This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Vision of Hope
Open Halyven 
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
AURELIA

Aurelia was in quite a mood now. She wasn't sure if it was the pregnancy hormones or just simply lack entertainment recently, but she wanted to cause mischief. Their bodies bumped and brushed against each other every few steps, lighting Aurelia's skin on fire (metaphorically, though she could also combust literally if she was angry enough). The spires were now just a remote thought in the back of her mind.

Aurelia hadn't gotten a good flirt in for a long time. She hadn't even flirted with Brendan all that much to get pregnant, it had simply been an act of passionless passion amidst Helovia's untimely demise. It was very like Aurelia to be mid-fuck as the world around collapsed. Now, however, was a different story. There was no chaos happening right now. There was no end-of-the-world. There wasn't anything but a spark formed out of boredom.

As she walks, smiling prettily for the stallion, she thinks about her beautiful Helovian mate. She was lightning and Aurelia was fire. She was controlled and sweet and Aurelia was wild and harsh. This stallion was so unlike her mate had been. He was simple and straightforward (or at least it seemed so from what Aurelia could tell). Aurelia and Destry had been one huge spark. It had begun quickly but it had also died equally as fast. Even though Aurelia still wanted another huge spark, one that takes her breath away and leaves her happy and fluttery, she wasn't actively looking for it. She was pregnant and wanted to focus on the baby before she focused on anything else.

When the golden mare asks blue-grulla, he doesn't offer much of an answer. Actually, he doesn't offer anything close to her answer. He offers an inquiry right back to Aurelia who eyes him from her peripheral vision. Hm. "I don't have a story, babe." From her chest rose a dulcet laugh. "I have a fucking novel." Never had a truer statement been made.

Of course, the random vague sass was not going to get their conversation very far, so Aurelia decided to actually divulge some information about herself to the stranger. "Well.. I'm from Helovia." Her voice was flirty, but not to the point of sexual vulgarity. "I'm probably..." she quickly eyed him up and down. "A few years older than you." She wasn't really sure what to say, so she just began saying whatever came to her mind. "And my favorite color is yellow." She reached her whiskered snout towards him, trying to brush her muzzle against the stallion in a playful nudge. "Are you going to tell me anything about yourself?" Another giggle left her jaw as her eyes traveled from where she nudged him back to his face. They'd walked for a bit, and Aurelia slowed her pace to subtly hint that they should stand here when they reached a spot that was moderately shaded thanks to the large spire.

à la folie;
to madness
image || coding
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta

R I X E N

Aurelia brushed against me again, and I did not flinch or shy away from her touch. My body tingled a little when our hides touched. I noticed something was off about her, but I couldn’t exactly place it. Without turning my head too much, I scanned her body. It occurred to me as my emerald orbs moved across it that her pale barrel was abnormally round. She was pregnant. Maybe this had something to do with why she was suddenly behaving as though she was attracted to or trying to attract me. Intuition told me that it was for amusement rather than with serious intentions.

She was trying to put on a show for me. I could see it in the way she walked, in the way that she smiled at me, even in her golden eyes. I went along with it anyway, flicking my tail in such a way that it lightly grazed her hindquarters. I was not the romantic type, but I knew she was not in it for the romance. Neither was I. However, I did not mind a little bit of harmless flirting. At least it kept the shallow waters of my mind occupied. 

At the same time, as Aurelia mentioned her own extensive novel, thoughts of my past - my homeland crossed the depths of my mind. Did I have a novel? Like anyone, I had a past, but I did not think mine was anything special or extravagant. Talking about it made me uncomfortable. The feeling had less to do with me caring about what Aurelia thinks. It's derived from my own discomfort with where I've come from, my own feelings of sorrow when thoughts of the destruction of everything I knew rose up again from the catacomb of my memories. After the destruction of my beloved herd, most of my life had been spend wandering. My family was long gone. Those tragic events of my life were years past. They were not fresh on my mind. I pushed them away, and they'd had quite a while to settle into the back of my thoughts. I never spoke much of where I came from or how I had arrived in the Rift, especially not to strangers. I was not an open book, and I intended to keep it that way. 

The Rift gave me the opportunity to be anything I wanted. Who could I be? What would I say about myself? I could be anything, anyone, that I wanted. No one was keeping track anymore. There were no boundaries to limit me save for my own morals. The real question was how to answer Aurelia. She told me that she was from Helovia. Helovia. The name was familiar to me. I remembered Otem telling me that she had also come to the Rift from Helovia. I supposed that Aurelia was one of the other horses that she had referenced when she spoke of there being others who had fallen through the portal.

