This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Welcome to the Black Parade
RP Wanted The Portal 
Blackbird
Currently championing:

She didn't know where she was.

It had been a horrible idea.

But she had been desperate. To get away. To live. To survive.

She had been wandering, and it showed. Her ribs showed through her dull, black pelt, and the skin on her head clung to the finely built head. Her mouth was dry, and she was desperate for a drink. Sand clung to her legs and hooves, and was sprinkled across her pelt and tangled in her mane.

When the portal had appeared, she'd been wandering. Walking and walking, looking for food and water. And so, when the portal had appeared before her, it had only taken her a moment before deciding to step through it. There was a chance there would be food and water on the other side. And if there wasn't? Well, she was already crow-food anyway. At least she could say she had tried.

It had been disorienting, and upon feeling her hooves make contact with the ground, she stood with them splayed, taking a moment to reorient herself. Once the world had stopped spinning, she looked up, golden eyes scanning the world around her. It was foggy, and eerie, with twisted trees and an ominous feeling to it. Her wings fluttered, and she shuddered.

Made by Riley at THQ!

Mutation: saber teeth

Magic: can revive dead plants, as well as kill them and small animals
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
Roscorro
Had he known the mare was there he would have entered more cautiously. Taken care to not startle her. Had he known she was there he would have done everything in his power to make himself less imposing. But he had no idea the mare wrapped in midnight was present. And so he strolled into the small clearing with a quiet gate. A monstrous, mutated tribrid that trailed smoke with every movement, was most likely the last thing Blackbird wanted to see upon arriving within this desolate world. He cut an imposing figure in the ominous air. Wreathed in fog and smoke the massive Clydesdale moved with startling silence.

His floating ball of hope went before him, casting silver light upon his form. It shone upon his form, glinting on his wickedly sharp horns and spines. Revealing his draconic forelegs and paws, the orange scales reflecting the floating orb like polished armor. It outlined his massive wings and his long, hairy tail that moved like that of a serpent's. Sending wisps of smoke with every swish. His gate held a quietness to it, a calmness unbefitting his predatory appearance. He had entered the border of the portal in search of someone to share his glowing sphere with. It was what he had been asked to do by the god of this world. To share this light of hope with others. And so he had come share that light.

Most who entered the Rift came less willingly than himself. It was a shock to many to find themselves in this foreign, diseased world. He hoped to be a friend to those needed a bit of comfort. Sharing the warmth of his light with those now trapped within the Rift. If they'd have him. He wasn't the most, friendly looking beast wandering these woods. He would not be surprised if anyone within this forest took one sight of him and fled. Many did. But he had hope. Gwyn, Taivas, and Kiada had not run from him. Perhaps he would encounter others who would accept him. Or at least accept his help. He would have continued walking onward, unaware of Blackbird, had his orb not sensed her. It shot towards her like an excited dog greeting a new friend, drawing his gaze. He froze, ears swiveling forward in surprise as his mouth formed a small 'o'. "Hello." He offered sheepishly.
talk talk talk

@Blackbird
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Blackbird
Currently championing:

The young Pegasus made an uneasy whickering sound low in her throat, shuddering as the sound broke the stillness around her. She lowered her head in alarm, ears flattening back, feathers rustling before her wings flattened tight against her sides.

With little choice otherwise, the mare began to slowly walk through the mists. As a prey animal, her every instinct screamed for her to take off running, to flap her wings and flee. But she didn't know what might be up there, and she would rather be down here where she could escape than up there where she would be a sitting duck. Her wings, especially, would be at the most risk, as there was nothing nearby them to protect them. Her hooves were too far away, and she could twist her head enough while flying without going into a roll.

The mare's trot slowed to a walk, golden eyes squinting as something glowing back to approach. Her eyes crossed, and she spooked backwards as a small glowing orb flew up to her. "Whoa!" she gasped, shaking her head.

And then a... monster-beast-thing appeared. It had a large frame, brackish color fur, and gleaming orange scales on its fore legs. Like her, it also had wings, and an odd looking tail. The beast left a stream of smoke behind it, with more horns than she cared to count. For a moment, she froze, before spooking back and rearing, wings flaring wide. When she dropped back down, she scuffed one hoof, fighting the urge to run.

