This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Gift of God
Open Floating Key  Birthing Thread for Aei'ith
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
AURELIA
Watcher. She wasn't sure if it suited him, she didn't know him, but if he was called Watcher then so be it. He didn't really awknowledge Aurelia's awkward response to his question, which was understandable. If someone had said that to her she would've just said what the fuck and moved on. Clearly, he was kinder than she was (which wasn't that large of an accomplishment).

As they heard the sound of running water, Watcher commented that they were near. Well, no shit. Aurelia had picked up on the sound of water too and didn't need a play-by-play, but instead, she just offered him a curious hmm... She wondered what this little hideaway had in store, and part of her was very excited to find out.

As they turn the last bend, the beautiful scene enters eyesight. If it had to be described in two words, they would be romantic and so, so helpful. Aurelia followed Watcher's lead into the little pond. At first, she followed him hesitantly. The Rift would definitely play a cruel joke on Aurelia with the little pond. As she waded in behind the stag, she was easily able to imagine Watcher being some kind of worker for the Rift that draws all sorts of helpless Helovians to this little pool just to drown them and strip them of their magic. The Rift is cruel. The Rift is evil. But above all, the Rift is alive. It could definitely hire the help of native Riftians, Aurelia was certain.

The stallion peers back at Aurelia, silencing all of her worries as he says she is the first person he's brought here. "Was it by choice, or because I followed you here?" She joked with the stallion. Aurelia knew the only reason she was here now was that she was so intent on following him and talking to him. She wasn't stupid, she was persistant.

After a few moments, Aurelia finds that she is comfortable enough to wade deeper. Her fat body lurches forwards, creating ripples around her as she does so. Ivory wings spread out at her sides, floating on the surface of the water. With the lockets help, they sparkle wildly now. Had Watcher thought Aurelia was a spectacle before, he would think even more so now. Her wingspan was massive. And despite her wings being far too large for her frame, they were more elegant than awkward now spread out so elegantly on the water. Her blonde and gold fur, now wet, had changed colors. The solid white spots on her body and face turned pinkish as the skin underneath began showing through the wet fur. Her golden dapples and markings had darkened as her fur retained the water. Aurelia was still the white and gold beauty she'd always been, but now she was also wet. She'd always looked good wet. It was a shame, really. Aurelia was actually a very attractive mare, but her insanity and irrationality always kept others from seeing her beauty.

The water began rising above her back as she stepped deeper and deeper into the pool. The pegasus froze rather abruptly as she felt her uterus tighten in an uncomfortable way. She'd felt this before. Four times to be exact. She'd felt this before she gave birth to each of her four foals.

An awkward sort of mumble left her mouth as she retracted her wings from their spread out position and started making her leave from the pool. When the water was around her knees, her legs stopped moving and mumbled awkwardly again. Mostly, the little mumbles were to herself, but she was sure Watcher wanted to know what was going on. "How long will it take my wings to dry?" She couldn't fly back to the mainland with drenching wet wings, she would fall from the sky. "And how long do you think flying back would be?" Why would the stag know either of those answers? It was too late anyways. if her wings dried extremely quickly she still wouldn't make the flight back. It would be quite the scene if Aurelia gave birth mid-flight. God.. talk about a bad mother.

"I think.. I think it's time to give birth," she mumbled quietly to her company.

à la folie;
to madness
image || coding
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
The stone faced stallion allowed a small smile to soften his features at her comment. "There are other watering holes I could have led you to. " He answered. "Though none are as sheltered as this." The cliffs formed a half circle around the pool, providing a small wall against attack. So long as their assailants weren't gifted with flight. The sandy beach bite far enough into the jungle to make it nearly impossible to sneak on them, the white sand did little to camouflage anyone. And the water so was so clear it was obvious nothing lurked beneath the waves. Nothing had ever come up to eat him, anyways.

Being so far from the main land the key had yet to be swallowed by the darkness that had seeped into the soil of the continent. Though the creatures here were odd, they were not entirely effected by the evil that filled the world. To call the key safe would be a lie. Safer, might even be stretching things a bit. What ever the case, one did not feel the tendrils of the dark sickness tugging at your soul quite as much as the lands across the waves. It was another reason the stallion came here, to escape the darkness. he had chosen to still come to his secret spot despite his unwelcomed guest because he didn't care to be leading a pregnant mare around the jungle all day. That and if they did come other attack he did not want to be responsible for keeping her safe. Somehow he doubted that she would hold back or run from a threat, even when so heavy with child. It would make things more difficult if he had to worry about all of this. He knew he wouldn't be able to up and abandon her if something did attack. Something within him was still kind, though he did not often show it.