Aurelia paused. I felt her golden orbs move across my body, their focus tracing its way from my antlered head to my tiger-striped coat to my ashen hooves. Her gaze made my hair stand on end as if it were electric. I did not know exactly how to feel about what was happening, a stag like myself being 'checked out' by a pregnant and possibly hormone-crazed mare. At this point I was not really sure how I felt about everything but regardless, I played along with it. Flirting never hurt anyone, right? Keeping my wits about me, I replied huskily, "My favorite color is green." I did not flinch as she reached out to brush her velvet muzzle against me, instead flashing a crooked smile. "I don't know. What do you want to hear?" I counter, my voice honeyed this time. Funny to think that only moments ago we had been so deep in conversation about repairing the broken spires. It was just talk, anyway. The two of us would never be able to build even a small one alone, and so the spires would have to wait. Aurelia was so close to me now that when I breathed her scent filled my nostrils. We had walked a short distance, stopping in the shade provided by the fragments of another spire. Already the spires seemed like a distant memory.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Aurelia the Hopebringer
AURELIA

Aurelia was having fun now. The touches, the brushes, his tresses whipping her side, leaving a delicious sting. It was all in good fun. Of course, this was a rare occurrence for the golden babe. There was no desire for chaos or destruction here, just flirting. They were playing a game for adults now, every move seemingly carefree, but truthfully not so much.

Rixen was seemingly perceptive the gold beluga whale next to him (or at least that's what the pregnant mare felt like) which was halfway surprising, but not completely. When he piped up and answered her, his voice was husky. He claims his favorite color is green. The pegasus could see him liking green; he looked like a green-lover (whatever that even means, really). He, again, doesn't divulge any information. Aurelia was tired of coaxing him out of his shell, so when he simply asks what she wants to know, she asks a simple, vague question that he can answer in a multitude of ways. "Tell me, Rixen," she says softly, kindly. "Have you ever been in love?" The question felt surreal leaving her lips. Had she really asked that?

Love was such a strange concept. You could fall in love. You could be in love. You could fall out of love. And somehow it feels like you aren't living your life to its fullest if you never find love. Why are horses that are reclusive, loveless beings expected to change themselves to conform to a world that expects everyone to be in herds, groups, pairs. Aurelia, for one, was turning away from the idea of love. She doubted she'd find it again, and if she did she was sure it wouldn't last.

"I think I've been in love before," she mused to the stallion. "What counts as being 'in love'?" Had she been in love with Destry? or Gaucho or Mauja or Africa? Had she been in love with Voodoo or Rostislav? Kahlua? Was she in love with Rixen? The answer to these questions was all probably no, but what really counts? If she teetered back and forth on the fine line between love and hate- could it ever really count as true love?

"Certainly someone has been in love with you." It was such a quietly said statement that the stallion probably wouldn't have even heard it. She meant more by it. He was kind and attractive and sweet and easy-going, but what was Aurelia? Of course someone would love him- he was the epitome of normal, but for Aurelia... who? The simple statement was a compliment to the stallion, but an insult to herself. Of course someone could love him, but no one would her.

She had to quietly recompose herself. Her thoughts were beginning to scatter. The darker part of her brain, the part where her soul had been ripped from her body when her companion died, began reeling. It was as if the seams of her mind were being torn apart and shredded. By recomposing herself, she was able to gain control of her mind again. There was no need to fall off the wagon, not now, hopefully not ever.

à la folie;
to madness
image || coding
Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N

Had I ever been in love? Aurelia’s words echoed in my ears. I never thought about love much. Growing up, it was never something that was on my mind. And then before I knew it, I was left to fend for myself, my herd scattered, my family gone. Because I had spent nearly half of my life wandering alone, I had lost touch with the part of myself that knew how to form relationships. Though rusty, with each new face I came across in the Rift I was remembering how to interact again. Slowly, but surely. Being an honest creature, I gave Aurelia and honest answer. "No." However awkward, my reply was truthful.

