This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
king for a day
Private Solanis 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
The ball of hope was soothing to the young woman in a way that hadn’t felt happy in such a long time. She welcomed it with a rather open mindset as the gathering crowd began to diminish and she did her best to catch Roscorro’s eye to talk. She moved away from the gathering, into a more secluded spot of Solanis where they’d be able to speak without prying ears straining to listen to every word she spoke to him. The main thing she needed to do was apologize, to explain the need of her harshness toward him even though she was brash and quick to judge.

She, too, had a trial, where she needed to convince someone that she hated them. Roscorro’s own attempts at fixing his trial with the theft of her item was something she could understand even if she was irritable toward him for it, and perhaps a bit too harsh. But she needed to tell him that she was wrong – and she had decided to do so before the ball of hope was granted to them. Even if it solved the worry that sat in her throat. She needed him to hear from her that she did want to be his friend, despite it, provided they didn’t try to harm each other the way they had before, whether it be words or weapons.

And so she waited for him to approach, so she could offer her apology to him and only hope that he could understand, just as she was sure he hoped that she understood his reasoning for stealing her faceplate.

"Talk?"
kiada
i think you will set yourself afire
before you realize that even you cannot conquer the sun
img || code

@Roscorro <3 This takes place directly after the SWP with Kisamoa!

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
Roscorro
He did not know why Kiada had said that she needed to apologize. He whole heartedly believed that her reaction was justified. He had betrayed her trust and stolen from her. She had thought him a friend and he had taken advantage of that and wounded her. He had been prepared to accept any punishment, yet she had held back her physical blows. Though her words had hit him just as hard. Being banished from her sight had taken away any hope of making amends. He had kept his promise, he had not come near her since that day. Until now. He had expected anger to flash in her eyes upon seeing him at the gathering. But instead she had been solemn as she spoke to him.

He was confused, but hopeful. So when the others began to drift away he bid Gwyn to wait or return to their special spot, before making his way towards the mare. His steps were slow, his gaze downcast so as not to meet her's. He was still a thief, and until he had made amends, unworthy to look her in the eye. He drew alongside her, keeping a respectful distance. He remained silent. She had asked him here. He would wait for her to speak. He'd wait to see what she had to say before opening his mouth. He wanted to apologize again, but what good would that do? Words could only do so much. He needed to know what he had to do in order to earn her forgiveness. So he waited, like a scolded puppy caught getting into mischief.
talk talk talk

@Kiada
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Explorer Kiada
Quietly, so quietly, she heard Roscorro padding toward her. She watched him, surveying from her slightly lowered head as he approached as though he was wounded – submissive, and part of her heart yearned for him. She yearned to tell him it wasn’t entirely his fault she had acted the way she did, to offer him a gentle touch and a person to talk to should he need it, but she refrained. Instead, she waited until he was close enough to hear her quiet murmurs as he drew up beside her. There was still a respectful distance away, one of which Kiada moved to stand closer to him.

As friends.

He still had yet to say anything, and after waiting a few moments listening to her thundering heartbeat, she glanced toward the ball of hope as she sucked in a breath. “Roscorro, I’m sorry about what I said. When you said it was a trial, I understood. I knew that had you meant to steal my item you wouldn’t have stuck around for Khairi to find you.” She paused, her eyes sliding over to him as she looked to see his reaction. “But, I – too, was on a trial. I had to convince someone that I hated them.” Another pause, another few thunderous heartbeats lingering in her ears. “I want to be your friend, I just had to make sure that it worked for the trial just as you, I’m sure, had to make sure that it worked for you as well. And I hope that we can get past this and move forward. As friends, if you’ll have me as one?” Her ears twitched toward him, eyes hopeful as she gazed upon the unique creature beside her.

"Talk?"
kiada
img || code

@Roscorro <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Roscorro
She moved closer to him, as if they were friends. This confused him. The last time they saw each other she told him that she never wanted to see him again. Yet now she stood close to him like an old friend. He was filled with hurt and confusion. What had he done to earn this right? Was she just toying with him? Waiting for his guard to drop and his hope to rise before crushing him once more? No. He couldn't believe that Kiada would do such a thing.

The silence stretched between them and he began to think that maybe she had expected him to speak first. But what else could he say other then he is was sorry? She had already been told of his trial and how deeply sorry he was for stealing from her. He didn't have to worry about what to say for much longer, for the mare began to speak. He listened, completely enraptured. Slowly, as she spoke, his eyes lifted to look at her. He was shocked. She too had been under a trial? This was indeed surprising, but it did not hold a candle to what came next. She hoed that they could be friends? All was forgiven! For a moment he could not find his voice as he stared at her dumbly. He could be angry with her. Feel hurt and betrayed. But he was never the kind of creature to hold such a grudge. He had wronged her first, in the name of a pathetic trial. What right did he had for feeling angry or indignant over her actions? They had both been in the wrong, and they hated it.