His eyes, as clear as the pool that lay before him, watched the mare enter the waters. The spring seemed to expound upon her beauty as she sparkled like an ingot of gold beneath the waves. Perhaps he should have felt something towards her, an attraction of sorts. But he felt no stirring within him. That emotion was lost to him long ago. It lay with the bodies of his family. He buried half of it under his youngest sister. The rest was rotting beneath the body of his father, slain by his own hands. So he merely observed her with the same cool gaze as before. At least one of them was enjoying themselves. Her pleasure was short lived though as she came to a jerking halt.

His ears perked forward as he sensed a new urgency coming from the mare. A stone formed in his gut as she emerged from the waters. Something was wrong. Her questions were enough of an answer for him and he cursed under his breath. He was not a stupid stallion, though she seemed to think him one. "Not quickly enough." He answered, moving to stand beside her as he looked for a suitable place for her. He knew the child was coming before she stated it. "Come. It is too open here." He said, hoping to steer her towards the cliffs near the falls where there was a slight overhang. It was not much of a shelter, but it would have to do. At least they'd have the cliff to their backs and water to one side. The less points of attack, the better. One never knew what would be attracted by the scent of a birth.

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

(Sorry it took me so long!)
Aurelia the Hopebringer

undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you alive.

She was guided off of the small sandy shore of the crystal-clear pool to a more secluded spot by Watcher. The ground was somewhat shielded where he had guided her, covered by an overhang, walled in by the waterfall. "I'm going give birth." Her statement was so plain- so black and white. She'd already told him that, but she needed to remind herself, too. This was happening and it was happening now. Her uterus continued to tighten every so often in painful contractions. Her motherly instincts were on high alert, leaving her slightly worried. Was it safe to give birth here? Would some strange monster come snatch the baby the moment it left her body? The thought was horrifying.

Aurelia, above all else, was embarrassed. Childbirth is such a private thing for mares. Oftentimes mares would go somewhere secluded to give birth before returning back home with the foal. Of course, Helovians were a bit different and actually rather enjoyed having a sort of team on hand: a medic, emotional support, and witnesses. Everything Aurelia was and did prove she was so different from other Helovians. And because of this, she felt uncomfortable with a witness to her baby's birth. In the back of her mind, the memory of the portal monster reaching for one of her ribs, touching her stomach- touching her baby- replays itself on repeat. Had the darkness killed her baby? The thought of giving birth to a murdered baby was so disturbing she couldn't fathom it. Even if it wasn't dead, would it be badly mangled and deformed from her recent adventures while extremely high on opium?

Slowly sinking to the ground, Aurelia decided that right in this very spot was where she would birth her fifth child. After a moment's struggle, her fat body was on the ground. Her large wings shielded her bloated body from view. The pegasus hadn't rolled over on her side yet to give birth. Instead, she rested calmly on her stomach, with her front legs bent at the knee and folded under her and her back legs positioned to the side. "I don't know if you've ever seen a pregnancy," she offered quietly before continuing. "Or helped with one," Her eyes drifted towards her belly, hidden behind her soft, ivory wing. "I.. I don't know what to say, really." She felt uncomfortable. She'd never really had to explain she was giving birth and wasn't exactly sure what to do. She didn't need help, she'd done this four times before. It'd never felt awkward to give birth, but for some reason, it did right now.

A sharp pain formed in her gut. Groaning, the golden mare moved to lay flatly on her side. It was time. Time to give birth. Time to bring a new life into the world. Time to become a mother all over again.

She began pushing, seemingly every muscle in her 15hh frame contracting. The heated Tallsun (the season Aurelia presumed it was because she knew nothing about Riftian seasons) air paired with the arduous task of giving birth made her very, very hot. Was she not already wet from her quick dip in the pond, one would have been able to see her coat dampen with each passing moment from copious amounts of sweat. It seemed to last forever, the pushing and then the waiting and then more pushing. Her energy was quickly draining.