Should I be embarrassed that I had never been in love? Should I feel regret? If I was supposed to, I didn’t feel any. Of course, one day I hoped to find out what love was like. But I was young and I had plenty of time ahead of me to have a taste of whatever love was for myself. I was in no hurry. Looking in Aurelia’s direction but without making eye contact, I murmur, "You speak of love as if it is a part of the past..." My speech is more to myself than directed at her. A pregnant mare...wandering the Rift... by herself. She need not give an explanation. I could connect the dots on my own. Not wanting to be nosy, I refrained from questioning her further. If she wanted to tell me more, however, I was willing to listen. 

Trying to define love was like using a cannon to kill a mosquito. Was it the butterflies you got when you saw that special someone? Was it the contentment you felt by their side? Was it the mutual respect? Compatibility? Companionship? Or was it none of that at all? Perhaps love wasn’t all of these good things alone, but instead infused with a mixture of exhilaration and pain and hate and grief and passion. Love could be something so great that it was terrible altogether. And then there was always a chance that love was not something pretty or beautiful at all. It was difficult to pinpoint a single, perfect definition. Especially if you were like me, and you had never really experienced such feelings for yourself. I could only speculate. "I think..." I pause, grasping for words, "I think of love as a powerful force that can either bring two beings together, or rip them apart." I didn’t really know how to put love into words. Perhaps that was because it was impossible. I continued, "That is only my interpretation, of course. Love is something we must define for ourselves."

I was a little embarrassed to find myself getting all philosophical about something so sappy. It wasn’t like I knew what I was talking about. My face and neck felt a little hot, but I couldn’t tell if it was because I was embarrassed or because Aurelia was so close to me that I could feel the warmth of her breath.    

Her next words were a compliment to me, but her tone was laced with bitterness. I wondered who had hurt the mare badly enough that she felt this way. What was it that had gone so wrong that she would pour bitterness out to a complete stranger? "You’re wrong." I replied softly. She had gotten quiet so suddenly, as if a bucket of water had been dumped on the fire within her and extinguished it. Though I searched her face for any clue as to what she was thinking, I found nothing. I didn’t know whether or not to try and comfort her. So I did nothing and said nothing more, for fear of doing or saying something wrong. 

"Talk."

Aurelia the Hopebringer
AURELIA

"Very in the past." She said, confirming Rixen's statement, but also declaring that it was a very, very long time ago. "I think she was my one shot at love." Aurelia was completely oblivious to the fact that the stallion thought her forlorn take on love was due to more recent happenings. Aurelia hardly knew the stallion that played a role in the creation of the life that blossomed in her stomach. In fact, she hardly even thought about that stallion anymore. The pegasus wasn't even talking about a he at all, but rather a she- the most wonderful she that ever stepped foot in Helovia.

Rixen's words are perhaps more profound than he thought them to be. Love heals and hurts. Love mends and tears. Love brings horses together but also rips them apart. To have togetherness, there must also be separation. Could it be said that those who never find love live the middle way of life, the balance between all of the extremes, whereas those who do find love live in only extremes? Was it truly worth feeling the most excruciating pain if it means there will also be immense pleasure along the way? It was the way of life, the yin and yang- you can't have one without the other.

The thing about love is that it obliterates everything in its path. Love doesn't care if your mare, stallion, or anything in between. Love doesn't care if you're young or old. Love doesn't care if you're deaf, mute, or blind. In some strange twirly and twisty way, love had found it's way to Aurelia. The pegasus was too terrified of love to search for it but craved it so badly that it was painful. Her mind always said don't do it, you'll get hurt but her heart always sobbed it's worth it. And on top of it all, there was the issue of insanity. Aurelia does not have half of her soul. How can one ever properly love with no soul? She wasn't normal, she never was. Yet still, love had managed to find her. How was she expected to have a positive outlook on love when everything was just so fucking confusing? Love had thoroughly wrecked Aurelia in a multitude of unprecedented ways, but it also gave her some of the greatest joys in life: a mate, children, a home.

"You're wrong." She gave him a pointed look as she opened her mouth, ready to fire back some retort at him, but she was at a loss for words and shut her mouth. She simply gazed at the stallion, trying to form a proper string of words to say something- anything- in response. Eventually, she just offered a simple "perhaps so" to the unicorn. Truthfully, he may have been right. Aurelia, not so surprisingly, never knows what others think about her and she always believes the worst over the best.

