This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Engine of Change
RP Wanted The Portal 
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
AURELIA
She is back- a mare who's life is filled with the constant throb of chaos and destruction. She hadn't ventured through the portal when the rest of Helovia had because that would've been too mainstream for the siren. Instead, she left Helovia by hoof and wandered around its outskirts in search of a new place to dwell. The destruction of Helovia was interesting to watch. The gods, who, in the eyes of Aurelia, scorned some and loved others with total bias, fell and the land virtually died. As she roamed through unclaimed forests in search of other nations to reside in, she had absolutely no inclination to come here- whatever the fuck here even is. Here is where people know her. Here is where people know what she has done. Here is where she will be remembered- the 'destructive, wicked vixen,' they will say- the one who challenges leaders, rejects her children, and is a general nuisance. Will they say she did everything she has because half of her soul was lost when Shilva died? Or, will they say she's always been horrible? She wasn't sure how she would be welcomed into this land. As she thought for a second, she determined that a cold greeting from a few enemies in an alien land was pleasanter than being left alone in this forest just to have some inconspicuous Rift mutant devour her when she least anticipates it. In all honesty, Aurelia truly had no idea how she even got here. One minute she was simply trodding along with grass beneath her hooves and the heated hug of the sun's rays on her back and then suddenly... this. The sky surged with energy, the ground quaked and a gaping hole materialized out of thin air and consumed Aurelia whole.

A disgruntled groan left her velvet lips as her golden orbs scanned the unfamiliar territory. There was an ominous feel to the land. The trees were mangled, consumed by vines and twisting in unusual ways. Frequently, glowing eyes would shine from the darkest shadows but whenever Aurelia ventured near to investigate, the eyes would vanish with a peculiar, unplaceable sound. She wasn't sure why so many presences watched her. Perhaps it was her outlandish coloring, striking white and gold, that drew them in or the heady aroma of smoke that clung to her. Aurelia held her wings tightly to her side, fearing that if she relaxed them at all some horrible thing would come rip them off of her, an event that almost occurred to her once back in Helovia as a filly. She came to a halt in an area that was slightly less confined. There was enough space for a few horses to comfortably stand, and thus decided she would just stand and wait. Perhaps someone would find her eventually... she hoped.

chaos is only understood
when it is loved by the wild, not the weak
image || coding

AURELIA STUFFS:
:: [ Magic: Fire | Upon command, her hide turns into a fire that can cause burns ] 
:: [ Restrictions | Fire can only last for 20 seconds in battle, severity of burn depends on how long opponent was exposed ]

:: [ Item: Feather | A feather given to her by the Helovian Earth God which is tied in her mane. ]
:: [ Item: Glowing Crystal | Small crystal gained from the body of the Rift Bear God after his defeat which has since been shattered, the shards are woven into strands of her hair like beads and have a slight pulsating glow to them. ]
:: [ Enchanted Item: Necklace | A gold chain with a locket at the end that is inscribed with a small sun on the inside, the wearer sparkles to a certain degree depending on the strength of the sun. (e.g. wearer will sparkle the most on a hot summer day and will sparkle the least, if at all, at night or on a cold winter day.) ]

:: [ Sun Amulet ] 

:: [ Shilva | Copperhead Snake ] Got Killed in Battle

Side Note: I accidentally made Aurelia -593 years old, but I meant to make her 8 and now I don't know how to fix it. Would it be possible to have that fixed? I'm sorry, I'm a little technologically challenged sometimes. o-o

AURELIA'S UNBORN BABY (i haven't decided on a name yet :x ) CONCEIVED ON HELOVIA:
:: [ Magic: FirexWind | Ability to heat breath into flames. ]
:: [ Restrictions | 10m radius. ]
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

another mind, another soul, another body to grow old.
it's not complicated.

Otem still lingered around the portal now and then. Oh sure, part of it was because she thought that maybe it would somehow open again and give her a way back to Helovia, but largely it was just to see who would come through. One of her many brothers and sisters? Her Father? Her mother was decidedly gone, and although Otem had resigned most of her kin to a dark place in her mind that she tried not to think about, she did hold out a small glimmer of hope that she might indeed see them one day.

As the golden mare emerged into Otem's line of view, the girl was already beginning to turn away. The mare before her quite likely was from Helovia (who else came through the portal?), but she wasn't anyone that Otem recognized. On her wither, Pandora offered a harsh hoot and pointed towards the orb of light that was softly glowing a few inches from her shoulder. "Oh. Right."  Otem murmured, remembering Kisamoa's words. Aurelia didn't appear to have the glowing orb around her yet. If it wasn't for Otem's dislike of social situations she likely would have been happy at this chance to try and heal the Rift. Regardless, obligation pushed her forward.

