This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Glittering Irritation [O]
Trial Ultima 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
Find and collect crystals and glitter from Crystal Lichen. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? Oh how wrong that was. To start with, Roscorro had no idea what a Crystal Lichen was, let alone how to find it. Still new within this world he had done little exploring, tying himself to the land of Solanis where he and Gwyn had met. It was a strange forest full of ferns and luminous flowers. The only true tree growing within it a giant, curious monument in the center of it all. This had been their 'home', if one were to use the term loosely. It was more a place where Gwyn waited for him to return than an actual home. And with the increasing heat raising the temperatures within the humid forest, it was quickly becoming miserable for Gwyn. Spurring the large stallion to search for a more suitable, and safe location for the filly, the Clydesdale had found himself within the snares of another trial.

It all started when he had lamented aloud about his loss of magic, egged on by the snickering voice in the back of his mind. Despite how miniscule his powers had been, the loss was deeply felt. It left a hole in him, a cold emptiness within his blood that it did not like. He needed it back. It needed it back. So he challenged the world. If Kaida had been right, this land granted you ways to regain what you had lost. He aimed to test this theory. At the thought of the mare his heart ached and guilt entered his soul once more. He would never be able to apologize to her, to make things right. Fore he had promised never to enter her sight again. With a shake of his head the stallion brushed the feelings aside. Refusing to enter that deep, dark pit again. Stamping a hoof with a firm resolution, Roscorro had lifted his head, waiting for The Rift to respond. Unlike before, no eyes appeared, eager to devour his heart. Nothing caressed upon his skin with its vile touch, leaving cold within his soul. The Rift, was silent.

Had it not heard him? Taking a deep breath the stallion aimed another shout towards the heavens. Silence. Nothing but the rush hiss of exhaling breath filled the air. His eyes widened in shock and he attempted to speak once more. But nothing came as his lips formed words. The Rift had indeed answered him. It had stolen his voice! Ruffling his wings the stallion fought down the anger and panic as he danced in place. In that moment, a small, quiet thought entered his mind. Find the Crystal Lichen. It was not a booming command or malicious snarl. But a silent, simple nudge to do as it said. He knew his trial had begun anew. His body stilled as he worked to calm his breathing. His heart slowed and his mind cleared. Lifting a hoof he set out, not sure where to begin his search. Only trusting this instinct that now guided his steps.

It was this feeling that brought him to the entrance of Ultima. The beautiful, vibrant colors dazzled his eyes. Unlike the rest of the world this land was almost completely untouched by the darkness of the Rift. The gentle giant stared in awe as he plodded through the sand. He had never seen the sea before, never smelled the salt on the air or felt the spray of the ocean. His heart once again pounded in his chest, this time in excitement. He let out a nicker, only emitting a puff of air for his troubles, as he pranced along the beach. His steps high and playful as he tossed his head. His dance brought him in a circle outside of the cave's entrance. Like a young colt he let the joy of the moment overtake him. Snorting he sniffed at the strange plants, rocks, and other objects that he had never seen before. Eagerly soaking in everything he saw and touched. As he gradually entered the cave, and his breath was stolen from him. Clear walls revealed a scene into another world. His body came to a halt as his eyes remained transfixed upon the world he doubted many of his kind had ever seen, or dreamed of before.

"Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

OOC:
A rough a terrible first post!

The first of Roscorro's trial.
Asking for: His blood keeps him warm in the bitterest of cold, causing his skin to become hot to the touch. He can not only keep another warm, but absorb their emotional, metal, and physical pains. The healing magic of his blood absorbs the injuries, and emotional pain, into its heat.

Nothing happens. Everything is still and calm and unchanged around you. You wonder if your request has been denied. You move to speak again, open your mouth and... nothing. No words leave your tongue. To get your voice back and be rewarded your prize you must...

First task: Collect both crystal and glitter from Crystal Lichen.

@Akumi (I figure she'd like to come and help the mute giant with his task. =D)

Anyone else is welcome!
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

Inside the cave Otem stiffened.

She could hear hoof-falls - relatively loud ones by the sound of things -  getting louder and louder. Simple deductive reasoning told her that meant the owner of those hooves was getting closer and closer, but didn't tell her what she should do about it. Her first instinct was to flee deeper into the cave and avoid whatever confrontation might lay ahead all together. If she was quiet enough, perhaps her own exit would go unnoticed. Had she moved since she began to hear the footsteps coming closer? Would whoever was out there already be alerted of her presence? Would hiding herself be futile?

