This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Welcome to the Black Parade
RP Wanted The Portal 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
The brown giant rebuffed her compliment with a humble shrug. "It's what anyone would do." It was what many were doing. Though perhaps some of their reasons weren't quite as honorable as his. He truly wished to help this world. Not because he didn't want toe nd up going down with the ship, but because it had become his home. If it fell, he would fall with it. But not before fighting to save it. How strange that a world so corrupt and seemingly hell bent on making their lives difficult had become so dear to the stallion. But as harsh and formidable as this land was, it had accepted him. Had lead him to people who accepted without a second thought. With a world as crazy as this, he was normal.

His face brightened at the pretty mare's next words. "Thank you! I am glad to have met you as well." His heart warmed at being told such a simple statement. Very few had ever told him that they were glad to have met him. Many ended up cursing his name within his world. His parents did not take kindly to those who befriended him and delighted in teaching them a painful lesson with the stallion as a witness. Anyone that chose to call him friend in the past was at great risk. They could never come to his aid or defend him in front of his parents, or else they would be fiercely punished. They remained in the shadows. Even when he was banished to this land, they did not come forward. Though he never held it against them. Only his adopted mother and his prison guard who had tutored him in the art of battle, had been permitted to watch him disappear into the portal on the simple grounds that they were his handlers. They were there to see to it that he did not try to fight back or escape. One as the guard, the other as a thinly veiled hostage.

So even despite the hardships he faced within the rift, he held more loyalty to it than his own homeland. This was the land where he was free and his friends could love him openly and were never forced to actually be with him. "Neither had I!" he said with youthful enthusiasm. "I had never known that other worlds even existed until I had been told that I was to come here. But I had not imagined that it would be a land consisting of lands it had taken from other worlds. It is strange, dangerous, and can change suddenly. But it is also beautiful, mysterious, and awe inspiring. I am happy to claim it as my home. I hope that you may be able to call it home one day, as well."

He gave a nod of agreement. "You have helped us come closer to our goal. As you explore that light will begin to spread." It excited him! Knowing that he had helped a little. Done something to advance their efforts. And now they had another person to help advance their goal. The more pieces of hope that were in the world, the higher the chance that the Rift would be saved. At the mention of food the mare's stomach growled. He gave a small chuckle at her response, then turned. "This way then!" He would lead the way, measuring his steps to make it easier for the smaller woman to follow him. Fore his strides were long, eating up the ground with fewer steps then that of Blackbird. So he checked his own gate to make following easier in the fog and shadows. "Perhaps I should not ask. But what was your world like?" He titled his head to the side so he could look back at her as they walked. "Forgive me. You don't have to answer. For many the subject can be rather, difficult to talk about." He should not have pried into her personal life. It was rude.

"Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Blackbird
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Blackbird
Currently championing:
The mare shook her head as the other horse shrugged. "I doubt that. Most would probably keep it to themselves." At least, from her experience. From her experience, horses tended to be rather selfish, and kept things close to themselves. Of course, where she came from, that was the only way to survive. It was rather funny; many of the horses she had known, even the ones who looked 'angelic' with white pelts, and flowing white manes, were selfish as could be. Yet after meeting this monstrous-looking stallion he turned out to be more nice than any horse she'd met before.

The black mare smiled as the stallion echoed her, feeling happy. It was nice, not having to flee from every horse she met for fear of being attacked, or worse. And even nicer to meet one who seemed genuinely glad to have met her. That was something she'd never come across before, and she found she rather liked it.

She had to admit, she was surprised to see the rather youthful glee the stallion had begun to exhibit. How odd; in her once-beautiful world, the horses had acted jade and cruel, yet in this world that looked like something from a horror story, a horse who looked the part of the story's monster was acting like a little colt. And she had to agree; there was a strange beauty to the eerie lands, and she was most definitely in-awe. "I hope so."

The mare flushed as her stomach gave her away, trotting to keep up with the much larger stallion. Each stride of his seemed to cover many of hers, so she was thankful when he slowed his pace to make it easier for her. She hesitated at his question, but didn't mind answering. "It's no worry... I suppose it was beautiful, once upon a time, but I don't really remember it. Since I was a filly, it had been in a drought, so everything was covered in sand. None of the horses were like you," she chuckled, "so I'm glad to have met you."

