This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
puzzle world
Open Siren's Summit 
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
Aurelia

Rain falls in chaotic drops, the gusting wind carrying them in wild vortices. It runs down her face as a thin layer, not as cold as it will be when winter begins its steady approach, but without the warmth of summer showers. Today is a day of inescapable wetness, Aurelia would agree. Everything was slick and soggy. She wondered when she would get swept up in a flood. The bodies of water have swollen past the high marks of previous years and the animals have all sought higher ground. When the flood comes the rain will fall all the harder, water on water gushing down the unlit paths between pine trees and shrubbery. In the darkness, the gurgles will sound all the louder to sightless eyes, petrifying those nearby. She waited paitently for warmer weather, when from deep inside her chest, through every cell of her body, the warmth would be welcomed like an old friend. Little did she know that freeze was next, and it would be worse than anything she could ever imagine.

Watcher laughs. The sound is captivating. Others think of laughing as a noise that comes from the mouth, but as she watched him laugh, close enough she could feel vibrations from the sound, it was nothing like that. The laugh was in his eyes, in the way his face changed into that vision of relaxed joy and unrestrained mirth. Just the sound of his gales brought a lighter feeling within Aurelia, though she did not return his laugh with anything, not even a smile.

Desires change constantly, but she was very well aware of that. One minute she wanted this but the next she was trying to get that only to end up with something different altogether. Watcher aknowledges that he has only seen two sides of the gold-encrusted mare and she smirks- just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a tilting of the head. She is a puzzle. Yet with puzzles always there are more paths than clues, screaming to be figured out, but hard to do so.

Watcher desires power, and Aurelia is immedietely unsure if he means magical powers or to rule a heard. The later option is the one that piques her interest. She had never pegged him as the domineering ruling kind, but perhaps in some ways she could see it. He was quiet and observant, a watcher- the Watcher. Should he be a ruler, she was sure that no one would get away with anything- but where was the fun in that? However, it was probable he meant magic power, which was still fascinating, but far less so to the once blood-lust crazed mare. "Interesting," she offered. Curious to know more, but not so enough to ask. Instead, she diverts the conversation back to herself for just a moment before it moves on. "I used to want to be a queen." Though she felt that this was intimate knowledge, for it was the first time she was truly revealing this verbally to anyone, everyone already knew this. She had challenged a lead mare for the title as queen, and though she failed miserably, she learnt an abundance in the process.

Watcher asks how her child is. Did Watcher think the babe was lost? She was surely around here somewhere, it would just take a moment to relocate her. Though doing a less than adequate job at it, Aurelia was determined not to lose this one (permanently, at least, she had already lost her once or twice). This time she was not going to leave her child to wander around aimlessly, held tilted upward to scan the faces of the adults that moved like shoals of fish from here to there- every few steps stopping to scream for momma, only to get drowned out by the noise of hooves and rain and sadness.

She lurches forward, attempting to close the short distance between them rapidly. Trying to bump her nose against his briefly, a sole word is ushered from her lips. "Come," she breaths, before turning away from him a bounding away, her body dissappearing into the trees and rain. She hopes he will follow.

like a deer in the headlights i meet my fate

image credits
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
She latches onto his words, his endeavor for power. It spoke to her, coaxing a deep desire up to the surface. A dream that was perhaps not entirely given up on. She had wanted to be queen. He could see her aspiring to such a lofty height. But somehow the role as a queen seemed far to restricting for the mare. "It seems we all want to be the rulers of herds at some point." He commented. "I too had dreamed of defeating my father and claiming his kingdom for my own." It was more than he had shared with anyone. His past, his lineage. Yet like Aurelia he found himself sharing a part of himself no one had ever seen before. Oh yes, he had dreamed of ruling over all as he ascended to the role of the strongest within the herd. The pick of the mares, the legions he would command. So much power. It had been tantalizing, once.

"What would you do, if you became Queen? This land has no herds, though it could support many. What kind of herd would you lead?" He was curious. She had desired this once, certainly she had put some thought into it. Even if they were simply dreams. Unrealistic or otherwise. He wanted to know more about the woman before him. A quick touch of her nose and the briefest of words. 'Come.' Then she was gone. He raised a brow before moving to follow. His skin protested as he picked up into a gallop. It itched and hurt where the burns were, but he ignored it. He was good at that. He followed closely behind her, never losing sight of the golden kissed mare in front of him.

talk talk talk talk
Watcher
I'm sorry if you don't like my honest.
But to be fair,
I don't like your lies.

@Aurelia <3
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
she smiled softly
but this time it was different
her face smiled, but her eyes didn't

The stallion asks her what kind of herd she would lead and her optics slipped away from his. This was always the part she struggled with, the part that never could truly quite fall into place. What variety of herd would Aurelia guide: one of anarchy and power or one of brotherhood and devotion? One of scouts and knights or one of physicians and sages? In her time alive, she'd never quite fully seen a herd that had been high-grade at it all. She didn't know what she desired and this was why she had yet to be a monarch. One cannot lead if they grow agitated and frustrated every time the path they walk on forms a fork. "I have no idea for every side of me yearns for something different," is all she reveals before their conversation continues.