And then it was over and a baby laid by her side.

Aurelia's eyes fell on the child and instantly felt territorial. That thing was a baby- and it had come out of her uterus. The baby was a filly. She was a precious little thing- no horrid deformities from her time with opium or the portal's shadow monster. The upper half of her body was a brown color and her legs and underbelly were white. Her face had a thick white blaze that melted into a white medicine hat. A top her crown were two, small nubs. The two nubs were placed side-by-side where two large and proud antlers would eventually sit true and proud. At her skinny flanks, wings sprout in the same tawny-orange color as her body. The sparse hairs that make up her mane and tail are blonde. Her forelock is a few shades lighter, making it a cream sort of color. "Baby girl.." Aurelia cooed to her newborn. "Beautiful, beautiful, baby girl." The world was too ugly for the child- for any child. The horrors of the world were too grand for such a small life. She moved from her side back onto her stomach, paying attention solely to her child, momentarily forgetting about her company (who had just witnessed one of life's many wonders). After a few precious exchanges with her child, Aurelia does acknowledge the stallion. She peers up at him through her white lashes, a huge, cheesy grin forming on her velvet lips. "I'm a mom again." It was such a relief to see the healthy foal wriggling beside her. She had been so worried for so long. The extra time being pregnant had truly made her question if the foal was going to be alright or not. To see that everything had gone smoothly, perfectly was all she ever hoped for her gestation period.

ooc; it was only a few days don't worry about it! c: replied right away because aurelia completely wrote herself here so everything fell together fairly quickly !

aurelia

Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
When he was sure that she was settled in the sand, the stallion turned away. he had seen birth before, but it was for his own mother. Someone he knew and loved. This mare was a stranger, he had no right to be in her presence at such an intimate moment. But he was here. That was life. So he turned his back to her, head up ears alert as he scanned the world beyond. He would be her wall. A shield against anything that may try to harm the mare and the child entering this world. He remained calm as he listened to the mare's labored breathing as the fought to bring life into the world. But he did not look back, did not intrude any more than needed.

When her words reached him he answered in his normal manner. "Once. At the birth of my youngest sister." But unlike normal a softness entered his tone at the mention of his beloved sibling. At the mention of helping though he smiled, shooting a quick glance back. His last sight of his unwanted guest until this whole thing ended. "You mares seem to need little help. You rarely do in most matters." Funny, he mused quietly, this was the most he had spoken with another being in a long while. He must be growing soft.

He remained quiet throughout the endeavor, keeping watch as a miracle happened behind his back. Despite her groans and labors he did not detect anything that made him worry. Nothing seemed amiss. So he trusted that Aurelia was doing fine. She was doing her job, he would do his. He was a useless healer and he hoped there would be no need for one. He could guard against beasts, he couldn't help save her or her foal if something went wrong on her end. He'd be a sorry guard if those he was protecting died because of his inadequacies. He couldn't have that happen, again. Time seemed to tick by agonizingly slow. Each second stretching out into a painful minute. Until finally the noises behind him ceased, replaced by the words of a proud mother. He turned to look at the little life that lay beside Aurelia, taking in her beauty with a quiet demeanor. A softness seemed to settle over the stallion's countenance as he watched mother and child. Her returned her goofy grin with a small smile of his own. "It seems you are." He replied.

The foal seemed healthy, despite all that her and her mother had gone through. That was a relief. He remembered the last time he had seen a foal so young. How weak and frail she had been even at that tender age. How their mother fought to protect her when their father sought to take his newborn sister's life before it had truly begun. All because she was too weak, to frail, too perfect. She had become the light of his world. A tender flower. An angel with a heart of gold. She had been his treasure, and now she was gone. Yet here he was, still here. Alive and well, with a heart that had lost its love. Witnessing another girl entering this world, taking her first breaths. How cruel life could be. It should have been his sister here, not him. If only he had been able to save her.

talk talk talk talk
Aurelia the Hopebringer

undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you alive.

Watcher makes small remarks, about mares' resilience and his sister, but his words are lost and forgotten amidst the struggle of birthing. The hot breath, the pushing, the sweating, the exertion could make you forget the finer details of a conversation. It is only when she announces she is a mom again that his words begin to stick in her mind instead of entering through one ear and falling out the next immediately after. It seems you are.