@Roscorro
ROSCORRO
His head cocked thoughtfully at her words. What world had she been apart of that made her think such a way about others? Perhaps one quite similar to his own where those around him were most petty and selfish. Then again, there were plenty who were kind, but hid said kindness in order to fit in. He couldn't believe most would keep this hope to themselves. Having an inherit belief that most people were good, they just didn't always make good decisions. "Perhaps." He relented. "Though I feel those that had been originally gifted this hope will share it." Then he added in amusement. "Of course, it is a rather hard thing to keep to one's self, even if they do not wish to share it. Not unless they avoided everyone in the Rift without a Piece of Hope." He chuckled at the thought. The glowing sphere was attracted to those who did not yet have a light beside them. In order to keep the thing from splitting and sharing that light with others, the owner would have to keep away from everyone. Not entirely impossible in this vast world, but extremely lonely.

"I know so." He said with a quiet affirmation, certain that she would help their world. Simply being here would aid in the efforts as the Rift tried to heal and restore itself. He believed that everyone was here for a reason. What that was he could not hope to guess, but in some way they would aid in the restoration of this world. Even if they didn't want to, or know that they were helping. He listened closely as Blackbird began her brief explanation of her world. It was brief. He smiled as she turned the conversation back to him. "I have never seen another that looks as extravagant or regal as I." He said with a mock, prideful air. Laughter rumbling in his throat.

Though he knew what she had meant he preferred to not have her dwell upon the matter. It was sad to know that where she had lived, few were kind or helpful. Why else would she be glad to have met him? Or did she fancy odd looking monsters? Not likely. As they walked he recognized familiar landmarks that told him that they were on the right path. It would not be long before the mist would lessen and grass would be visible upon the ground as the reached the fringes of the forest. Here the grass grew, protected by the shade but not smothered but the fog that provided water and damp even during the Scorch. "Here." he said, motioning to the blades with his nose.

"Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Blackbird

Blackbird receives a Piece of hope!
Piece of Hope. A fist-sized ball of pleasant light, giving hope and light to whomever has it. Infinitely split-able. Mitigates the harmful and violent effects of the Rift.
Blackbird
Currently championing:
The mare trotted after the much larger stallion, not wanting to be alone. This... void, or had he called it Rift? Was eerie, and sent chills down her spine, activating every one of her prey instincts. It didn't help that she was being led around by such a monstrous horse, even though he seemed to be very nice.

"It will be good if they do." she agreed. The Light seemed to be soothing, and she imagined that horses who lived here full time must need it. "I imagine that would be rather hard, although I haven't seen anyone else but you, so I can't say I know how populated the Rift is." she chuckled.

She found herself smiling at his strong response. Blackbird wasn't so certain that she would find the Rift to be a home; it was so different from what she knew! But, if he believed so, then hopefully it would be so. Besides, if all the horses were this nice, she might even join a herd.

The mare chuckled at the stallion's attempt at being prideful. Well, that was one way to say it. All the horses in her world had been rather plain, with simple magicks and appearances. Nothing so extreme as what was on Roscorro.

She smiled in relief at the sight of the grass, seeming to be lush and looking delicious. "Thank you." she'd sigh, stepping forward and lowering her head, relievedly beginning to grass on the welcome grass. It had been so long since she'd had grass that wasn't dry and withered.
Roscorro
"The population is growing." He said. "I have yet to meet everyone that has lived within the Rift, and with each passing day more and more horses enter the land." Though most of them do not wish to be here. It was a sad truth. Many were ripped away from their homes and families by the Rift and its portal. they had no way to return, no one to lean on. In its efforts to save its own life, the Rift was destroying the lives of others.

But did he have a right to judge the land for doing what it felt was best? No. He only hoped that those who were taken could find a life of happiness within this land. He could hope that with all of them here it would heal and become beautiful and healthy again. A place they could be proud to call home. He looked at this glowing ball of hope. Hope was all they had, it would seem.

He waited for Blackbird to eat her fill. Standing like a sentinel, alert for any danger. "You're most welcome." He replied to her thanks. He'd wait until she had finished before leading her to a more stable area. It was unwise to linger within the forest of the portal for long. He told her this as he stood on guard. "You mentioned your land was covered in sand." He went on. "Do you wish to find a place like your home here as well? Or something more lush?" At her answer he would lead towards the lands he knew of that fit her desires. The rift was a diverse place, surely she could find somewhere suitable to call home.

talk talk talk

@Blackbird

ooc: I lost internet for a while. Sorry this took so long. You can go ahead and finish up the thread with your next post. Just say Rosco takes her where she wants to go. He's ready to do so. ^^ Thank you for threading with me!