This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Pixellated Dreams
RP Wanted The Portal 
Pixel the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Pixel nodded, thinking that that sounded plausible. Maybe there had to be a certain number of the balls of hope. Maybe there was a certain percentage that they needed to acquire. It was certainly something reassuring to think of; that they would be able to fix things. Of course, Pixel had no real concept of just how bad things were, just a feeling based on what she had seen so far.

The white mare's eyes lit up a little when she heard there was a gathering place. It wasn't like a herd? Well, that was a bit disappointing, but just to know that she could once more be among a group...That was good. Pixel did not enjoy being alone one bit.

"Would it be okay if I joined you there, then?" Pixel wanted clarification that that was indeed an invite. She didn't want to intrude if not welcome, after all, but she felt a draw to the idea that they could join together.

"Maybe I am. I guess I'll find out," Pixel's voice sounded more steady and optimistic than it had since arriving in the Rift. "Can you tell me anymore about the good parts?"
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

another mind, another soul, another body to grow old.
it's not complicated.

"Of course!" Otem replied immediately. When she had initially proposed that they should start forming something like a herd, it was met with mostly opposition. Well, not quite opposition, but certainly there wasn't anyone who wanted to step up and take charge of the project. And she couldn't do it ... right? And so they'd just sort of left things less solidified than she would have liked. They agreed to look out for one another and to join back up, but not much more than that.

"Like I said, it's just east of here. Even without wings it doesn't take long to get there, and you won't miss it. It's the only place around here with anything like buildings - even though they're all mostly destroyed. We decided to meet there since it's so recognizable and close to the portal."

This was something Otem could answer. She had to remind herself constantly about the good things here, so that the pain of losing her mother and the rest of her family wouldn't weigh so heavily on her soul. "Well, there's a God here. He's called Kisamoa. He isn't ... Well, I don't know if there are Gods where you come from, but he's nothing like the Gods from where I was from. He makes mistakes and he doesn't act like he knows everything. It's ... interesting. But he can also be very kind. He's the one who gave us the balls of hope." Looking outwards, Otem wondered where to start. This land was vast, and she'd only seen a relatively small part of it.

"There's a place where there are manatees that sing. There are caves made out of crystal and trees that can walk around. I found some plants once that made me see things-" Otem paused, not really sure if that was a good thing. But it didn't seem like a bad thing, so she shrugged and continued. "There are the weirdest animals around here though. Most of them are nice and the ones that aren't .. well, it's obvious." Otem though about the Magnus Metus and it's great eye-less face and shuttered.

"Mostly though ... this place needs our help. And I don't know about you, but it's sort of nice to be needed, you know ?"

art by Chloe!

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Pixel the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Pixel made sure that she made a mental note of the general location of where she was going. It would do no good if she couldn't find it, even if Otem assured her that it would be hard to miss. Pixel didn't put anything past her bad luck. Still, she had some hope now that perhaps her luck was about to change, an ironic hope considering she was in a place that clearly had bad luck lurking.

"Kisamoa..." she murmured, wanting to remember that name. She had never heard of any specific gods in her land, but Kisamoa didn't sound half bad. She wondered, if magic was so commonplace here and apparently where some of the other equines had come from, then what was the real difference between anyone and these gods?

The places that Otem told her about sounded fantastic. Pixel wasn't sure what a manatee was, but she did enjoy music. She wanted to see some of these things for herself. She nodded in agreement as the other mare continued. Pixel felt slightly more balanced now that she had some goal in mind. She wasn't quite as eager to just run wherever she might go.

"Yes. You've been so kind and helpful. Thank you." Pixel's voice was sincere, her normally pink muzzle turning to a golden-yellow, a shade that was warm and comforting.
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

another mind, another soul, another body to grow old.
it's not complicated.

"You're welcome." Otem replied, feeling of surge of something like pride bubble up inside of herself. No one would have ever described her mother as being helpful or kind, despite the demi-goddess' best efforts. Otem had always thought she was destined to take after her, but perhaps not ... perhaps the Rift had changed things enough that it was possible for Otem to become her own person.

"If you see a grouping of horses gathered around with their orbs, don't hesitate to join them. Lately we've been asked by the strangest creatures to bring hope to different areas of the Rift ... it can be a little intimidating at times, but if it heals this place, it's worth it."

Feeling that this introductory conversation was coming to an end, the autumn-toned mare offered a tentative smile, feeling slightly awkward, and shuffled her wings. "I should probably go find my owl," Otem offered by way of excuse, looking into the tree branches as if trying to suss out where her companion was. "But I'm sure I'll see you again soon?"

art by Chloe!

Don't forget! once we're done with this thread you can submit it for Rift Force (Meeting a new character + completing a thread).

I LOVE speedy threads like this one, so if you ever want to thread again just let me know, or crash one of mine! :D

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Pixel the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Pixel was feeling so much better after this whole encounter. Maybe there was something to these balls of hope, because that was exactly what Pixel now felt - hopeful. This was a chance at a new start. Perhaps the white Marwari could really make something of herself now.

She nodded. It was in her nature to find groups of equines regardless, but after this encounter she would definitely be more likely to choose groups with the glowing orbs. She was unsure how bad this land was, as she hadn't seen much, but she had a feeling it would definitely be worth it to heal it.

"Yes, I definitely hope to see you again," Pixel nickered, her eyes shining happily. Despite being a little nervous still, she was excited to see what was next.

ooc;
Thank you! I will definitely do that. I had a lot of fun. <3