The babe begins to stir from her comfortable resting position. Life moves on, and despite how beautiful the moment was, time won't pause for even a second. No matter how much she wished she could just stay and take in the beautiful sight of her filly as she poked around the floor curiously with her snout, she had to keep moving. She hauls her body to its feet, getting acclimated to the lightness of her body. She had carried a fully developed fetus in her uterus for far too long, she'd almost forgotten just how light she was. In order to fly, she had to be lightweight. Her bones were hollow, her muscle was lean, her body was aerodynamic. The pregnancy had certainly fucked around with her perfect balance of weight to muscle ratio, but she was no longer pregnant now and it was a huge relief.

Aurelia quietly stepped towards her foal, the nameless newborn writhed excitedly as Aurelia's whiskered muzzle dropped towards her, hovering very close. Aurelia's upper lip stretches towards the foal, wriggling back and forth in gentle nudges as if to say stand up, just as I have. Responding instantly, the foal tries to position her wobbly, large-kneed legs in a way that will hold her barrel up as she tries to stand forward. Of course, when she heaves forward to stand up she immediately falls. Foals learn the ability to walk in their first hour of life, but it wasn't an instantaneous process. The child releases a sort of disgruntled squeal as she realizes she is back on the floor instead of standing like the golden pegasus. Aurelia simply continues to nudge the child softly.

After a minute or two, the child has attempted to get up again (and was much closer than the first time, but still wasn't able to stand), Aurelia's gaze turns to Watcher. There is kindness and appreciation in her eyes as she looks at the stallion. Perhaps they hadn't exactly gotten off on the right hoof, but he seemed rather pleasant. Aurelia was somewhat worried that she had greatly inconvenienced him by giving birth (after all, not even the child's father could be bothered to be here, he'd vanished after they fucked). "Thank you," she murmurs softly, truly glad that it had been Watcher here instead of anyone else. Sure, she hardly knew him, but he seemed to be a good stranger. Lord knows there could've been worse people to be stuck with while giving birth.

Only a few minutes later, the foal has managed to stand. Her legs are spread awkwardly wide and her eyes are big and bright and fearful but she has somehow managed to hoist her body into a stand position. Her wings, which had been motionless at her flanks, began flapping awkwardly, a surprised look crossing the foal features- a kind of what the fuck are these look.

"I, uh.. I don't have a name picked out." The confession is mumbled, but still audible. Aurelia wasn't even sure the foal was going to make it, giving it a name would've given Aurelia miles and miles of hope. Giving the fetus a name would've made it something real- something that would hurt so fucking bad had it been lost. She didn't really expect Watcher to suggest names, after all that should be the mother's job, but Aurelia was unconventional in most ways, naming foals included. She simply said she didn't have a name because she didn't.

The foal shuffle steps close to Aurelia's side, her small head sliding under her belly in search of her teats, craving colostrum. Though her teats are rather sensitive, she doesn't move away or flinch when the foals lips find them. She curls her head around to the foals, her lips dancing on the foals back, cleaning.

aurelia

Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
He watched the little foal try to stand. Her struggles brought another smile that softened his rugged features, adding to his handsomeness. it wasn't often the stallion smiled, yet he had found himself doing it around this mother and her child. Yes, he was indeed going soft. he decided. But he didn't mind at the moment. There was something captivating about the sight of a newly birthed foal trying to stand. She'd test out her own legs and fail many times before the day was through, but her persistence was pure and beautiful. The core of every being upon this planet as they took their fist steps upon it. He watched her for a moment longer before Aurelia's voice drew his gaze. She thanked him. He snorted, not in his usual irritated manner but instead amused. "I did nothing but stand around on a beach, while you did the work." He said, brushing aside her thanks with surprising humbleness. he never cared to be thanked or praised for something anyone could do. There wasn't anything special in his actions. It was what anyone with a spec of kindness would do.