Made by Riley at THQ!
ROSCORRO
Her terrified reaction was rather comical and he'd have laughed it he didn't feel so bad for nearly scaring the live out of her. He lowered his head and shrunk away, his wings spreading outward in a placating gesture. "I'm not here to harm you." He said in a soothing tone. "I'm sorry for frightening you, I didn't realize you were there." His silver sphere continued to circle about the dark mare before suddenly settling. It grew brighter as it stilled and the giant watched it curiously. it had never done that before. Like a raindrop breaking apart the orb split into two pieces. Now there were to sphere of the exact same size floating over the mare. The original orb shot back toward Roscorro, causing him to smile fondly, while the second remained beside Blackbird. So that was what Kisamoa meant by sharing the light of hope. Just like before when the god had touched it, the light had split. He wondered if it would fill this mare with the same warmth and comfort that he had felt when he had come into contact with it. He certainly hoped so.

He was doing a lot of hoping lately, but that wasn't all that new. Hope had been what kept him alive for this long. Hope for a better day. "My name is Roscorro." He said, returning his attention to Blackbird. "And that little floating ball is called a Piece of Hope. It is a gift from the god of this world." He gestured towards her new companion with his nose. It was a lot to take in, so he kept things simple rather than launching into details about how the light would help save this world. He was sure she was still trying to digest their encounter.  She could still decide the bolt at any moment. But she hadn't instantly fled, so that was a plus.

"Are you new to The Rift?" If she did not have an orb she had not been at the gathering called by Kaos, and he did not recall seeing her at the tree of light. Either she was new, or very reclusive. With the light shinning upon her he could see her far better, no longer wrapped in the darkness like she had been before. Her frame was small, much smaller then himself. He must appear massive to her. Elegantly built she was a beautiful little thing. He could see her gaunt frame in the dim light casted by their pieces of hope. It spoke of hunger. His features softened even further as his bleeding heart kicked in. He knew what it felt like to hunger for food and he instantly wished to help ease that pain. But he first had to earn this mare's trust.

"Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding
Blackbird
Currently championing:

Blackbird panted, gleaming eyes never leaving the much-larger tribrid. Her tensed muscles relaxed somewhat at the familiar, placating gesture, the grand stallion attempting to make himself seem smaller, his wings spread in a vulnerable and placating gesture. Her ears twitched at the sound of his voice, surprisingly smooth for a beast of his size and... appearance. "It's alright." she said, although she still sounded rather spooked. She turned her finely built head to follow the silver sphere, not trusting it nor knowing what it would do. When it stilled, beginning to grow brighter, she stepped back uncertainly.

Her eyes widened as it split into two, both the same size. She snorted as the original one went flying back, while the new one stayed by her side. There was an odd warmth emenating from it, and despite herself she found herself relaxing, as though it were soothing her.

Hearing him speak, she nodded her head in acknowledgement. "My name is Blackbird." She looked back at her orb of light. "A... Piece of Hope?" she echoed uncertainly, while also wondering about the God of this world. What kind of God would lord over this kind of realm? Hearing him speak again, she nodded in agreement. "I am. I got here minutes ago."

Made by Riley at THQ!
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The Rift wraps around you—dark and shapeless, like shadows turned to smoke, twining up around your legs. It licks against your black coat, slips through the fine hairs, coasts along with your blood and breath and to the deepest, darkest corners of your body and mind. Then, in a heady rush, it's gone, blown out of you by the wind, full of laughter and neon eyes as it speeds away from you and into the distance.
the Rift

[ ACCEPTANCE NOTES: BLACKBIRD ]

Magic:
Crafting: Can kill or revive small plants, but using the magic makes the same type of plant grow from her ears.
Offensive: Can suck the life force out of small animals. (Can't really kill anything bigger than a bunny right now, will increase potency with higher levels.)

Mutation:
Saber teeth.
ROSCORRO
She spoke to him, though he could tell that she was still spooked by his outward appearance. But she had not run. It was nice that this world seemed to be filled with equine that did not instantly flee from him. It allowed for him to earn their trust. Though one might think that their lack of flight was a rather dumb move on their part. If he had been inclined to eat her, his chances now rose in his favor as she lingered. Though he did possess the capabilities of eating meat, he never endeavored to do so. The act was morally wrong in his eyes. How could he kill another and eat of its flesh when he could survive just as easily on the plant life around him? He was a horse. As such he had been born to eat plants. But he was also part dragon and so his body could indeed digest and live off of meat. Producing an omnivore out of a herbivorous equine. Strange how the world worked.