"Hey!" Otem called, her voice youthful and injected with enthusiasm (a defence mechanism to be sure). "Has it happened to you yet?" She continued, her voice and eyes wincing slightly with the query. Otem remembered when she had come through the portal, and while nothing untoward had happened to her, it had happened to just about everything else. 

art by Chloe!

EEEEE I'M SO GLAD TO SEE AURELIA. WHAT A TROUBLEMAKER SHE ALWAYS WAS. I LOVE IT.

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Aurelia the Hopebringer
AURELIA

As Aurelia's hooves cease moving and she is firmly planted in one spot, it doesn't take long for something to approach. Aurelia, though watchful of her surroundings, truthfully never noticed this something until it literally screams at her. The sharp sound of a youthful 'hey!' interjects her thoughts. The single word is brash and misplaced in an otherwise (mostly) quiet, ominous environment. Inhaling and then exhaling deeply, perhaps out of annoyance or perhaps out of relief of having company (it is uncertain), Aurelia turns her cranium towards the sound. The it is a filly. Hm. From the filly's lips falls a question. It is vague, mysterious, and alarming. She probes if 'it' has happened yet. In immediate response to the inquiry, Aurelia's features harden in a bitter expression of confusion and annoyance.

"What?" She snaps back at the child. On top of her skull, her ears flick backward so they are not pinned, but certainly not forward and friendly. "Has what happened?" The aggression of her tone has diminished slightly as she rephrases her question to the child, reminding herself that angrily demanding answers will get her nowhere. Still, the vagueness of the filly's inquisition has set her on edge. Does something occur to all who enter this place? By the filly's expression, whatever transpires is not pleasant. Aurelia's mal temper stems from her appetite for knowledge. The gears within her mind are grinding together, desperately searching for an answer, while simultaneously imagining ways to get the fuck out of this place. Aurelia would gladly take a life of solitary wandering than stay here for even a breath longer. As the moments pass, Aurelia's temper begins to subside.

Her ochroid eyes leave the filly and begin searching the scenery around them. There has to be a way out. The last thing Aurelia wants to have to deal with is the looming threat of some ritual that happens to all who enter. The portal she arrived from had dissipated, but surely another one would open for the next horse that is unfortunate enough to get vomited out here. After seconds of frantically looking around, Aurelia's gaze (well, more like stare now) settles back on the horse in front of her. "You," she says quietly, her eyes narrowing as if studying the tawny being closely. "How did you get here?" The look of curiosity in her eyes is overbearing as her eyes drop to the filly's body than appendages before settling back on her face to make eye contact once more. Did everyone come through a portal or was that only Aurelia's case? The only way to find the way out, is to find the way in.

chaos is only understood
image || coding

yes i'm so excited to be writing her again! it's been a while, little bit rusty :P
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

it's not complicated.

One thing Otem certainly did not inherit from her mother, was the Mountain's emotionlessness. A fire rose immediately in the back of Otem's throat as the mare snapped a question right back. And were her ears pinned backwards? A slur of remarks exploded inside Otem's head, like Fine, be eaten by the Rift, or Get someone else to give you a fucking glowing orb, or Bitch do you even know who I am? But she said none of those things. Perhaps deep down Otem was cowardly, or just lonely, or just young, but she managed to hold her tongue, and instead tried to pin Aurelia with a condescending stare of and I thought I was the child here, but probably failed.

"I'll take that as a no, then." The girl countered, and then continued, wanting to show off just how much she knew about this place (which was actually very little, but she hoped to make it seem like she did). "Something happens when you first come here. You know the barrier in Helovia that takes away magic at the Threshold? Or.. did? It's something like that. Only ... only this thing seems sentient. It knows what it's doing, and I think it likes it." Otem paused, wrinkling her nose distastefully, and thinking of how it had made Iskra turn stinky every time he used his magic.
"I don't think it hurts. It didn't happen to me," Otem couldn't help but subtly brag, "so maybe it won't happen to you either."

How did you get here?

"Through the original portal. The big one that pulled everyone initially through. " Otem answered stiffly. On her wither, Pandora peered forward, as if trying to understand what about this mare made her bonded so instantly prickly. Otem ignored this. "How long have you been...back?" The girl asked, wondering if time had somehow changed. "Its been ... months on this side for me."

art by Chloe!

bahahah so sassy.