He looked out into the jungle, scanning for any threats that may have appeared before glancing back at the filly. She had discovered her wings and look absolutely adorable and confused about the strange appendages. He gave a deep chuckle. The rich sound carried over the crystal pool, meshing with the sound of the falls. His sides stilled and his face became stoic once more, the tender softness that had entered his features fading as his usual defenses re-erected themselves. Aurelia soon mumbles that she has not chosen a name. Her were barely audible over the sound of the falls. But he heard them. "My herd would not name their young until they proved themselves in a series of trials, at he age of two. Until then you were an Unnamed." He offered a closely guarded part of himself, his past. Only the strong deserved a name, the weak were not worthy. His youngest sister had been unable to participate in the trials, as such, she had never been given an official name. But that had not stopped Watcher from naming her. It was a blasphemous, rebellious act and he had would have been sorely punished had anyone found out. But he hadn't cared. It had been their little secret. A secret she took to the grave.

But this tradition of naming was not shared by most horses, as such it seem Aurelia was in need of a name. Looking out over the clear waters the unicorn thought. "Aei'ith." he offered. Other than his sister's names it was the only one he knew. He wasn't ready to give up his youngest sibling's name, and he was not about to suggest the name of his living sister, so Aei'ith was his only option. He didn't expect Aurelia to accept the name. Naming a child was a sacred honor, one a mother have the right to. It was a right his father had taken from the mothers of his old herd. He wasn't about to impose his own name upon Aurelia like his father had done many times before. he wouldn't be offended if she told him no. Perhaps the suggestion would help get her creative juices flowing and she would find a suitable name for the pretty little filly.
talk talk talk talk
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Aurelia the Hopebringer

Watcher divulges a tidbit of his past and Aurelia wasn't sure if he was suggesting she wait to name her child or not, but after thinking about it for a moment she decided he was just revealing a fact about himself rather than a suggestion. "Hm. Well, where I'm from, they named me Kill." She shared this fact with to hardly anyone. In fact, Watcher was the first horse she willingly told her name. The mark on her cheek even meant kill, which led to an incident back in Helovia when she felt obligated to tell this slice of information to someone she wasn't ready to tell. Now, however, was not like that. She willingly gave this information, otherwise, she would have silently given a knowing look to the stallion before her.

"I guess we both come from homes with fucked up naming systems." She gave an awkward shrug, not searching for a pity party but not throwing him one either. Every horse had baggage, Aurelia no longer expected pity from others, now would be no different.

Watcher doesn't judge her for not having a name picked out, something she is thankful for. He seemed rather level-headed, which was actually very uncommon. Well, at least uncommon for Aurelia to witness- she often brought out the worst in others unintentionally.

Suddenly, two syllables leave his leaves and leave Aurelia thinking deeply. Aei'ith. She felt moved by the name. It was uncommon, unique, and wildly eccentric- she loved it. She tossed the name around in her mind for a while before refocusing on the stallion. "Aei'th." She repeated the name to him, wondering how it sounded leaving her own lips rather than his. "I like that." She hadn't said that's what I'll name the child, but it was a good indicator that that was the name that would be chosen in a few moments over all the other's that bubbled within her mind.

Eventually, a firm nod is given to the stallion. "Aei'ith will be her name." Aurelia didn't ask where the name came from, nor what it meant because she just liked it. Names that simply fit didn't need to be explained or expanded upon- they just are.

Perhaps it was the broken way he said it as if had two parts instead of one, was what initially drew her to it. Aye..Eeth. It flowed well on her lips as well as his and therefore would probably sound nice no matter who said it. Aurelia liked the fact that it began with an A, similar to her own name. There were so many things that drew her to the name that she simply could not reject it.

The moment had been perfect. There was nothing more to say or do or explain or ask. Their meeting had been complete and full and interesting. They were still somewhat strangers (after all, they had just met), but at the same time intimate things had been witnessed and dark facts from their pasts exposed so in some way they were now far from strangers.

The two horses that had just become three would go their separate ways and live their lives, this moment becoming a memory, only relived in moments of deep thought. Aurelia thought highly of Watcher, who had (except for the very beginning) been pleasant company. Aurelia knew that in the days to come, she would silently hope they would bump into each other again. She didn't want their only moment together to be the birth of her fifth child, not just because it was a strange moment, but because she wanted to create more with him. She still had so many questions, perhaps now more than ever. Still, somehow this moment felt completed in a sweet, endearing sort of way. As Aurelia moves on with her life, should she never see Watcher again, she surely would never forget him.

~fade to black~

aurelia