Her brow furrowed as her thoughts continued to turn into some sort of mush. Fact mixed with fiction; feelings mixed with the truth. Even she couldn't understand her own thoughts at this point. Complex topics- though absurdly interesting- often sent Aurelia into a spiral of chaos that left her at a loss for words and a flabberghasted expression of her features. Avoiding such a demise to the otherwise pleasant conversation, Aurelia said the most random thought, that would still make sense in the conversation but didn't directly talk about love, in order to change the topic: "You're quite a character, you know."

à la folie;
to madness
image || coding
Rixen the Vine King
R I X E N

Aurelia said she when she spoke of her lover. Aurelia liked...mares? And she was pregnant. These things did not quite add up in my head, but they didn’t have to. That was none of my business. Though I was always questioning or asking questions about the world around me, I made sure to never ask too many personal questions. At least not right away. These would be stories for another time. Or perhaps they would be locked away deep within the vault of forever, and eventually, forgotten. Only time could tell. 

I took Aurelia’s remark as a compliment. "As are you, Aurelia," The reply rolled smoothly off of my tongue. I didn’t think I was too interesting, but I was flattered by the idea that someone else did. My story so far was the typical tragedy. No, I hadn’t lived long, but I too had experienced my share of loss. For now, the various woes of my life lay dormant in the library - the collection of books that was my past. In due time I would pull my dusty memories off of the shelves. Now, the pages were turning and my story was beginning again here in the Rift. At the end of it all I hoped that I could write a novel. And maybe even a few sequels, or something. 

I felt our conversation coming to a close. Oh, what a wild ride it had been, from talk of the Rift to flirting to pondering love. In the process, we had gone from strangers to...well, I wouldn’t say friends. Nevertheless, Aurelia had become someone I knew. She was one less unfamiliar face in a world of so so many unfamiliarities, and for that I was thankful. The golden-dappled mare was an interesting character. Her golden eyes burned with a distinctive kind of fire, as did her words. There was an air of mystery about her that intrigued me. 

Letting out a snort, a "Well," escaped my lips as if I was going to say something more. But the words stopped flowing just as soon as they started. Not knowing what else to say, I allowed the complete absence of sound to wash over us. Aurelia remained silent, so I assumed that she did not know what to say either. For several moments, neither of us spoke. We stood in silence, enveloped in our own thoughts. 

At last, I broke the silence. "I’ll see you around, I hope? Maybe one day we shall finally get around to fixing these spires - after we heal the Rift, that is. After all, this land is our home now, and we ought to take care of it." I wink at the mare, resuming my sprightly demeanor. I couldn’t stay here among the ruins of the spires all day, and I was certain that Aurelia had things to do, being pregnant and all. Turning to go, I shifted my body away, out of the shadows and into the midday sun. The glowing ball of light that hovered beside my shoulder danced after me.  

"Talk."

Aurelia the Hopebringer
AURELIA

Rixen says Aurelia is the same. Yes, she is quite a character, more than Rixen would ever probably know. At face value, she seems disorientated and erratic, but beneath that is even more. It can't be stressed enough that Aurelia is practically insane. She doesn't think, feel, or act like any other horses. Aurelia is uniquely Aurelia.

As things grow quiet, Aurelia can feel everything winding down. Perhaps it was for the better they split up now. Surely Aurelia would've done something passive aggressive soon that made the entire meeting go sour.

Overall, the stallion left a positive impression of the golden mare, but it wasn't enough for Aurelia to exhaust herself seeking his attention in the future. They played well with each other but for them to become true friends they needed some sort of connection- a spark that screams we are compatible in some way. Getting along fine is not forming a true connection. Should they run into each other in the future, Aurelia was certain she would say hello and reconnect a bit, but she wouldn't be overly excited.

He closes their talk with a simple 'I'll see you around.' She nods yes, confirming that he would probably see her around and she him. The stallion brings up the spires as a closing point, mentioning again their reconstruction and the necessity to heal the land. "I agree wholeheartedly." She wanted to heal the land, to be part of something as important as saving an entire territory. Having a use was always important to Aurelia so the reconstruction of the spires would become her use.

Eventually, the stallion begins to walk away, his orb bouncing after him. "Until next time," she says through a smile at his retreating form. She lingers around the spires long after he is gone, exploring with intense curiosity. Could they actually rebuild them? Would the Rift even allow that?

ooc; it was fun!!! sorry aurelia is crazy and her posts are irratic and weird ;-; <3

à la folie;
to madness
image || coding