His heart burned with warmth and he moved closer to the mare. Reaching out he would touch her cheek gently with his soft nose, should she allow it. "Of course I would have you." he breathed. His voice thick with emotion. He father would be disgusted with how easily the stallion let his feelings show. A sniveling mare in stallion's clothing, he would always hiss. he would be appalled that Rosco had been so deeply affected by hurting Kiada. Weak. That was what he was. Weak willed and weak hearted. But that never stopped the giant from wearing his heart on his sleeve. When it came to friends, he hid nothing. And harming them was worse than any torment that he had experienced in his life. It was how he was. He hoped it was how he would always be."I would be honored to call you my friend. Thank you." A great weight seemed to lift from the stallion's shoulders. "Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for calling me a friend."

talk talk talk

@Kiada <33
Explorer Kiada
She waited as her words reached their target, her ears straining forward in an attempt to listen to the large stallion beside her. Her friend if he’d allow her to be one after everything that had happened. Yet, he reached out with his fuzzy nose, the velvet fur brushing by her striped cheek in consolation. A small smile bloomed on Kiada’s face as she averted her gaze, his rumbling voice as quiet and soft as it reached her, confirming that he would like to be a friend.

She turned to him, then, her smile growing a bit brighter as she bobbed her inky head slightly. “No, Roscorro. Thank you for forgiving me as well.” She offered him, a small breathy laugh escaping her pink splattered lips. “I’m glad we can be friends again.” She noted, her eyes softening as it landed on his dark face, the smile on her lips reflecting in the sudden warmth of her eyes. “So, friend, do tell me what you’ve been up to since our last meeting?” Kiada turned her body slightly to look upon him should he wish to explain what he’d been up to.

After a few moments before he could speak if he wanted to, she smiled to him softly. “I haven’t really done anything. I stayed in Halyven for quite awhile afterward before moving to the Green Labyrinth and taking on some horrid beast in the caverns down there.” Another small laugh slipped past her lips as she thought about the pale Magnus Metus, a horrifyingly blood thirsty creature.

"Talk?"
kiada
img || code

@Roscorro <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Roscorro
He felt warm with happiness. They were friends! He had so few within this world and he cherished each one. Never again would he knowingly harm Kiada, as he knew she would never harm him. Returning her smile he listened as she spoke of her activities. A brow raising as she mentioned battling a terrifying beast within a labyrinth. "I am sure you sent it running with its tail between its legs." he chuckled.  "I hope I never run into that thing myself though. I've never been much of a fighter."  Undenounced to him, he would be meeting this beast very soon. When she was done he cocked his head as he thought.

He would not tell her of how he had fallen into despair and nearly given up on life until Taivas had stumbled upon him. He would not worry her or burden her with such a sad tale. Nor would he tell her of this darkness that seemed to burn within his gut. Or how it spoke to him, urged him to set the world on fire and reign over it with terror and bloodshed. When it wasn't bemoaning the fact that he was somehow related to it, of course. With the appearance of his piece of hope that dark flame had wilted to sizzling embers. He had not heard its devilish whispers since. Perhaps it was gone? Killed by the light, like the sickness that ravaged this land would one day be

"Most of my time has been spent taking care of Gwyn, the young filly that was with me. I have been helping her to find her father. I have currently been searching for a better place than this forest to shelter her in, but have had little luck." he said. "This world is so vast. All I knew before this were the dark tunnels beneath my kingdom. I had never even seen the sky, or even grass, until I came here." It was a passing comment, uttered on a thoughtful breath. Perhaps even slightly sorrowful. He felt no sorrow for himself, only a disappointment in his inadequacies in helping Gwyn. "As such I fear that I am barely any help to the girl." He gaze Kiada an inquisitive look. "She came from Helovia as well. Her father is named Rikyn. Maybe you've crossed paths with him at some point?" It wasn't likely that she knew the stallion, but maybe she had heard of him. Even if she had bumped into him within the rift would be of some help. Any news about Gwyn's father was a welcomed change to the supreme lack of information that he had now.

talk talk talk

@Kiada
Explorer Kiada
As Roscorro spoke, her ears perked toward him curiously – hoping to find out what he had done in those weeks they hadn’t spoke to one another. She nodded quietly to him. As he spoke of the filly he was protecting, she nodded along with his story quietly. Her nodding slowed slightly as he spoke of only knowing tunnels and darkness, and a small frown crossed her pink freckled face. She couldn’t imagine what it would have been like to never see the sky or grass beneath her feet. She remembered the Borealis from her first herdland and home back in Helovia – and how the colors took the air from her lungs the first time she saw them. She wondered if Roscorro had ever seen such beauty across the nighttime sky.