All the trees were tightly-knit, just one strand in a massive web of life. And here were Ruwin and Aurelia, two oddities in a mutated world with magic, complex verbiage, buildings, tangible gods, and so much more. One would think such flash and flare would disrupt the serene naturalness of the forest, but it did the opposite- enhancing the quaint beauty that settled over the area like dew in the morn. They themselves were not decorated too inorganically- she after fire, with her bright and burning dapples like the sparkle of flames, and he after water, a buckskin with defined blue lines akin to the waves of the ocean. In the strangest yet most beautiful sense of the word: they fit here. As they began to run off, darting through the trees like natives well-versed on the ins and outs of this land, it all seemed normal- for once.

When they weave around a particularly thick tree, Aurelia halts abruptly, whipping her tail around for a moment, her eyes watching the area keenly, looking for something- looking for Aei'ith. The faintest nicker leaves her lips, the dulcet sound leaving her jaw in waves of warmth. It takes only a second for the small pitter-patter of hooves on the ground to begin, a grin revealing the mare's teeth as her child steps forth into view of the pair. The child looks at her mother, a soprano whinny screeching ungracefully from her lips (for who knew any child that was graceful?). The toddler splash then switches her attention to Watcher, watching him with wide doe eyes, a sweet and pure innocence shrouding her every characteristic.

Unsure of who her mother has brought to meet her, she doesn't step towards him, instead, she eyes his metallic wings with an intrigued glint. At her flank, her two baby-wings, still covered with splotches of fur rather than feathers, begin flapping wildly. There is no order to the movements, just sporadic flapping. Her small jaw opens in an overexaggerated 'O' shape as she breaths in as if winding up to speak. "HI! I'M AEI'ITH!" The words come out too loud and high-pitched, but with a bravery to be envious of. Her toddler lisp and inability to pronounce words due to her young age means that everything soundslikeonereallylongword. Aurelia turns to Watcher with the biggest smile possible on her face, genuinly so proud of her daughter and just simply happy.

talk talk talk
Aurelia

{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
"That is the beauty and curse of life." He commented. He himself drifted through life. It had been so long since he had truly wanted something. After he has realized his revenge, his only goal for so long had been to survive. Now, with his recent defeat, it was to grow stronger. But there was so much more he had wanted to do, wanted to explore. Now he was at a standstill. A flowing river set on a single path, never bothering to explore other options until something blocked his way. His old self would have been disgusted with the complacent horse he had become. What he needed was another thing to throw himself into. A purpose.

"A herd that explores various different things then. One who's soul purpose is to explore and grow in different areas that would allow you to immerse yourself in all of them at your leisure." He was musing allowed now. His mind had began working out various ways a system like that could work, and fail. There had to be a connecting link, a driving force that held it all together. Naturally that would be the role of the leader, though Aurelia could be too unpredictable for that. Then again, he only knew what he had seen. She could come to surprise him.

He was not sure how he felt about the fact that she had not pressed further when he had mentioned his father. Had not asked how his dream had unfolded. She could simply assume that he had lost and was then banished. Or had given up on the idea when he had grown older. Part of his was relieved, another disappointed. Had she asked, he would have answered. He would have told her the truth. Of the blood he that stained his soul. Would she care? Why did he care? Because he had begun to truly trust her. That was not a simple thing. Trust had not come easily since his sister's death. In fact, he had never trusted another again. Which was why he should not stain it with stories of how heh ad helped destroy an entire herd.

They slowed. He watched and waited. He was still sorting through his inner thoughts and emotions when the young girl appeared. It happened slowly, like a sunrise. A softness took over the man, a small smile touching his lips. Warmth entered those cold, emotionless eyes as he watched her. She was so small, so beautiful. He held her gaze as she considered him. Then she blurted out her introduction. For the second time that day, the man laughed. He lowered his head and blew a breath through his nose, that would tickle her own. Should she not pull away. "Hello, Aei'lth." he rumbled. "I am Watcher, it is a pleasure to meet you, again." He spoke to so gently. The little babe he had guarded at birth. The one who bore his mother's name. For the first time in years, the man was open with his emotions. Before mother and daughter, one could see the true light of kindness that lay buried deep within him.

Aurelia was right to assume that he had been broken by his former life. When his sister died in his arms, his own heart had died with her. He had lost himself then. Collapsing into the silent being that he was now. His fire had become tempered and he had been born a new being. Though parts of the old Ruwin remained, he would never be the same. But he did not regret it. he was who he was. He may not be the same horse that he was yesterday, or the day after that, fore life was change. But there would forever be a core to the man that would never stray far from that which he was.

talk talk talk talk
Watcher
I'm sorry if you don't like my honest.
But to be fair,
I don't like your lies.

@Aurelia
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D