Aurelia the Hopebringer
AURELIA

The girl rambles about magic (or the loss of it, rather) and Aurelia listens patiently. When she mentions a being that seems to enjoy stripping horses of their magic, one part of Aurelia fears for her flame magic, but another part of her is silently excited. A being that creates chaos? Aurelia's sweet spot. In some weird twisted way, the presence of chaos calmed the mare's nerves about being somewhere new and foreign. Was this land all about chaos? Would the strange pegasus mare finally, finally, fit in? Only time would tell.

Aurelia's eyes glance back down at the filly momentarily. Is she even a filly? She's already large and impressive looking beside Aurelia, who is a slightly smaller mare. Perhaps this stranger is just youthful looking and not truly a foal. Aurelia ponders this possibility, completely zoning out for a few seconds. Only minutes ago, Aurelia was snappy and irritable, but now seemingly calmer in a 180-degree mood swing (typical for the likes of Aurelia). The mare-filly divulged a lot of information in a short amount of time, and it sated Aurelia’s intense curiosity for now. It is plausible that in 5 minutes she will once more be searching for answers and grow irritated when they are not given at in a moment’s notice.

The stranger tells Aurelia she came from the huge portal everyone went through- well, everyone but Aurelia. ”I don’t know how long I was there after everyone left because the thing is, there is no time, no night, no day, no life  she stated plainly. ”The gods were slain, the territories demolished, the land itself destroyed,”  she continued. ”I was in that chaos for as long as I could be without dying and then just moved to the outskirts of Helovia planning on where I would venture to next... maybe back to my homeland? Unfortunately, the portal swallowed me before I could leave, just as it had with everyone else.. just slightly delayed. ” The tale of Aurelia’s late arrival is not a supremely interesting one, but it is enough to properly answer the stranger’s question.

"If this is a sentient being, the one who's robbing the mortals of magic," she began, her voice floaty and curious as if asking the world, not just the stranger. "Has anyone ever asked it why? Even if it doesn't speak, you may be able to understand it more by speaking to it and seeing how it reacts." Non-verbal replies were just as important as verbal ones, after all. Maybe it's the worst question she could've asked, but maybe it wasn't. Should the beast come for her magic, she’d have an array of questions for it. "Even if there’s a chance it completely ignores questions, it’s worth a shot.” Aurelia cocked her head slightly, trying to organize her thoughts. Her mind was a tornado of feelings, ideas, theories, and more. Upon losing her bonded companion, she lost a lot of her sanity. Where part of her soul has been ripped out is now a void. Her thoughts and feelings reflect this. The stranger should easily be able to tell as Aurelia works out her ideas in her head she grows more and more confused. Rift-monster theories that made sense in her head seconds ago no longer make sense. Similarly, things that never made sense are suddenly obviously clear. As her head returns to its natural position, no longer cocked, a dazed expression crosses her features.

In attempt to salvage the conversation and return from the brink of a downward spiral, Aurelia completely changes the topic. "Do you have herds here? Territories? What is this place?” By throwing a myriad of questions at the stranger, she hopes they will take her away from the confusion surrounding their last subject.

chaos is only understood
image || coding
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

it's not complicated.

It didn't escape Otem's keep scrutiny that Aurelia's entire countenance had changed, though she couldn't quite pin down a reason as to why. Was it because the golden-touched mare was as manipulative as Otem could sometimes be? Was she just putting on a show? Had the transportation through the portal made her irritable, but now with her hooves on solid ground she was much better? Inwardly Otem sighed. Like her mother before her, Otem found the consideration of the emotions of others to be a cumbersome task, but unlike Isopia, Otem did think it was necessary. How else were you supposed to make your way in the world?

However before the mulch coloured filly could come to a conclusion, Aurelia began recounting what had happened to her, and the story she told was much more interesting that Otem's deductions about Aurelia's state of mind. As the mare mentioned the slaughter of the gods, Otem's heart clenched as she thought of her own mother throwing herself into certain death to try and make the portal safer for everyone. Past that, she hadn't actually given it much thought. It didn't seem possible that Helovia even existed anymore, but apparently it did in some way. Though could the destroyed husk of their homeland really still be thought of as Helovia, if it really was as Aurelia described it?

"Ah.." Otem murmured, indicating that she was still listening. Not so long ago she'd asked the creature that guarded the heart of the labyrinth if there would ever be a way back, but he didn't seem to know. Now it seemed as though even if there were, there wasn't anything to go back to.

Aurelia's question caught Otem off guard. Perhaps it was because of the mare's abrupt mood-change, but the girl hadn't expected the golden mare to be particularly clever. And yet the query that left her lips was an especially apt one, and one that Otem had never actually thought of. Clearing her throat and trying not to let her surprise colour her features too much, Otem shook her head. "Actually....I don't know. It seems sentient but .. it doesn't seem to have a body, or at least not one that I've seen. It just .. is, and then things usually happen." Otem shrugged, still trying to disguise her unease at how caught off guard she was. "You could try? Seeing as it hasn't come yet?" Otem looked around, as if expecting the thing to appear on cue.