But before she could mention it, or bring up a worse memory for Roscorro, she clamped her lips shut. His fears of not helping the girl were something that Kiada could understand. However, as he mentioned she came from Helovia and who the girl’s father was, Kiada nodded to him. “Ah, I do know Rikyn.” She offered him with a small smile. “I met him first when I was a child. But my mother has known him much longer than I.” She offered with a reassuring nod. “I’d know him if I saw him, perhaps he’s around her somewhere.” She added in thoughtfully. “I can help you try to find him for her?” Kiada pondered once again, her icy eyes dancing toward Roscorro’s stormy gaze, wondering if her help would be enough to help reunite Gwyn with her father.

"Talk?"
kiada
img || code

@Roscorro <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Roscorro
His grey eyes lit up when she admitted to knowing him and he beamed at her when she offered to help. "Thank you!" He said, his voice rumbling with happiness. He pranced in place with the excitement and eagerness to tell his little charge of the news, like an eager foal. They had someone else to help them in their search! One who actually knew of her father. "Gwyn will be delighted to hear that. She has been trying to keep her spirits up, but it can be hard sometimes."

This world was so big, so scary. And she was without her father. Not entirely alone, but lonely. As much was Roscorro tried to comfort her and keep her company, he would never replace her dad. He had never had a father that cared for him. He knew next to nothing about them. But to see light of sadness within her eyes when she thought about him made the stallion long for a similar relationship. But alas, he would never find such a thing in life. Perhaps one day he would sire his own children, though such a chance was slim to none. Maybe then he would feel this bond Gwyn shared with her father, though he would play the role of Rikyn.

Someone love you? Pah! That voice scoffed, forcing its way through the barrier the piece of hope had created. An ugly, no good monster of a horse that knows next to nothing about anything? I pity to mare and the horrors that would be created by that blasphemy. Roscorro stilled, obviously hurt by the voice's scathing remarks. He stepped back from Kiada, ears angle downward as he refused to meet her gaze. "I-I should go tell Gwyn the good news." He said, struggling to keep the cheer in his voice. Turn he made to leave, his soul heavy once more with the ache of the wound inflicted to his heart. How had he been so stupid to hope for such a thing? The voice was right, he'd never find that sort of love.

talk talk talk

@Kiada
Explorer Kiada
The excitement Roscorro offered her as she offered her help, warmed Kiada’s heart and soul. She nodded to him in agreement, knowing how hard it could be to go without a family member – especially not knowing where said family member was. After a few moments, she refrained from the tug on her mind to think about her brother, how he was kidnapped and lost to her for so long before the Rift and when she finally had him back, she lost him again. Sighing quietly through her nose, she plastered a smile to her face and nodded again to him as he spoke once more. Though this time, his tone was a bit further downcast, sad almost.

Before the tribrid could get far, Kiada reached out her muzzle hoping to brush her velvet nose against his shoulder where his wing met his shoulder in a tender touch. “Until we meet again.” She offered him with as gentle of a smile as she could muster, still hiding that demon of her missing brother in the crevices of her mind, before she turned from Roscorro and began to go try and spread Hope as Kisamoa had instructed.

"Talk?"
kiada
img || code

Thanks for the thread Tech <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Roscorro
What was wrong with him? Did everyone have such vicious voices in their head that sought to degrade, destroy, and manipulate? Did it inject terrible scenes of the forest around you burning, the blood of your friend's on their pelt into their dreams? If everyone did has such a voice within them, how did they stop it? How did they go about killing the vicious hiss that whispered and wailed in the back of their skull? Or was he the only one that seemed to have another presence within his soul that sought to tear down who he was and leave him empty inside?

It terrified him. He drew closer to his piece of hope, letting its comfort wash over him. At Kiada's touch he turned, offering a smile though it was a struggle.
"Take care of yourself, Kiada." He said, the warmth entering his voice once more.
"Until we meet again." He turned and plodded away solemnly, his massive form soon swallowed by the vegetation.

talk talk talk

@Kiada <33

Any time! I love threading these two together!