>>Too big to hide<< Pandora noted silently. The melanistic owl clung to the curl's of Otem's mane, seemingly neutral on the subject of whether to stay or to go. "Fine!" Otem hissed, knowing that her companion was correct. Besides, she didn't actually know how far the cave went. It was entirely possible that there was a deadend just around the next bend, and then Otem would be in no better position than she was now.

Steeling her nerve and forcing down the wave of anxiety that threatened to drown her, Otem took a breath.

"Is someone there?" Otem called, trying to sound inquisitive and lighthearted, rather than childish and panicky. Taking another small breath, the long-legged child began to move towards the sound. 

otem

I'm a cold day in august, I'm a stream too shallow.
I'm a heart-shaped box with no letter inside.
Image Credits

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Vidaloka' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
ROSCORRO

A voice drifted to the stallion's ears from deeper within the mystical cave, interrupting his reverie. His gaze tore away from the fantastical world on the other side of the clear, cave wall towards the source of the noise. He opened his mouth to reply. Silence. He frowned when he remembered that he could no longer speak. He had no way of answering this stranger, so he simply opted to move closer. His steps were slow and cautious, taking care to make his progress known so as not to startle whom ever had called out to him. He was prepared for them to react in fear, none the less. He was a mash up of three different creatures, and not the prettiest thing to look at. Though he did not cut nearly as horrific a figure as Kisamoa, he was still intimidating. His own ball of hope floated quietly behind him, lighting upon the cave walls and casting Roscorro's menacing shadows further into the cave.

Head cocking to one side he noticed the scary form that pressed on before him and stopped. He gave a frustrated click of his tongue and the orb moved before him. He cast a wary glance before him, worried that his carelessness may have frighten the owner of the voice. She had sounded young. He truly hoped he hadn't given her a fright. With his piece of hope now guiding the way he ventured forward a few more paces, rounding the bend in cautiously. Ears pricked forward in curiosity he followed his light as it shot towards the being within the cave.

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Otem
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

The sound came closer

and closer.

The footsteps were deliberate - almost sounding drawn out. No voice came to answer her query, just the slow onward march of whatever was ahead. The cave walls began to glitter with subtle rays of light as Roscorro's ball floated towards her. In her mind, Otem was picturing a massage mare-eating monster, one that looked like one of those deepwater fish with a ball of light attached to its forehead to lull prey into an unsuspecting daze.

"I'm not alone!" Otem declared, voice shaky and nostrils flaring. It was true, techinically, she did have Pandora with her. But what she meant to imply was that she couldn't just be taken, or murdered, or whatever it was the creature surely had in mind.

As her panic grew (it was still true that there was no where for her to run), the ball of light suddenly came into view. Recognizing it for what it was (surely Kisamoa hadn't given a ball of light to each and every monster in the RIft as well as the equine-inhabitants? And even if he had, perhaps her own ball of light would protect her - would show that she was someone who was on the same side), Otem let out the breath she hadn't known she had been holding. But just as quickly as the air left her lungs, she gasped it back in as Roscorro finally appeared before her.

He was like nothing she had ever seen. Her eyes moved from horn, to scale, to feather, almost unable to comprehend the type of creature that stood before her. Back in Helovia, her mother had been one of the tallest around (save for the gods) at 18 hands. At 17.2 Otem was definitely not short, but before this behemoth she felt as though she could be snapped in half with the smallest of his efforts.

Although Otem meant to ask who are you, instead, "What are you?" Tumbled from her lips, as she stared at the giant stallion with wide frightened eyes.

otem

Image Credits

fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Vidaloka' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
ROSCORRO

Her wavering voice drifted towards him as she declared that she was not alone. Yet the fear that shook her words suggested otherwise. Still the beast moved with caution, hoping to not only avoid startling her further or run into a trap, but also to reduce the amount of smoke that fell from his body with each movement. The vanity magic, though helpful in creating a more dramatic aura, did not help reduce his ghastly appearance. No, in this case it might serve to frighten this mare further. The tender hearted stallion never sought to frighten others, and it saddened him when the inevitable gasp of fear escaped the stranger's lips when she laid eyes upon him. He stopped, ensuring that she had a safe distance between them. His piece of hope bounced towards the mare as if excited to find another being. It hovered around her like a curious puppy greeting someone at the door. Upon discovering that she possessed her own piece of hope, Rosco's moved away from her to dance around her floating light.

