, gentle eyes lifted from the stone. She was trying to regain her magic. His heart went out to her. He knew all too well the emptiness one felt when their magic was stolen. He too had lost his magic. His face softened. "Will you be able to carry this under your wing without spilling it?" He asked, cocking his head as he looked down at the rock. She had tucked it underneath her wing earlier, but that mode of travel could easily spill the blood. Or a feather could land within it and soak it up, leaving her with nothing.

He looked around himself for a moment. "Here, this might work." He said, moving off towards the trees and foliage. He rummaged in the greener, pulling away bits of ivy, vine, and other long plant fibers. Returning he picked up the little stone cup. Plopping his rump in the dirt he set to work, using his elbows to support his upper body so he could free his hands. With deft fingers he began weaving. It did not take long for him to form a small basket in which the stone sat, secured to the small, twisted rope of vine with which she could hold onto it. "There." He declared in satisfaction. He straighten than held it up for her to see.

Once he was finished he looked to the wounds on his chest, noticing for the first time that he had reopened part of it with his entry into the jungle. Well, it would not be hard to give her a drop of blood. The screaming continued in the back of his mind as he held the stone to his chest. Blood trickled down his taught muscles, landing within the makeshift container. "My own trial gave me these wounds." He commented with a smile in his voice. "Glad to know they are useful for something." He offered her the cup, holding it high enough for her to easily grab hold of the string. When she grabbed hold of it he would gently let it down, so as not the spill its contents. "I hope you are able to restore your magic. I know what it is like to have that gapping void, where your magic should be, within you."

talk talk talk talk
You Can be king again
image credit

@Aurelia
ooc: Rosco be like. "Um... here. I even gift wrapped it for you." xD
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Aurelia
At first the stallion seems skeptical, only answering her word vomit with a slow, curious I'm Roscorro... She nods, slowly hoping he will say more, praying he will say more...

and then he does.

He doesn't directly say yes but instead asks if she will really be able to carry it in her wing without spilling it. "I honestly didn't think that far ahead, unfortunately." A moment of worry crosses her face as she reveals this detail. Would he think she is a messy, unplanned wreck? She dearly hoped he would not turn away at this answer. If he had asked if she would be able to carry it, that was a good sign, she decided.

He looks around, searching for something. Eventually, he gathers some materials and halfway lay down as she had seen dogs and other strange mammals do. Her eyes widened as she saw his strange paws move quickly around the object. "H..how.. whh..why?" She began haphazardly stuttering, eventually, she shut her mouth at a complete loss for words. She'd never seen a horse with paws, therefore she definitely didn't expect him to do strange things to her rock-bowl.

He had configured the bowl into a kind of basket that she could carry with ease. He showed her the finished product for her and a huge smile crossed her lips. "Thank you! That will be so much easier to carry," excitement continued to bubble within her as everything he did point to the fact that he would offer his blood for her trial.

When his eyes drop to his chest, Aurelia's do also. He was bleeding and very conveniently too. He holds the cup to the wounds, easily collecting some of the liquid for the golden pegasus. He admits his own trial gave him those wounds and a pang of quilt throbs within her. How come her quest was to harm another but he was to harm himself? She truly didn't understand why the Rift desired such a wide variety from its inhabitant, but that's just how it goes, it seems. "I hope you got what you were trialing for, at least." She grins cheesily, unsure exactly how to tread through the strange conversation.

As he begins to pass her the stone cup-vine basket, she reaches her own snout of to collect it, her teeth softly gripping onto the basket. "Thanks to you, Roscorro, I think I'll be able to get it back." The words are slightly slurred because of the item in her mouth, but regardless he should be able to understand for the most part. "It's been hard, but you've truly helped me greatly." She couldn't praise him enough. He was helping the firebird get her fire back. This complete stranger would be the reason such a huge, vital part of her was returned.

With that, at her flank, one of her ivory wing expands in an awkward gesture of goodbye. Her grin is still plastered on her face as she begins to take leave, wondering if she'd ever see him again, perhaps in less of a rush.

image credits

@Roscorro
Roscorro

He was delighted that he could help the pretty mare, hopefully she would be able to receive her magic back soon. He stepped back when she took the offered item. Giving her a nod at her thanks. He had done little. It wasn't like heh ad to pierce his own skin to give her what she asked. The Metus had already done that for him, he just had to collect the stuff. That dark fire within him seethed with anger at how easily he offered his lifeblood to another. But the stallion was becoming used to ignoring that unpleasant part within him. Ever since he had received his piece of hope, its hold on him had lessened considerably.

He offered a wane smile when she commented on his magic. "It did, in a way." He answered. His magic had returned, but not in the way he had expected. Not much more was exchanged between the two. He couldn't have said much anyways. Like a whirlwind the Aurelia was on the move. Just as hurriedly as she had come she was gone. He watched her go, at first befuddle, then amused. "You're welcome." He uttered to the still shivering brush that had been disturbed by her departure. Shaking the head the massive stallion turned and left, wondering if he would ever meet the strange mare again.

talk talk talk talk
You Can be king again
image credit

@Aurelia Feel free to archive this!