This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
What are this?
Open The Pinnacle 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
there are no markings on her country roads
no signs that show the way back home

For a moment Otem was disappointed. She'd brought her hope to Rixen, and now they'd brought their collective hope(s) to this place of darkness and nothing had happened. All that Otem wanted to so since deciding to stay in the Rift, was to heal it. She'd done everything that it had asked, and yet still the darkness prevailed. She wanted to bang her hooves against the wall in anger, but even that she now knew would be impossible.

Rixen was saying something, and for a moment she didn't even feel like listening; she only wanted to continue to wallow. But then he said something which struck such a profound chord within her mind, that her eyes snapped towards him so sharply that her forelock briefly covered her eyes. Shaking her head slightly to clear her vision, she found herself nodding as a smile spread across her lips.

..still leaves us with many questions "Yes, and at least one answer." She added taking a breath and then releasing it slowly. "We know that it's at least possible to touch the wall without being injured, and that the orbs of light seem to refuse to go in." Her slender shoulders rise and fall. "That's something at least?"

Unlike her interactions with Raein, with Rixen she didn't feel as though she was being constantly the judged. The stallion seemed to have a way with words and expressions that didn't make Otem feel uncomfortable, or as if she was constantly being tested and adjudicated. She felt as though she could make mistakes in front of him, and not feel the worse for it (such as being spat out of a wall and falling to her knees). 

Image credits

We can end any time! <3

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

For a while I did not say anything because Otem looked distant. Maybe it wasn't distant, but she looked deep in thought and I did not want to interrupt. She was probably disappointed, which was perfectly understandable, if it did turn out she felt that way. I couldn't help but feel disappointed too. I had hoped for something profound to happen, only for those hopes to be dashed by nothing at all. Though I tried to guess what she might be thinking, it was impossible to tell until she spoke. Then as if struck by an idea, the girl's head snapped up in my direction. Her tightly pressed lips upturned in a smile. Her burgundy and gold eyes seemed to shine with a new sort of light. It was almost like she'd read my mind. 

"It is." I agreed with a nod of my head. I was grateful to learn that though ultimately impregnable, the wall was safe to touch. We were better off knowing this was the case, despite the newfound frustration that accompanied it. Then again, if we were to learn all of the answers today, there would be none to discover tomorrow. Otem was an amicable character and I enjoyed her company. Spending these few hours probing the wall, looking for answers, only inspired me to continue searching for them. When it came to the Rift, I decided, even the smallest amount of progress was progress none the less. As such, I chose to think of the situation optimistically. 

I continued to muse with a shrug of my striped shoulders. "Even though what happened still leaves us wondering, I'm at least glad that you touched the wall. That is certainly better than being clueless as we were before. If we ask around, we might be able to find out more." Between sentences, my eyes scanned the towering black structure again, then moved on to make contact with Otem's. "I did not even know of the existence of this barrier until today. But now that I do, and that it is not dangerous, I shall task myself with learning about it. Healing the wall, if it is indeed possible, might help to heal the Rift also." Figuring out what to do about this wall, a manifestation of the Rift's sickness, was an additional item on a list of my many tasks to complete. For a long time, I had felt lost. But after Otem gave me the glowing orb, my chief purpose within the Rift became helping to heal the land. Purpose brought strength to my mind and muscle into my work. For the same reasons, the same purpose, that drove me to spread hope wherever I could, I would not forget about the wall. One day, if I could help it, hope would heal the wall too.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits

I'll end it here :))
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}