Seeming satisfied with its greeting it twirled away to bob beside Roscorro like a happy child that had made a friend. The giant gave a soft smile of amusement as he watched his new possession, ever careful to hide his fangs behind closed lips. In the light cast by both balls of hope, he had been able to easily make out the mare as she stood before him. Her pretty form decorated in the colors of autumn stood tense with fear. He did not recall seeing her at the gathering with Kisamoa. Though he had been more focused on the god, Gwyn, and Kiada at the time. Most of all Kiada. He had lost sight of her at the end of the meeting, though her words still echoed in his head. They gave him hope. Hope that the wounds he had caused could be mended. Though he had lost his voice shortly after and had yet to seek the fiery mare out due to this fact he was determined to make things right. But first he had to finish this trial and restore his voice. How could he apologize or explain himself if he could not utter a single word?

His stormy gaze drifted away from the luminous ball to focus on the young mare. Her frightened question caused a small, sad smile to tug at his lips. Oh how he wished that he could answer her and ease her fears. It pained him to see such a young, beautiful creature so terrified of him. Instead of opening his mouth to reply he unfurled his wings. Slowly, as not to startle her, he brought their tips up to touch his throat. Motioning that he could not speak, before allowing them to rest at his side once more. But that did not answer her question. He grew thoughtful. Raising a paw he touched his chest before gesturing toward her, palm upward. I am an equine, like you. He thought. Though not nearly as pretty. He couldn't explain that he was a tribrid, a cursed monster that had no intention of harming her. Though his heart yearned to comfort her own, he could not. He only hoped that she would trust in the relaxed, nonthreatening way he held himself and the kindness that shone in his eyes.

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Otem
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

In moments of panic Otem did not grow braver as some might. Instead she became stony and somehow defiant of her feelings, lest they make her seem weak or childlike (which in fact, she was). As the behemoth before her slowly began to move, raising one terrifying wing towards his lips, Otem's shoulders tensed and her nerve steeled as she prepared to possibly become his lunch. Surely his wing was reaching towards his mouth? Some sort of silent, you could make this easier if you just come towards my teeth gesture? However rather than revealing rows of shark-like teeth which Otem was sure were behind his lips, he simply touched the end of his mouth and shook his head.

What?

Next a paw rose off of the ground to gently touch his chest, and then extended towards her.

Huh?

Why didn't he just answer her-

Oh

"You can't talk. " Otem said, her voice not rising to indicate a question, but instead sounding like a statement of fact. "And you are..." Scrutinizing him now and feeling confident that there was something non-equine about him, she realized that for all intents and purposes he was similiar to her. Same basic(ish) construction, wings, horns, eyes, hair ... His were just ... sometimes in different places than hers were.
"I see." The autumn-touched girl concluded, her body visibly relaxing. "And you've got an orb, so you've at least been around Kisamoa."

Almost awkwardly, Otem paused, unsure how to continue. How was she supposed to communicate with him, if he couldn't talk?
"Have...you always been like this? Silent?" She asked, head tilted slightly to the side, feeling much more inquisitive now that she was pretty sure she wasn't going to be eaten.

otem

Image Credits

Akumi
Currently championing:
Akumi trotted toward the cave excited to visit it once again. It had been so long since she first came here and she missed the view. The crystal clear walls and interesting sea life intrigued her. From deeper within she heard a single young sounding voice. Akumi got curious and happily pranced toward it while her hooves made a sweet clacking sound own the hard floor. Her lightning-strike looking back began to glow red and reflected off the cave walls giving it an eerie crimson shine. Because of this, Akumi knew that the creature she was about to meet was a stranger and this excited her. Maybe she could make her a friend? Her pace picked up and as she rounded the corner, the source of the voice was found. But she wasn’t alone. There was something else with her and Akumi stopped in her tracks. Her back glowed bright red warning her of the horses that she didn’t know before her. Adrenaline kicked in. Maybe she shouldn’t have come up on them so soon, maybe they weren’t exactly the friendly type. You never know here in the rift. Her green eyes stared at the both of them, wide but not too afraid.