Flicking an ear back to catch Aurelia's question, Otem smirked slightly and shook her head. At least this was one thought Aurelia hadn't beaten her too. "No, actually. And that's part of the problem I think ... We all came, and Kisamoa told us to explore and when we did ... well, there was no where to come back to, to tell about our findings. Everyone just sort of disappeared." Otem eyed Aurelia for a moment, as if sizing her up (which in fact, she was). "Anyone could start one, I suppose." The girl allowed, fishing to see if Aurelia was the type to bite at this idea.

The ball of light at Otem's side suddenly began to pulse and expand. The light intensified and then dimmed as this process occurred. Having witnessed this once before, Otem knew what to expect and tried to appear nonplussed in the face of such a magical transformation. Where there had only been one orb, suddenly there were two. One floated towards Aurelia, and the other stayed where it had been at Otem's side.  "Oh right. There's also that." Otem nodded her ram-horned skull towards the orb. "They are supposed to help cleanse the lands."

art by Chloe!

Aurelia the Hopebringer
AURELIA

Aurelia gave a quick nod to the mare as she suggested Aurelia ask the being, verifying that she would. Of course, Aurelia had not seen the entity, but she figured she had enough brains to notice a third, heavy presence among them.

When Aurelia asks about herds, she is met with a no. Then the stranger makes a quick remark paired with a suggestive glance as if to say 'you could do it.' A smirk formed on her rosy lips. "Not anyone; not in this time of chaos," she declared. "In a time like this you need a real leader. Weak leaders cannot make order from chaos." Her mind flashed back to a time when the leaders of each herd were fearless, brave, passionate, perfect. It takes a certain sort of monster to lead a herd. It takes discipline, respect, order, and so much more. If this complete stranger was suggesting Aurelia could lead a herd she was incredibly stupid. Just from this conversation alone Aurelia already had proven to be impolite, volatile, confused, desperate. There was a time when she craved power, but no good had come from it. She would've lied, defrauded, and fought her way to the top, and often tried to do so, but times were different now. Aurelia simply did not covet power anymore. The pegasus downright disagreed with this child.

Suddenly, their conversation was cut short as the ball of light that bobbed up and down by the mare's shoulder (Aurelia thought it was the personification of the mare's magic) began drawing attention to itself. The orb went through some sort of strange mitosis and Aurelia's eyes were firmly glued to it. Within a few seconds, the second orb began drifting towards her. As it got closer, Aurelia did not know what to do and countered dramatically. She recoiled from the orb, her body curving away from it. She squealed, her ears pinning, and her eyes flashing. "What the hell is this?” She asked frantically as she continued to step around and away the orb, only to have it slowly, yet continuously, move towards her. "Why does it need to be near me to clean the land?" Who even said Aurelia wanted to clean the land? Gnashing her teeth together, Aurelia let out a low, smooth growl. She eventually allowed the orb to come near and float around her, however, she remained watchful of it, fearful it would combust and smoke her to death.

"Who even are you?" Finally, she reached that point of the conversation. Aurelia didn't even know who she was speaking to. Was this stranger lying? How could Aurelia trust her without even knowing her? The pegasus's brow lowered, suddenly somewhat untrusting of the horse before her.

chaos is only understood
image || coding
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

it's not complicated.

Otem wasn't put off much by Aurelia's disagreeing. Given the choice between being a stupid child or a poor leader, Otem would much rather be the latter. You grew out of being child, but if what you weren't was a poor leader, the autumn-touched girl very much doubted that there was much coming back from that. "If my Father was here, he would do it." Otem mumbled as Aurelia mentioned that they needed a real leader. "Or-" She was about to say or my mother, but of course Isopia couldn't lead anymore. Isopia was dead. Otem swallowed the latter portion of her sentence with a hard gulp, and coughed slightly hoping to conceal the unfinished sentence.

It was with great pride and smugness that Otem watched Aurelia recoil so dramatically from the floating orb before her, if only because those fleeting feelings of rage that the golden mare had provoked in the girl when she first arrived, were still glowing beneath her breast. Not a leader, or brave Otem thought to herself, a look of satisfaction upon her youthful features as Aurelia demanded to know what the orb was and why it needed to be anywhere near her.  Patiently Otem waited until this pantomime of terror had come to end. "Because Kisamoa said that we had to. And if healing this land means that things can get back to normal and we can form herds, then so be it. I'm sick of all this hurry-up and waiting that we've been doing."