But such info would forever remain a secret and Roscorro hid his fangs behind velvet lips as he offered a gentle smile. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Blackbird." He replied with a dip of his large head. She mirrored his previous words uncertainly as she gazed at her new found companion. The dark colored Clydesdale nodded. "I've been told that it will heal this world. If enough people carry it with them and share it with others." He explained further as he nudged his own floating light. "Even the creatures of this world sense the difference it has had upon the land. So I believe that it can save this place."

Perhaps that was too much babbling. He did tend to talk a lot. But he was excited to share the news about this wondrous little ball. About how this land, though scary now, could be healed! But too much info could overload this little mare. She had just entered the Rift. Surely she was dealing with enough at the moment. "Then let me be the first to welcome you." He touched a clawed paw to his chest in a meaningful gesture.

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Blackbird

ooc: I am sorry for being so late!
Blackbird
Currently championing:
The mare watched the stallion carefully, shifting on her hooves. She'd never seen a horse such as this, but he had yet to threaten her, or be anything but kind. So she would wait, and see, and go from there. Besides, if she must, she had a good feeling she could outrun the other, as he was clearly built more for strength than speed.

Seeing the stallion offer a gentle smile, she returned it, trying not to think about the bulges that were visible in four places on his lips. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Roscorro." she inclined her head politely, looking up when he began to speak again. "Heal the world?" she echoed uncertainly, looking at the floating orb of light. She couldn't see how it would do so, but if he said so.

The mare cocked her head at his rather odd gesture, touching one of his... hooves? Paws? to his chest, but smiled in return. "Thank you, it's very much appreciated. May I ask, what is this place?"

@Roscorro

No worries!
ROSCORRO
"That is what I was told." He replied, looking at his own orb. "Though I am unsure how. I only know to share it with others. But if it will help, I am willing to give it a go." He shifted his gaze back to Blackbird. "Plus, it is a good excuse to go out and meet new people." Though he never needed a reason to meet others. He enjoyed people. "Nothing breaks the ice like a ball of light flying into your face then splitting in two." His chuckled was rich and deep, like melted chocolate. At her next question the large draft cocked his head ponderously. "It is known as the Rift. A world between worlds consisting of lands it has devoured. It is constantly changing and shifting, like an evolving being. Though its progress has been greatly halted or mutated by the darkness that has entered its veins like a disease."

"It is ruled by the god Kisamoa. At least I believe he is the only god of this realm. He is the one who seeks to mend the Rift and restore it to its former glory." He thought back to the terrifying creature that had stood before them that day. It was hard to believe that a deity would ask for the help of mortals. Which proved how serious to situation was. "That is all that I know, I am still fairly new here as well. But I do know of places where one can find food." He hoped that she would allow him to assist her. It would be a waste of precious energy if she wandered around alone in search of suitable sustenance. Energy she had little of, he was sure. "Would you allow me the honor of showing you?"

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Blackbird
Blackbird
Currently championing:
The horse followed her companion's gaze, looking at his orb. It seemed to be the same as hers; the same luminosity, the same size, the same color, and she assumed the same temperature. He'd said it was an Orb of Hope, so presumably his radiated the same warmth that hers did. "That's very noble." she smiled. And it was. To go out and share the orb, despite not knowing what would happen, was truly honorable. She smiled, chuckling, becoming more at ease. "I'm glad to have met you. And I suppose so!" she had to agree, the orb had been rather startling, but had softened the blow of the rather monstrous looking horse's appearance.

She tilted her head, taking in him telling her where they were. It sounded... impossible. A world between worlds? Made of up lands that it had devoured? Did that mean it had devoured her home? Well, her home was a shit-hole, so she supposed it didn't matter. "That's... fascinating. I've never imagined such a place."

The wonder in her eyes was obvious, as she pondered Kisamoa. A god? And one who wanted to help mortals? And how had this place ever have had glory? "I hope he succeeds." Her pointed ears perked up as he mentioned food, and her stomach rumbled.

"Yes, please!" she said emphatically, as her stomach rumbled again.

@Roscorro