OOC: Sorry for a crappy first post and for taking so long to respond! I'm back to the Rift now so I can join you in your trial! C:
ROSCORRO
It was kind of cute how the young mare possessed everything. He gave a nod when she stated that she could not talk, then waited patiently as she continued the mull things over. He seemed to have this affect on people. He didn't mind waiting for her though, he was quite used to it. This allowed him to pick up things he might not have had he been dwelling on how sad it made him feel when someone reacted to his outward appearance. Like how she looked at him, taking in his form as she picked out similarities and differences.

The one sides conversation turned towards the orbs. he gave another nod of affirmation. Yes, he had met Kisamoa. This fact seemed to help her relax. Good. He was happy that she was growing more comfortable with his presence. Her next question caused his head to shake. No, he had not always been this way. And he had no intention of being this way for much longer. Movement deeper in the tunnel drew his eye as another mare came around the corner. Then froze. He offered another friendly smile and a nod of greeting, his gaze falling to a strange plant near her hooves. Aha! His face lit up, ears perking forward as he stretched his nose towards the odd plant. But it lay beyond his reach. He would have to pass the young mare he had just met and go closer to this new one. Lifting his head once more he looked to Otem, gesturing again to his throat and then towards the odd plant, though Akumi could think that he was pointing at her. He moved forward, his shining orb happily floating towards Akumi as it greeted her, eager to share its light with her. Hopefully she would not be frightened off as it seemed to glow, and then split.

Keeping his posture friendly he nodded another greeting towards Akumi, happy to meet another horse as well as find what he was after. Taking great pains to give Otem as much space as possible in their tight quarters he advanced towards Akumi. He wasn't sure how he wqas going to explain to the other mare that he needed that plant by her hooves, he just hoped she didn't end up thinking he was going to eat her.

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

ooc: Welcome Akumi!

Thanks to Akumi Rosco spots the plant his after. He tries to skirt around Otem so as not to frighten her by getting too close and comes towards Akumi.

@Otem
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

Otem didn't know whether to feel sad for the monstrous man, or relieved. If he used to be able to talk, then it was sad that he couldn't currently. But, didn't that also mean that perhaps things could be fixed? That it wasn't permanent? In Otem's short life she hadn't encountered any sort of injury that could make it such that one couldn't talk , and so she concluded that if he hadn't been born with this handicap, that it must be fixable.

The sap and soil coloured girl watched as Roscorro's gaze moved, and hers too fell upon the newcomer. With a glance that was at first curious, as Otem watched Roscorro repeat the I can't talk pantomime, believing that she was meant to communicate this information to the unicorn mare. "He can't speak." Otem offered helpfully watching as the big-man's orb began to divide and float towards the unicorn. "Oh, and those are from Kismoa. They are balls of hope, that you're meant to share. They help cleanse the lands." She continued, feeling quite proud of herself for not only knowing what it was Rosorro wanted her to communicate, but also serving as a translator for the orbs.

It wasn't until she noticed the giant moving towards the mare that she began to question whether or not she had gotten the translation right. He seemed to not be looking at her, but near her.

Peering around his massive body, she suddenly noticed the plants growing near Akumi's hooves.

Plants.

I can't talk.

Plants

I can't talk

"Oh!" Otem suddenly chirped, ears perked forward.  "Is it a trial from the Rift? Is that why you can't talk? And you...you need something to fix it?"

otem

Image Credits

Akumi
Currently championing:
Her eyes grew wide with wonder as she stared unexpectedly. "Hi?" she said nervously. He gestured towards his throat while the younger filly explained that he couldn't speak. Akumi tilted her head slightly at the orbs that were headed for her. Orbs from Kisamoa? Hope? She had never heard the two words associated with each other before and now she really didn't know what to think. She was stripped of her home and pulled into his portal while she watched dear loved ones die and had been struck down where they stood and yet, what seemed like a merciless killer had gifted someone with orbs of hope? It all didn't make sense. She didn't know what to think of Kismoa was good or bad but oh how she hoped he was good.

The big stallion smiled when he approached, wanting to appear friendly. Her lightning strikes on her back glowed brighter as he approached. But as he was getting nearer she noticed he wasn't actually looking into her eyes, rather, below them. She backed up a little and came centimeters from stepping upon it. She looked down and noticed a simple plant between her crimson hooves. The filly then asked if it was a trial from the rift. Akumi had heard of these before but had never met someone actually going through one. "Do you need this plant?" she asks curiously before looking towards the dark filly for affirmation, hoping the both of them guessed right.

@Roscorro