Otem blanched slightly as the golden-marked mare asked who she was. Back in Helovia, surrounded by Volterra's many other children, and in close proximity to her mother, almost everyone knew who she was. Or perhaps the girl had acquired her mother's inability to conform to social standards. Whatever it was, Otem hadn't been expecting the question and had just stared at Aurelia for a moment before being able to conjure an answer.
"I'm Otem." She answered, and then, not thinking better of it, added: "Grand daughter of the God of the Earth, from Helovia." On her wither, fully unimpressed with her bonded's bragging, hooted and fanned her wings. "Oh, and this is Pandora."

art by Chloe!

Aurelia the Hopebringer
AURELIA

Otem claims her father could've led. Aurelia, understanding the struggles of loss and the different ways the portal tore families apart (hers included), asks no questions. She has no idea where her children are, her mate (ex, rather), or even her friends. Otem is the first horse she has met since entering the Rift, and though she answers many questions and offers a lot of information, Aurelia still longs to see a face she knows (even if she is scared how they will react to seeing the vixen).

As Aurelia displays her flair for dramatic by flinching away from the orb repeatedly, Otem begins discussing what the orb will lead to- a more orderly, 'normal' nation. She briefly mentions hurrying up and waiting, and Aurelia quietly wonders what the means but doesn't dwell too much on it. Attempting to come up with answers to only partially given truths was insanity, so Aurelia just listened. Otem mentions a Kisamoa. Again, Aurelia is still confused. To Aurelia, it seems like every sentence only divulges some, rather than all, the information desired. Of course, Aurelia does not except a total stranger to give her a play-by-play of everything that has happened, but it feels as if every new piece of information just opens the doors to an entirely new group of questions. To Otem's statements, Aurelia just offers a soft 'hmm..,' as she debates what to ask next if anything.

The 'who are you?' question is answered after a slight pause. Does she not want to divulge who she is? Eventually, however, she does. Otem, granddaughter of the God of the Earth and Pandora. A wave of nostalgia comes over Aurelia as she thinks back to the large, warm god. Her thoughts are shifted to the feather tied in her mane- Earth God's feather. She quietly wonders if Otem recognizes it, and if she does, does she think Aurelia ripped it off of the god herself? She remembers a time when she nearly lost her wing, just as Africa had, just to wander upon the Earth God who healed her with swiftness and grace. Aurelia harbors only the sweetest memories of the Earth God. When it finally registers that this is the granddaughter of the god, her mind makes a connection. "You're the daughter of Hototo?" She perked up upon making this connection. Hototo was the only child of the earth that she knew. In the presence of godly offspring, suddenly Aurelia feels small. She feels guilty for all of her wrongdoings. Here was a being of divine lineage attempting to cure a sick land and inform newcomers of the happenings of the Rift, but what was Aurelia doing? Being surly, callous, and demanding. Then she remembers: the gods are dead. It doesn't matter if she's related to the Earth God. Her ancestry is inconsequential here.

chaos is only understood
image || coding
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

it's not complicated.

It would almost have been better, if not completely hostile, had Aurelia said her last thought out loud. After all, someone needed to tell Otem that, if she had ever mattered back in Helovia, she certainly didn't here. How many proclaimed that they were the distant offspring of gods, or princes or queens? And did it ever matter? Of course not. 

Sooner or later she would find that out, although apparently today was not that day, as Aurelia had decided to hold her tongue.

In fact Otem had noticed the feather tied into Aurelia's mane. It was one of the reasons (one of the more humble reasons, anyways) that she had mentioned her lineage at all. A spark of bright hope bloomed inside the girl at the hope that perhaps someone else here knew of her mother, but it was quickly snuffed out. "Oh.. no. Hototo was slain by the Moon Goddess a long time ago. Isopia was my mother, the second child of the earth god." Pausing, Otem sniffed distastefully. "The Sun God had a second child as well.." Her voice trailed off as her narrow shoulders rose and fell gently back towards her sides. Although Otem had ram horns just like Hototo had, he had been gone for so long .. how had Aurelia not known that? Where had she been all this time? 

Not wanting to get too lost in history, Otem allowed her bi-coloured eyes to dart around for a moment, as if she could force the thing into appearing simply by being here. "Maybe if we leave the thing won't come for you.." Otem's eyes glanced back to Aurelia, looking for a companion or two. She knew her Father had lost one of his prized dragons, and was likely out looking for it now. But if Aurelia had one, that would be alright. The tree had healed whatever infection had caused the disturbance between companions and their bondeds anyways.

"What's your name? You're obviously from Helovia, or at least you were, weren't you?"

art by Chloe!